The Universe: Nemesis, the suns evil twin.

I'm not exactly sure, though I haven't seen too much mention of a twin sun system in the mainstream.

Franco said:
I'm not exactly sure, though I haven't seen too much mention of a twin sun system in the mainstream.

Neither did I.
Documentary itself is quite interesting despite dramatic tone and calling names - poor little red dwarf ;)
I've read b4 about Sedna and it is fascinating discovery! Orbit of this "trans-Neptunian object" reminds us how less we really know about Gravity. If we could understand it's nature, I think we could understand the Universe. As I understand it, gravity transcendence's all densities and its effect on Beings depends of what they are made of. Even Beings made of Light are limited by gravity. I'm convinced this is essential knowledge.

I just came across this documentary on youtube. I was quite surprised seeing a detailed treatment of the topic on mainstream media:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW8qfb_Zo5I

I'm not even done watching the whole thing yet, but I couldn't resist mentioning that according to the video the infrared telescope doing a survey in search for Nemesis has determined that 'a large object' is disturbing the Oort cloud right now! (I didn't know that.) It doesn't look like they seriously think it's Nemesis because they think its orbit is 26 million years - I suspect they may have that part of the story wrong.

In any case, if 'something' is disturbing the comets, no matter what that is, the end result is the same. :shock:

Ok, so I finished watching now. They suggest that the source of the disturbance in the Oort cloud is Tyche, the hypothesized giant planet, and then they reassure us that Tyche is not large enough to send a rain of comets our way. We'll see.

Now I have a question for any astronomers or physicists out there. According to the theory, the orbit of Nemesis is 26 million years and we still got some 10 million years before it returns. It is estimated to be 1/10th of the size of the sun. The Cs said that Nemesis was 56 percent the mass of the sun. So how would the orbit change if it is indeed around half the sun? Is it possible to rationally speculate on this point?

Check out this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgdNH68RZ98&feature=relmfu

It all begins to look like a concerted disinfo program.

Franco said:
Any body seen this yet?

http://www.tv.com/shows/the-universe/nemesis-the-suns-evil-twin-1558121/

Here's a YT link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW8qfb_Zo5I

The guy says it at the end, minute 41.38.

"And so there'd start to be a few more comets than usual, and then suddenly there are just comets, comets coming all the time"

We're already in the "few more comets than usual" period.

Laura said:
Check out this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgdNH68RZ98&feature=relmfu

It all begins to look like a concerted disinfo program.

Richard Muller's presence there definitely sets red flags to me. Check out his website, he has a lot to say on any topic possible, from 9/11 to global warming to Nemesis, and a lot more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_A._Muller
_http://muller.lbl.gov/

One conclusion of the video is: that's right, it's already happening in the Oort Cloud, but that's a light year away so we have enough time to figure out how to prevent the multiple cometary impacts. Yeah, right... :shock:

Possibility of Being said:
One conclusion of the video is: that's right, it's already happening in the Oort Cloud, but that's a light year away so we have enough time to figure out how to prevent the multiple cometary impacts. Yeah, right... :shock:

That's something that occurred to me - they probably only need to buy themselves a year or two tops so they just put it a few light years away...

Don Genaro said:
That's something that occurred to me - they probably only need to buy themselves a year or two tops so they just put it a few light years away...

That's the Oort Cloud that is around one light year away from us. What they don't mention in the video though is that if they noticed some traffic jams over there only recently, that means - assuming the Nemesis hypothesis is correct - Nemesis entered the Oort cloud at least a year ago and the comets are already on the way for at least one year!

Anyone knows what approx. speed they travel with throughout the space when they get kicked out? I know it depends on a few factors, like their masses, the dwarf's speed, an angle between those bodies and so on, but is there a range that can be assessed roughly?

The Ort Cloud is 1 light year from from earth. Light travels 186,000 miles per second.

Comets travel about 20 miles per second.

It could be a while.

Possibility of Being said:
Don Genaro said:

Anyone knows what approx. speed they travel with throughout the space when they get kicked out? I know it depends on a few factors, like their masses, the dwarf's speed, an angle between those bodies and so on, but is there a range that can be assessed roughly?

good question. also I'm wondering if it is possible in such an event that the smallest comet particles arrive first and then it get's bigger and bigger over a time?

normaly you would think it is the other way arround I guess? But what we see suggest that small particles aka dust comes first and then the bigger ones?

or do they arrive at approx. the same time? also I think, one must take into consideration that some of them might collide with eachother on the way into the inner solar circle and thus causing further dust or "delays" in arriving?

I'm obviously not an expert on physics but if space is a vacuum doesn't it take approximately the same time for a dust particle, or a big comet, to cover a specific distance when propelled by the same speed? but there is also mass and a comet has more mass then dust so the dust might be attracted by the comets arround it and thus travel with them?

Charlie Prime said:
The Ort Cloud is 1 light year from from earth. Light travels 186,000 miles per second.

It could be a while.

assuming this data as pointer (if correct?) this would mean the following:

1 lightyear is the approx dictance of about 9.500.000.000.000 kilometers.

if a comet travels at 20 milles an hour (46.67 km/sec) this would mean the comet travels 168012 km in one hour.

now when you divide 9.500.000.000.000 kilometers with 168012 you get = 56543580,22046044 hours (2355982,509185852 days/6454,74 years).

so it would take about 6450 years for a comet from the ourt cloud to reach earth?

Charlie Prime said:

It could be a while.

Hello Charlie Prime. Welcome to the forum! :)

I don't think that the distance of 1 light year makes any difference, because we don't know for how long the Oort cloud has been disturbed. It's just that they noticed the disturbance when making the infrared survey last year, but that could have been happening for centuries already. Also, what they are saying to calm the audience is that the disturbance is caused by Tyche, the hypothetized giant planet, and they say it's not big enough to launch comets at us. It's much speculation on their part with a good dose of wishful thinking - or intended disinformation.

Still, I think it's quite interesting that the topic made it to the History Channel, which is as mainstream as it gets. It means that, if it's damage control, they think it is necessary to take the official position to the mainstream already. Or perhaps the intention is to get the meme out there in preparation for the time when bad news need to be dropped on us, I don't know.

Charlie Prime said:

It could be a while.

Hi Charlie Prime,
Thanks. It would make a few thousand years, quite a while. So, that's another thing that doesn't make much sense in the whole context.

By the way, welcome to the forum CP! If you are going to stay around, it is customary for new members to post an introduction in the Newbie's Board. No personal information is required, just a few lines about yourself in general and how you came to find the forum. Feel free to look at how others have done it.

Enjoy your time here, and I look forward to your participation. :)

Windmill knight said:
I don't think that the distance of 1 light year makes any difference, because we don't know for how long the Oort cloud has been disturbed. It's just that they noticed the disturbance when making the infrared survey last year, but that could have been happening for centuries already. Also, what they are saying to calm the audience is that the disturbance is caused by Tyche, the hypothetized giant planet, and they say it's not big enough to launch comets at us. It's much speculation on their part with a good dose of wishful thinking - or intended disinformation.

Yup. It also seems a bit weird to me that they claim they noticed the disturbance in the Oort Cloud, while the Oort Cloud itself is still a hypothetized object?

Still, I think it's quite interesting that the topic made it to the History Channel, which is as mainstream as it gets. It means that, if it's damage control, they think it is necessary to take the official position to the mainstream already. Or perhaps the intention is to get the meme out there in preparation for the time when bad news need to be dropped on us, I don't know.

Or both.

PoB said:
Yup. It also seems a bit weird to me that they claim they noticed the disturbance in the Oort Cloud, while the Oort Cloud itself is still a hypothetized object?

I think what was noticed was that many comets seem to come from one particular region of the solar system, suggesting that the Oort Cloud, assuming it's the real deal, was disturbed in the general vicinity of this particular region.

They explain it here at 27 mins: http://www.sott.net/article/254162-Nemesis-The-Suns-Evil-Twin-Brother

"When we look out into the sky and look at where the comets are coming from, their directions tend to concentrate in certain regions of the sky. One possible explanation for that is that that skew is being directed by a gravitational perturbation from an unseen object that is out there."

Back
Top Bottom