The Usefulness of the Negative Half of the Emotional Center

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
A couple of posts have prompted me to share this exchange from QFS today.

In this thread: http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=7180.msg50810#msg50810

Regulattor said:
Well it's not Peru, but I think it is definitively related. Though I'm not so thrilled like guys in studio! I've even got this knot in my stomach feeling, while watching those clips. God, how am I worried!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7CfxeSUaeI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSCTxEBwauo
And then, in this thread:
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=7085.msg50809#msg50809

Shane said:
Neil brought up ignorance, and I think it has a lot to do with what we're talking about. Ignorance has as much to to with intellectual capacity as it does with our emotional capacity. In this way, a Nobel prize winner can be more ignorant than those who have had to raise themselves on the streets (which reminds me how so called 'intellectuals' often have a great lack of common sense, also called street smarts). Often enough our emotional sleep keep us from developing real intellectual ability. Our emotional center needs to be awakened so we can read and interact with our environment effectively, and really a lot of the meaning we can get from life seems to be in how we interact with one another. When an emotional center is asleep, it seems any knowledge gained is just used for pointless interaction with our self (or selves). When knowledge is confined like this it would seem it's non-use inhibits the development our true self as well. We don't gain any understanding of meaning through these limited means.
The subject of the QFS discussion that relates to both of the above issues was the movie "White Light/Black Rain, The Destruction of Hiroshima and Nagasaki":

anart said:
I just wanted to take a second to highly recommend this movie as a
major wake up call - especially considering what the U.S. and Israel
are pushing so hard for in Iran.

If you make it through this film without crying then I cannot imagine how.

It is a film by Steven Okazaki made 60 years after the Hiroshima and
Nagasaki a-bombs (2005 - though it seems it was released on dvd in
2007). It shows footage from the aftermath and interviews from both
sides of the bomb.

I've read quite a lot of material documenting the aftermath, with
still photographs, but I cannot find the words to express how powerful
this film is - and for me to not be able to find words says something
in itself.

It was produced by HBO as an HBO documentary -
http://www.hbo.com/docs/programs/whitelightblackrain/ - and is
available as a movie rental.

Considering what we are all likely facing in the months to come from
the warmongers, this film is very, very important - osit - aside from
the affects of the bomb, there are so many psychological and
sociological sub-currents that it really is quite stunning.

There are examples of people of conscience, automatons, psychopaths,
obscene American mind manipulation before and after, and the sleeping
masses - all set on a backdrop of extreme human suffering.

A few years after the bombs dropped, the American tv show "This is
your life" did an episode with a Japanese man who ran a charity for
victims - watching that - the horrid, plastic interpretation - they
had one of the men flying the 'Enola Gay' (the plane that dropped the
bombs - and I thought 'alone' - 'enola' - what's up with that?)
anyway, one of the pilots came on and he offered a 'contribution' - it
was so obscene - so sickening that I had to stop watching for a few
minutes - and this after being able to watch images of charred bodies
and mutilated children.

Seems I was more capable of watching the truth of the matter, no
matter how jarring and horrid, then I was watching the lies trying to
'spin' the event.
Another QFS member responded:

Vinny said:
...for what it's worth, I get a similar reaction. I have recently
read the graphic novel 'Palestine' by Joe Sacco (recommended!), and it
was horrible and disturbing in a kind of deeply personal way, but I
could still 'watch the truth of the matter' - it had quite an effect
on me, but I didn't want to turn away from it. Somehow it packed far
more punch than the often more graphic, but far less personal (and
less accurate!) news reports.

Yet if I ever switch on the TV and the Israel/Palestine thing comes up
on the news, then I find it extremely difficult to watch, I get quite
angry, almost end up foaming at the mouth at the complete set of LIES
that are being spouted, and the SPIN that is being applied to further
the psychopathic agenda, where REAL peoples' lives are at stake and it
is NOT being portrayed. And the overwhelming urge is to switch it off
because it just stinks.
I then responded to both of them as follows:

This is an interesting thing that the two of you have articulated. I think
that most of us have experienced this feeling of almost rage when lies are
being told while, at the same time, when we face the truth about things,
even if it is often overwhelmingly sad, that sadness is preferable to the
anger that lies evoke.

It reminds me of that creepy exorcism I did which I talked about on a
podcast. The thing that sent the critter(s) packing was when I got angry.
I often describe it as feeling a shaft of light shooting down into my body
through the crown of my head, and the emotion accompanying that light was
what I can only call "righteous anger." I got REALLY mad and this anger
gave me the determination to succeed. It also eradicated all fear that I
had been feeling up to that point.

In "Deep Therapy..." , Reston talks about how anger came in and gave her the
wherewithal to deal with the fear.

I'm not sure what it all means, but it is a very interesting phenomenon.

We are supposed to be fully aware of the "Terror of the Situation," and I
guess when we are (or so it is for me), when we see the hopelessness of
things, either we fold up and become nothing, let the terror eat us alive,
or we get angry and use that anger to fuel DOing. One wonders if anger is
the natural response of the negative half of the emotional center that is
supposed to signal danger?

Just a few thoughts to ponder.
As Black Elk was quoted saying: "Today is a good day to die."

The Usefulness of the Negative Emotional Center

I think the usefulness of anger is important for us to be 'awake' and gives us the energy to DO. Like an instant fear to sent us a warning when encountering a possible enemy, anger would be a similar aspect of our negative emotional center and we would use it to become determined and be 'awake,' so to speak.

I tried to keep reading Gurdjieff's "Last Hour" as often as I could whereas I would forced myself to believe that if I were to die in the next hour, should I wait around to die (sleep) or should I do something (awake)? It usually gives me a little bit of energy to do something.

Some time ago, I watched the play, Hamlet, which, after it was over, I was furious as hell. Not mainly about the theme of revenge, but about the madness of it all. Everyone died in the end, and I was mad. Somehow it gave me a certain understanding about this anger. That I was thinking so much about our world and the state it is currently in. It is madness. I am uncertain if I was seeing a "Terrior of the Situation" or not. But, recently, seeing all of the news on SOTT site and noticing the lies, this certain anger came back. And, once I realized the rising anger, I may be able to channel it to DO something instead of giving in to it and attack someone or going back to sleep.

I may be wrong, but I hope to some extent that I would understand little bit about the usefulness of negative emotions, such as anger.

fwiw.

Laura said:
It's anger, a very big anger which allowed me to put an end to the "relation" with a psychopath and then to re-build and go on my life.
It's strange but it seems today that nothing else could defend me better than this anger, in this situation. If I 'd had a weapon, but had been afraid, I'm quite sure I would not been here today...
It was like a buckler that nothing could pierce, like if all my energies were united to fight the thing who threated me.
Like if all my being said NO! You haven't the right to lead my life. You have no right on my life.
In fact, I believe that it was the first time where I was wholly agreed with myself. No more fear, no more doubt.

Zadius Sky said:
I think the usefulness of anger is important for us to be 'awake' and gives us the energy to DO. Like an instant fear to sent us a warning when encountering a possible enemy, anger would be a similar aspect of our negative emotional center and we would use it to become determined and be 'awake,' so to speak.

I tried to keep reading Gurdjieff's "Last Hour" as often as I could whereas I would forced myself to believe that if I were to die in the next hour, should I wait around to die (sleep) or should I do something (awake)? It usually gives me a little bit of energy to do something.

Some time ago, I watched the play, Hamlet, which, after it was over, I was furious as hell. Not mainly about the theme of revenge, but about the madness of it all. Everyone died in the end, and I was mad. Somehow it gave me a certain understanding about this anger. That I was thinking so much about our world and the state it is currently in. It is madness. I am uncertain if I was seeing a "Terrior of the Situation" or not. But, recently, seeing all of the news on SOTT site and noticing the lies, this certain anger came back. And, once I realized the rising anger, I may be able to channel it to DO something instead of giving in to it and attack someone or going back to sleep.

I may be wrong, but I hope to some extent that I would understand little bit about the usefulness of negative emotions, such as anger.

fwiw.
Reminds of Zack De La Rocha from Rage Against The Machine, who is actuallya great example of channeling anger into a constructive/creative way to evoke change/awareness. In this case through music and lyrics.

"Anger is a gift - When ignorance reigns, life is lost" -Zack de la Rocha

It sure seems that anger is a natural response, as Laura wondered. It also seems in these times we're terribly ignorant about how to manage, deal with, and channel this natural human emotion. Anger (Sanskrit: Raudra) is one of the Nine Rasas (classical emotional categories) in Indian culture, where it is accepted as equal and as important as all the other emotions to express for healthy human wholeness. Disgust (Sanskrit: Vibhatsya) is another one. ALL the Nine Rasas are frequently displayed in various art forms including theatre, dance, music, painting, sculpture, poetry, etc to give personal and collective release to each. [Creates a more 'playful' society, too.]
I had a difficult time for decades getting a handle on my own anger - mostly turned against self, never resulting in violence to another however. [Uranus conj. N.Node squared Mars] At a certain point in the awakening process I realized that my anger had so much power over my discriminating consciousness that my anger was continually being directed toward all the SMALL STUFF, and it was like an addiction, or having a life of its own.
I stopped worrying about doing a lot of stuff that the system expects one to do, and started DOing, with a vengeance, what was right for me and what makes a difference in the world - in my case, music and journaling and promoting cultural events and networking. I refused to let anger take a hold for any length of time over any of the many small (but not insignificant) insanities we're daily subjected to. I determined to keep reminding myself of the importance of maximizing creative time in this life, and not let wasted angry energy drain/distract from the creative work. Started also getting more creative about my responses, like using more sarcastic humor. But my ultimate point is that for last 10 years whenever a genuine righteous anger arises, it's immediate, focussed, fearless, articulate, and empowered. It doesn't feel like its draining or depleting to the nervous system, rather more energizing and freeing from psychic constriction.
Makes me wonder what would've happened at the latest tasering episode if a lot of people suddenly had their righteous anger aroused.
[Heck, even those buffaloes in the amazing YouTube video got pissed enough to attack a group of lions....]

Laura said:
I think
that most of us have experienced this feeling of almost rage when lies are
being told while, at the same time, when we face the truth about things,
even if it is often overwhelmingly sad, that sadness is preferable to the
anger that lies evoke.
I agree wholeheartedly, anger will eat you up and that’s what PTB central would prefer, osit. As long as everyone is afraid to cry, yes it is true; the energy is seemingly reflected off the beast?, as perceived anger, at least I feel this may be true to some extent. Becoming sad, and realizing shame, as they seem to be related, has helped me tremendously. The anger is there everyday though in some way, then we should refer to it as a knowledge feed knob that gets turned up sometime? I think it may have more to do with awareness.

Stardust said:
It's anger, a very big anger which allowed me to put an end to the "relation" with a psychopath and then to re-build and go on my life.
It's strange but it seems today that nothing else could defend me better than this anger, in this situation. If I 'd had a weapon, but had been afraid, I'm quite sure I would not been here today...
It was like a buckler that nothing could pierce […]
Stardust, Actually, that might not have been fully anger you were using as I seem to be having a revelation in my mind about what you are saying. Couldn’t you also say that the knowledge you obtained from this experience allowed you to become [shockingly aware] and this is what the buckle meant? In other words, this perceived anger was actually something about your psyche that was spiritually holding you in place, a sort of protective mode?

Anyway, to elaborate, you were waking up to this new knowledge, the energy you felt was perceived as anger when it was actually awareness building up energy. That awareness was of the knowledge you now learned that was rather unbelievable and you may have felt anxiety even. What is your take?

It makes more sense that negative emotions are just energy we haven’t learned to understand. This energy is pumped through our blood, so the heart is very involved. Some would argue that the heart itself has nothing to do with love, but this can’t be. All human start with little bitty beaters, erratic at first, but shortly after life begins with a rhythmic beat. So we start as a drum beat.

There has been much discussion about the sex center and how powerful it is. But just how all this energy is whirling around in our heads is part of the work.

Concerning the drum beat, it is quite odd if you look at the local town or city you live in, and take for example, the meetup deals, and you will immediately see a whole bunch of people doing the law of attraction and Christian awakening stuff on one side of the fence, and on the other, you will see the drum beaters, paranormal-ghost influenced, and the dark psyches, and UFO’ers. Think about it.

Bholanath said:
Anger (Sanskrit: Raudra) is one of the Nine Rasas (classical emotional categories) in Indian culture, where it is accepted as equal and as important as all the other emotions to express for healthy human wholeness.
Have you seen that movie made by Sean Penn starring Jack Nicholson where he is sitting on the bench in front of the old store he bought and he shakes his fist up and down, up and down? He refuse to let go, and this may have been the only way he could deal with the knowledge he knew which was to shake it out. I don’t remember if he cried in the movie, I don’t think he did. I can’t remember the name of it right off hand, but I am sure someone will.

Bholanath said:
Disgust (Sanskrit: Vibhatsya) is another one.
Just picked up a book called “Disgust - Theory and History of a Strong Sensation” by Winnfried Menninghaus, has anyone read both these already? I have not read it yet, working on others, but it looks decent, bibliography is a mile long.

Laura said:
One wonders if anger is
This seems to make sense. Danger would be related to a physical reaction where the individual would seem to go into a protection mode of sorts, similar to maybe what Stardust experienced?

But what about firewalkers? That reminds me, there was one of those in the meetup list but I think it was more related to motivation and the Secret stuff way of thinking. So a firewalker would know the danger, but would concentrate the emotional perceived angry energy to the feet? Or is a firewalker using energy from other emotions?

I searched firewalkers in the forum and found zilch. :)

this remainds me of some thing I read in bringers of the dawn ( http://www.cosmic-people.com/english/default.htm). May be just a repetition, some times reading the same from different source triggers some thing missed previously.

Much of the political maneuvering going on, particularly in the United States, is purposely designed to separate you. Look at the New Age. Do you see how the New Age is separated? All kinds of things are said to keep you from discovering what you have in common. When people discover this, they will begin to get angry. As more and more of the methods of control and separation are revealed to you, the anger will build in the United States. Events will occur that may look as if the country is falling apart, yet they will serve the purpose of bringing people together. A new pride and a new sense of integrity will come about, because this is what is designed for the times.
In a clever move, the Middle East crisis allowed the government to have what it wanted without going through the problem of asking your permission for a tax raise on gasoline. You see how clever these things are? With a few more taxes piled on top of one another, people will begin to examine the quality of their lives. You will see a lot of anger in this country, because many people will feel powerless. Anger is one of the first emotions that will occur when people finally understand the manipulation that has been going on and begin to get in touch with their feelings.

Most human beings are afraid of their emotional or feeling center; they are afraid to feel. Trust your feelings no matter what they are. Trust that they lead you to something and that the way you feel can bring you a realization. You all want to be in life and be removed from it at the same time. You say, "Let me just be here and be a powerful person, but I don't want to feel or participate too much because it hurts too much and then I will get sucked down. I don't trust life."

When you are not afraid of feeling, and you move past judgment and allow yourself to feel all the ways you feel, you will have a tremendous breakthrough because you will be able to ride feeling into other realities. Some of you are afraid to feel and participate in this reality; let alone ride into other realities, because you do not trust your feelings. If you wish to have an acceleration, dive into something that brings up feeling. Stop skirting the issue so that you can think you are in control. Dive in the middle of it and then see if you are in control.

It's not that you don't know how to feel, it's that you are afraid of your feelings. You don't know what to do with them when you have them. They bring up a sense of powerlessness within you, so you associate feeling with a sense of, "Oh, no, I blew it." You have a boundary in your belief system that states that when something comes up that is emotional and brings pain or anger, then it is not good. It is time to stop tiptoeing around things and avoiding your emotions.

Anger serves a purpose. All of you want to get finished with it: you want to sweep it under the rug and act as if it is no good. You act like it is rotten vegetables, throw it out, and bury it in the back garden as if there is no purpose to it. We are emphasizing that there is a purpose to fear and a purpose to anger. If you would allow yourselves to express and experience your fears, which might lead to the expression of your anger, you would learn something. Those of you who want desperately to avoid fear and anger, and who are really afraid of these feelings, have something great to learn through these emotions. They are techniques that move you beyond your personal boundaries of identity and behavior, and you are simply afraid to experience this.

Most of the time, all you want is to be accepted. You feel that no one will like you if you do certain things or feel certain ways, so you don't give yourself permission to have those certain feelings. That is where the anger comes from. You have anger because you make judgments about what you can and cannot do. If you do not give yourself permission to feel, you cannot learn. Feeling connects you with life.

Anger has its purpose. Anger is not purposeless and pain is not purposeless. They all lead you to something. You can make an intention to go into your feeling center and learn how to be centered there while you explore the opportunities. If you say, "I am going to be centered there," it sounds as if you won't allow yourself any movement within it. Instead, just intend to have a centeredness. A centeredness does not mean that things don't fluctuate; it means that you allow things to fluctuate. Whether a boat is ready to tip over or is in calm water, you allow it. You ride it, then you get out of the event either a calm ride or a rough ride. Your emotions are not just food for others, they are food for the self. This is how you nourish yourself and create your identity. This is your identity as frequency through your emotions. Emotions feed you and feed your call letters into existence.
It is always upsetting to look at the different forms of frequency control and to see how powerful allies such as sound are used to control you. It creates a great deal of anger, unrest, havoc, and excitement in many human beings when they hear about the undercover devices used to manipulate consciousness. We share these things with you for many reasons. The ultimate purpose is to bring you to greater self-empowerment. You must realize that you are not powerless in any situation and that your mind is the ultimate of your creativity. Your mind and your thoughts design your experience no matter what method of technology is being used.

OCKHAM said:
Stardust, Actually, that might not have been fully anger you were using as I seem to be having a revelation in my mind about what you are saying. Couldn’t you also say that the knowledge you obtained from this experience allowed you to become [shockingly aware] and this is what the buckle meant? In other words, this perceived anger was actually something about your psyche that was spiritually holding you in place, a sort of protective mode?
Well, I 'm not sure the knowledge was implicated in this event. At the time, I didn't know anything about the psychos. All what I knew, it's that I was with a man who wanted to destroy me, seemed to be mad and was talking about "suicide together"... But I was not candidate for suicide. My anger was the reply to all what he made to me during several years.

Laura said:
In "Deep Therapy..." , Reston talks about how anger came in and gave her the
wherewithal to deal with the fear.

I'm not sure what it all means, but it is a very interesting phenomenon.
Remember that also the woman, Barbara, in Operators and Things, was able to overcome her condition when she felt anger.

Laura said:
Well, the PTB are using terror as a weapon to keep us all under control. Some of us learned to become "nothing" and curl up infront of terror in our childhoods. We are programmed to respond to terror with the "flight" response. For a child this flight means dissociation into a world of fantasy. Anger was not allowed, it would have enhanced the tactics of parents/terrorists. But there are people who could only get as much, and would retaliate by fighting back, fight back to preserve a part of themselves, of who they are. That fight back, is fueled by anger it seems. And the antidote to terror seems so far to be anger.

In greek language, the word for anger is Thymos, which in ancient greek was the word for spirit, soul, life. I found this interesting piece in a search:

Thymos, one element of Plato's tripartite division of the soul — the other two being reason and desire — can be translated as spiritedness. It is the location of such feelings as pride, shame, indignation, and the need for recognition for oneself and for others.
From the same page:

Francis Fukuyama, the author of The End of History and the Last Man[url], puts it thus: "Thymos is something like an innate human sense of justice."
He elaborates in two distinct directions:
1. "...people believe that they have a certain worth, and when other people act as though they are worth less — when they do not recognize their worth at its correct value — they become angry..."
2. "Thymos... as such is the psychological seat of all the noble virtues like selflessness, idealism, morality, self-sacrifice, courage, and honorability."
in greek there's no other word to mean anger, and anger in english of what i know is the only word to mean that (correct me if wrong). But i think that there should have been two words, because there are two different states that we call anger, and i am not sure how else to describe them other than how they feel in myself:
there's an anger state which is felt in the head, i think there is a phrase that goes like "i am seeing red!" That's from the ego taking offense, and it feels as if the face is getting hot.
the other one is that anger state that it's as if it is a living breath inside one's body and animates it, it's mostly felt as heat in the torso area (perhaps emotional center?) and it comes from the "i won't take anymore of this!" state of mind. I think that's the one that thymos describes, that Plato and Fukuyama talk about, even Restin and Barbara talk about. This feeling of anger is the one that respects the self and won't allow it to be lied to, manipulated, abused. It is also the one that gives courage to people to do impossible things in extremely difficult situations, for real love of oneself and for others in the macrocosm, and would burn off the voice of internal introjects and the petrifying fears in the individual microcosm.
It seems that we will have to learn to be angry in the thymos way, something that nothing in our society ever teaches us to do.
Some thoughts - fwiw.

Last edited:

Irini said:
the other one is that anger state that it's as if it is a living breath inside one's body and animates it, it's mostly felt as heat in the torso area (perhaps emotional center?) and it comes from the "i won't take anymore of this!" state of mind. I think that's the one that thymos describes, that Plato and Fukuyama talk about, even Restin and Barbara talk about. This feeling of anger is the one that respects the self and won't allow it to be lied to, manipulated, abused.
Yes, you're right in making those two distinctions. The ego-anger I rarely feel, but this purifying, transformative anger has got me out of many a depression. When I stop feeling hurt and start feeling outraged ("how DARE you treat me like that!") - that's when I know I'm going to be okay. Rage helps the broken live on.

I think it could be a good defence against the Lizzies, though I'm not sure if this 'righteous rage' feeds them too. I felt a very strong presence in my room a few nights ago, and I felt something moving on top of me, a depression on the bedcover moving up towards my head. At first I was terrified, fear in the pit of my belly, but I brought it up and turned it into anger (I actually ended up yelling at them in my head, lol), released it, and it turned to watchful indifference. Certainly made me feel better anyway!

It does seem that hot-headed, ego-driven anger has become accepted and common-place, even encouraged to some extent - road rage, football, the Jerry Sringer show - But when we are harmed and violated, we are taught to "forgive", to "turn the other cheek", to go to a support group where we can all meet to lick each others wounds and ever revel in our victim-hood. I'm sure there are great support groups out there, but a few people I have met seemed more content to wear their victim-hood as a badge than to actually heal and get on with life. Rage is key; when you can feel angry about harm that was done to you that's when you claim back your rights, your self-worth, and your personal power and responsibility.

Thanks for this interesting thread.

When I look around me I have the impression that people are not angry for the right reasons, that they'd rather be angry at something acceptable in their mind (who did not feel anger at something which wasn't the real reason of this anger in the first place) or what the PTB tell them to be angry at.

So I think that if there is a shift in your perception and understanding of yourself there will also be a shift in your anger and how you feel and express it.

I remember that my anger at everything and everyone used to hide a lot of sadness and by allowing this sadness to express itself a lot of anger wasn't fuelled anymore by repressed feelings.
No wonder the PTB wants us to be psychopathic as those repressed emotions can be diverted into anger for whatever purpose needed. Inward or outward anger will serve nothing if not for the purpose of awakening your emotional center (is that correctly expressed ?).

"Righteous anger" feels indeed very different. On the rare and brief occasions I felt it it was energizing instead of depleting like said before.

Tigersoap said:
No wonder the PTB wants us to be psychopathic as those repressed emotions can be diverted into anger for whatever purpose needed. Inward or outward anger will serve nothing if not for the purpose of awakening your emotional center (is that correctly expressed ?)
Yes to this thread. I certainly deal with lots of anger observing this locked down, dumbed down, continuously lied to, imprisoned planet. I'm trying to learn how to feel and use this anger constructively.

I think that the ancient art of scapegoating is one of the more powerful tools of the PTB Scapegoating is used against the masses, to divert their anger, anger caused by situations deliberately created by the PTB, and used by the PTB to divert the masses into directions helpful to further social control by the PTB. Scapegoating seems to be a handy tool in the general tool box labeled "Divide and Conquer" in all its many forms. It's a mass psychology tool that we need to understand better, I think.

On the other hand, anger can be fuel to cause one to wake up and to energize one's self into action. I'm working on how to do that more effectively. I'm finding good results reading Eckhart Tolle's books The Power of Now and The New Earth.

Hello, I am glad to have found this topic as it relates to a current struggle, and i have found some comfort reading this thread. I am struggling to not let my anger/negative emotions towards someone control me. I attend a martial arts class and one of the female employess has spread viscious gossip about me and one of her friends (a female student) will not not speak to me. . The employee made an effort to be kind to me when we came back to class(after being out for several weeks) however at the time, i just felt angry....i was cordial but made it clear that i did not want to "chat' with her. I guess i just felt that type of person is an energy stealer.,Her reaction to that was to get angry and ignore me.... I guess i just want to be able to "be" and not let my emotional center take over...i am just not sure how to do that since the anger was so overwhelming and the lady who ignores me is a constant reminder. (I hope this is the right place for this topic) I have been reading Eckhart Tolle in hopes of finding a way to "be" and let me anger be constructive instead of negative.

Re: The Usefulness of the Negative Emotional Center

Reminded me of how 'Frank' used anger to ward off his attackers(or other part of self?) in the early sessions...
Also, wouldn't anger come into play in the usual way of waking up? Those psychological levels from basic survival to desire and onwards? We can get stuck at any level and need a catalytic kick in the pants to move on. Our intent regarding how we use our anger would seem to define our level/sticking point and what step is taken next, as it tunes our understanding of the situation either positively or negatively, per choice. Learning to let go as we get tired/sick of the same emotion over and over everyday or so it seems... Another way to wake us up as we learn discipline by necessity, as the emotion otherwise starts to swallow us up. I remember personally getting to the point of feeding on it myself... recognizing the 'power' of that emotion.. and then later the realization of how pointless it was getting.. the same #### everytime... got really old and boring after awhile. This reminds me of how on another thread is mentioned the STS limitations regarding the Ark or whatever and how they can't access these other frequencies due to their very narrow range of frequency... a range they limit themselves to... and a pattern we follow until learning otherwise... due to bias learned the hard way usually. Either we love the saturation of singularity or we do not... as that Marciniak book refers to the frequency control on the planet... same ole frequency seemingly forever... can be any negative emotion... as we don't usually complain about being happy all the time. ;)

Re: The Usefulness of the Negative Emotional Center

I think one of the important things to remember is that the cause of our negativity (emotionally driven thinking) is inside us somewhere, it originates inside our ‘centers’ and its important to recognize where its coming from inside us and to recognize the emotion and see and feel how it effects us. For example, if someone cuts me off in traffic and I’m feeling tired my first immediate reaction may be anger. An image of myself, my self importance has been insulted and now I lose myself, I lose my mind in the anger and totally identify with my feelings and sensations.

Rather then simply do what is necessary to safely get out of the situation via ‘right action’ I might inwardly cuss the guy out, or worse still, outwardly give in to temptation and yell at him. But If I’m sufficiently aware at that moment and ‘catch’ the anger as I experience it then I don’t get consumed by it. I now recognize it’s there and I can at least separate my mind from it. Now I can see my anger better since my mind has not given into it.

I begin to see better it’s subjective manifestations, which can be very subtle (body language, tone of voice, breathing, physical sensations, etc). Although I still feel it, my mind at least knows that I’m feeling it and, at least, my mind is separate from it. That’s a start. Now I’m starting to see myself more as I am. I can now begin to see and feel the anger because my mind has not become lost in it. I can begin to study it better and determine where it comes from inside me, and how it effects me.

In short the anger “doesn’t go to my head.” If I ‘have‘ the anger, and recognize that I have it, then I can begin to ask myself where does it come from inside me? What center, what localization in me is it coming from, or triggering it? Maybe I was feeling tired and physically crappy that day and I identify with this instinctive sensation and this is the real trigger for my anger? By asking such questions the negativity does not ‘have’ me. Now I ‘have’ it. I found that timing is important! Catching it at the right time gives the possibility of not getting consumed by it. Otherwise if it is allowed to consume the mind then one can literally become insane.

Although I have little time for it now, the marital arts and hitting a punching bag used to help me redirect the energy… as I studied it. Studying ideas, losing weight, some exercise and proper diet is now helping me now to transforming any negative energy into positive, Gardening may work for others or mild exercise, or maybe doing math and activities like that may also help to redirect and absorb the energy so it can be turned into something positive. Otherwise this negative energy, if not confronted directly, can ‘feed the mind’ and just increase our self importance because our false image of ourselves thinks it’s important enough to be entitled to such negativity and this feeling of entitlement can make one think that it is something ‘positive’.

Back
Top Bottom