The Truth About Hair and Why Indians Would Keep Their Hair Long

abstract said:
I have a question...and again i hate to go off topic but i'm finding it rather hilarious :lol: that every time they ask Ra a question he begins
his response with "I am Ra." Again, really sorry because I know it's ridiculous but wouldn't that drive you insane if someone was actually
communicating with you such a fashion?

I have read some of the Ra material, and also thought about this. I think this may be a way of verifying that each message is indeed coming from Ra and not some other entity of "dead dude".

You have surely noticed that almost every Cass transcript starts with Laura asking "who are you?" as a way of verifying the channel. A few times, she just started asking questions and the C's would write, "aren't you going to ask who we are?" So it seems that getting the name of the sender has a purpose.

curious_richard said:
abstract said:
I have a question...and again i hate to go off topic but i'm finding it rather hilarious :lol: that every time they ask Ra a question he begins
his response with "I am Ra." Again, really sorry because I know it's ridiculous but wouldn't that drive you insane if someone was actually
communicating with you such a fashion?

I have read some of the Ra material, and also thought about this. I think this may be a way of verifying that each message is indeed coming from Ra and not some other entity of "dead dude".

Have also wondered, but surely just starting each sentence with "I am Ra" does not guarantee lack of corruption - from dead dudes or others. Perhaps it is more to maintain the focus of the channelers involved in the group? Interesting answers about the topic at hand, nonetheless.

RyanX said:
Ask_a_debtor said:
RyanX said:
Shane said:
Gimpy said:
So, cutting off an Indian man's hair is going to carry all that with it, which to me is more of a wound to the person's psyche even if it's subconscious(but in this case I'm betting not.)

I don't think the subject can be taken out of this bigger context, osit.

I think this makes a lot of sense. The social and individual trauma connected to cutting their hair could very well have a huge effect on their psyche.

I'm not sure if there's such a thing as social or subconscious trauma associated with cutting one's hair. This seems like a bit of a stretch to me.

I don't think that is a stretch at all. Some people have religious beliefs associated with their hair and deeply believe that it is important not to cut it, this occurs in Wahabism and Rastafarianism, and probably others.

_http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=13044865

article above said:
Several Rastafarians and other inmates have been moved to a high-security prison as officials try to persuade them to cut their hair, which many refuse to do because it goes against their religious beliefs.

Many inmates had spent more than a decade in isolation for refusing to cut their hair and then were all first moved to the same prison in November. Their refusal violates the state's grooming policy for prisoners. Some of those recently moved are still working through a program meant to persuade them to cut their hair. Nine chose to go back into segregation, corrections department spokesman Larry Traylor said Thursday.

See? Some inmates were willing to be moved to a more difficult living situation just because they did not want to cut their hair. I think that constitutes a social trauma associated with the cutting of hair.

Hi Ask_a_debtor,

I think you're getting a little worked up over something that might have little basis in scientific fact. I can see your point, there may be some people who would perceive cutting their hair as traumatic. Okay, but that doesn't prove that there's any link between the perceived trauma itself and the loss of psychic abilities. It could still be some physical and physiological process having to do with the hair itself, osit.

Yeah, I guess the point was that the trauma would come from being forced to do something against one's will (which kind of goes without saying). I haven't seen much evidence for hair playing a role in psychic abilities, at least in my experience. Sorry for the noise.

ignis.intimus said:
Aside from toxins that accumulate in hair, I wonder what about residual energies? As your hair is growing, wouldn't your psychic/mental state get imprinted on it? And this could work both ways, with negatively minded people with long hair carrying around a little "extra" negative energy, and positively minded people doing the opposite?

The issue with hair is very interesting and I would be curious to see what the C's have to say. In recent times I have always felt better with my hair as short as possible and have felt similar to the above - that hair was sort of a waste material from the body which may store negative energy/toxins and that blocks energy from being received by the head. I always feel a surge of energy when I get a haircut, but possibly I may be very sensitive and cutting my hair may decrease my stimulation, making me feel better? I have been thinking that some materials from the body feel good to be removed such as possibly hair, fingernails, excrement, and some feel very draining to be removed from the body such as saliva and sexual fluids. At least these have been my observations.

QUESTION MANY TIMES BUT WITH NO ANSWER ...

Adolanaea,

Could you try to not use all caps in your posts? IT MAKES IT LOOK LIKE YOU ARE SHOUTING!

Sorry RyanX; I didn't mean to be disrespecful, it won't happen again.

sorry everybody :-[

Adolanaea said:
QUESTION MANY TIMES BUT WITH NO ANSWER ...

Adolanaea,

Could you try to not use all caps in your posts? IT MAKES IT LOOK LIKE YOU ARE SHOUTING!

Adolanaea, why have you written a post in yellow so no one can read it?

ignis.intimus said:
Aside from toxins that accumulate in hair, I wonder what about residual energies? As your hair is growing, wouldn't your psychic/mental state get imprinted on it? And this could work both ways, with negatively minded people with long hair carrying around a little "extra" negative energy, and positively minded people doing the opposite?

Thinking of this, something more important comes to mind - the dietary changes and renewal of material (fats, etc.) in the body. Getting proper fats and such and replacing those old "plastic fats", and with this and other changes allowing the body to heal and rejuvenate itself, might well - slowly, over a long time - clean out a lot of old garbage.

Herr Eisenheim said:
Perhaps this could offers some clues to extrasensory abilities of the animals.

Yeah, maybe it's like a 2D thing and the value of the function of it in 3D is less important, maybe that's why humans don't have fur, but I really don't know what I'm talking about, I mean, who knows? maybe we came from the sea! :)

Reading this got me thinking, assuming hair does have something to do with a 6th sense, have humans always lacked this body hair? I mean could it be possible that this could be another effect from generations of bad diet and/or 4th density STS sabotage?

Hi pdale,

Welcome to the forum. :) We recommend all new members to post an introduction in the Newbies section telling us a bit about themselves, and how they found their way here. Have a read through that section to get an idea of how others have done it. Thanks.

I was thinking about it this and here is my 2 cents FWIW, these 'extrasensory abilities' could be understood as necessary for survival in 2 and 3D, the man that retained them ( long hair or not) is still an "animal man" - perhaps nothing to do with "extrasensory abilities" important for spiritual growth and soul development

Thanks for the highlighting the article Deedlet! :)

That explain why I'm very reluctant to go to the hairdresser and feel a bit depressed after.

What's the point of having long hair when most people's brains aren't working properly due to chemical imbalances. It would be interesting to see results of that experiment with the white people who have ordinary western lifestyle.

Kniall said:
Adolanaea said:

Adolanaea, why have you written a post in yellow so no one can read it?

I think she was trying to "quote" RyanX's response. Looking at her past posts, she seems to have never done the "quote" thing before.

Adolanaea, there's a "Quote" button on top right of each post that you can "quote" others to which you can respond to. There's no need for coloring those. Yellow color makes it harder for others to read it.

I'll provide some additional food for thought.

I did some field research in Ch'an monasteries in Taiwan where I lived for some time, so I had time to interview monks and nuns and I brought this issue up. Here's the responses I got:

1) Shaving your hair and beard makes you impersonal.
2) Celibacy is made easier because man and woman lose their characteristic "look". As most Asians grow older, there's little that distinguishes man from woman if they keep shaving their hair and dress in the same robes.
3) The idea of Purity is reinforced since you have to keep shaving yourself.
4) Hygiene is more easily maintained. In a monastic setting, fleas could become a problem so shaving counteracts this issue.
5) Getting rid of Vanity. I am critical about this point because they will usually say that you have a strong attachment to your long hair and/or beard so that shaving symbolises an act of detachment. But then I ask: Isn't the act of continuously shaving your head an attachment as well? Reminds me of the issue of ritual versus awareness often mentioned in the C. transcripts.
6) Shaving and dressing in robes makes a clear distinction between laymen and monks. This is obviously a societal issue of differentiation whose cause is the need for support i.e. it makes the alms round easier because laymen revere the "signs of holiness"

This is Mahayana Buddhism. They're on purity trip which means that they're also Vegetarians(bad sign eh?). Curiously Chinese, Taiwanese, Korean and Vietnamese Monks(=Mahayana territory) are the only Buddhists who insist on being Vegetarian.

In India and neighboring countries, the opposite extreme is apparent.
Shaivites(particularly Nagas), in emulation of the traditional depiction of Shiva, wear extremely long jata, which is basically matted hair/dreadlocks. The traditional explanation given is that these extremely long matted hairs are the seat for the Siddhis, meaning supernatural power.
To give you an idea what this looks like, here are some images:
4509486235_f8d1478cac.jpg
LongBeard_SL_13_6_2011.jpg
3410.jpg

On the other side of the spectrum, you have the Jains who follow the custom of kesha lochan during which they pluck out the hair on their scalp and on their face. Ouch :shock:
2882840.jpg

Supposedly, it teaches them to endure pain. Coming from the religion which insists on ahimsa, meaning non-violence. Bit ironic in that it doesn't seem to apply to how human beings treat themselves.

I should mention that there is a particular tradition, the Maha Siddhas of Oddiyana(probably prior to 8th Century CE), who formed much of what makes up Vajrayana Buddhism today. Traditionally, they had the same long hair(which they did not let become Dread locks, however) as the Shaivite Sadhus but they were also meat-eaters. It is likely that they smoked as well. This is an interesting clue.
2_Phadampa_Sangye.JPG
lukhang-siddhas.jpg

So I think what happened is that there were various old traditions that may or may not have had a clue about why long hair may be linked with mind's potential and/or heightened sensory perception. These traditions stem from a time when there were no monasteries or any closed society. The moment monasteries came about, more down-to-earth customs were adopted to make life easier. These traditions may have become more and more dependent on society's welfare at that point and "signs of holiness" were adopted. The matted hair in India seems to be exclusive to specific sects of Sadhus and it causes a love-hate relationship with the village people in that they are scared by the notion that this hairstyle signals someone in possession of supernatural power, who can be a threat and also a source of help at the same time. Maybe it is far-fetched, but it could be a source for the name: Dread locks.

Personally, I sport long hair and a beard, yet I think it is just a matter of personal preference and not necessarily tied to anything. It could well be that those with matted hair happened to practise something which did grant them something extraordinary but later generations mistook the hair itself for the source of such things. Similar to the analogy that a robe does not make someone holy.

Yet there is also the curious notion that most musicians, poets or anyone dealing with "sensitive" matters happens to at least have long hair. I mean I am a musician and most musicians I know are the only ones in western society that I know of that have "that hippy look".

Now for some parallels in Chinese Tradition. Up until the end of the Qin Dynasty, it was customary for most people to not cut any hair that grows on you. But there is no notion of dread locks. The traditional explanation is that you shouldn't waste what has been given to you by your parents.
It's probably one of many strange notions that remain in any ancient culture.
Besides hair, there's also a strange habit amongst earlier Taoist and Confucian scholars: Extremely long fingernails. I don't think they are linked to anything but the notion that this shows that you don't do any physical labor and are therefore of "higher standing" in society.
Nowadays, it is quite rare to see anyone with a beard and long hair in Taiwan or Mainland China. It's pretty much the same as in the West.

All in all, I think whatever true knowledge existed at one point in time was lost very quickly and replaced by cultural memory, directly leading to what we here would probably call "sacred cows".

The wikipedia entry on dreadlocks ( link ) is interesting. In Rg Veda, there is a hymn dedicated to the "long-haired ones" called the "keshin" hymn (kesha in Sanskrit means hair). Here is an english translation of the hymn from _http://www.aarweb.org/syllabus/syllabi/g/gier/306/yogapp.htm

The long-haired one endures fire, the long-haired one endures poison, the long-haired one endures both worlds.

The long-haired one is said to gaze full on heaven, the long-haired one is said to be that light.

The wind-girt sages have donned the yellow robe of dust: along the wind’s course they glide when the gods have penetrated them.

Exulting in our seerhood, upon the winds we have ascended. Of us, you mortals, only our bodies do you behold.

Through the middle region flies the sage shinning down upon all forms; for his piety is he deemed the friend of every god.

The wind’s steed, the Lord of life’s friend, is the god-intoxicated sage: without both oceans he dwells, the upper and the lower. . . .

For him has the Lord of life churned and pounded the unbendable, when the long-haired one, in Rudra’s company, drank from the poison cup.

The reference to "enduring both worlds" has strong association to shamanism.

The C's have referred to hair being a sign of virility. Interestingly, the Sanskrit word "vira" is used to indicate an ascetic and warrior. A "vira" is an embodiment of virility - the asceticism (renouncing worldly pleasures) generates power - a parallel may be found in "conscious suffering" perhaps? In the Indian context, the "viras" are associated with following Shiva (or Rudra) and Shakti (primordial feminine one of whose forms is mother nature). Followers of this path often eat meat and indulge in activities which are considered improper according to the established religious norms.

Buddhists seem to have this tradition of shaving heads - yet the founder, Siddharta or Gautama Buddha is mostly depicted in pictures as having hair which is tied in a big top knot (need long hair to do that). The founder of the Jain religion is "Mahavira" - or the great "vira" who is also similarly depicted with hair. Yet the followers Jainism also tend to shave their heads as a symbol of renunciation.

Back
Top Bottom