The Truth About Hair and Why Indians Would Keep Their Hair Long

Unfortunately I was not able to take any pictures of these paintings because in some of the museums like The Academia and Uffizi in Florence, there is a "no pictures allowed" policy due to - get this! "copy right infringement". Because apparently those pictures belong to the state of Italy, and therefore are copyrighted under the country's federal laws. I was quite bumbed out that i couldn't take pictures with David and Venus. Oh and also in the major museums they do security scan of your bags and you have to go through metal detectors, due to "terrorism". And in Uffizi they also make you dump out your water at the door in HOT weather, so they can sell you it in their caffeteria for double the money.

argh! I know! I went to a concert just last week and they were charging 7$ for a gas-station beer :curse:. (and people think smoking is expensive?!?!) too bad you couldn't take any pictures... :(

Okay, now back to hair...you know, all you can really find if you try an internet search is those lame explanations for why we have hair, insulation and whatnot. Of course, i don't trust that. :cool2: has anybody tried searching who found something relevant to the article??

Well, I've had long hair most of my life, and also a beard since I was in high school, except for a few times I've shave my beard over the years (I hate shaving -- it's a big waste of time and my skin is pretty sensitive). But I've also had my head shaved when I was young -- when I was around 11 or 12 I had very short crew cuts for about a year, like 10 in a row and the last one a mohawk -- but I've never really noticed a difference as far as "sixth sense"/psychic abilities. But it might just be me.

Smoking on the other hand, definitely gives me an advantage in so many ways, no really psychic, but clear thinking and reduction of stress, etc.

RyanX said:
Shane said:
Gimpy said:
So, cutting off an Indian man's hair is going to carry all that with it, which to me is more of a wound to the person's psyche even if it's subconscious(but in this case I'm betting not.)

I don't think the subject can be taken out of this bigger context, osit.

I think this makes a lot of sense. The social and individual trauma connected to cutting their hair could very well have a huge effect on their psyche.

I'm not sure if there's such a thing as social or subconscious trauma associated with cutting one's hair. This seems like a bit of a stretch to me.

I don't think that is a stretch at all. Some people have religious beliefs associated with their hair and deeply believe that it is important not to cut it, this occurs in Wahabism and Rastafarianism, and probably others.

_http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=13044865

article above said:
Several Rastafarians and other inmates have been moved to a high-security prison as officials try to persuade them to cut their hair, which many refuse to do because it goes against their religious beliefs.

Many inmates had spent more than a decade in isolation for refusing to cut their hair and then were all first moved to the same prison in November. Their refusal violates the state's grooming policy for prisoners. Some of those recently moved are still working through a program meant to persuade them to cut their hair. Nine chose to go back into segregation, corrections department spokesman Larry Traylor said Thursday.

See? Some inmates were willing to be moved to a more difficult living situation just because they did not want to cut their hair. I think that constitutes a social trauma associated with the cutting of hair.

Prometeo said:
Paragon said:
But I have a Mohawk just now

Hey good style. Never thought of finding that style here.

How about mine? (See attatched picture)

Attachments

• 227343_10150298432928066_679778065_9628200_7663743_n.jpg
    227343_10150298432928066_679778065_9628200_7663743_n.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 25
Ask_a_debtor said:
RyanX said:
Shane said:
Gimpy said:
So, cutting off an Indian man's hair is going to carry all that with it, which to me is more of a wound to the person's psyche even if it's subconscious(but in this case I'm betting not.)

I think this makes a lot of sense. The social and individual trauma connected to cutting their hair could very well have a huge effect on their psyche.

I'm not sure if there's such a thing as social or subconscious trauma associated with cutting one's hair. This seems like a bit of a stretch to me.

I don't think that is a stretch at all. Some people have religious beliefs associated with their hair and deeply believe that it is important not to cut it, this occurs in Wahabism and Rastafarianism, and probably others.

I also know more than a few woman-friends who cried a LOT when they got their long hair cut short. Personally, I had longish hair for a while (shoulder length or longer, but really curly so it didn't look that long). All I got after getting it cut was a headache (happens almost every time I get a haircut - longer the hair before cutting, worse the headache).

I have long air, I got my first hair cut yesterday since December 2008. They are still to my shoulder, they were getting difficult to brush and often come in contact with my cigarette when working. In December 2008 after 2 months of reading Laura material intensively, I started to have lucid dream nightly. It lasted for a few weeks until, the day that I had an haircut. I did relate the 2 together, for me there was no other reason why I stopped the lucid dream sequence.

Until I read this article a few days ago, all I could base my conclusion on was my intuition now, I think that there was indeed a connection and that this article proved it.

I had shoulder length hair when I was a teenager, now I keep it buzzed really short using no guard. I like cutting my hair, it feels like it opens me up more, makes me more sensitive to the world around me. And it makes me feel "fresh". And that's only taking about 1/4 of an inch off. I can't grow hair like that anymore, so count me out for any long hair vs short hair psychic tests. I can say that I don't notice any affect to shaving my facial hair, doesn't seem to affect anything other than social aspects.

Aside from toxins that accumulate in hair, I wonder what about residual energies? As your hair is growing, wouldn't your psychic/mental state get imprinted on it? And this could work both ways, with negatively minded people with long hair carrying around a little "extra" negative energy, and positively minded people doing the opposite?

There was also the Ra material where the channels light and frizzy hair would interfere with the signal. In that way, a bald head could be akin to a satellite dish, with a large, exposed surface area for receiving transmissions.

Approaching Infinity said:
luke wilson said:
Why can't the problem of long hair be a practical one?

I think we will find the further we go back in time, the worse personal hygiene gets like cleaning teeth, showering on a regular basis etc Why? Because of resources available and I think without an electric hair clipper or barber shop or hair salloon to go to most people will kind of let there hair just go...

I agree with Ryanx With there not being enough evidence to reach a meaningful conclusion.

I agree it could be a practical reason, but I think you're falling into the whole "dirty savage" meme. As far as I know, traditional societies enjoyed excellent dental hygiene and health (a good diet will help with that), and I'm sure there were plenty of fresh streams for bathing.

During my early child hood, We used to use neem tree sticks from neem tree branches( which are available every where). first we used to grind one end with teeth so that it becomes like regular brush and used to use it as brush. No flouride or sugar additives paste or any thing at that time. Some times, we used to use the some charcoal ( that used as fuel for cooking) and powder it and use it as tooth powder and finger as brush. At that time I never even heard of dental doctor until I moved to city. First time, I visited dentist is after 15 yrs of using tooth paste.

Ask_a_debtor said:
RyanX said:
Shane said:
Gimpy said:

_http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=13044865

article above said:
Several Rastafarians and other inmates have been moved to a high-security prison as officials try to persuade them to cut their hair, which many refuse to do because it goes against their religious beliefs.

Many inmates had spent more than a decade in isolation for refusing to cut their hair and then were all first moved to the same prison in November. Their refusal violates the state's grooming policy for prisoners. Some of those recently moved are still working through a program meant to persuade them to cut their hair. Nine chose to go back into segregation, corrections department spokesman Larry Traylor said Thursday.

See? Some inmates were willing to be moved to a more difficult living situation just because they did not want to cut their hair. I think that constitutes a social trauma associated with the cutting of hair.

Hi Ask_a_debtor,

I think you're getting a little worked up over something that might have little basis in scientific fact. I can see your point, there may be some people who would perceive cutting their hair as traumatic. Okay, but that doesn't prove that there's any link between the perceived trauma itself and the loss of psychic abilities. It could still be some physical and physiological process having to do with the hair itself, osit.

:offtopic:

What about nails? Just like hair, people have to cut nails. Do nails serve a purpose? Why are they always growing outwards(abit like hair) instead of rejuvenating like skin... Maybe this is another interesting place for research.

luke wilson said:

What about nails? Just like hair, people have to cut nails. Do nails serve a purpose? Why are they always growing outwards(abit like hair) instead of rejuvenating like skin... Maybe this is another interesting place for research.

:) I think this point really puts on perspective this whole thread, like I said I think is missleading.

EGVG said:
luke wilson said:

:) I think this point really puts on perspective this whole thread, like I said I think is missleading.

From wikipedia

A healthy (finger)nail has the function of protecting the distal phalanx, the fingertip, and the surrounding soft tissues from injuries. It also serves to enhance precise delicate movements of the distal digits through counter-pressure exerted on the pulp of the finger. [1] The nail then acts as a counterforce when the end of the finger touches an object, thereby enhancing the sensitivity of the fingertip,[11] even though there are no nerve endings in the nail itself. Finally, the nail functions as a tool, enabling for instance a so called "extended precision grip" (e.g. pulling out a splinter in one's finger).

but what about corporal hair? it is a residue from adaptations of our ancestors to low temperatures??

Found some interesting stuff from Ra:

Ra: I am Ra. I greet you in the love and in the light of the One Infinite Creator.

Before we proceed may we make a small request for future workings. At this particular working there is some slight interference with the contact due to the hair of the instrument. We may suggest the combing of this antenna-like material into a more orderly configuration prior to the working.

We communicate now.

--

Questioner: You mentioned in an earlier session that the hair was an antennae. Could you expand on that statement as to how that works?

Ra: I am Ra. It is difficult to so do due to the metaphysical nature of this antennae-effect. Your physics are concerned with measurements in your physical complex of experience. The metaphysical nature of the contact of those in time/space is such that the hair, as it has significant length, becomes as a type of electrical battery which stays charged and tuned and is then able to aid contact even when there are small anomalies in the contact.

--

Questioner: Is there an optimum length of hair for this aid?

Ra: I am Ra. There is no outer limit on length but the, shall we say, inner limit is approximately four to four and one-half inches depending upon the strength of the contact and the nature of the instrument.

I have a question...and again i hate to go off topic but i'm finding it rather hilarious :lol: that every time they ask Ra a question he begins
his response with "I am Ra." Again, really sorry because I know it's ridiculous but wouldn't that drive you insane if someone was actually
communicating with you such a fashion? :huh: What if every time I said something it started with "I am abstract."? The mods would be furious! ;D

Perhaps this could offers some clues to extrasensory abilities of the animals.

abstract said:

I have a question...and again i hate to go off topic but i'm finding it rather hilarious :lol: that every time they ask Ra a question he begins
his response with "I am Ra." Again, really sorry because I know it's ridiculous but wouldn't that drive you insane if someone was actually
communicating with you such a fashion? :huh: What if every time I said something it started with "I am abstract."? The mods would be furious! ;D

Your totally right! :)

Herr Eisenheim said:
Perhaps this could offers some clues to extrasensory abilities of the animals.

Yeah, maybe it's like a 2D thing and the value of the function of it in 3D is less important, maybe that's why humans don't have fur, but I really don't know what I'm talking about, I mean, who knows? maybe we came from the sea! :)

Back
Top Bottom