Trump era: Fascist dawn, or road to liberation?

I wonder what kind of über-clever game Trey Gowdy is playing, or is he just surprisingly naive? Or, has he been 'planted resistance' all along, and now the time has come to do his masters' bidding?

See here:

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/07/disconnect-cannot-continue-trey-gowdy-calls-intel-officials-resign-trump-wont-listen-russia/

House Oversight Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy (R-SC) on Sunday called on top intelligence officers to step down if President Donald Trump refuses to accept their assessment that the Russian government is interfering in U.S. elections.

In an interview on Fox News, guest host Bret Baier asked Gowdy why Trump continues to suggest that Russia may not have been responsible for the 2016 election attack, even as the president claims that he accepts the intelligence community’s assessment about the Kremlin’s role.

Gowdy said that he had watched Trump’s press conference with Putin and concluded that Trump had told a “lie” when he said that Russia most likely did not interfere in the 2016 election, a claim that Trump later walked back.

“I can tell you this, Brett, the president has access to every bit of evidence,” Gowdy explained. “Even more than those of us on House Intelligence [Committee]. He has access to Pompeo and Chris Wray and Dan Coats and Nikki Haley. The evidence is overwhelming.”

The committee chairman went on to say that Trump intelligence officials should resign if the president continues to disregard their advice.

It can be proven beyond any evidentiary burden that Russia is not our friend and they tried to attack us in 2016, so the president either needs to rely on the people that he has chosen to advise him, or those advisors need to reevaluate whether or not they can serve in this administration,” Gowdy said. “But the disconnect cannot continue. The evidence is overwhelming and the president needs to say that and act like it.”

“We got a classified briefing this week,” Gowdy explained “There is no way you can listen to the evidence and not conclude, not that the Democrats were the victims, but the United States of America with the victims. We were the victims of what Russia did in 2016.”

Baier pointed out that Trump had extended an invitation for Russian President Vladimir Putin to visit Washington, D.C. before informing Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats.

“I do think it strange. I will also say this,” Gowdy opined. “I think that the United States of America sometimes has to meet with people that we don’t have anything in common with… This country is different. We do things differently. We set the standard for the rest of the world. The fact that we have to talk to you about Syria or other matters is very different from issuing an invitation. This should be reserved.”

Before concluding the interview, Baier asked Gowdy about the news that a FISA warrant accuses former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page of conspiring with the Russian government.

“My take is that Carter Page is more like Inspector Gadget then he is Jason Bourne or James Bond,” Gowdy quipped. “I’m sure he’s been on the FBI’s radar for a long time, well before 2016. Here’s what we will never know, we will never know whether or not the FBI had enough without the [Steele] dossier, the DNC-funded dossier because they included it and everyone who reads this FISA application sees the amount of reliance they placed on this product funded by Hillary Clinton’s campaign and the DNC.”

Right now, I don't have much confidence in Gowdy. If he is a 'white hat', he sure is acting weird.

Right now, I don't have much confidence in Gowdy. If he is a 'white hat', he sure is acting weird.

I think you might be right. "If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck" it might very well be a duck. If Gowdy really believes Russian interference was made the Democrats and the whole U.S. population victims then it changes my opinion of him for sure.

I wonder what kind of über-clever game Trey Gowdy is playing, or is he just surprisingly naive? Or, has he been 'planted resistance' all along, and now the time has come to do his masters' bidding?

See here:
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/07/disconnect-cannot-continue-trey-gowdy-calls-intel-officials-resign-trump-wont-listen-russia/

It can be proven beyond any evidentiary burden that Russia is not our friend and they tried to attack us in 2016, so the president either needs to rely on the people that he has chosen to advise him, or those advisors need to reevaluate whether or not they can serve in this administration,” Gowdy said. “But the disconnect cannot continue. The evidence is overwhelming and the president needs to say that and act like it.”

There have been rumors floating around Capitol Hill (mostly the Senate) since about mid-February that the FBI have been completely compromised by the CIA, in the House (Muller's) investigations? That the CIA are double-agents and masquerating as FBI operatives?
Former top FBI official Peter Strzok is one example. While with the FBI, he worked with the CIA under Obama.

I still don't know what Gowdy is up too? Is he trying to flush out the CIA agents (acting as FBI) - the meaning behind "those advisors need to reevaluate whether or not they can serve in this administration”? Basically, that their testimonies were compromised?

2018-07-20 - Why the far-right thinks Peter Strzok was secretly a CIA agent
https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/peter-strzok-cia-fbi/

On June 28, conservative blog “Brass Balls” published a story under the byline of one “Harry the Greek” titled “Peter Strzok Worked for the FBI and the CIA at the Same Time.”

The story accuses Strzok of holding a “joint position” with both agencies that was “created by Congress in 1996.” Theoretically, this would violate both of their missions—as the FBI deals with domestic threats, and the CIA handles international ones.

The “evidence” that “Harry the Greek” uses to back up his explosive claim is an FBI memo from 2016, obtained via a FOIA request by BuzzFeed reporter Jason Leopold.

The letter is one of two that were, ironically, related to a hugely important saga that was just beginning to unfold at the FBI—the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s private email server.

In the memo from Strzok, related to the possible compromise of classified information by Secretary Clinton, Strzok signs off as “Section Chief, Counterespionage Section.”

According to “Harry the Greek,” that title alone is proof Strzok was working for both agencies because “the FBI never had such a unit.” “Strzok was ‘a senior FBI official’ by being the CIA’s Chief of Counterespionage,” Harry the Greek continues, “The official job description of Strzok’s joint position included ‘full-time coordination with the FBI … including weekly meetings with senior FBI officials in the FBI’s National Security Division.’” (Article continues.)

22.07.2018 - FBI Releases Surveillance Documents on Ex-Trump Campaign Adviser - Reports
FBI Releases Surveillance Documents on Ex-Trump Campaign Adviser - Reports

The Department of Justice released Saturday documents related to the surveillance of former Trump presidential campaign adviser Carter Page as part of a Russiagate investigation, US media reported.

According to The New York Times, the heavily redacted application documents — 412 pages, including an initial application and several applications to renew the surveillance — indicate that the FBI "believes Page has been the subject of targeted recruitment by the Russian government… to undermine and influence the outcome of the 2016 US presidential election in violation of US criminal law," the surveillance application said.

The documents released include applications and renewal warrants filed in 2017 after Donald Trump took office. Carter Page has denied being an agent of the Russian government and has not been charged with any crime.

However, the report released said "the FBI believes that the Russian Government's efforts are being coordinated with Page and perhaps other individuals," adding that Carter page "has established relationships with Russian Government officials, including Russian intelligence officers."

22.07.2018 - Congress Wants to Grill Ex-CIA Chief Brennan Over Accusing Trump of 'Treason'
Congress Wants to Grill Ex-CIA Chief Brennan Over Accusing Trump of 'Treason'

Brennan blasted the US president for rejecting allegations that Russia intervened in the 2016 American presidential election on Putin’s orders, ignoring reports by US intelligence agencies.

US House of Representatives Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte said that Congress has "lots of questions" for former CIA Director John Brennan, who called Trump's statements on Russia's alleged meddling in the US elections during a press conference following the summit in Helsinki "treasonous." He suggested that Brennan could have been biased against Trump and that this might have influenced his judgment during his service.

"This is an extremely disturbing thing to see both he and [former FBI Director] James Comey, supposedly impartial government officials carrying out their jobs in very important areas […] express the kind of extreme bias that they've shown now — which I think reflects quite accurately what they were doing back in 2016," Goodlatte said.

John Brennan took to Twitter to slam President Trump's speech at the press conference that took place after his meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Helsinki. Brennan wrote that Trump's suggestion that US intelligence services were wrong about Moscow's alleged meddling in the 2016 US presidential election was beyond "high crimes and misdemeanors," but was rather outright "treasonous."

22.07.2018 - Trump Reportedly Forced to Make U-Turn on Russia After Fury Over Helsinki Summit
Trump Reportedly Forced to Make U-Turn on Russia After Fury Over Helsinki Summit

According to AP, Vice President Mike Pence, National Security Adviser John Bolton and Chief of Staff John Kelly gathered Tuesday to convince President Trump to backtrack on his comments on the US intelligence assessment of Russia’s alleged meddling in the 2016 election during the joint press conference with Putin.

The report comes a week after one-on-one discussions between Putin and Trump, followed by a joint press conference, where the US president somewhat hinted that he believed that Moscow had nothing to do with the alleged meddling.

He [Putin] just said it’s not Russia. […] I don’t see any reason why it would be, but I really do want to see the server. […] I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today,” he said.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

As I said today and many times before, “I have GREAT confidence in MY intelligence people.” However, I also recognize that in order to build a brighter future, we cannot exclusively focus on the past – as the world’s two largest nuclear powers, we must get along! #HELSINKI2018
3:40 PM - Jul 16, 2018

22.07.2018 - Huntsman Reportedly Refuses to Resign Amid Calls to Quit Over Helsinki Summit
Huntsman Reportedly Refuses to Resign Amid Calls to Quit Over Helsinki Summit

US Envoy to Russia Jon Huntsman responded Saturday to calls to resign by saying he would not quit, US media reported.

In a column published in The Salt Lake Tribune, which is reportedly owned by Huntsman's brother, the US diplomat said that he would remain in his post after "conducting an unscientific survey among my colleagues."

"The laughter told me everything I needed to know," Huntsman wrote. "It also underscores the fragile nature of this moment." The US ambassador also said that he has "been around politics long enough to understand the moment we face and the legitimate arguments on all sides."

On Tuesday, writer Robert Gehre had reportedly called for Huntsman to quit in a column published in the same media outlet, stressing that the US envoy works "for a pawn, not a president."

The column appeared a day after Helsinki hosted a historic summit between US President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin which sparked widespread criticism in US-based media.

Jon Huntsman earlier noted that the Helsinki summit would help decrease tensions between Russia and the United States, stressing the importance of starting a dialogue with Russia, because many international issues can only be resolved by both parties.

In April, Jon Huntsman expressed hope for an improvement in Washington-Moscow ties, which have deteriorated due to a number of issues, including the Ukraine crisis and alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 US presidential election.

22.07.2018 - Pentagon Allegedly Taken by Surprise Over Putin-Trump Military Agreements
Pentagon Allegedly Taken by Surprise Over Putin-Trump Military Agreements

Under a US law, passed by Congress in light of Crimea’s reunification with Russia, military-to-military cooperation between the United States and Russia is prohibited.

The Pentagon has reportedly been caught off guard after statements made by Moscow suggesting that presidents Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin had reached military agreements during the much-hyped Helsinki summit earlier this week.

Adding to the growing concerns among high-ranking officials, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis reportedly didn’t attend this week’s Cabinet meeting and preferred to stay out of the spotlight during Trump’s trip to Europe.

Just two days after the summit, Mattis, an outspoken critic of Russia, penned a letter to Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman John McCain on Wednesday, urging lawmakers negotiating a 2019 fiscal defense policy bill, to let the State Department waive sanctions on purchases of Russian military equipment by allies and partners.

As we impose necessary and well-justified costs on Russia for its malign behavior, at the same time there is a compelling need to avoid significant unintended damage to our long-term, national strategic interests,” Bloomberg News cited an excerpt from Mattis’ letter.

Reuters also reported, citing two US officials speaking on condition of anonymity that the Defense Secretary was ready to hold talks with his Russian counterpart Sergei Shoigu – the Pentagon, however, refused to comment. Moreover, it said it had not received any invitation from Russia for negotiations, despite last week’s remarks by Shoigu, suggesting that he had repeatedly invited the Pentagon chief, but had been turned down.

In the meantime, Russia has voiced a readiness to intensify military-to-military contacts with the United States.

The Russian Defense Ministry is ready for practical implementation of the agreements in the sphere of international security reached by Russian ad US Presidents, Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump, at their Monday’s summit in Helsinki,” the ministry’s spokesman, Maj. Gen. Igor Konashenkov said.

During the joint presser in Helsinki, Putin highlighted the “very useful experience of mutual coordination” between the Russian and US military in Syria, as they had “established the operational channels of communication,” which allow them to avoid any accidents and collisions in the air and on the ground. The Russian president stressed that it was essential to “work together further to interact on the disarmament agenda, military, and technical cooperation.”

22.07.2018 - Gigantic 'Trump Chicken' Clad as Prisoner to Sail Along San Francisco Coast
Gigantic 'Trump Chicken' Clad as Prisoner to Sail Along San Francisco Coast

Londoners' “Trump toddler,” who was pictured as crying his eyes out, downgraded to "Trump chicken" just a short while later, on the heels of Trump's landmark summit with Vladimir Putin.

A giant "Trump chicken" balloon dressed in prison uniform is due to sail off the San Francisco coast by a boat called “Alcatraz Prison Transport” on Sunday and will pass just a short distance from the island of Alcatraz, home to the notorious prison known as the “Big Coop,” according to The Hill.

Also, in line with today’s action, a GoFundMe page has been launched under the name "Send President Chicken Off To Jail" to raise funds for the chicken’s coastal adventures and boat rental.

It’s not the first time the 33-foot balloon has appeared before the public: it previously took to the waters during the San Francisco Tax March on April 15, 2017, and was reportedly seen near the White House later in February.

The protest echoes one recently organized by British campaigners as they took to the streets of the UK capital and launched a 20-foot "Trump Baby" balloon into the London skies to protest President Trump’s working visit there last week.

Conrad Black: “Donald Trump: A President Like No Other”
Published on May 22, 2018 (42:19 min.)

Ezra Levant of TheRebel.media interviews Conrad Black about his new book “Donald Trump: A President Like No Other”.

Note: I personally like Ezra Levant's interviews. He tends to ask "balanced" questions and does his homework before an interview, such is the case, with this interview with Conrad Black.

Black is acquainted with Politics and the various players and their backgrounds. Black's opinion of Trump and his work-ethics are inspiring. He describes Trump in terms of being hard working, not afraid to get his hands dirty in domestic work, yet is very much "the Boss" in terms of getting things done, right the first time and on schedule. Black actually worked on a business contract with Trump on a construction job, years ago and said that Trump met deadlines and accomplished what he said - he would. Black also goes into some aspects of Trump's family background and what Trump plans to accomplish for the US with his "Free Trade" plan.

Opinion: By:Srdja Trifkovic

Trump in Helsinki (II): A Long View
July 20, 2018
Five days after the Helsinki summit I am inclined to believe that President Donald Trump either knows exactly what he is doing—that there is uncanny finesse and foresight behind his bluster—or else that he is guided by an almost unfailing intuition, with similar results.

Trump’s refusal to parrot the Intel-deepstaters’ “Russiagate” narrative at last Monday’s press conference is a case in point. That refusal was perfectly justified, on factual as well as political and moral grounds. No evidence of any kind exists to prove Russian meddling in 2016, or thereafter. It never will be found, because Podesta’s and DNC mails were leaked, not hacked. The Meddling Myth is simply a tool the Deep State has used since December 2016 to torpedo Trump’s attempt at détente with Moscow. Its operatives saw it, rightly, as a threat to the maintenance of the neolib-neocon system of full-spectrum global dominance. It was right and proper for Trump to refuse to grand credibility to this narrative

The establishment went berserk. The key author of the Russiagate Lie John Brennan accused Trump of high crimes and misdemeanors. Commentators, politicians and former officials mentioned treason, blackmail, KGB Kompromat. The reaction has been so utterly unhinged, in fact, that it may be yielding unexpected results. According to a major survey released this week, only 45 percent of respondents said outside influence from foreign governments is a major problem in American elections: 68% of Democrats see “interference” as a problem, as opposed to only 22% of Republicans and 40% independents.

In other words, Trump has solidified his base and his foes may have overplayed their hand, not for the first time. This has always been his focus, rather than the hopeless task of winning over self-described Democrats. Furthermore, over one-half of Americans do not accept the Trumpophobic narrative. They must be watching the ongoing, 24/7 hatefest by Anderson Cooper, Rachel Maddow and other screamers with amusement, more likely annoyance. Now that the commentariat are routinely using the phrase “Trump has taken Putin’s word over that of our intelligence services” (an unsubtle attempt at suggesting that there is a collective “we” standing united here), it is to be expected that many hitherto skeptical minds will feel noxious at the thought that Messrs. Brennan, Comey, Strzok, the latter’s concubine, and their ilk, are indeed “ours” in any shape or form.

“The Summit with Russia was a great success, except with the real enemy of the people, the Fake News Media,” Trump wrote on Twitter on July 19. “I look forward to our second meeting so that we can start implementing some of the many things discussed.” Those things include terrorism, nuclear proliferation, trade, Ukraine, the Middle East, and North Korea. “The Fake News Media wants so badly to see a major confrontation with Russia,” he went on, “even a confrontation that could lead to war.”

It is of course possible and desirable to make a fair and enduring deal with Russia on all of those issues. The biggest problem for Trump is not how to keep his supporters loyal amidst the onslaught of raw hate and insanity. It is how to ensure that his own bureaucratic machine will follow and apply his vision, regardless of what Putin and he agreed in Helsinki last Monday or may yet agree in Washington next fall. The problem is that a chronically disloyal civil service apparatus—especially at the Department of State—actually subscribes to the Weltanschauung of Trump’s haters and detractors.

We have seen coups of sorts in Washington before, not that anyone one calls them that (remember JFK, Nixon). The one against Trump is of a different order of magnitude. It had been plotted by the Deep State even before he was inaugurated. Significant power nodes had always refused to acknowledge the legitimacy of this presidency, and after Helsinki they remain relentless, with the regime media machine in the vanguard.

This is without precedent here, but Deep State perpetrators did it with their regime-change operations elsewhere, and they worked. Now they are trying it at home. Robert Mueller is out to get Trump, probably on some sort of money-laundering rap having nothing to do with “Russian meddling.” The only way to defeat this coup, as I wrote in Chronicles over a year ago, is to proceed with shock and awe. Trump needs to keep changing the narrative on his enemies so as to keep them off balance. Doubling down on his populist domestic and foreign policy must be part of the countercoup, Russia included. Most self-described Republicans support Trump’s declared desire for constructive relations with Russia. This is a potentially winning policy, but he has to brave the hysteria as he well knows how to do, and go about reestablishing dominance over the national debate.
Read Part I here.

If the proof is so strong then let's see it, and let's not hear the 'it would damage national security' excuse. What's damaging is forcing an entire nation into believing lies. I'm guessing that Gowdy is naive/brainwashed. I'm sure he swallowed the 911 psyop as well.

Came across this today - perhaps it has already been posted somewhere on the forum, so apologies if so. What it is is titled 'The United States of Arms' and looks by video graphic of the arms distribution from 1950 - 2017. You have to keep watch to the left of the screen to see the counter of years, and if you are quick you can peg them to the stream flow of arms, their peaks and valleys proceeding wars or during wars or, on election cycles.

What it does not show is arms flows from all countries, which would be interesting because it is not of course just the US (although they have been and are the big guns on this BBM). When you really see it in this way, when you can envision the streams from all over the world, the depth and breadth of the arms flows (the distribution, economic costs and debt produced), it's staggering.

Here is the link to what it says:

U.S. weapons exports from 1950 to 2017. Data from the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute’s Arms Transfers Database. Units are expressed in trend indicator values (TIV). Each dot on the map = one TIV.
Visualization by Will Geary.

Notice the 'red' stream to Canada ending on the lower mid border in Saskatchewan adjacent to Manitoba - there are four military bases in that province and they don't seem to correspond to the graphic - and that is a big stream of something.

This thread is interesting to me personally as I am a voter and live in the US and I have posted on my facebook my beliefs which did cause a lot of grief for me at the time because people I thought were my friends could not or would not hear what I had to say about the matter. The truth is that all of us that have to live under this government are at the mercy of their power and my opinion is that the brainwashing is getting ramped up in the education of our children here and media. I used to say that I was republican and the democrats have it backwards but neither party is honest. Were just all people trying to live through this brainwashing power kick trying to vote for the lessor of evils. I really became angry at the woman marches as I was really disturbed that woman like Hillary Clinton and females from Hollywood Elite would stand at their podiums to speak for all woman of this country which just blew my mind because as a woman I was very much against their (every woman must be a victim) agenda and did not want other countries thinking that they held the torch for all woman in the US. At least they don't hold a torch for me. I was very thankful that I was able to discuss my discontent with the mentality all around me with my husband who is an avid reader of this sight and SOTT. My anger at the whole cluster mentality and brainwashing by people in power here so overwhelmed me that I was fit to be tied. But after reading several articles on here I was able to calm down a little and accept the beliefs of others and realize that maybe that is what they are supposed to believe. My thought was they don't pay my bills and I don't pay theirs so I move on and let it be. I actually listened to Trey Gowdy a lot and I thought he may be the voice for the people but after seeing and reading some of his commentary as of late I realize that he is just the voice of our government and is a go to person to calm the people so they can meet their agenda. I listened to a few videos of Putin prior to our presidential election and at one point had more respect for him then any government officials over our country. I have enjoyed reading the parts of this thread that I have due to it giving me perspective from others which I do think helps me grow better as a person. I am pretty sure that this Russian blame game occurring will keep being discussed until Trump is out of office. Just my two cents.

Protests will continue for a ninth consecutive night in front of the White House, with demonstrators expressing outrage over alleged treason committed by US President Donald Trump during his meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Helsinki, Finland. But the protest’s messaging and organizer are raising some eyebrows.

25.07.2018 - Quasi Cop, Clinton Adviser Rakes in 100K for 'Occupy' White House Protests
Quasi Cop, Clinton Adviser Rakes in $100K for ‘Occupy’ White House Protests

The protests, which bill themselves as a continuation of the 2011 Occupy Wall Street movement, are organized by Adam Parkhomenko, a longtime political operative for Hillary Clinton and a quasi police officer in Washington, DC.

On Monday night, he announced on Twitter he had raised "over $100,000 towards Kremlin Annex protests," using the Russophobic "resistance" nickname for the White House. On Saturday, he tweeted that he had raised more than $30,000 "overnight" to continue protests outside the White House accusing Trump of treason.

Adam Parkhomenko @AdamParkhomenko

Tomorrow we are going to have a process for organizations and individuals that want to host a night of protesting at #OccupyLafayettePark. If we all step up and take turns we can continue to make Donald Trump’s life hell and hopefully he will flee to Russia like Yanukovych.
12:16 AM - Jul 18, 2018

Trump was greeted as he arrived at the residence across from Washington's Lafayette Park the night of July 16 by hordes of beltway demonstrators, who awaited his return to the White House with shouts of "traitor!" They told the president to "Go back to Russia" after his high-level talks in Finland, Sputnik News reported

Since then, protesters have been out in full force in DC. Parkhomenko has "had fairly impressive turnout numbers given how many days he's been doing it. It's pretty hard to keep people interested for so long, especially in the rain," Ford Fischer, co-founder of the DC-based News2Share, an outlet which focuses on video reporting — primarily of protests — told Sputnik News Tuesday. Fischer has been to four of the demonstrations and plans on attending a fifth Tuesday night.

Parkhomenko, a Ukrainian-American born in the US, is somewhat of a wunderkind campaigner for former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, on whose behalf he's been working for for 15 years. In 2004, at age 17, Parkhomenko set up VoteHillary.org and ran Draft Hillary for President 2004. He was then hired by HillPAC, Clinton's political action committee.

In 2008, Parkhomenko worked as an assistant to Clinton campaign manager Solis Doyle, and after Clinton lost in the primary to Barack Obama, he started Vote Both, an expenditure committee to push Obama to draft Hillary Clinton as his vice presidential running mate. In 2013, he started the Ready for Hillary Super PAC, the ostensible aim of which was to persuade Clinton to run for president in 2016 (as if she needed persuading). In 2015, he left the PAC to become director of grassroots engagement for Clinton's official campaign.

The summer after Clinton bested primary opponent Bernie Sanders, Parkhomenko became national field director for the Democratic National Committee (DNC). Now, he runs the Party Majority PAC.

Perhaps Parkhomenko's galvanizing of young people to call for the impeachment of the president is intended to make amends for his prior mistakes; failing to address their concerns, the party's disregard for Black Lives Matter activists, and the Clinton campaign's inability to stir voters in key swing states.

In a 2015 email to Clinton presidential campaign chair John Podesta leaked by WikiLeaks, a campaigner complains of "blow back" from millenials canvassing for Clinton who complained of her "exploiting" them without pay and using the power of the Black Lives Matter movement to get ahead while denying it importance. The email was sent to Parkhomenko, whose response was then forwarded to Podesta. "I know it is a thing for folks. Not much we can do unless the campaign makes a change across the board, which seems very unlikely," he wrote.

As DNC chairwoman Donna Brazile became worried about Clinton's prospects in key swing states a month ahead of the vote, she tore out a page from a notepad and wrote "Michigan, Florida, Pennsylvania, and North Carolina" on it, handing it to Parkhomenko to be taken as his top priorities, according to the book "Shattered: Inside Hillary Clinton's Doomed Campaign." She went on to lose in all of those states.

Parkhomenko also echoed fake news in a Medium.com post complaining that RT America "actively collaborated with WikiLeaks and received ‘new leaks of secret information,'" an allegation referring to the Podesta leaks that has been thoroughly debunked.

While Parkhomenko isn't politicking, he's policing. He has moonlighted as a reserve officer in the District, winning the Metropolitan Police Department's (MPD) "Reserve Officer of the Year" award in 2010. Parkhomenko assisted in more than 90 arrests and has been "instrumental in the recovering of several firearms and at least nine stolen vehicles," his superiors told the Washington Post in 2016. He is even issued a firearm.

Parkhomenko derives thrill "from the hunt" of "the bad guy," Rob Baechtel, another DC reserve officer, said, though Parkhomenko's side gig came as news to his boss at the Clinton campaign, Marlon Marshall, when the Post sought comment from him. Parkhomenko would work in the campaign's Brooklyn headquarters during the day and often times at night, drive to DC to patrol its streets.

Now, Parkhomenko is continuing his more-or-less successful streak with fundraising through the Party Majority PAC. Evidently, the irony of a police officer organizing an "occupy" protest (the previous of incarnations of which drew international outrage over the brutality police unleashed on the protesters) is lost on the demonstrators and Parkhomenko's supporters.

Parkhomenko has been doing the fundraising through the Democrat crowdfunding platform Act Blue. KremlinAnnex.org now directs to the fundraising page there.The page refers to the Helsinki meetings as the "treason Summit." 18 U.S. Code § 2381 — Treason dictates that the punishment for the crimes Parkhomenko is accusing the president of could include a death sentence. Parkhomenko's header image on Twitter levies the accusation, potentially unaware of the capital punishment it could require. He also told the Observer that the Helsinki summit "has treason all over it."

A GoFundMe page created by Women's March for All has also raised more than $9,500 "to provide material support (yes, we mean this in the warfare term) of food and water and security as might be required to sustain protesters at Lafayette Square."

Fischer says it looks like a lot of the money being raised by Party Majority PAC is going towards props and putting on political entertainment for the demonstrators: "You can see from my recordings that it seems like a lot of the activism is based on really large visuals and sounds. It's a whole lot about having really large speakers — and I don't mean the people speaking — I mean the amplification equipment. I was not there the night they had a mariachi band but I believe those weren't activists; they actually hired a mariachi band. They had on one of the nights, they had two rappers and a drummer who had at least some marginal level of popularity, so it seems like the kind of presentation of the whole thing is to have high-level visuals and stuff like that."

According to the fundraiser, the mariachi band included 18 people. On Sunday. Parkhomenko announced on Twitter that "Tuesday will be the first day Trump and the White House understands what protesters are saying as we have hired an individual who will be translating what the protesters are saying from English to Russian very loudly."

"Obviously that's not for the benefit of Russians but for the benefit of making a point; pretending that Trump is a Russian," Fischer said.

Big guests at the protests have included US Representative Joaquin Castro (D-TX); Rep. Steve Cohen (D-TN), who made a name for himself in November 2017 for introducing five articles of impeachment against Trump; actress Alyssa Milano; Michael Avenatti, the lawyer for the porn actress Stormy Daniels, who has accused Trump of having extramarital relations with her; and longtime Clinton confidant and president of the Center for American Progress Neera Tanden, who was pictured at the demonstration giving the ‘black power fist' in front of a sign with homophobic allegations against Trump and Putin which suggested their relations went beyond either diplomacy or treason.

"The main message is about conflating Trump with Russia or claiming that Trump is an illegitimate president. It's a whole lot about impeaching him, it's a whole lot about whether Trump is eligible to govern based on his comments about Russian hacking," Fischer said. "It's basically about cutting down his legitimacy as the president."

Despite the protest organizer's background, Fischer says the demonstrators have been largely silent on Clinton, bringing her up "moreso when pro-Trump people are present."

If you ask the demonstrators, Trump is squarely in the pocket of big mother Russia. "The characterization of Putin is that he owns Trump. A really, really common thing is, they will chant in reference to I think it was Trump's second debate performance with Hillary, because Trump had said, ‘No, no, you're the puppet. You're the puppet,' right? So they chant: ‘Who's the puppet, you're the puppet,' referring to Donald."

Fischer highlighted the irony of the protest being one which promotes "national sovereignty."

"It's interesting because they're on the left but they're using, in a way, nationalist language, talking about national sovereignty in reference to the idea that Russia is controlling Trump; and that's been their attack against Russia, that it's meddling or that it's pulling the puppet strings of The Donald," Fischer told Sputnik News.

There's no end in sight for Parkhomenko's "Occupy" the White House protests. The fundraising page states: "We don't plan on stopping until Donald Trump is gone."

25.07.2018 - Kremlin Aid Says Putin, Trump Discussed Issue of Donbass Referendum in Helsinki
Kremlin Aide Says Putin, Trump Discussed Issue of Donbass Referendum in Helsinki

Russian President Vladimir Putin and US President Donald Trump discussed at the Helsinki summit the issue of holding a referendum in Donbass on the status of the People’s Republic of Donetsk (DPR) and the People’s Republics of Lugansk (LPR), Kremlin aide Yury Ushakov said.

On July 19, the Bloomberg news agency reported, citing two people who were in attendance at a closed-door speech of Putin, that the leader, during his recent meeting with Trump in Helsinki, said he had proposed holding a referendum in eastern Ukraine under the auspices of international organizations so that local residents could determine the status of the breakaway territories themselves.

This proposal was discussed, however no reaction has followed yet," Ushakov told Izvestia newspaper in an interview published on Wednesday.

On July 20, Russian Ambassador to the United States Anatoly Antonov said that specific proposals on settling the conflict in eastern Ukraine were made at the Helsinki summit.

Ushakov added that Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and US State Secretary Mike Pompeo within the framework of the Helsinki summit discussed the issue of Russian diplomatic property in the United States.

"As far as I know, when Minister Lavrov negotiated with Pompeo, they raised this issue," Ushakov added.

The conflict in Donbass started in 2014, when Ukrainian authorities launched a military operation against the self-proclaimed Donetsk and Lugansk people's republics that refused to recognize the new government in Kiev, which came to power after what they considered to be a coup. In February 2015, the warring parties signed the Minsk peace accords to end the hostilities in the region. Despite this, the situation has remained tense, with both parties accusing each other of ceasefire violations.

25.07.2018 - Trump Reportedly Stops Releasing Transcripts of Talks With Foreign Leaders
Trump Reportedly Stops Releasing Transcripts of Talks With Foreign Leaders

The White House has suspended the practice of releasing readouts of US President Donald Trump's telephone conversations with foreign leaders, media reported, citing informed sources.

According to CNN broadcaster, the White House has not published summaries of Trump's phone conversations with his counterparts since mid-June, when the US leader held a phone conversation with Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban and congratulated him on re-election.

However, over the past two weeks, Trump has had at least two phone talks with foreign leaders, including Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. These conversations were confirmed by the White House only after media reported about them, however, the administration has provided no details about the talks.

A White House spokesperson declined to comment to the broadcaster on whether this suspension is temporary or permanent. According to the spokesperson, these readouts are still released for internal use in the White House.

24.07.2018 - US Lawmakers Demand Hearing Into Putin's Alleged 'Manipulation' of Trump
US Lawmakers Demand Hearing Into Putin's Alleged 'Manipulation' of Trump

The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee needs to hold a hearing with Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats to investigate concerns that Russian President Vladimir Putin could be manipulating US President Donald Trump, Vice Ranking Member Gerry Connolly and Ranking Member Elijah Cummings said on Tuesday.

"We are writing to request that you convene an immediate hearing on the Trump-Putin summit that took place in Helsinki last week and the extent to which President Donald Trump is currently being manipulated by President Vladimir Putin," the lawmakers said in a letter to Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy.

The letter also said that the committee must hold a hearing with DNI Coats and any other witnesses who can discuss the threat posed by Russia to the US because the possibility that Putin is manipulating Trump is a matter of national security which deserves urgent attention.

In a Twitter message on Monday, Trump said he gave up "NOTHING" to Putin and merely "talked about future benefits for both countries." The US President addressed a series of disapproving comments, made by the US lawmakers and officials, after he had held the Russian leader in Helsinki.

According to the critics, Trump undermined the US intelligence by casting doubt on allegations that Russia interfered in the 2016 presidential election. Later the US President tried to revoke his statement, saying he holds Putin responsible for the alleged "meddling".

Russia has repeatedly denied the allegations of meddling, calling them absurd and adding that the US never presented any evidence in order to support those claims. During the Helsinki summit with Trump, Putin stated the Moscow "never interfered and is not going to interfere into internal American affairs including election process."

If the proof is so strong then let's see it, and let's not hear the 'it would damage national security' excuse. What's damaging is forcing an entire nation into believing lies. I'm guessing that Gowdy is naive/brainwashed. I'm sure he swallowed the 911 psyop as well.

Later on in that same interview he also said:

https://www.sott.net/article/391753-Trey-Gowdy-No-evidence-Trump-colluded-Schiff-would-have-leaked-it said:
"I have not seen one scintilla of evidence that this president colluded, conspired, collaborated, with Russia. And neither has anyone else, or you can rest assured, Adam Schiff would have leaked it," Gowdy said.

"That is why they have moved on from collusion on to obstruction of justice, which is now their current preoccupation," he added.

So he says that he's seen enough evidence, whatever that alleged evidence is, to know that Russia is not our friend, but has kept his faculties with regards to the fact that Trump did not collude with Russia. So what exactly was presented to him that "proves beyond any evidentiary burden" that Russia is evil?

I'm wondering if it's what we've seen being touted in the media for the past several years with regards to Ukraine, Crimea, bombing innocent people in Syria, etc., but in his case he's getting it directly from intelligence agencies and not the media and so he's more willing to trust it. Don't know, but it's sad to see such a sharp mind get twisted by lies.

Later on in that same interview he also said:

So he says that he's seen enough evidence, whatever that alleged evidence is, to know that Russia is not our friend, but has kept his faculties with regards to the fact that Trump did not collude with Russia. So what exactly was presented to him that "proves beyond any evidentiary burden" that Russia is evil?

I'm wondering if it's what we've seen being touted in the media for the past several years with regards to Ukraine, Crimea, bombing innocent people in Syria, etc., but in his case he's getting it directly from intelligence agencies and not the media and so he's more willing to trust it. Don't know, but it's sad to see such a sharp mind get twisted by lies.

In layman terms, I think what might be confusing is the "legal terminology of the phase - “It can be proven beyond any evidentiary burden ..."? Gowdy might be playing "a bait and switch " game - to help "drain the swamp" of Hillary/Obama left overs?

Evidentiary Standards and Burdens of Proof
Evidentiary Standards and Burdens of Proof Overview :: Justia

In almost every legal proceeding, the parties are required to adhere to important rules known as evidentiary standards and burdens of proof. These rules determine which party is responsible for putting forth enough evidence to either prove or defeat a particular claim and the amount of evidence necessary to accomplish that goal.

The Burden of Proof - The burden of proof determines which party is responsible for putting forth evidence and the level of evidence they must provide in order to prevail on their claim. In most cases, the plaintiff (the party bringing the claim) has the burden of proof.

The burden of proof has two components. First, the plaintiff must satisfy the burden of production, which has also been referred to as the burden of going forward. As the terms suggest, this burden requires the plaintiff to put forth evidence in the form of witness testimony, documents, or objects. After the plaintiff presents his or her case-in-chief, the burden of production shifts to the defendant, who then has the opportunity to provide evidence either rebutting the plaintiff’s evidence or supporting the defendant’s own arguments.

Evidentiary Standards in Civil Cases - Preponderance of the Evidence - Second, the plaintiff must satisfy the burden of persuasion. This burden determines which standard of proof the plaintiff must follow in presenting evidence to the judge or jury. A standard of proof determines the amount of evidence the plaintiff or defendant needs to provide in order for the jury to reach a particular determination. In most civil cases, the burden of persuasion that applies is called “a preponderance of the evidence.” This standard requires the jury to return a judgment in favor of the plaintiff if the plaintiff is able to show that a particular fact or event was more likely than not to have occurred. Some scholars define the preponderance of the evidence standard as requiring a finding that at least 51 percent of the evidence favors the plaintiff’s outcome.

July 22, 2018 - Gowdy Says Trump’s Advisers Should Quit Over Russia
https://politicalwire.com/2018/07/22/gowdy-says-trumps-advisers-should-quit-over-russia/

House Oversight Chairman Trey Gowdy chastised Donald Trump for inviting Russian President Vladimir Putin to Washington, saying that some members of the president’s administration should consider quitting if Trump won’t listen to their advice, Politico reports.

Said Gowdy: “It can be proven beyond any evidentiary burden that Russia is not our friend and they tried to attack us in 2016. So the president either needs to rely on the people that he has chosen to advise him, or those advisers need to reevaluate whether or not they can serve in this administration. But the disconnect cannot continue.”

July 25, 2018 - Trump delays proposed Putin meeting until 2019
Trump delays proposed Putin meeting until 2019

The Trump administration on Wednesday sought to fend off accusations the president is too soft on Russia, putting off a proposed second summit with Russian leader Vladimir Putin and declaring the U.S. will never recognize Russia's 2014 annexation of Crimea.

As members of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee peppered Secretary of State Mike Pompeo with demands for details about last week's summit in Finland, the White House said President Donald Trump had opted against trying to arrange another meeting with Putin this fall. Putin already had sent signals that he wasn't interested in coming to Washington.

National security adviser John Bolton cited special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election as the reason for the delay, although many members of Congress had objected to the meeting and said Putin would not be welcome on Capitol Hill.

"The President believes that the next bilateral meeting with President Putin should take place after the Russia witch hunt is over, so we've agreed that it will be after the first of the year," Bolton said in a statement, using Trump's favored but highly controversial term for the Mueller probe.

While the statement signaled optimism that the Mueller probe would be completed by the end of this year, no timetable has been given for when it will be wrapped up and it could very well stretch into 2019.

The White House said last week that Trump had directed Bolton to invite Putin to visit Washington in the fall, moving quickly for a follow-up meeting amid the backlash over Trump's performance at a news conference with Putin following their Helsinki summit.

In his testimony, Pompeo faced often-contentious questioning from senators demanding information about what Trump discussed with Putin while they were alone for nearly two hours with only translators present.

Pompeo struggled to answer, insisting the president is entitled to have private meetings but stressing that he had a full understanding of the discussion. Heated questions were also posed about North Korea, NATO and Iran.

"It's not for me to disclose the content of those conversations," Pompeo said in response to one such barrage of questions.

The committee chairman, Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tenn., who set a contentious tone for the hearing by telling Pompeo that senators "are filled with serious doubts about this White House and its conduct of American foreign policy," later said those doubts are due to Trump's frequent contradictory statements on the Russia probe and assaults on allies.

"It's the president that causes people to have concerns," Corker said.

Pompeo replied by saying that some of Trump's comments "actually achieve important policy outcomes," but the administration should be judged by its actions rather than the president's words.

He later clarified that the president's words are indeed policy, prompting an angry exchange with the ranking committee member, Sen. Bob Menendez, D-N.J. Menendez said that Pompeo, a former Republican congressman from Kansas, would have been so angry that he would have had to have been peeled off the ceiling of the Capitol if President Barack Obama had said and done some of the same things as Trump.

Pompeo, whom Democrats accused of playing politics with the investigation into the 2012 attack on U.S. facilities in Benghazi, Libya, accused Menendez of pursuing a "political soliloquy" but then declined the opportunity to respond. Menendez had earlier accused the administration of holding "incoherent and contradictory views" on foreign policy and the president himself of being "misleading and untruthful" in describing his positions.

In an unsuccessful bid to blunt some of the hostile questioning, particularly on Russia, Pompeo before the hearing issued a statement titled the "Crimea Declaration" in which he said the U.S. will continue to insist that Ukraine's territorial integrity be restored. He said the U.S. would hold to its long-standing principle of refusing to recognize Kremlin claims of sovereignty over territory seized by force in violation of international law. And he called for Russia to respect principles it claims to respect and "end its occupation of Crimea."

The spokeswoman for the Russian Foreign Ministry brushed off the Crimea Declaration as just another U.S. policy that could easily change in the future. In a Facebook posting, Maria Zakharova cited the Iran nuclear deal and the Paris climate accord — two Obama-era deals that Trump scrapped.

"We know the value of these 'fateful declarations,'" she said.

Russia has said Crimean voters approved the annexation in a referendum. The U.S. and its European allies have said the referendum was deeply flawed and illegal, as it was held without the consent of the government in Kiev. Pompeo told senators that U.S. sanctions imposed in response to the annexation would remain in place until and unless Russia returns Crimea to Ukrainian sovereignty.

He also pushed back on allegations the Trump administration has been weak or subservient to Russia over Ukraine or its meddling in the election. He noted that the administration had just days ago provided the Ukraine government with an additional $200 million in military equipment and maintained that the administration was serious about combatting Russian interference in the U.S. and Western democracies. He said he agreed that additional sanctions could be "constructive" to that end.

Pompeo said he had personally told top Russian officials that there will be "severe consequences" for any interference in U.S. elections or the American democratic process. He said that Trump, despite his denigration of the Mueller probe, accepts that there was Russian interference in the 2016 election and fully understands the threat posed by Moscow.

"He has a complete and proper understanding of what happened," Pompeo said of Trump.

26.07.2018 - Pompeo Tight-Lipped in Senate Grilling, Defends Trump's Right to Private Talks
Pompeo Tight-Lipped in Senate Grilling, Defends Trump’s Right to Private Talks

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo was grilled before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee Wednesday over US President Donald Trump’s private meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Helsinki, Finland.

As is often the case for politically contentious Congressional testimonies, the substance of the senators' questioning was divided along party lines. But Republican senators didn't completely tow the line of the Trump administration: in opening statements, Sen. Bob Corker (R-TN), who chairs the committee, bemoaned "the lack of information the administration has provided to this committee."

Later, Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ), said he supported the Trump-Putin summit but objected to the fact that it took place privately, arguing that Russian media have been able to do far more reporting on the summit's details than US media. Pompeo countered by citing closed-door conversations with North Koreans he had. "We didn't issue a readout on the conversations, quite intentionally, and the North Korean press chose to characterize those conversations. We thought it was in America's best interest not to respond tit-for-tat about the nature of that conversation… it's the North Korean press," Pompeo said, laughing. "I assume that most reasonable people will discount it fairly significantly, the same way one might the Russian press."

Department of State

@StateDept

.@SecPompeo before Senate Foreign Relations Committee: @POTUS has stated his firm conviction that diplomacy and engagement are preferable to conflict and hostility.
4:39 PM - Jul 25, 2018

Pompeo stressed that in private talks, you get to "have the chance to do that again because you thought you could make real progress with that person."

In his opening statements, Sen. Bob Menendez (D-NJ) appeared to contradict himself in bemoaning various US posturings. "All we've come to expect is a sabre-rattling president who embraces and provides legitimacy to some of the world's most notorious bad actors and who denigrates our closest allies," he said. "We've not seen any substantive deals… we've seen our president look weak as he stands beside our adversaries."

When Pompeo's turn to open came, he assured the committee that Trump was being tough on Russia, announcing that the US will never recognize Crimea as part of Russia, and proceeding to cite a number of policies Trump has enacted that are hostile to Russia.

Menendez and Pompeo went through heated back-and-forths over what was discussed in the Helsinki meeting, with the secretary seeking to protect the privacy of the talks. "I understand the game you're playing," Pompeo said.

Published on Jul 25, 2018 (7:15 min.)

Later, Pompeo highlighted the previously disclosed topics discussed between the world leaders: increasing business-to-business exchange between nationals of the two countries; options for collaboration in Syria in terms of ensuring the ability of "externally displaced people," i.e. refugees to return through a political agreement in Geneva; and an agreement to disagree on Ukraine.

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) took most of his allotted five minutes — in fact, he used up seven — to complain about China, but also stressed the importance of a bill to "define interference, okay? So it's not just five Russian guys on Twitter," underscoring the obfuscated nature of the meddling allegations against Russia. Other measures would be intended to ensure that the US is better prepared to retaliate should Russia or any other country interfere in US democratic processes, as has been alleged following the 2016 presidential election.

Sen. Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH) asked Pompeo about whether Trump and Putin discussed decreasing the US presence in Syria, and Pompeo said that there had been no change in US policy since the summit. He kept his lips pressed on whether Iran's presence in Syria was discussed, saying that it was "not for me to disclose," but conceded that Iran has been central to US positioning in Syria and that he was "confident" it would remain so. Pompeo did confirm that issues with Syria as they relate to Israel were, in fact, discussed.

Published on Jul 25, 2018 (7:00 min.)

Pompeo told Flake that he wouldn't characterize North Korea as having "walked back on commitments" made to the US and would not disclose agreements with them made in private. In addition, he noted that North Korean leader Kim Jong Un agreed orally to things that weren't in the written agreement concluded with Trump in June, such as the disassembly of a missile engine test site which Pompeo confirmed is underway.

Pompeo told Menendez earlier in the hearing that North Korea "understands the US' definition of denuclearization" and has agreed to follow through on it. However, he later told Sen. Ed Markey (D-MA) that North Korea "continues to produce fissile material."

When asked by Sen. Cory Gardner (R-CO) whether North Korea is making advancements in their nuclear program, Pompeo asked to take the question behind closed doors.

Flake also referred back to Trump's floating of the idea of allowing former US Ambassador to the UN Michael McFaul to be interviewed by Russian officials in a criminal investigation. "It took the White House a full three days" to decline, he noted, "but the State Department quickly said that that was inappropriate."

"You give me a little bit too much credit," Pompeo replied. "I'm doing my level best every day to implement the president's policies. That statement was from the United States' president's State Department."

26.07.2018 - US Lawmakers File to Impeach DOJ's Rod Rosenstein, Who Oversees Mueller Probe (Copy of Resolution)
US Lawmakers File to Impeach DOJ's Rod Rosenstein, Who Oversees Mueller Probe

Two US House of Representatives members, Mark Meadows (R-NC) and Jim Jordan (R-OH), announced Wednesday they had filed a resolution to impeach Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who is overseeing Special Counsel Robert Mueller's probe into alleged Russian meddling in the US election system.

Meadows announced the resolution filing via Twitter, saying "we have had enough."

Mark Meadows @RepMarkMeadows

I just filed a resolution with @Jim_Jordan and several colleagues to impeach Rod Rosenstein. The DOJ has continued to hide information from Congress and repeatedly obstructed oversight--even defying multiple Congressional subpoenas.

We have had enough.
7:01 PM - Jul 25, 2018

The resolution has nine co-sponsors.

ABC noted that since this is not a privileged resolution, it doesn't have to be acted on quickly.

US President Donald Trump has made no secret of his enmity toward Rosenstein, either.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

I am being investigated for firing the FBI Director by the man who told me to fire the FBI Director! Witch Hunt
9:07 AM - Jun 16, 2017

Interestingly, both Meadows and Jordan were "shadow banned" on Twitter earlier Wednesday, Sputnik News reported, a practice that Twitter denies engaging in but in which searching for certain accounts on the social media site via the drop-down menu becomes impossible. Vice News published an expose of shadow-banning in practice Wednesday.

In the press release distributed Wednesday night, the lawmakers said: The impeachment articles come as evidence continues to mount regarding the Department of Justice's problematic decision-making during the 2016 campaign and conduct surrounding the transition to President Trump's administration in 2017. The impeachment articles are the result of nearly 9 months of unsuccessful Congressional attempts to force the Department of Justice (DOJ) to comply with oversight requests.

The failures cited within the articles include intentionally withholding embarrassing documents and information, knowingly hiding material investigative information from Congress, various abuses of the FISA process, and failure to comply with Congressional subpoenas, among others."

Multiple times we've caught DOJ officials hiding information from Congress, withholding relevant documents, or even outright ignoring Congressional subpoenas — and now we have evidence that Mr. Rosenstein signed off on a document using unverified political opposition research as a cornerstone of a FISA application to spy on an American citizen working for the Trump campaign."

"Multiple times we've caught DOJ officials hiding information from Congress, withholding relevant documents, or even outright ignoring Congressional subpoenas — and now we have evidence that Mr. Rosenstein signed off on a document using unverified political opposition research as a cornerstone of a FISA application to spy on an American citizen working for the Trump campaign."

"This level of conduct, paired with the failure to even feign and interest in transparency, is reprehensible. And whether you're a Republican or a Democrat, this kind of obstruction is wrong — period."

"The stonewalling over this last year has been just as bad or worse than under the Obama administration," Meadows said in a statement released Wednesday evening. "For 9 months we've warned them consequences were coming, and for 9 months we've heard the same excuses backed up by unacceptable conduct. Time is up and the consequences are here. It's time to find a new Deputy Attorney General who is serious about accountability and transparency."

Despite its claim to be investigating supposed Russian meddling in the US electoral process and possible collusion with Trump's presidential campaign, Mueller's indictments of Trump's campaign officials have only targeted white collar crimes that happened before Trump even announced his candidacy. House lawmakers have pressed for the Mueller indictment to end and as Number 2 in the DOJ, Rosenstein is the person in charge of that process.

26.07.2018 - Trump Advised by Kissinger to Cozy Up with Russia to Contain China - Reports
Trump Advised by Kissinger to Cozy Up With Russia to Contain China – Reports

The former secretary of state is best known for his concept of triangular diplomacy, which Washington used during the Nixon administration in the 1970s to break the Sino-Soviet alliance and to improve US relations with Beijing.

Henry Kissinger advised President Donald Trump to try to improve relations with Russia in a bid to try to isolate China during the presidential transition in late 2016 and early 2017, five sources said have been briefed on Kissinger's discussions with the president told The Daily Beast.

Kissinger offered similar advice to senior Trump advisor Jared Kushner, one source said. White House and Capitol Hill insiders told the outlet that officials from the State Department, the Pentagon and the National Security Council proposed a similar strategy to Trump.

A source told the outlet that "looking out over [the] long term, there is a belief in the administration that Moscow will see Beijing as its greatest geopolitical foe – just like Washington does now – and that could set up a rapprochement with America."

"But it is very far out into the future," the source added.

Kissinger voiced his support for last week's summit between President Putin and President Trump in Helsinki, but lamented that the meeting had been "submerged by American domestic issues."

"It was a meeting that had to take place. I have advocated it for several years," Kissinger said. Stressing that nations today face a "very, very grave period for the world," the former secretary of state said that Trump "may be one of those figures in history who appears from time to time to mark the end of an era and to force it to give up its old pretenses."

According to The Daily Beast's sources, US strategists promoting a pivot toward Russia were also looking to engage the Philippines, India, Japan, Middle Eastern countries and other actors to serve as a "counterweight" to the presumed Chinese threat to US hegemony.

The practicality of Kissinger's vision of turning Russia against China is questionable. Last month, President Putin paid a state visit to Beijing on the invitation of President Xi, where he said that cooperation with the People's Republic had reached "an unprecedented level." In Beijing, Putin signed numerous economic agreements and treaties on cooperation in nuclear power, space, and the Arctic. Moscow and Beijing also announced their intention to deepen strategic cooperation and coordination in the face of a "complex international situation."

Following last week's summit between Putin and Trump, a former Trump administration official told the outlet that the president was trying to pull a reverse "Nixon-China play." The official added that Russia and China were "cozying up to each other," and warned that it would be "a lethal combination" for the United States "if they're together."

Relations between the US and China have suffered a hit under Trump's presidency, with long-term tensions over the South China Sea exacerbated by the trade war launched by the president in a bid to improve the trade balance. The Chinese government has condemned Washington's tariff policy and vowed to respond in kind. Trump had attacked China over trade throughout his 2016 presidential campaign.

26.07.2018 - Iranian Commander to Trump: You Will Start War, We Will End It
Iranian Commander to Trump: You Will Start War, We Will End It

Tensions between Iran and the United States have been mounting rapidly, with Washington trading threats with Tehran and vowing to impose oil trade blockade.

Major-General Qassem Soleimani, head of the elite Quds Force of Iran's Revolutionary Guard Corps, said, addressing to US President Donald Trump, that his forces are "ready to confront the US" if Trump proceeds with his warnings that Iran will bear consequences "the likes of which few throughout history have ever suffered."

"You know that this war will destroy all that you possess. You will start this war but we will be the ones to impose its end. Therefore you have to be careful about insulting the Iranian people and the president of our Republic," the top Iranian general said in a speech quoted by Iran's Al Alam TV broadcaster in the Arabic language.

The day before, Iran's Revolutionary Guards' Chief Major-General Mohammad Ali Jafari stated that the US oil threats against Iran "can be easily answered."

Soleimani's statement comes in response to Washington’s efforts to force the US allies to completely abandon imports of Iranian oil. Tehran, in turn, has threatened to block oil from passing through the Strait of Hormuz, which could lead to global markets' disruption since 30 percent of all seaborne crude oil is shipped through this strait.

Tensions between the two countries began to rise after Trump odered to withdraw the US from the nuclear deal with Iran, also called the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Actions (JCPOA), in May. After abandoning the agreement, which stipulated lifting of anti-Iranian sanctions in exchange for concessions on its nuclear program, Washington vowed to re-impose restrictive measures. In addition, US Secretary of the Treasury Steven Mnuchin emphasized that the United States was ready to slap sanctions on every country that continued to import oil from Iran after the November 4 deadline.

24.07.2018 - Trump Says US Ready to Make 'Real Deal' on Iran Nuke Program
Trump Says US Ready to Make 'Real Deal' on Iran Nuke Program

US President Donald Trump stated that Washington was ready to make a "real deal" on the Iranian nuclear program.

"We'll see what happens, but we're ready to make a real deal, not the deal that was done by the previous administration, which was a disaster," the American head of state said during his address to the Veterans of Foreign Wars.

Rouhani had directed his warning at the US president on Sunday, stating that "America should know that peace with Iran is the mother of all peace, and war with Iran is the mother of all wars." Trump responded in all caps, warning Rouhani against "ever threatening the US again," stressing potential dire consequences "the likes of which few throughout history have ever suffered before."

US-Iranian relations have soured to a great extent since May 8, when President Donald Trump announced the United States's pullout from the 2015 Iran nuclear deal, which oversaw the step-by-step lifting of the anti-Iran sanctions in exchange for Tehran maintaining the peaceful nature of its nuclear program. In addition, Trump voiced a decision to reinstate harsh sanctions against the country.

In late June, the US State Department said that the White House was seeking to talk its allies into completely halting their imports of Iranian oil and having any business ties with the country by early November. US Secretary of the Treasury Steven Mnuchin emphasized that the United States was ready to slap sanctions on any country which would continue to import oil from Iran after the deadline of November 4.

22.07.2018 - Soccer Ball Given to Trump By Putin Gets Security Screening
Soccer Ball Given to Trump By Putin Gets Security Screening

During their meeting in Helsinki, Russian President Putin presented the soccer ball to Trump after the latter congratulated Russia with successfully hosting the World Cup.

25.07.2018 - Soccer Ball Putin Presented to Trump Contains Built-In Transmitter - Reports
Soccer Ball Putin Presented to Trump Contains Built-In Transmitter - Reports

The soccer ball presented as a gift to US President Donald Trump from his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin during the Helsinki summit
contains a chip capable of transmitting information to nearby cell phones, Bloomberg reports.

The media outlet notes however that the chip in question isn’t some kind of high-tech gadget but a new feature of the Adidas AG ball: an near-field communication tag which "allows fans to access player videos, competitions and other content by bringing their mobile devices close to the ball."

"The feature is included in the 2018 FIFA World Cup match ball that’s sold on the Adidas website for $165 (reduced to $83 in the past week),” Bloomberg states, adding that Adidas declined to comment if the chip could be employed by Russian hackers to stage possible cyber-attack.

The Hill also points out that the ball underwent a security screening by the US Secret Service, as is customary for all the gifts given to US president.

US President Donald Trump would be interested in visiting Russia if he received an invitation, but in the meantime, looks forward to having Russian President Vladimir Putin at the White House sometime after January 1, 2019, White House spokesperson Sarah Huckabee Sanders said in a statement on Friday.

27.07.2018 - Trump Open to Visiting Moscow, Hopes to Host Putin After January 1 - White House
Trump Open to Visiting Moscow, Hopes to Host Putin After January 1 - White House

President Trump looks forward to having President Putin to Washington after the first of the year, and he is open to visiting Moscow upon receiving a formal invitation," Sanders said.

The White House said that Trump planned to invite Putin for a visit this fall, but on Wednesday, National Security Adviser John Bolton said the visit would be postponed until after January 1, 2019, due to the ongoing Russia investigation into allegations of meddling in the 2016 US presidential election. Russia has repeatedly denied the allegations characterizing them as groundless.

Earlier in the day, during the press conference held soon after the BRICS summit, Vladimir Putin revealed that he had invited the president of the US Donald Trump to Moscow, however, he also admitted that if the US side could provide a proper working environment, he would himself visit Washington for negotiations.

27.07.2018 - Putin on Possible Meeting With Trump> I'm Ready to Visit Washington
Putin on Possible Meeting With Trump: I'm Ready to Visit Washington

Russian President Vladimir Putin held a press conference on the last day of the BRICS summit in the South African city of Johannesburg that started on July 25.

Speaking at the press conference that followed the BRICS summit, Vladimir Putin said that he had invited his US counterpart Donald Trump to visit Moscow, but was ready himself to go to Washington for talks if there are appropriate conditions for work.

"As regards meetings, I fully understand that President Trump has a desire to hold further meetings. And I am ready for this. But necessary conditions for work should be created. We are ready for meetings in our countries as well. We are ready to invite President Trump to Moscow. By the way, he has such an invitation, I have invited him… I am also ready to go to Washington. But let me repeat — if there are appropriate conditions for work," Putin told a press conference after the BRICS Summit.

The Russian leader noted that he might meet with Trump at other international fora, including the G20.

Russia doesn't renounce the US dollar as the euro can't claim the same level of universality yet, Vladimir Putin said at the press conference, adding though that the restrictions on transactions in the dollar were a huge mistake made by the US.

According to the Russian president, the fight against terrorism, coordination of trade and economic policies remain main areas of BRICS work

"One of the directions — we have discussed this at previous meetings and have touched upon this one way or another during this meeting — is fight against terrorism, coordination of our activities in the area of politics, economy in the broadest sense," Putin told a press conference after the BRICS Summit.

At the same time, Putin noted that there were no plans to increase the number of BRICS member-states yet.

"BRICS plus 'outreach' formats have been established, and we have agreed that for the time being, we would use these formats in order to expand the zone of our influence, to involve in our activities those states that share the principles and values on the basis of which the organization works. We do not plan to increase the number of BRICS members now because those formats that have developed show their effectiveness," Putin said.

An informal group of regional leaders, BRICS is an acronym referring to Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa. The team ‘BRIC' was coined in 2001 by a Goldman Sachs economist to describe four emerging economies, which were expected to rival the G7 countries in terms of GDP. In 2010, they invited South Africa to join the club.

LIVE: Vladimir Putin Holds Press Conference at BRICS Summit
July 27, 2018 (19:21 min.)

27.07.2018 - Putin Names One of Trump's Strongest Character Traits
Putin Names One of Trump's Strongest Character Traits

President Vladimir Putin has said that one of President Donald Trump's strongest character traits is his determination to fulfill the promises he made during the election campaign.

"You know, one of the great virtues of President Trump is that he strives to fulfill his promises, above all to his voters – the American people," Putin said, speaking to reporters at the BRICS summit in Johannesburg, South Africa on Friday.

"This, incidentally, is a specific character trait of the current president (and a positive one I think), because as a rule, after the elections, more often than not, leaders tend to forget what they promised their people when heading into the election. With Trump that's not the case. You might criticize him for what he does, and many engage in such criticism, but one thing is clear: that he's trying to fulfil his election promises," Putin added.

Putin emphasized that the Russian side is ready for further negotiations with the US at the highest levels. "We are ready to invite President Trump to Moscow. Incidentally, he has an invitation; I told him about it. I am also ready to visit Washington, D.C. But again, the right conditions must be in place," Putin said.

‘First-time’ kiss with Trump caught EU’s Juncker by surprise
28 Jul, 2018 08:31
EU Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker, known for his heartfelt greetings, said the recent kiss on the cheek with US President Donald Trump in the Oval Office somehow took him by surprise.

After Juncker’s visit to Washington on Thursday, Trump boasted of “breakthrough” results amid the ongoing trade war. In an apparent bid to demonstrate improved relations between the US and its European allies, Trump tweeted a picture of himself and Juncker in an embrace, with the EU Commission chief kissing Trump’s cheek.

Juncker seemed rather shy in speaking about the kiss.

“Surprisingly and in contrast to my usual behavior, the initiative did not come from me,” he said, adding that he was unaware that another photographer was present in the room. “It actually summed up the ambiance of the moment well. And it was Trump who published the picture, not me.”

He also said the kiss with Trump was the first of its kind.
“I think that was the first time,” the head of the EU Commission told German public broadcaster ARD.

The 63-year-old Juncker is indeed known for his heartfelt greetings. In 2016, he was caught on camera making ‘friendly’ gestures which included slapping several fellow leaders on the face. This prompted an avalanche of speculation over whether he had imbibed a bit too much booze.

In mid-June, Juncker was filmed stumbling and losing his balance at NATO headquarters, which again led some to believe he may have been drunk. It later emerged, however, that Juncker suffered from a painful sciatica attack.

This film's plot reminds me of a rumor making the rounds on 4Chan, just prior to Trump's Inauguration, that a Russian submarine was stationed just off Virginia, in International waters, to help rescue Trump - in the event of a Military Coup?

28.07.2018 - Twitter Users Chuckle Over New Film Where US Navy SEALs Save Russian President
Twitter Users Chuckle Over New Film Where US Navy SEALs Save Russian President

The trailer for Hunter Killer, a Hollywood action film set to be released later this year, prompted a lukewarm reaction among Russian film buffs, who couldn't get over the movie's audacious plot.

The Lionsgate film, staring Gerard Butler and Gary Oldman, tells the story of the crew of an US sub patrolling in the Arctic Ocean which has been informed that the Russian military has initiated a coup against the government. To prevent global war, the brave officers hatch a daring operation to save the Russian president.

The plot of the film, which is set for worldwide release in October, proved too much for some Russian social media users.

Ah geez, have they run out of people to save? Friggin heroes…" one user wrote. "Who is he being rescued from? From the Americans themselves?" a second asked. "You don't say. From whom is he being saved?…These guys sure have a good imagination," another chimed in.

"Basically, the Americans have shot a film about an armed coup in Russia (which is a real wet dream for them!). And the 'rescued Russian president' is probably a puppet, like the drunken Yeltsin. Does anyone realy want to watch this wretched film?" one user asked.

We should make a film about how our military saves American democracy after it is encroached on by White Helmets who have been nurtured and resettled throughout the US," one user quipped. "It's time for us to save President Trump and America, for example, from the Yellowstone volcano, the Klu Klux Klan, and the 'Democratic' Party," another suggested.

"Lord have mercy! Is this a comedy? Are they going to rescue our president in the same submarine that got stuck in the ice a little while ago?" another joker asked.

Directed by Donovan Marsh and based on the 2012 novel Firing Point by Don Kieth and George Wallace, Hunter Killer is scheduled for release on October 26.

Back
Top Bottom