This has been the Longest day of my life

Perhaps it's also worth considering that some of the things you saw (I'm thinking mainly of the price increases) bothered you even if you think you are prepared for them. That is a significant change in our daily lives, and I think there is a strong tendency in most people to 'normalise' changes in order to protect themselves from stress. Intellectually we may be prepared, but emotional reactions and subconscious effects might be less than predictable.

It sounds like you handled a stressful situation pretty well to me.

Perhaps it's also worth considering that some of the things you saw (I'm thinking mainly of the price increases) bothered you even if you think you are prepared for them.
Yes, especially when the prices rang up even higher at the checkout. And I’m sure that I was also picking up on the feelings of other people in the store. Thank you.

I want to give thanks to all of you for your insights, advice, understanding and humor! I feel much better today because of your support and compassion. The next time I go to Walmart I am taking all of you with me by remembering what you suggested. I’m going to reread this thread before I go in.

I think Walmart is a very weird place, with strange people.
Yes it is. I still go there because there are some lovely people who work there that I have known for many years and I like to cheer them up and comfort them. The people that work in my Walmart are mostly elderly and sometimes get very stressed at work. Some of them hug me when they see me and say thank you for talking with me today. I only know them from the store but they are my true friends.

Hello Opossum, I understand from your story that you are trying to ask yourself what happened to you, because nothing extraordinary happened at Walmart, except for the normal price problems and a sense of wasted time.

When we have experienced situations of threat or danger, our body prepares to fight or flee. When that situation is too challenging (because it happens too fast, or it's stronger than you, or it happens too many times), we can't complete those defense responses, so our nervous system can't discharge the stored energy and it gets trapped in our body. body.

This can cause your system to be permanently connected to fight, flight or freeze (so as not to feel pain or to prevent the perpetrator from further harming us).

If we remain connected in any of these responses, any internal or external stimulus associated with the sensations we had when experiencing the traumatic situation can disorganize our system and trigger our alert mechanisms, as if we were again facing a similar threat or danger. We lose our ability to respond flexibly and differently in various situations.

When you feel unpleasant sensations in your body that put you on alert, but there is nothing that could objectively be a danger at that moment, then it is likely that your fight or flight energy was left on and could not be discharged.

These fight, flight, or freeze responses are expressions of ancient ancient wisdom that is etched into our bodies. This wisdom has kept you alive until today and through that same wisdom you can heal yourself.

There are multiple somatic therapies that can help you. I study and practice one in particular called Somatic Experiencing which offers a safe and gradual way to "release" stored energy through awareness of bodily sensations to help people recover from trauma without reliving it. .

I hope that you can find help and reconnect with your bodily sensations of security, self-regulation, vitality, presence, coherence and ability to be in the here and now.

As I understand you Perlou, I am myself out of the social life and the moral in the socks. Without you on the forum and the C's with the castle team, I would be lost! Much love to you Perlou 😍.
Comme je te comprends Perlou, je suis moi moi même hors de la vie sociale et le morale dans les chaussettes. Sans vous sur le forum et les C avec l'equipe du château, je serais perdu ! Beaucoup d'amour pour toi Perlou 😍.
Welcome to our forum, Cassis! :welcome:Could you please introduce yourself and tell us a bit about yourself in our newbies section? How you found us, whether you have been reading (French) Sott, Laura's work and so on. If you are in doubt, just have a look at other posts from newbies. Merci et bienvenue!

Throughout the day I would look up at the clock thinking an hour had passed but was shocked to find it had only been two or three minutes since I last checked.
Maybe it brings some solace to you as I can report on having experienced the same kind of time-stretch last night at work. Time was virtually standing still.
The night before energies were very weird as well; the patients more aggressive and disorientated than ever; when I laid down during my break I had the weirdest dream - the room I take my break seems to have a portal and often provides for strange experiences. I always pray before work and before I lay down in that room and usually I feel much better then. So praying for protection is a necessity.
The full moon may have added to the weirdness factor as well.
It is a Cortazar situation you had, time is out of time and everything is upside down. It is like to be in a dream, when maybe the dreamer is living reality.
That's an interesting concept.

I went to Walmart again today and I took all of you with me in my mind. Everything turned out well. They had everything I needed, nothing had increased in price, nothing rang up the wrong price and I had several pleasant encounters with people I know. Thanks for joining me, lol :flowers:

I’m getting a little worried about my mental health.
Hello and sorry I missed seeing this thread until now. It's funny that I was looking through the titles to see if any were applicable for a post I wanted to make - maybe more than coincidence. But first, these notable comments:
I don't feel very well, morally speaking, since some time, we are in election here and I can't understand what I see, this naivety, these sheep, how did it come to this?
I know that we have to accept things since it happens exactly as planned but GOD, how difficult it is...
Until my own daughter who accuses me of spying on her because I ask for this news following the problems after her 2nd vaccination...
Since 3 weeks, the contact is broken and I have no more news, I live alone with my small loves of animals, fortunately they are there...
I have tears in my eyes more and more often and my morale is not strong...
Perhaps it's also worth considering that some of the things you saw (I'm thinking mainly of the price increases) bothered you even if you think you are prepared for them. That is a significant change in our daily lives, and I think there is a strong tendency in most people to 'normalise' changes in order to protect themselves from stress. Intellectually we may be prepared, but emotional reactions and subconscious effects might be less than predictable.

Well, are we not in some big club that realizes all the very nefarious things going on that are only getting worse and worse day by day - and for some, if not entirely estranged from family members, definitely not in sync with them about current realities. And as Ben says, trying to "normalize" all the changes so as to protect ourselves from stress can have unpredictable effects. I remember even Laura saying how the whole covid thing was getting to her and she needed a little break. And sometimes I wonder why I keep reading all the articles detailing all the turmoil when I know it's unstoppable unless and until the masses finally wake up. I stopped halfway through a Sott piece today as it was like reading my worst nightmare come to life . . . and it is. So feeling more than a little out of it even to the point of supposed time glitches, maybe it's a normal reaction to very abnormal and dreaded conditions.

I still go there because there are some lovely people who work there that I have known for many years and I like to cheer them up and comfort them.
I've been in towns where Walmart was the only practical option for purchasing everyday goods and food. There's quite a difference between those in small, rural Ohio, and those in some parts of Columbus. My spouse shops at the one in our city, but I do not - it's very dreary inside and didn't look new even when it was. The next closest is the worst which is really ironic as it's in the same vicinity as Les Wexner's premier shopping complex. I haven't been in a Walmart recently, so I have no idea how well they are stocked. The chain of stores I do shop at is definitely having empty shelf space despite a remodel of the one in town. Prices are definitely on the rise.

Glad to hear you had a perfectly normal and positive Walmart experience with us forum members virtually along for the trip!

I read them to keep me awake, it's like a slap in the face when you're drifting off. My own experience has taught me not to underestimate the possibility of becoming complacent. I think a threshold has been reached where I will not forget my aim of awakening, but only time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom