Toxoplasmosis - The Return of the Puppet Masters

The Return of the Puppet Masters

I've been told that one of the benefits of smoking is that it kills parasites. Anyone else know anything about this?

Hi
Where did you here that smoking can kill parasites? I know that stomach acid kills alot of intestinal parasites, never heard that smoking could though.

Redrock12 said:
I've been told that one of the benefits of smoking is that it kills parasites. Anyone else know anything about this?
Maybe this idea of smoking is not so wild. After rereading a part of Laura’s first post, I thought hay, that’s what it also does maybe! Getting rid of certain physical parasites, or keeping them at bay, so that even certain psychological symptoms are kept at bay (like the haloperidol effect). Maybe they would disappear even, or no longer be able to enter ones system to settle somewhere.

And also, I than remembered from back in high school how “smoking” a piece of meat kills certain parasitic eggs whereas boiling doesn’t. I found that kind of bizarre. Maybe it was a certain amount of CO (carbon-monoxide). This is indeed very toxic because it binds to hemoglobin at the same position where oxygen would otherwise bind to be carried around through our body. But CO binds irreversibly, in contrast to oxygen, and that is why a dose too high is nearly always fatal. Gone will be the carrier for oxygen. Though at lower doses it will only result in higher concentrations of hemoglobin which carries iron. Like you would come back from a stay at high altitude, or would use erythropoietin.

So I started a search. I could not confirm yet that smoking is stronger than boiling. But of this I am pretty convinced. I just don't know, or forgot, what the active agent was supposed to be.

Still I found the following site. The story leads me in a different direction. But I end up at the same thing … parasites. Infection with parasites increases when stressed, and even spreads to “healthy” populations.

http://www.davidsuzuki.org/Oceans/Fish_Farming/Salmon/Diseases.asp

An interesting excerpt:

Except during spawning, wild salmon are not subjected to the high population densities found on salmon farms, nor do they often undergo human handling. Compared to natural conditions, salmon farming sets up an artificial environment in which fish are more stressed than in the wild (1). It has been shown that stressed fish will produce certain hormones, which suppress the immune system (2). This increases the risk of disease for an individual salmon and provides a mechanism for rapid disease transmission when some get sick. This can make salmon farms act as disease amplifiers for a pathogen (3).
So, infection with parasites increases when stressed, and even spreads to “healthy” populations.

All in all, it is worth pursuing some more info on this effect of smoking.

So here I am still puffing and sighing (stress? probably!).

when I lived in India I used a clark zapper along with a herbal mixture for 21 days. It did not do much for me (neither). However, it was just a precaution, I did not have great symptoms (just the usual occasional shits you get there often). I also used the zapper when I had fewer (flulike symptoms, but could have been something else) and had no relief at all although I used it extensively (5 times a day). the guy who made the zapper sells them by the hundrets worldwide. he also manufactures rife machines. he is a very nice person and has numerous positive feedbacks on his frequency devices so I seem to be a bit out of the usual with my neg. results. on the rife forum there is ample info on such devices

http://www.rife.de/

http://www.alchemistproducts.com/

Cat Parasite May Affect Cultural Traits in Human Populations

http://www.ia.ucsb.edu/pa/display.aspx?pkey=1485

August 3, 2006

(Santa Barbara, Calif.) - A common parasite found in cats may be affecting human behavior on a mass scale, according to a scientist based at the University of California, Santa Barbara.

While little is known about the causes of cultural change, and biological explanations often stimulate social and scientific debate, a new study by the U.S. Geological Survey published in the August 2 issue of the Proceedings of the Royal Society, Biology, indicates that behavioral manipulation of a common brain parasite may be among factors that play a role.

"In populations where this parasite is very common, mass personality modification could result in cultural change," said study author Kevin Lafferty, a USGS scientist at UC Santa Barbara. "The geographic variation in the latent prevalence of Toxoplasma gondii may explain a substantial proportion of human population differences we see in cultural aspects that relate to ego, money, material possessions, work and rules."

Although this sounds like science fiction, it is a logical outcome of how natural selection leads to effective strategies for parasites to get from host to host, said Lafferty. Toxoplasma gondii is a parasite of cats, both domestic and wild. While modern humans are a dead-end host for the parasite, Toxoplasma appears to manipulate personality by the same adaptations that normally help it complete its life cycle. The typical journey of the parasite involves a cat and its prey, starting as eggs shed in an infected cat's feces, inadvertently eaten by a warm-blooded animal, such as a rat. The infected rat's behavior alters so that it becomes more active, less cautious and more likely to be eaten by a cat, where the parasite completes its life cycle. Many other warm-blooded vertebrates may be infected by this pathogen. After producing usually mild flu-like symptoms in humans, the parasite tends to remain in a dormant state in the brain and other tissues.

Evidence for subtle long-term effects on an individual's personality, reported by researchers in the Czech Republic, inspired Lafferty to explore whether a shift in the average, or aggregate, personality of a population might occur where Toxoplasma has infected a higher proportion of individuals. Infection with Toxoplasma varies considerably from one population to another; in some countries it is very rare, while in others nearly all adults are infected. To test his hypothesis, Lafferty used published data on cultural dimension and aggregate personality for countries where there were also published data on the prevalence of Toxoplasma antibodies in women of childbearing age. Pregnant women are tested for antibodies because of the serious risk posed by toxoplasmosis to fetuses, which lack their own immune systems.

The results of previous work suggested that Toxoplasma could affect specific elements of human culture. Toxoplasma is associated with different, often opposite, behavioral changes in men and women, but both genders exhibit guilt proneness (a form of neuroticism). Lafferty's analysis found that countries with high Toxoplasma prevalence had a higher aggregate neuroticism score, and western nations with high prevalence also scored higher in the 'neurotic' cultural dimensions of 'masculine' sex roles and uncertainty avoidance.

"There could be a lot more to this story. Different responses to the parasite by men and women could lead to many additional cultural effects that are, as yet, difficult to analyze," said Lafferty.

Lafferty suggested that because climate affects the persistence of infectious states of Toxoplasma in the environment, it helps drive the geographic variation in the parasite's prevalence by increasing exposure risk. The parasite's eggs can live longer in humid, low-altitude regions, especially at mid latitudes that have infrequent freezing and thawing. Cultural practices of food preparation such as rare or undercooked meats, or poor hygiene, can increase exposure to infection, as can having cats as pets. Lafferty added, "Toxoplasmosis is one of many factors that may influence personality and culture, which may also include the effects of other infectious diseases, genetics, environment and history. Efforts to control this infectious pathogen could bring about cultural changes."

"This is not to say that the cultural dimensions associated with T. gondii are necessarily undesirable," noted Lafferty. "After all, they add to our cultural diversity."

If I correctly understand the analogy we unfortunately play the role of the crazy/easy prey rat

Thanks for all the parasite info. I sometimes wonder how people can function at all much less be awake when all the daily attacks are taken into consideration. People have to contend with so many things, etc. war, GM foods, no food, no water or contaiminated water, in the US with clorine and flouride and many more items, disease, dead dudes, psychopaths, OPs, lizzies, NWO and too many more to mention. I hope this didn't come across in a defeatest way. It is remarkable to me that anyone can achieve STO status, but I am trying to join those that have to help with the coming wave.

It seems to not be so much defeatist as realistic - after all, the 'opposition' wouldn't have to work so hard with all the things you list, and more, if that part of humanity who has a seed for a soul weren't, inherently, so strong and had so much potential. If the Universe is ultimately in balance, then there is an equal and opposite force for all that they have established - else they would not have established it - and it's not so much that all of it cancels the other out, (equal and opposite) as that the evidence of repressive measures indicates progress is being made - there is, in fact, something to 'counteract' - or so it seems to me.

Thanks Anart for reminding me that everything is balanced. The PTB are rushing forward at an increasing rate, perhaps they themselves feel threatened. I sense a world wide awakening to what they are doing. Time will tell whether this is a false impression.

All indications seem to point to 'them feeling threatened', indeed. And, really, it may not even take a 'world wide awakening' - if we are actually dealing with a non-linear Universe, then perhaps the efforts and awakening of just a segment of the 'wide world' would do the trick. We really don't know at this point, but, until we do know, gathering all the data possible to try to figure it out seems the way to go. ;)

Hi Anart, I forgot to thank you for the reference to being a realist. Most people I have contact with think that being a realist is just another term for a pessimist. They can not see that in order to figure out what is happening one must look at all sides. My father always was upset because in his opinion I saw too much gray and not enough black and white. This is off the topic, but I wanted to say it anyway.

Here's a link to another Signs article entitled: Cat Parasite Aiming For Male Global Domination, 10/12/06 that seems germane to this thread: http://signs-of-the-times.org/signs/chains/signs20061012_It27saMan27sWorld.php#0b16a82b2ab9582012dc14cbb76

Well, this is pretty synchronistic(sp?). I was reading the C's transcripts at work and came to the part about Hulda Clark and her zapper, and I was directed here to this thread today by another post someplace else, and I saw Laura mentioned the same part of the C's transcripts that I just read the other day.

I've been having a lot of health problems lately and have tried all sorts of remedies with no success. I'm actually thinking now that all my woes have been caused by a life-long case of candida/parasites (I think I've read all there is to read on the subject). I've been around cats my entire life (two live with me now), plus I've probably eaten my weight in sugar many times over, starting with when I was a kid and used to walk to the local store and buy a pound of M&Ms for a quarter (shows you how long ago that was! :) and eat the entire bag at once. I'd do this several times a week! When I got older, I'd spend Friday nights curled up with a good mystery and TWO bags of cookies. Food has been my drug of choice, and sugar my food of choice. Several months ago when I felt the worst and my hair started falling out, I gave up desserts, and have cut way back on carbs, cut out red meat, started doing a half-hour of exercise at least 5 times a week, and generally started watching my diet better. The upshot is I've lost 12 pounds, the downside is I still feel tired all the time. I really do feel like there is something in my blood weighing me down. I've even done coffee enemas and didn't notice a change at all except my bowels won't move on their own for days afterwards.

Anyhow, I went through three bottles of Clarkia tincture (wormwood, cloves and black walnut) months ago, but didn't notice any difference, and it's NOT cheap. I'd decided to get a zapper but there are so many different types out there that I'm overwhelmed by all the choices! Of course, I don't want to spend a fortune, and I've been toying with either of these models:

http://tinyurl.com/y3kmzg

or

http://shop.toolsforhealing.com/Mini_Zapper_p/dc-mz.htm

or the larger version

http://shop.toolsforhealing.com/Terminator_II_p/dc-t2.htm

I'm hoping that perhaps a combination of zapping and more clarkia and doing it over a longer period of time hopefully might be more effective. I'd read somewhere that to get rid of systemic candida, one month of treatment for every year you've had the disease. In that case, it will take me close to four years!!

I see this thread was started a while ago, has anyone who said they were going to purchase a zapper had good results, what kind did you get, any tips 'n tricks, reviews of a particular model, etc.?

Thanks!

Shar, I hate to bring this up, but --- well, judging from your avatar picture, you may be much worse off than you imagine. I'm not saying that you're not attractive, but I am saying that it would make a lot of sense for you to have a parasite whose main goal is to be eaten by a cat.

( :lol: in case Shar's avatar ever changes - at the time of this bad joke, it was a picture of one of her cats)

Seriously, though, I'd also be interested in hearing any reports back about 'zapper use' - having lived with cats my entire life as well (at least since I was two or three) - I'd be shocked if I weren't also carrying around some little 'friends' who wished I looked more like your avatar - (as basically creepy as thinking about having parasites is) - I've thought about getting a zapper, but a little voice in my head says, 'no, don't - but go over there next to that cat for a second......"

;)

anart said:
Shar, I hate to bring this up, but --- well, judging from your avatar picture, you may be much worse off than you imagine. I'm not saying that you're not attractive, but I am saying that it would make a lot of sense for you to have a parasite whose main goal is to be eaten by a cat.
Ha! The little bugger in question is sitting on the arm of the recliner beside me as I post this. No rats in sight, though!

Shar

Back
Top Bottom