Toxic Heavy Metals Urine Test - Micro Trace Minerals

Z said:
Wow Gaby that's a lot of Arsenic and Mercury.

Did you ever have one or more amalgam fillings?

I was wondering about the arsenic, seeing that so many people have elevated levels. Apparently the biggest source of contamination is drinking water i.e soil.

There is also this:
"People who smoke tobacco can also be exposed to the natural inorganic arsenic content of tobacco because tobacco plants essentially take up arsenic naturally present in the soil."

I smoke organic tobacco. It has been a year since I'm purchasing the organic leaf and processing it myself. Before, I smoked processed organic tobacco. But if the arsenic is everywhere, it might be in the organic tobacco.

I had around 26 mercury amalgams + the vaccine schedule. I had all my amalgams replaced years ago and did at least 6 cycles of DMSA, EDTA protocol and the occasional dose of DMSA. I also take chlorella consistently and have taken spirulina in the past. I also take NAC and ALA consistently and other supplements and foods which are supposed to help with mercury toxicity. I had my last mercury-containing vaccine at least 18 years ago. I eat fish occasionally, and it is always relatively small fish.

For the arsenic, I'm not sure. I only drink distilled water. It could be the shower, which is non-filtered. But I was also suspecting the pork. It seems that pig's food may be high in arsenic. I switched to organic meat quite awhile ago, although make exceptions here and there. I'm not terribly worried about the arsenic since DMSA is a good chelator. I'm concerned about the mercury since the exposure, even though it was high, was so long ago. I'm planning to stock on DMSA and do my cycles at a dose of 15mg/kg since I tolerated it fairly well.

Gaby said:
My copper levels were in the red as well, but I don't take that supplement. High copper levels seem to indicate a zinc deficiency, which I don't take because it gives me stomach aches. I'll have to take zinc with foods in the morning.

Have you tried a different zinc supplement or form of zinc? Maybe there's an issue with the specific one you're taking. I was taking this one for a little while with good results:

http://www.amazon.com/Pure-Encapsulations-Zinc-15-60s/dp/B0017QCNUQ/

larger size:

http://www.amazon.com/Pure-Encapsulations-Zinc-15-180s/dp/B0017JIH7G/

I'm also wondering if the zinc dose is too high since zinc supplements are often 30-50mg, so maybe a lower dose might be better. Generally speaking in my experience, if I get a burning or upset stomach feeling from a supplement I'm taking, it's not good for me (which can happen when I get to the end of a prescribed period for a supplement as well), so maybe that's a sign that you don't need zinc for some reason or that the specific supplement you're taking isn't working for you.

This guy's got some strange ideas, but the higher copper and poor response to zinc makes me wonder if he's onto something with his concept of "bio-unavailable copper":

http://www.drlwilson.com/articles/copper%20elimination.htm
Many people who undertake nutritional balancing programs based on hair mineral analysis eliminate some excess copper from their bodies at some point in their healing program. This occurs because most people have a copper imbalance. It usually includes having excess biounavailable and unusable copper in the body. This must be removed as soon as possible.
Zinc. While zinc is a major copper antagonist, taking more zinc during a copper elimination can cause the body to remove more copper from the liver. Zinc can replace copper in the liver and elsewhere. However, this might force more copper into the blood stream, aggravating copper elimination symptoms. Therefore, extra zinc is not usually the best answer.

He's got some strategies in the link for copper elimination that might be worth trying.

The Cs also said that feminine products were a source of arsenic toxicity, so that might be the avenue there.

I hope you're able to get rid of the metals and stay rid of them! :flowers:

Your arsenic level is similar to the levels we had here, but mercury seems pretty high! Well, I suppose it just means a few rounds of DMSA. You'll get there! :hug2:

Foxx said:
He's got some strategies in the link for copper elimination that might be worth trying.

The Cs also said that feminine products were a source of arsenic toxicity, so that might be the avenue there.

I hope you're able to get rid of the metals and stay rid of them! :flowers:

I'll check the copper research, thanks!

As for the feminine products, perhaps it might have to do with this:

20 lipstick brands positive for lead, arsenic – FDA
_http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2014/05/02/1318443/20-lipstick-brands-positive-lead-arsenic-fda

Lead in lipstick, arsenic in eyeliner and cadmium in mascara: The ugly secrets that the beauty industry isn’t telling you
_http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2104453/Cadmium-mascara-lead-lipstick-arsenic-eyeliner-The-ugly-secrets-beauty-industry-isn-t-telling-you.html#ixzz43BA9avbW

Evil!

Joe said:
Your arsenic level is similar to the levels we had here, but mercury seems pretty high! Well, I suppose it just means a few rounds of DMSA. You'll get there! :hug2:

Yes, I'm going to "nuke" the mercury. This test gave me a reality check.

Thank you!

Gaby said:
But if the arsenic is everywhere, it might be in the organic tobacco

This is what i am thinking. Or even organic meat :(

I am really curious about my results, they should be out next week.

What do you think how many rounds of DMSA it takes to get rid of such mercury load?

Z said:
What do you think how many rounds of DMSA it takes to get rid of such mercury load?

DMSA 15mg/kg, 2-3 rounds of 6 cycles each. That is my guess, I'll know by the second round if I feel different.

There might be an impairment in the detox pathways, so doing some maintenance might be needed.

Gaby said:
Attached are my results. I took 900mg of DMSA for this test, half of the recommended dose for the test. The results are discouraging, considering all the detox I have done. On the other hand, it makes me realize how much of a problem mercury is to me. I can check all the boxes for mercury toxicity symptoms and I know it favors stealth infections and autoimmune diseases.

Toxic elements in the severe range (in the high red end) were the following:

Mercury (normal <1): 21.303
Arsenic (normal <15): 91.529
Lead (normal <5): 11.833
Cesium (normal < 11): 17.679
Nickel (normal < 3): 6.216

On the upper normal limit was strontium.

My copper levels were in the red as well, but I don't take that supplement. High copper levels seem to indicate a zinc deficiency, which I don't take because it gives me stomach aches. I'll have to take zinc with foods in the morning.

I have a chrome deficiency, which I might supplement just in case.

It seems I'm taking enough boron, selenium and iodine as well.

Now I'm going to make a mercury detox plan with the DMSA since I tolerated a high dose relatively well. I'm going to wait for my allergy tests before I get chlorella or spirulina, just to make sure I'm not allergic to them.

That's a lot of Arsenic! I hope DMSA helps :hug2:

I was kidding before we took the tests that I'd be high in Copper because I come from Cyprus (tons of copper mines, and especially in the area of the village I grew up, my grandfather worked there most his life and died eventually of lung cancer, probably there was more stuff than copper down there though). And yes, from everyone here, I was the only one with high copper levels. It's not one of the very toxic ones, but I stopped taking a multi-mineral that contained it anyway. I too found the link with zinc, and my results showed very low in that element. So I started taking 30 mg zinc daily because it is also good for displacing Nickel. But I wouldn't worry too much about the essential elements that came out high. It might be that the toxic stuff get a hold of their place when they enter the system, that's why they are harder to displace and the good ones leave the system easily because the baddys took their place anyway.

This pdf talks about what harmful heavy metals EDTA and DMSA chelate best, and it has cool graphs:

Efficacy of oral DMSA and intravenous EDTA in chelation of toxic metals and improvement of the number of stem/ progenitor cells in circulation

http://www.transbiomedicine.com/translational-biomedicine/efficacy-of-oral-dmsa-and-intravenous-edta-in-chelation-of-toxic-metals-and-improvement-of-the-number-of-stem-progenitor-cells-in-circulation.pdf

There are cool graphs and stats of trials in it. Read the whole paper, is short and informative. DMSA seems to chelate Mercury and Arsenic better than EDTA.

This one talks of Arsenic poisoning and also favors DMSA for its chelation:

http://www.calpoison.org/hcp/2011/callusvol9no3.htm

Another one for chelating Iron, Mercury, Arsenic and Lead

http://www.poison.org/articles/2011-mar/chelation-therapy

Alana said:
This pdf talks about what harmful heavy metals EDTA and DMSA chelate best, and it has cool graphs:

Thank you, Alana. I'll read the papers.

In the time being, here is an article about copper toxicity. It is striking that the levels came high even though I don't take it as a supplement. I can't recall any copper exposure.

The Copper Toxicity Epidemic: Top 10 Health Conditions, Strategies & Solutions

_http://metabolichealing.com/copper-toxicity-major-epidemic/

Copper toxicity is a central factor in many of today’s modern disease epidemics including: cancer, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, schizophrenia, OCD, ADD, rheumatoid arthritis, cardiovascular disease. Copper toxicity is even a major player in women's health issues such as estrogen dominance, candida overgrowth, and PMS. While copper toxicity is a major cause for concern, it is something that can be effectively dealt with by powerful nutritional therapies. [...]

I also seem to remember a copper thread in this forum. I hope to catch up on this research by next week.

:flowers:

I'm sorry to see that your report was so discouraging, Gaby, but at least now you know and can do something about it. It's impressive that you are able to maintain your shift schedule with all of the additional stress this is probably putting on your system. This may also explain in part why you feel your Q-Link has been helpful.

Given the high levels of mercury you're carrying (they're pretty extreme), it's probably going to take you quite awhile to unload and bring them back to baseline. It took me six months of regular chelation to reduce my own levels from 6.4 to 4.3 mg/g, and I expect it would require a year to bring them completely down to normal. It's a long slog and takes some patience, but I'm glad to hear that you tolerate the DMSA well since as you said, it should be effective in binding the arsenic as well.

I agree with Foxx's recommendation of the zinc picolinate -- regular zinc makes me sick too, but I do pretty well with the picolinate variety. Your copper levels in combination with the zinc deficiency suggest that you're likely pyroluric, so you may want to supplement with additional B6 and evening primrose oil along with the zinc. In my understanding, this is the best way to start unloading some of that copper, since copper and zinc are antagonists and your body appears to have a hard time binding zinc and will bind copper preferentially (as well as nickel, like Alana mentioned above).

Gaby said:
There might be an impairment in the detox pathways, so doing some maintenance might be needed.

Have you ever had your SNPs tested (I don't remember that you ever mentioned it, but maybe I missed it)? With everything you're describing, I'd strongly suspect that you have some dysfunction in your methylation and/or sulfation metabolism. It might be worth it to try to find out about that so you can figure out what's necessary to correct your individual blockages. If this is an issue, it's possible that the antimicrobial protocol that you did earlier may have been stymied by a combination of those blockages and the heavy metal burden you're carrying (the two can be interrelated), so it would probably be worth spending some time correcting these over the next year before attempting the protocol again (assuming you would want to try it a second time).

It will be interesting to hear the results of your allergy test -- good luck getting this all sorted, Gaby :hug2:

Added: for anyone concerned about arsenic contamination and feminine products, something like this may be an alternative worth looking into:

https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,33510.msg463480.html#msg463480

Lilou said:
For those in the states, I found this lab in Illinois that does heavy metal testing for $129.95, postage paid and they include the DMSA you need to take as well. http://www.dmsachelation.com/urine-test-for-heavy-metals/

The results look similar to Joe's test results. They test for 20 different metals. Seems like a pretty decent deal.

I also did a test through them, as they ship to Canada as well. Though with the exchange right it was a little pricier, about $160 CDN. My results weren't too bad but I was in the red for lead and red for antimony. Also a few others, though in the 'green' were present. Namely mercury and cesium(!?). I did realize after that I had been at an indoor firing range a few days before and likely had heavy lead exposure from handling the ammunition and fumes. So I probably skewed the results on that end. Either way, I've been doing rounds of EDTA and DMSA.

Alana said:
[...]

Efficacy of oral DMSA and intravenous EDTA in chelation of toxic metals and improvement of the number of stem/ progenitor cells in circulation

http://www.transbiomedicine.com/translational-biomedicine/efficacy-of-oral-dmsa-and-intravenous-edta-in-chelation-of-toxic-metals-and-improvement-of-the-number-of-stem-progenitor-cells-in-circulation.pdf

There are cool graphs and stats of trials in it. Read the whole paper, is short and informative. DMSA seems to chelate Mercury and Arsenic better than EDTA.
[...]

Thanks Alana, that was a very interesting read! I had always thought that EDTA was better for chelating lead but according to that study, DMSA does the job better. I'm going switch gears this weekend and just stick to DMSA and see how that goes.

Shijing said:
Have you ever had your SNPs tested (I don't remember that you ever mentioned it, but maybe I missed it)? With everything you're describing, I'd strongly suspect that you have some dysfunction in your methylation and/or sulfation metabolism. It might be worth it to try to find out about that so you can figure out what's necessary to correct your individual blockages. If this is an issue, it's possible that the antimicrobial protocol that you did earlier may have been stymied by a combination of those blockages and the heavy metal burden you're carrying (the two can be interrelated), so it would probably be worth spending some time correcting these over the next year before attempting the protocol again (assuming you would want to try it a second time).

I thought about that SNPs test, but haven't ordered it. At this point, I'm pretty sure I have a detox impairment.

The interesting thing is that I felt much better after the antibiotic protocol, the mercury may be feeding stealth infections.

Now a big bottle of DMSA is on its way and today I'll order zinc picolinate and see about re-stocking on several other supplements. I'll receive my allergy tests in one week or so. Even if they are negative for several foods, I know that I felt progressively worse by eating the various foods to the point that I felt ataxic and inflamed as I never felt before. So it will be interesting to see the correlations with the results, if any.

Gaby said:
Alana said:

Thank you, Alana. I'll read the papers.

In the time being, here is an article about copper toxicity. It is striking that the levels came high even though I don't take it as a supplement. I can't recall any copper exposure.

The Copper Toxicity Epidemic: Top 10 Health Conditions, Strategies & Solutions

_http://metabolichealing.com/copper-toxicity-major-epidemic/

Copper toxicity is a central factor in many of today’s modern disease epidemics including: cancer, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, schizophrenia, OCD, ADD, rheumatoid arthritis, cardiovascular disease. Copper toxicity is even a major player in women's health issues such as estrogen dominance, candida overgrowth, and PMS. While copper toxicity is a major cause for concern, it is something that can be effectively dealt with by powerful nutritional therapies. [...]

I also seem to remember a copper thread in this forum. I hope to catch up on this research by next week.

Gaby, if you have a house fitted with copper pipes, or if you have a copper tank in your hot water service, you could be getting the copper from those.
FWIW

Just received the results, I am not surprised in terms of mercury since I had many amalgam fillings most of my life, I am especially surprised at the high level of Cesium as this is quite rare, according to information provided from the lab it is not so clinical significant. I am guessing this is post Chernobil effect. Also what is surprising is relatively low level of Iodine after I have been taking 5 mg for almost a month before this test. The level of lead is highly concerning.
Also high level of copper came as a surprise. I do wear copper/silver ring but I am not sure if this could be the culprit. Lab information says that most common source is the drinking water.
I am guessing high levels of lead are probably due to high concentration of cars per square meter where I live.
Its not mentioned how to detoxify Nickel, so I have to do some research on this. If anyone has any information it would be much appreciated.
So here are my elevated values with explanation:

Copper 100.009 mcg/g Creatine ( norm 1.45-60)
COPPER (Cu) HIGH:
This trace element is an important metallo-enzyme, essential in hemoglobin synthesis. Adults absorb approximately 56% of
dietary Cu, with < 50mcg/day excreted in the urine under normal and unprovoked conditions. The adult body contains
approximately 80mg copper, one third in muscle and the reminder in other tissue and body fluids. In the divalent state copper
has the capacity to readily complex with many amino acids and proteins, such as metallothionin , which facilitate Cu-absorption
from the stomach and the duodenum. In a large number of cuproproteins, Cu is a fixed proportion of the molecular structure,
and these metalloproteins form an important group of oxidase enzymes, including ceruloplasmin (ferroxidase), SOD
(superoxide dismutase), cytochrome oxidase, lysyl oxidase, dopamine beta-hydroxylase, tyrosinase, uricase, spermine
oxidase, benzylamin oxidase, diamine oxidase, and tryptophan-2,3 dioxygenase (tryptophan pyrrolase).
LABORATORY AND TESTING INFORMATION:
Urine analysis of unprovoked urine is not an adequate measure to assess copper stores or copper metabolism. Blood copper
levels, SOD levels and serum ceruloplasmin are other, often more indicative measurements for copper status. Increased
urinary copper levels can be caused by nutritional supplementation with copper or be the result of a high dietary intake due to
copper-containing drinking water. Supplements containing high molybdenum may stimulate an increase in copper excretion,
because Cu and Mo are mutually antagonistic in terms of body retention.
CLINICAL SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS:
•Bacterial or other infection may cause hypercupremia, and published studies such as Vivoli, Sci Total Eniviron, 66p 55-64,
1987 have correlated increased urinary copper levels with increased blood pressure in hypertensives. Biliary obstruction or
insufficiency can decrease normal excretion of copper via the bile while increasing blood and urine levels.
•Hyperaminoacidurias, including histidinuria can result in copper wasting since histidine is a powerful chelator of copper.
Hyperaminoacidurias can be of various origins including genetic factors, chemical or elemental toxicities (high urinary copper is
often seen with high mercury levels) infectious agents, hyperthyroidism, sugar intolerances, nephrotic symptoms, etc.
•In Wilson's disease, urinary copper levels may increase to above 100mcg/24hrs without provocation or chelation.

Cesium 12.931 mcg (norm <11)
CESIUM (Cs):
We tested Cs-133, which is a nonessential rare earth element. We did not test for the radioactive Cs-137 which received much
attention after the Chernobyl nuclear disaster. Of the known 39 Cesium isotopes, only Cs-133 is stable. Due to its biological
half-life, the human body will excrete it within approximately 110 days.
Cs-133 is in close physiological relationship to potassium and their extracellular ionic concentration influences nerve and
muscle function, including ECGs. Studies indicate that the cesium content of injured tissue of myocardial infected heart is
reduced. There are no clinical indications that cesium is toxic; however it is suggested that overexposure may have similar
effects than excess potassium.
Cesium is used in the electronic industry for the manufacture of photoelectric cells, cesium lamps and photomultiplier tubes.
LABORATORY INFORMATION: Red blood cells contain 6x the amount as found in serum or plasma. And whole blood can be
used for the diagnosis of an immediate or acute exposure. Research indicates that hair contains relatively high levels of
cesium; thus hair can be used to evaluate long-term cesium exposure.

Mercury 13.721mcg ( norm <1)

MERCURY (Hg):
Mercury compounds readily react covalently with sulfhydryl groups in proteins, resulting in inhibition of functional activity. Both
organic and inorganic mercury are potent toxic compounds.
TOXICITY:
• Excretion levels of 100 mcg/g creatinine in random urine prior to chelation are representative of acute exposure, reflecting
toxicity. Values equal to the Hg-Orientation Range indicate a mild exposure, values above that range and below the excretion
level of 100mcg/g creatinine are representive of a past or present intoxication. Early Symptoms of Chronic overexposure may
occur at much lower levels including Insomnia, dizziness, fatigue, drowsiness, weakness, depression, tremors loss of appetite,
loss of memory, nervousness, headache, dermatitis, numbness, and tingling of lips and feet, emotional instability and kidney
damage.
SOURCES: Overexposure may stem from paints, bleaches, explosives, electrical apparatus, batteries, mercurial diuretics,
fungicides, fluorescent lamps, cosmetics, hair dyes, amalgams in dentistry, contaminated seafood, and petroleum products.
Vaccines such as tetanus toxoid contain thimerosal, which is a mercury compound. Improper disposal of broken mercury
thermometers and other apparatuses that use mercury including button cells and tube lights are additional sources of mercury
exposure.
TREATMENT: Consider chelation treatment with DMPS or DMSA.

Lead 14.75mmcg ( norm <5)
LEAD (Pb) HIGH:
Occupational and environmental exposure are common causes of high urinary concentrations. A lead concentration above the
baseline reference range and below the Orientation Range reflects a mild exposure; a concentration equal to or higher than
the Orientation Range may reflect a chronic or acute exposure in need of detoxification treatment. Consult a physician
knowledgeable in clinical metal toxicology.
Common Sources:
Leaded gasoline, canned goods, lead paint, newsprint, tobacco smoke, air pollution, and contaminated water.
Biochemical basis of toxicity:
Only 8 to 12% of the orally ingested lead is absorbed by the small intestine, but toxic effects are severe. Lead can react with
sulfhydryl groups in enzymes, thereby inactivating important enzymes such as the aminolevulinic acid dehydratase (ALA) and
ALA synthetase, leading to haematological manifestations. Lead reduces the body's ability to utilize calcium, magnesium, zinc,
iron and other important nutrients. Lead is easily absorbed by children.
Clinical Signs:
The pathological effects of Pb have been recognized for centuries. Lead affects all physiological systems including renal,
nervous, reproductive, endocrine, immune, and hemopoietic. Exposure to lead, either chronic or acute, presents a variety of
signs, symptoms, and chemical evidence. The exposed person may be asymptomatic or symptomatic.
• Mild Symptoms include tiredness, lack of energy, constipation, slight abdominal pain and discomfort, anorexia, altered sleep,
irritability, anemia, hair loss, pallor, and less frequently diarrhea and nausea. Formation and precipitation of lead sulfide may be
evidenced as a blue-black ‘lead line’ near the gingival margin of the teeth.
• Severe symptoms include colic, reduction of muscle power, muscle tenderness, parethesia, and symptoms of neuropathy
and encephalopathy.
• Frequent Symptoms in children as reported by the Center for Disease control are irritability, vomiting, abdominal pain, ataxia,
anorexia, behavioral changes, speech disturbances, seizures, intercurrent fever, and dehydration. Other symptoms reported
are ataxia and stupor.
Treatment:
Chelating agents such as EDTA, Dimercaprol (BAL) and penicillamine have been medically recommended. The use of oral
DMSA was approved by the FDA for the detoxification of children. Micro Trace Minerals / Trace Minerals International data
evaluation indicates that DMPS, ZnDTPA and CaDTPA are highly effective chelating agents with a binding capacity that equals
or is greater than BAL and penicillamine. This data also indicates that the combination treatment of EDTA + DMSA has a great
lead binding capacity and significantly increases the lead excretion. Vitamin C and cysteine have a good lead binding capacity
and may be used as supportive measures during chelation therapy.
Laboratory Analysis:
Two classes of persons must be considered:
1.) The occupationally exposed:
• A case of occupational lead overexposure is defined as an adult (15 years of age or older) with a BLL greater than or equal to
25 mcg/dL or 250 mcg/L.
• Childhood lead poisoning is defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as a blood lead level of 10 ug/dL or
above. Long-term effects may include slow development, reduced Intelligence Quotient (IQ), learning disabilities, hearing loss,
reduced height and hyperactivity. Most lead intoxicated children do not have any symptoms. Appearing symptoms are often
confused with other childhood illnesses. Very severe lead exposure (levels greater than 80 ug/dL) can cause coma,
convulsions and even death.
2.) Low level chronic exposure:
• Blood levels may or may not be significant, depending on the immediate exposure.
• Long-term exposed individuals typically show elevated hair lead.
Blood lead and urine concentrations have been reported to be about 10 to 20% higher in males than females, both in children
and adults.

Nickel 3.863mcg (norm <3)
NICKEL (Ni) HIGH:
Smoke, cigarette smoking and food are major sources of nickel exposure. A equal or above the Reference Range indicates a
mild exposure; a value between the Baseline Reference Range and the Orientation Range represents a moderate exposure.
When the urine concentration levels is higher than the Orientation Range, a chronic or acute case of intoxication might be
present. A physician experienced in metal toxicology should be consulted.
Environmental/Occupational Sources:
• Ni is found in ambient air at very low levels, as a result of releases from manufacturing facilities, oil and coal combustion,
sewage sludge incineration, and other sources.
• Exposure may be through contact with everyday items such as nickel-containing jewelry, cooking utensils, stainless steel
kitchens, and clothing fasteners.
Toxicity and Symptoms:
• Nickel carbonyl is the most acutely toxic nickel compound, also found in cigarette smoke. Symptoms include headache,
vertigo, nausea, vomiting, insomnia, and irritability, followed by chest pains, dry coughing, cyanosis, gastrointestinal symptoms,
sweating, visual disturbances, and severe weakness.
• Lung and kidney appear to be the target organs for acute nickel carbonyl toxicity in humans and animals, with pulmonary
fibrosis and renal edema reported.
• EPA's Office of Air Quality Planning and Standards, for a hazard ranking under Section 112(g) of the Clean Air Act
Amendments, considers nickel carbonyl to be a "high concern" pollutant based on severe acute toxicity.
Chronic Effects (Non-cancer):
• Contact dermatitis is the most common effect in humans from nickel exposure, and have been reported following
occupational and non-occupational exposure, with symptoms of itching of the fingers, wrists, and forearms.
• Chronic exposure to nickel in humans also results in respiratory effects, including asthma due to primary irritation or an
allergic response, and an increased risk of chronic respiratory tract infections.
Cancer Risk:
• Human studies have reported an increased risk of lung and nasal cancers among nickel refinery workers exposed to nickel
refinery dust. Nickel refinery dust is a mixture of many nickel compounds, including nickel subsulfide. EPA has classified nickel
refinery dust and nickel subsulfide as carcinogens.
• Nickel carbonyl has been reported to produce lung tumors in rats exposed via inhalation.

It seems DMSA is pretty effective for nickel as well as lead.

Gaby - how many cycles would you suggest for my results before I submit another sample?

Z said:
It seems DMSA is pretty effective for nickel as well as lead.

Gaby - how many cycles would you suggest for my results before I submit another sample?

Ark and I did about 12 or 13 rounds, weekends only, some time back and that seems to have helped quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom