Trump era: Fascist dawn, or road to liberation?

Trump Fires Bolton as Top Security Adviser, Citing Disagreements
President Donald Trump said he fired his hawkish national security adviser, John Bolton, after disagreeing “strongly” with many of his positions, ending a tumultuous tenure marked by multiple setbacks in U.S. foreign policy.

Bolton, known for his hardline approach to U.S. adversaries including Iran, North Korea and Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro, was the third person to formally occupy the White House’s highest-ranking national security job.

“I informed John Bolton last night that his services are no longer needed at the White House,” Trump said in a pair of tweets. “I thank John very much for his service. I will be naming a new National Security Advisor next week.”

Bolton had been scheduled to take part in a White House press briefing Tuesday on terrorism. Minutes after Trump’s announcement, Bolton contradicted the president on Twitter, saying that he had offered to resign Monday night and Trump deferred the discussion.

Trump and Bolton had disagreed on “many, many issues,” White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham said. Most recently, Bolton had advised the president against a meeting he had planned with the Taliban at Camp David to complete negotiations to end the war in Afghanistan. Bolton was also skeptical of Trump’s overtures to Kim Jong Un. He was conspicuously absent in June when Trump made a snap decision to meet the North Korean leader at the Demilitarized Zone; Bolton instead traveled to Mongolia to meet with officials there.

Bolton’s departure is a boon for Secretary of State Michael Pompeo, who had clashed with the national security adviser and now assumes an unchallenged role as Trump’s closest adviser on foreign policy. Charlie Kupperman, the deputy national security adviser, will assume Bolton’s position on an acting basis, deputy White House press secretary Hogan Gidley said.

Kupperman is a Bolton confidant who has counseled the former national security adviser for more than 30 years, Bolton has said. Grisham said it was “too soon to say” whether Bolton’s National Security Council staff would remain in their jobs.

Foreign Setbacks

The break came days after Trump abandoned his plan to meet with the Taliban at Camp David, capping a tough week. On Friday, the president’s adviser on North Korea said negotiations have been stalled for months. On Thursday, Middle East envoy Jason Greenblatt announced his intention to depart; the vaunted Israeli-Palestinian peace plan he’s been working on has yet to be unveiled. The U.S.-China trade war drags on.

Read more: Trump Says He Canceled Secret Camp David Talks With the Taliban

Crude oil futures reversed an earlier gain in New York, falling 0.2% to $57.71 a barrel at 12:06 p.m.

Bolton, 70, joined the White House in April 2018, bringing an interventionist view into Trump’s inner circle.

From the outset, Bolton seemed like an odd fit for a president who champions an “America First” agenda and campaigned on disengaging the U.S. from wars prosecuted by his predecessors. At times, Bolton pursued his own longstanding foreign policy priorities, creating tension with top administration officials and the president himself.

Bolton came to the post best known for his ardent support of the 2003 U.S. invasion of Iraq while serving in the George W. Bush administration. He was later a Fox News contributor and senior fellow at the conservative American Enterprise Institute.

Since joining Trump’s White House, Bolton sought to break Iran financially, shield Americans from the reach of the International Criminal Court and toughen U.S. posture toward Russia. Bolton was a leading voice promoting U.S. support for the ouster of Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro, an effort that hasn’t been successful.

‘Naive Worldview’

Bolton’s departure drew mixed reactions from Republican lawmakers.

Senator Mitt Romney, the Utah Republican, said it was a “huge loss” for the administration. Bolton’s “point of view is not always the same as everyone else in the room. That’s why you want him there,” Romney said.

Senator Rand Paul, the Kentucky Republican, said the threat of war “goes down exponentially with John Bolton out of the White House.”
“I think his advocacy for regime change around the world is a naïve worldview and I think the world will be a much better place with a new adviser,” Paul said.

Weeks before joining the administration, Bolton wrote a Wall Street Journal op-ed arguing for a preemptive strike against North Korea, only for Trump to instead pursue diplomacy with Kim. Bolton said that his personal views were “now behind me” and that “the important thing is what the president says and what advice I give him.”

Kelly Conflict

Bolton also took a hard line on immigration policy, and clashed with former White House Chief of Staff John Kelly over the administration’s approach to border crossings.

Last year, Kelly and Bolton engaged in a heated argument outside the Oval Office over immigration and the performance of then-Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen. Bolton was among the officials who urged Trump to fire Nielsen.

Bolton, whom the president sometimes called “the Mustache” because of his trademark facial hair, clashed with Pompeo and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin over sanctions against Iran. Bolton has argued that waivers for the sanctions were too generous toward Iran.
Bolton had been scheduled to brief reporters at the White House with Mnuchin and Pompeo on Tuesday.

Bolton suffered the loss of his top deputy, Mira Ricardel, in November after first lady Melania Trump called for her ouster. Melania Trump issued an unusual public statement demanding Ricardel leave the White House after clashes between Bolton’s deputy and the first lady’s staff over her trip to Africa last year.

As part of the planned disintegration of the USA and the push for radical liberalism, drag queens are giving talks to children in public libraries and schools. Parents are protesting with mixed results. Not news for the people here of course. This won't happen in my town I think, since people are relatively sane still and its small enough the people have more say with what happens. Here is a recent incident involving a church that was vandalized after the congregation tried to stop a talk at the local library. Happened in California of course, on Sept. 8, 2019. The talk is scheduled for today 9/10. So crazy this is happening.

Last edited:
I've just discovered Paul Joseph Watson writes articles on current events. Here are a few of interest. It's been pointed out in the past he gets details wrong at times, thought I'd mention that. I like his sense of humor which helps with the utter insane nature of the material. He has a sharp eye and wit.

CLOWNWORLD Not the Onion
Leftist Council Member Says Cleaning Feces Off Seattle Streets With a Power Washer is Racist

A leftist council member recently tried to stop feces being cleaned off the streets of Seattle with a power washer, arguing that it was racist.
Yes, really.
The area is also littered with fecal matter, leading King County Sheriff John Urquhart to ask the county to order a daily power wash of the sidewalks, which “reek of urine and excrement.”

However, leftist Council member Larry Gossett pushed back against the proposal, arguing that it was racist because power washing “brought back images of the use of hoses against civil-rights activists.”

That’s right. Because high pressure water hoses were once used over 50 years ago to oppress civil rights activists that means streets in 2019 should remain smothered in shit.

POLITICS 10 September, 2019
NY Times Praises Mass Murdering Mao as “One of History’s Great Revolutionary Figures”
NY Times Praises Mass Murdering Mao as “One of History’s Great Revolutionary Figures”
Forced to delete tweet after backlash.

The New York Times was forced to delete a tweet that praised Communist dictator Mao Zedong – who was responsible for the deaths of around 45 million people – as a “great revolutionary leader.”

Under Mao’s Great Leap Forward policy, over the course of just 4 years between 1958-1962 some 45 million people starved to death, making it the biggest episode of mass murder ever recorded.
Countless other victims also lost their lives as a result of Mao’s ruthless oppression, incarceration and execution of political adversaries who stood in his way.
That historical context was noticeably absent when the NY Times effusively tweeted about how Mao, “died one of history’s great revolutionary figures.”

null

This is by no means the first time the New York Times has run defense for the most genocidal leader of the entire 20th century.
In a 1973 op-ed, globalist David Rockefeller praised Chairman Mao for leading “one of the most important and successful” social experiments in “human history.”

CLOWNWORLD
Students Prevented From Attending UK School Because They Refuse to Wear “Gender Neutral” Uniforms
Students Prevented From Attending UK School Because They Refuse to Wear “Gender Neutral” Uniforms
School told girls they could no longer wear skirts.

Female students at a school in the UK were prevented by officials and police from attending class because they refused to comply with a new “gender neutral” uniform policy.

Around 100 students protested outside the gates of Priory School in Lewes in response to a letter sent at the end of the summer advising they would be mandated to wear trousers at all times.

The school claimed that the policy change was put in place to “address inequality,” and be “inclusive,” but students and parents were outraged.
Maria Caulfield MP for Lewes asserted it was “ridiculous” to tells girls they couldn’t wear skirts.

“It is political correctness gone mad,” she said.

One More, have to post this! AOC continues on. :nuts: The Boston police arrested Antifa disrupters! A first for law enforcement, not like Portland Oregon where they have free reign. Maybe more sanity on the east coast then the west except for New York City that is.

CLOWNWORLD
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Promotes Antifa Protesters In Plea For ‘Bail Fund’

Labels straight pride event a “white supremacist parade”

New York Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has been criticized for promoting a fundraiser to cover bail for Antifa affiliated ‘activists’ who were protesting a ‘straight pride’ parade in Boston this past weekend.

Labeling the event a “white supremacist parade,” AOC encouraged her followers to “support the local LGBTQ community” with a contribution “to the Bail Fund for the activists who put themselves on the line protecting the Boston community.”

BOSTON, MA- August 31, 2019: A counter protesters is taken into police custody along the parade route on Boylston Street during the straight pride parade in Boston, Massachusetts. (Staff photo By Nicolaus Czarnecki/MediaNews Group/Boston Herald)
The following individuals were arrested and charged during the Straight Pride Parade in Boston and the counterprotests surrounding it, according to Boston Police.
Arraignments will take place at Boston Municipal Court.
  • Timothy Rego, 19, Providence, R.I.: Assault and battery on a police officer, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest
  • Benjamin Boyd, 32, Providence, R.I.: Assault and battery on a police officer, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest
  • Kenneth Kraft Jr., 24, Bethlehem, Pa.: Assault and battery on a police officer
  • Jamie Rogers, 26, Methuen: Assault and battery on a police officer
  • Marisa Shea, 33, Lowell: Assault and battery on a police officer
  • Leah Hall, 26, Medford: Assault and battery on a police officer
  • Lillian Monreal, 21, Brockton: Assault and battery on a police officer
  • Nechama Moring, 37, Boston: Assault and battery on a police officer
  • Michael Doughty, 24, Falmouth: Assault and battery on a police officer
  • Michelle Wood, 35, Rehoboth: Disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, assault by means of a dangerous weapon
  • Tiana Miles, 28, Allston: Assault and battery by means of a dangerous weapon
  • Brennan Hopper, 26, Auburn: Disorderly conduct, assault
  • Richard Wood, 37, Rehoboth: Disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, carrying a dangerous weapon
  • Louis Sabino, 36, Beverly: Disorderly conduct, carrying a dangerous weapon
  • Jared Killelea, 21 Bellingham: Carrying a dangerous weapon, affray
  • Female juvenile, 15, Southport, Maine: Delinquent to Wit: Assault and battery by means of a dangerous weapon
  • Nicholas Harris, 23, Princeton, N.J.: Disorderly conduct, resisting arrest
  • Jackson Bennett, 22, Cambridge: Disorderly conduct, resisting arrest
  • Roderick Webber, 45, Holbrook: Disorderly conduct, resisting arrest
  • Daniel Tuttle, 26, Lowell: Disorderly conduct, resisting arrest
  • Austin George, 21, Worcester: Disorderly conduct, resisting arrest
  • Joshua Abrams, 31, Stoneham: Disorderly conduct, resisting arrest
  • Isaac Adelberg, 20, Enfield, Conn: Disorderly conduct, resisting arrest
  • Juvenile male, 17, Georgetown: Delinquent to Wit: Disorderly conduct, resisting arrest
  • Gregory Garmil, 30, Brighton: Disorderly conduct
  • Daniel Quiray, 35, Douglas: Disorderly conduct
  • Nathan Bartels, 27, Newport, R.I.: Disorderly conduct
  • Matthew Yourtee, 25, Windham, N.H.: Disorderly conduct
  • Trevor Steele, 21, Westbrooke, Minn: Disorderly conduct
  • Benjamin Thompson, 29, Providence, R.I.: Disorderly conduct
  • Frederick Meyer, 21, Cambridge: Disorderly conduct
  • Gregorio Leon, 21, Cambridge: Disorderly conduct
  • Lilley Antoinette, 29, Somerville: Disorderly conduct
  • Jason DeJesus, 18, Pittsford, N.Y.: Disorderly conduct
  • Rubie Fulford, 20, Roslindale: Disorderly conduct
  • Laura Potter, 63, West Charleston, Vt.: Disorderly conduct

Kremlin says alleged U.S. spy did not have access to Putin
FILE PHOTO: National flags of Russia and the U.S. fly at Vnukovo International Airport in Moscow, Russia April 11, 2017. REUTERS/Maxim Shemetov/File Photo

FILE PHOTO: National flags of Russia and the U.S. fly at Vnukovo International Airport in Moscow, Russia April 11, 2017. REUTERS/Maxim Shemetov/File Photo

September 10, 2019 - The Kremlin played down reports of a CIA spy inside Russia's presidential administration, but said an official identified by Russian media as the likely U.S. mole had worked there although he did not have access to President Vladimir Putin.

CNN reported on Monday that the United States had successfully extracted one of its highest-level covert sources inside Russia in 2017.

Two sources familiar with U.S. monitoring of Russian activities confirmed to Reuters that such a CIA informant did exist inside the Russian government and had been extracted and brought to the United States.

The sources indicated that U.S. officials were seriously concerned that Kremlin officials had made public what they claimed was the individual’s name.

Russian daily newspaper Kommersant said on Tuesday the official may have been a man called Oleg Smolenkov, who is reported to have disappeared with his wife, Antonina, and three children while on holiday in Montenegro in June 2017.

It cited unnamed Russian law enforcement officials as saying Moscow had initially opened an investigation into his suspected murder in Montenegro before concluding he was alive and living abroad.

Kommersant published a picture of a house in Virginia which it said had been bought later by the Smolenkovs and linked to details of the property’s purchase, including its exact address, in a real estate listing and a local county tax filing.

One U.S. official familiar with the background to the story said it was not necessarily totally stupid or against standard spy practice for a defector to buy property in his own name. He did not say why.

But now that the story had become public it was highly likely the U.S. government would have to make serious efforts to protect the defector, said the source, who did not dispute the mole was Oleg Smolenkov.

U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, speaking at a White House briefing, dismissed reports that the CIA pulled the informant out of Russia over concerns the asset’s identity could be exposed.

“The reporting there is factually wrong,” said Pompeo, without elaborating.

Daniel Hoffman, a former CIA station chief with deep expertise on Russia, said the informant is a marked man because Putin cannot risk Russian officials “thinking they can get away with betraying Russia.”

“This means that guy has a bullseye on his face,” said Hoffman, who noted that a 2006 law empowers Putin to order extrajudicial killings outside Russia. “When Vladimir Putin has known about high-value sources who he says betrayed Russia, he tried to kill one of them with a Soviet nerve agent and he killed another with polonium.”

He was referring to the 2018 attempted murder in Britain of Sergei Skripal, a former Russian military intelligence officer and double agent for British intelligence, with the nerve agent Novichok and the 2006 killing with radioactive polonium of Alexander Litvinenko, a Russian intelligence officer who received political asylum in Britain.

‘PULP FICTION’
Asked about the matter, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said that Smolenkov had worked in the Russian presidential administration but had been fired in 2016/17.

“It is true that Smolenkov worked in the presidential administration, but he was fired several years ago. His job was not at a senior official level,” said Peskov.

Smolenkov did not have direct access to Putin, Peskov added, declining with a laugh to confirm whether he had been a U.S. agent or not.

“I can’t confirm that. ... I don’t know whether he was an agent. I can only confirm that there was such a person in the presidential administration, who was later sacked.

“All this U.S. media speculation about who urgently extracted who and saved who from who and so on - this is more the genre of pulp fiction, crime reading, so let’s leave it up to them,” said Peskov.

Smolenkov at different times worked at the Russian Embassy in the United States, in the Russian government administration and in the Russian presidential administration, open-source documents inside Russia show.

His wife worked in another Kremlin department, Kommersant said.

It cited some unnamed sources as saying they thought Smolenkov had only done routine work and could not have passed anything more than “two-bit rumors” to the Americans.

But other sources were cited as saying that Smolenkov worked with and enjoyed the trust of Putin foreign policy aide Yuri Ushakov who does have access to the Russian leader.

“This is serious,” it cited one unnamed Russian official as saying.

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said separately on Tuesday he had never heard of Smolenkov.

I have never seen this man, have never met him, and have never monitored his career or movements,” Lavrov said.
CNN reported on Monday that the U.S. decision to extract its informant had occurred soon after a May 2017 meeting in the Oval Office in which U.S. President Donald Trump had discussed highly classified intelligence with Lavrov.

Lavrov said on Tuesday that nobody had divulged any secrets to him at the meeting with Trump.

A U.S. government source also insisted that Trump did not disclose secrets, such as the informant’s existence or identity, at any meeting with Russian officials.

Lavrov says he never met with alleged CIA spy Smolenkov
ED7-0_0WkAALO7y.jpg

MOSCOW, September 10, 2019 - Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov told reporters on Tuesday he had never met former staff member of the Russian presidential administration Oleg Smolenkov, whom media reports refer to as a possible CIA agent.

"I have never seen him, I have never met him, and I have neither kept track of his career nor his movements", Lavrov said, stressing that he could only comment on the facts.

"You have mentioned my meeting with President Trump in May 2017 in the White house. Well, no one shared any state or even non-state secrets with anyone during that conversation," Russia’s top diplomat emphasized. "By the way, this was confirmed by US National Security Advisor McMaster, who was present at that meeting, as well as other people, who are somehow familiar with what was discussed then."

According to Lavrov, at the meeting with the US leader the sides discussed the need to mend bilateral relations and rectify that damage inflicted by the administration of former US President Barack Obama to bilateral cooperation, by actually "disrupting all meaningful mechanisms of cooperation between Moscow and Washington before the departure [of Barack Obama's administration] from the White House."

"We spoke with President Trump about the fact that this does not do any good to our bilateral ties since this affects business as well as cultural and humanitarian exchanges. This does not benefit international relations and efforts of the international community on solving numerous problems, a solution to which, as many have said and continue saying, largely depends on cooperation between Russia and the US," Lavrov pointed out.

During that conversation, the sides confirmed that Obama’s steps dealt a heavy blow to the existing mechanisms of cooperation in the fight against international terrorism, the foreign minister said. Russia and President Trump expressed readiness to "make every effort to restore these channels of cooperation, which are absolutely in demand in modern conditions."

On Monday, CNN reported that the United States had "successfully extracted from Russia one of its highest-level covert sources inside the Russian government." For its part, the New York Times noted that the "longtime source landed an influential position that came with access to the highest level of the Kremlin."

Some Russian media outlets reported citing anonymous sources that the individual in question could be someone named Oleg Smolenkov, who supposedly worked for the Russian presidential administration and Russia’s diplomatic mission in the US. Some of them mentioned Smolenkov’s other places of employment.

Kremlin Spokesman Dmitry Peskov on Tuesday confirmed that Smolenkov worked for the Russian presidential administration several years ago, but was fired by internal order.

The speech by Rep. Jordon is Fantastic !!! Speaking Truth to Lies is so Very Very Powerful. :cheer::perfect:
The body language of the attendees is also very, telling and interesting. Nadler is looking rather feeble, his age is showing.

AOC is just Awful! Terrible! Hopefully she won't be reelected. She'll have her 10 min. of fame then be forgotten. Good for Mr. Homan!

Thanks c.a.

"Normality" the US way
Commenting on the Pentagon chief’s statement that Russia should behave "as a more normal country" Lavrov said it was important to understand in the first place what is ‘normal’ from the viewpoint of the US counterparts, Esper in particular.

"If he really said this, then I can only remark that he urged us to act as a normal country, and not as the United States," Lavrov said. "Otherwise we would be acting the way the United States doesbombing Iraq and Libya in violation of international law and earmarking millions in our government budget for intervention in the affairs of other countries, the way the US Congress did by instructing the US Department of State to spend 20 million dollars a year on advancing democracy in Russia."

In this connection Lavrov recalled the United States’ attitude to Ukraine.

"We would be supporting an anti-constitutional armed coup, the way the United States and its closest allies did in February 2014, when the Ukrainian opposition under the pressure of radicals and neo-Nazis disrupted the agreement signed by the respectable EU member-countries," Lavrov said.

Shoigu agreed with this remark. "It's hard to add anything to this", he said.

I love reading Lavrov's comments and his mettle. He knows very well to set the record straight.

Bolton’s departure drew mixed reactions from Republican lawmakers.

Senator Mitt Romney, the Utah Republican, said it was a “huge loss” for the administration. Bolton’s “point of view is not always the same as everyone else in the room. That’s why you want him there,” Romney said.

Senator Rand Paul, the Kentucky Republican, said the threat of war “goes down exponentially with John Bolton out of the White House.”
“I think his advocacy for regime change around the world is a naïve worldview and I think the world will be a much better place with a new adviser,” Paul said.

IMO, Senator Mitt Romney speaks like a psychopath would, while Senator Rand Paul, well, does not.

President Donald Trump must break with the de facto US policy of “Israel first” and pursue the “America first” policy he promised during the 2016 election campaign, an American writer and former professor has said.

PressTV-‘Trump must break with US policy of Israel first’ (Video)
PressTV-Israel accused of placing spy devices near White House
Sept. 12, 2019 - E Michael Jones, the current editor of Culture Wars magazine, made the remarks in an interview with Press TV on Friday while commenting on reporters of Israeli spying on the White House.

The US government has concluded within the past two years that Israel has been placing surveillance devices near the White House and other sensitive locations around Washington, DC, according to a US media outlet.

In contrast to other instances of foreign spying, however, the Trump administration has not rebuked Israel, and there were no consequences for the regime’s behavior, Politico reported on Thursday, citing three former senior US officials with knowledge of the matter.

The phone eavesdropping devices, called IMSI-catcher, or stingrays, are essentially a "fake" mobile towers used for intercepting mobile phone traffic and tracking location data of mobile phone users.

The devices were likely intended to spy on Trump, one of the former officials said, as well as his top aides and closest associates -- though it’s not clear whether the Israeli efforts were successful.

“Just a day ago it was discovered that Israelis had set up surveillance devices within the vicinity of the White House. The announcement was made and then followed by a deafening silence from the White House. The Trump administration is not going to do anything about this,” Jones said.

“What this points is the colossal double standards in American politics. For the first three years of his presidency, Donald Trump was accused of conspiring with the Russians. The Russians were accused of influencing our elections. All this proved to be completely baseless which is even more significant in light of the fact that the Israelis do this all the time,” he added.

“The Israelis spy on Americans. The Israelis influence the elections. The Israeli prime minister showed up twice before Congress last time completely uninvited by the president and Congress gave him 27 standing ovations,” he noted.

“All this shows is the hypocrisy of the current situation of the political situation in the United States. And it also shows that Donald Trump is not going to have any effective policy until he breaks with his de facto policy of Israel First, and brings it back to the campaign promises he made of making America First,” the analyst concluded.

“Just a day ago it was discovered that Israelis had set up surveillance devices within the vicinity of the White House. The announcement was made and then followed by a deafening silence from the White House. The Trump administration is not going to do anything about this,” Jones said.

“What this points is the colossal double standards in American politics. For the first three years of his presidency, Donald Trump was accused of conspiring with the Russians. The Russians were accused of influencing our elections. All this proved to be completely baseless which is even more significant in light of the fact that the Israelis do this all the time,” he added.

“The Israelis spy on Americans. The Israelis influence the elections. The Israeli prime minister showed up twice before Congress last time completely uninvited by the president and Congress gave him 27 standing ovations,” he noted.

PressTV-Israel accused of placing spy devices near White House
Israel Accused of Planting Spy Devices near White House

The US government has concluded within the past two years that Israel has been placing surveillance devices near the White House and other sensitive locations around Washington, DC, according to a US media outlet.

In contrast to other instances of foreign spying, however, President Donald Trump’s administration has not rebuked Israel, and there were no consequences for the regime’s behavior, Politico reported on Thursday, citing three former senior US officials with knowledge of the matter.

The phone eavesdropping devices, called IMSI-catcher, or stingrays, are essentially a "fake" mobile towers used for intercepting mobile phone traffic and tracking location data of mobile phone users.

The devices were likely intended to spy on President Donald Trump, one of the former officials said, as well as his top aides and closest associates -- though it’s not clear whether the Israeli efforts were successful.

Trump is reputed to be lax in observing White House security protocols. POLITICO reported in May 2018 that the president often used an insufficiently secured cell phone to communicate with friends and confidants.

The New York Times subsequently reported in October 2018 that “Chinese spies are often listening” to Trump’s cell-phone calls, prompting the president to slam the story as “so incorrect I do not have time here to correct it.”

The report said that in May 2018, officials at the US Department of Homeland Security discovered evidence of the surveillance devices around the US capital, but weren’t able to attribute the devices to specific entities.

However, based on a detailed forensic analysis, the FBI and other intelligence agencies working on the case felt confident that Israeli agents had placed the devices, according to the report.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office issued a statement on the report, calling the accusation “a blatant lie.”

A spokesperson for Israel’s embassy in Washington, Elad Strohmayer, also denied that Israel placed the devices. “These allegations are absolute nonsense. Israel doesn’t conduct espionage operations in the United States, period,” he said.

But former US officials with deep experience dealing with intelligence matters scoff at the Israeli claim.

One former senior intelligence official noted that after the FBI and other agencies concluded that the Israelis were most likely responsible for the devices, the Trump administration took no action to punish or even privately scold the Israeli government.

“The reaction ... was very different than it would have been in the last administration,” this person said, adding, “With the current administration, there are a different set of calculations in regard to addressing this.”
The former senior intelligence official criticized how the administration handled the matter, remarking on the striking difference from past administrations, which likely would have at least issued a formal diplomatic reprimand to the foreign government condemning its actions. “I’m not aware of any accountability at all,” said the former official.

It was not the first time Israel has been accused of spying against its close ally. In 1986, Jonathan Pollard, a Jewish American citizen and US Navy analyst, was found guilty of espionage on behalf of Israel.

Pollard was sentenced to life in prison but freed in 2015 by then President Barack Obama. His spying activities continue to be a source of discomfort for US officials, with the US government refusing his request to immigrate to Israel.

The full scope of Pollard’s activities have never been fully disclosed. Pollard has been described by former US Defense Secretary Caspar Weinberger as one of the most damaging spies ever to operate in the United States.

Unconfirmed accounts over the years suggest that Pollard, who worked at the US Naval Intelligence Center for Counter Terrorism in Maryland, handed files to the Israelis, including documents relating to Arab troops, the Palestine Liberation Organization and alleged chemical and biological warfare programs conducted by Iraq, Libya and Syria.

The latest spying accusations come despite Trump’s close ties with Netanyahu. The US president has made numerous policy moves favorable to Israel, such as moving the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem al-Quds, recognizing Israeli sovereignty over the occupied Syrian territory of Golan Heights, and withdrawing the US from the Iran nuclear agreement.

Israel Accused of Planting Spy Devices near White House - World news - Tasnim News Agency
The US government concluded within the past two years that Israel was most likely behind the placement of cellphone surveillance devices that were found near the White House and other sensitive locations around Washington, according to three former senior US officials.

PressTV-Zarif to Trump: With Israel spying on you, US needs no foes
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif

Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif

Fri Sep 13, 2019 - Amid reports about Israel's spying on the White House, Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has mocked Washington’s friendly ties with Tel Aviv, saying the US needs no enemies with a spy in his allies.

"The #B_Team Strikes again," Zarif said in a sarcastic tweet on Friday, referring to a term coined by himself to describe an international group of warmongers, including Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

https://twitter.com/JZarif/status/1172530601435508737?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1172530601435508737&ref_url=https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2019/09/13/606115/Zarif-Trump-Netanyahu-BTeam-Politico-espionage-tweet

The top Iranian diplomat was alluding to the Israeli prime minister after the Politico, in its Thursday report, quoted three informed former senior US officials as saying that the US government concluded within the past two years that Israel was most likely behind the placement of cell phone surveillance devices that were found near the White House and other sensitive locations around Washington.

Following the publication of the story, Trump, who calls himself the most pro-Israel president in US history, told reporters that he would find it "hard to believe" that the Israelis had placed the devices.

"I don't think the Israelis were spying on us," Trump said. "My relationship with Israel has been great... Anything is possible but I don't believe it."

Trump says he does not believe Israelis are spying on the U.S.
U.S. President Donald Trump speaks to reporters as he departs for Baltimore, Maryland from the South Lawn of the White House in Washington U.S., September 12, 2019. REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque

U.S. President Donald Trump said on Thursday he does not believe Israel is spying on the United States after a published report said Israel was most likely behind cellphone surveillance devices found near the White House and elsewhere in Washington.

Comment - Trump did have the Oval Office stripped and renovated prior to moving into the While House and it was months, before the family joined him in Washington - so he probably had the whole place scrubbed for listening devises?

Youngest son of Egypt's ousted Islamist President Mursi dies (???)
Wed. September 4, 2019 - CAIRO - The youngest son of Egypt’s former president, Mohamed Mursi, died on Wednesday from a heart attack, his brother and a family lawyer told Reuters, 2-1/2 months after his father’s death from similar causes.

Abdallah Mursi, 24, began to feel spasms while driving in Cairo with a friend and died shortly afterward, his Brother said.

I don't know, if this situation "might be tied in" with Abdallah Mursi's death but I suspect - there may be a connection?

Egypt sentences 11 senior Brotherhood leaders to life for ‘spying for Hamas’

Mohammad Badi (L), head of the Muslim Brotherhood Guidance Council, Muhammed el-Biltaci (R), one of the Muslim Brotherhood Leaders, and Muslim Brotherhood member Essam Al-Aryan (C) are seen inside the defendants' cage during the trial known as ''Bahr Al-Azam'' case, in Cairo, Egypt on 24 November 2016. [Moustafa Elshemy - Anadolu Agency]

Mohammad Badi (L), head of the Muslim Brotherhood Guidance Council, Muhammed el-Biltaci (R), one of the Muslim Brotherhood Leaders, and Muslim Brotherhood member Essam Al-Aryan (C) are seen inside the defendants' cage during the trial known as ''Bahr Al-Azam'' case, in Cairo, Egypt on 24 November 2016. [Moustafa Elshemy - Anadolu Agency]

September 12, 2019 - Cairo Criminal Court yesterday sentenced 11 senior Muslim Brotherhood leaders, including Supreme Guide Mohammed Badei, to life sentence in prison for alleged spying for Hamas, Quds Press reported.

Former Parliament Speaker Saad al-Katatni, deputy Brotherhood Guide Khairat Al-Shater, Issam Al-Aryan, Mohammed Al-Beltajo were among those sentenced.

The late Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi was indicted in the case.

Morsi became Egypt’s first freely-elected Egyptian President in 2012. The military overthrew him in 2013 in a military coup carried out by his defence minister Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi.

Taking over power, Al-Sisi outlawed the Brotherhood and arrested and killed thousands of its supporters. Others who spoke up against abuses of power by the Sisi regime have since been accused of membership in the group and detained without trial.

The court also sentenced three other officials from Morsi’s office to ten years imprisonment on the same charges. Two others received seven-year sentences, and five others were acquitted.

The rulings can be appealed within 60 days.

And there may be an "Israeli" connection to these deaths and detentions?

Lieberman: Netanyahu stopped me targeting Hamas leaders
September 13, 2019 - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu stopped his then Defence Minister Avigdor Lieberman from assassinating Hamas chief Ismail Haniyeh in the Gaza Strip, Channel 12 reported.

In an interview with the Israeli channel Lieberman said that an agreement he had signed with Netanyahu’s Likud party included plans to overthrow Hamas in the besieged Gaza Strip. Adding that the prime minister did everything he could to avoid following through with this agreement.

Lieberman said Netanyahu granted Hamas leaders immunity, leaving them “unafraid”.

On Netanyahu’s recent threats to launch a massive military operation against the Gaza Strip to topple Hamas, Lieberman said: “These promises we heard from Netanyahu in early 2009, and since then they have not been implemented.”

The Yisrael Beiteinu leader, who is expected to be the post-election kingmaker next week, has been working to “grab centrist pro-settler votes” from Netanyahu’s Likud, the Jerusalem Post reported.

Last edited:
Ding dong, the mustache is dead. The war walrus has resigned, hallelujah!!

I just saw this on FortRuss with a subtitled segment from Russian TV about Bolton and why he was fired. It also shows that Russian TV viewers are treated to more reality based views of reality and that they are quite aware of what is going on. The presenter points out Trump's re-election and Biden's connection to Ukraine which was the the real source of election interference.

MAJOR: The REAL Reason Behind Bolton’s Dismissal Revealed (VIDEO)
On Sep 16, 2019

WASHINGTON – On Tuesday, President Trump fired his National Security Advisor, John Bolton. Trump announced his decision through Twitter. And he frankly explained to journalists that A: Bolton didn’t get along with the president’s team at the White House and B: He made major foreign policy mistakes. As an example, Trump mentioned Bolton upsetting the positive dynamics in the North Korea negotiations when Bolton decided to threaten Kim Jong-un with the Libyan scenario.

However, among many of Bolton’s diplomatic failures (in particular thanks to the lack of diplomatic posture on his end), one particular situation caused Trump’s anger. With polls showing Trump’s approval rating at 39%, the US President is urgently in need of something to show for if he is to get re-elected in 2020. And it has to the with Bolton’s hard-line on Ukraine. Donald Trump desperately needs the situation in Ukraine to be resolved in his favor. Or better said, he needs Ukrainegate.

Edit: The quotation marks were changed.

Press review: Trump’s ‘Bolton-free’ policy plans and Moscow’s multilateral strategic model

Media: Trump’s policy prospects after clipping hawkish adviser’s wings
1751191-2081761444.jpg

Donald Trump listens as his national security adviser John Bolton speaks at the White House.

US National Security Adviser John Bolton’s firing will make Washington’s policy even more "Trump-centric", but this is unlikely to result in any serious deterioration of the international climate. Ahead of launching his new presidential campaign, Donald Trump will prefer a more moderate policy than Bolton, a dyed-in-the-wool hawk, had advised him to pursue, experts told Vedomosti.

The dismissal of Bolton, Trump’s third national security adviser who got sacked over the past three years, came as a surprise that was welcomed by everyone. Bolton’s views on foreign policy and US global actions conflicted with those of the president. He had been vigorously trying to influence Trump’s foreign policy decisions and did not hesitate to argue with the president. The ex-White House adviser was a leading foreign policy hawk, who insisted on getting tougher with Iran and Russia and was opposed to easing tensions with North Korea, said Andrei Kortunov, Director General of the Russian International Affairs Council (RIAC). The last straw that had led to his firing was Bolton’s attempt to stave off a deal with the Taliban and the withdrawal of forces from Afghanistan. Now Trump will solve international issues himself and Bolton’s successor will be just a figurehead, expert in international relations Vladimir Frolov said.

Washington’s foreign policy could become even more impulsive, but will remain rather predictable, Frolov noted. Trump is set to continue his policy on curtailing US combat operations across the world and decreasing US involvement in global conflicts. Unlike Bolton, the president views diplomatic pressure as a means of achieving compromise rather than as a curtain-raiser for a military conflict, according to the expert. Now given a freer hand, the US president, who has called himself an expert dealmaker, is poised to strike "great deals" with authoritarian regimes. Meanwhile, he understands that foreign policy and military failures will be used against him in the 2020 presidential campaign.

Trump’s decision will affect Russian-US relations, which Bolton had overseen, the paper writes. Dmitry Trenin, Director of the Moscow Carnegie Center, wrote on his website that recent contacts between Bolton and Russian Security Council Nikolai Patrushev have been the only regular dialogue platform between the US and Russia at the highest level. These meetings did not result in any breakthroughs, but were still useful. Bolton’s dismissal may ease the talks on extending the New START (Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty) deal and personal contacts between Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin.

For his part, Fyodor Lukyanov, Professor at the Higher School of Economics, told Rossiyskaya Gazeta that Bolton’s real passion was hatred for any deals on limiting and reducing nuclear weapons. His influence had accelerated the US pullout from the Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty and the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty. So, Bolton’s departure raises the chances for extending the New START, which will expire in 2021. This won’t demand any great efforts and the two countries just need to make statements on keeping it for another five years, the expert said.

Kommersant: Russian experts lay out new notion dubbed ‘multilateral strategic stability’

Kommersant has obtained a new report on Russia’s relations with the United States and strategic stability, drawn up by leading Russian experts and rolled out at the Russian Foreign Ministry. The authors came to conclusions, which run counter to Moscow’s current foreign policy. They believe that Russia’s traditional strategic stability concept is outdated and branded the country’s highly valued mechanisms of limiting armaments as inefficient. This is reminiscent of a modern US approach to the problem, Kommersant says. The authors of the report are convinced that the situation in strategic stability is facing a deep crisis, which is rooted in a radical shift in the military and strategic landscape, making traditional mechanisms of limiting armaments ineffective and even senseless.

"The traditional understanding of strategic stability as a situation, characterizing Russian-US relations in the sphere of nuclear weapons, when neither party has any incentive to be the first to deliver a nuclear strike against the other party and which involves maintaining the approximate parity in strategic nuclear forces through bilateral systems of limiting nuclear weapons, is outdated," the report says. "Today the nature of strategic stability is multilateral - involving China and other nuclear states, while a non-nuclear conflict and its consequences can be compared with a nuclear one and there are higher chances than before that it may trigger the use of nuclear weapons."

Experts suggest coining a new term - "multilateral strategic stability": this implies that nuclear powers must prevent any military confrontation between each other - both deliberate and unintended - since any standoff could spark "a global nuclear war."

The authors of the report believe the collapse of bilateral Russian-US ties and even multilateral deals on limiting nuclear weapons should be viewed as a normal development amid a changing military and strategic context. "It’s not only impossible but probably counterproductive to apply traditional approaches to a new context and try to develop new deals on limiting weapons," they said.

Russia and US bear main responsibility for strategic stability in the world — Lavrov
EEG9xe0U0AIciJF.jpg

MOSCOW, September 5, 2019 - Russia and the United States are responsible for global security more than other countries, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said in an interview with Izvestiya multimedia information center.

Lavrov said that after the US withdrew from the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty, the future of the New Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (New START) is unclear and needs to be discussed in the context of strategic security. However, Washington's position on this issue is "uncertain" though Russia repeatedly suggested to start dialogue on extending the treaty for five years as envisaged by the document, he added.

"They say that the extension of this treaty is unlikely, then they state that it is impossible to do it considering new types of weapons, especially hypersonic weapons that Russian President Vladimir Putin talked about in his last year's address to the Federal Assembly. However, those who are familiar with the text of this treaty know that it does not include those types of weapons. If the US is interested in discussing aspects of strategic stability and arms control that supersede the treaty, they should have long ago responded to invitations that we sent out to resume dialogue on all aspects of strategic stability — offensive and defensive — on a regular basis," Lavrov said.

"This is a very important balance that was reflected in the New START and that was seriously undermined when the US withdrew from the treaty on missile defense. In other words, we can discuss many things v that's what makes it a dialogue on strategic stability, that we can raise any issues that present a threat to strategic stability itself, for which the US and Russia bear main responsibility in the world," he concluded.

Improving bilateral relations
Moscow has repeatedly offered Washington to improve bilateral relations in the spheres of strategic stability and economy, Lavrov said.

"Of course, our relations with the US are undermined. Unfortunately, this process continues. We are not begging to be friends. However, our proposals on how to improve bilateral relations have been repeatedly extended to our American colleagues, including during the meetings between the presidents and at my meetings with US Secretary of State Michael Pompeo, as well as with US National Security Advisor John Bolton," Lavrov said. "Those proposals concern spheres of strategic stability, as well as economic, trade and investment cooperation, and cooperation between political analysts and civil society experts on issues that are important for bilateral relations between Moscow and Washington," he added.

Russia and the US have "many common interests in the world, as well as many common responsibilities," Lavrov noted. He stressed that developing relations in trade, economy, culture and humanitarian sphere would benefit both countries.

"Unfortunately, despite intentions to normalize relations with Russia that have been confirmed many times by US President Donald Trump and other key officials, nothing positive is hapenning at the practical level. The 'downward' trend continues," the foreign minister said. "Our American colleagues continue to impose unilateral sanctions, without even trying to justify this. It contradicts the attitude that the US president projects," he noted.

President Donald Trump has named Robert C. O’Brien, a hostage affairs envoy he sent to Sweden to try to negotiate the release of jailed rapper A$AP Rocky this summer, as his new national security advisor.

Trump announced O’Brien’s nomination on Wednesday, saying that he has “worked long and hard with Robert.”
O’Brien replaces John Bolton, the hawkish interventionist sacked last week. Bolton was a proponent of military intervention in Iran, Venezuela, Syria, and North Korea, and Trump had reportedly complained that Bolton was actively trying to drag him into conflict. Announcing his dismissal, Trump said that he “strongly disagreed” with many of Bolton’s positions.

O’Brien is a lesser known name in foreign policy circles, and is currently serving as the special envoy for hostage affairs at the State Department. Though more used to overseeing the release of hostages from conflict zones, O’Brien was sent by Trump to Sweden in July, to try to secure the release of rapper A$AP Rocky, who was jailed for an alleged assault in Stockholm.

The negotiations failed, and Rocky was jailed before eventually being released pending a verdict.

O’Brien set forth his foreign policy beliefs in his 2016 book ‘While America Slept.’ In it, he called for a strengthening of America’s military alliances, the relevance of which Trump has questioned in the past, and an aggressive posture against China.

The diplomat also compared the Obama administration’s signing of the 2015 nuclear deal with Iran to appeasing Nazi Germany. Given Trump’s promise on Wednesday to “substantially increase” sanctions on Tehran, O’Brien’s hiring likely signals no thaw in relations with the Islamic Republic.

I don't get it. This dude has a swampy past.

7d8d1bf07537f8fc1462c2ebdbb60578.png

Condoleezza_Rice_and_Robert_O%27Brien.jpg

O'Brien with Condoleezza Rice in 2007

Published on Dec 23, 2016 / 12:08

White House Fires DHS General Counsel
FarsNews Agency - White House Fires DHS General Counsel
White House Fires DHS General Counsel

Wed Sep 18, 2019 - The White House has fired John Mitnick, who served as the general counsel for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), The New York Times reported on Tuesday.

A spokesperson for the department confirmed Mitnick's exit to the news publication, saying, “We thank John for this service, and we wish him well.”

The official also told the paper that Chad Mizelle, an associate counsel to the president, will fill the position in Mitnick's place.

Mitnick, who was nominated to the post by President Donald Trump in 2017 and confirmed by the Senate the following year, was the department’s fifth general counsel.

His reported firing comes as DHS has continued to see a series of top aides and officials leave the agency amid tensions with the White House over its handling of immigration policy in recent months.

The news comes months after former Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen resigned from her post following speculation that her position was in jeopardy as the president grew frustrated over the situation at the border.

In the months following her exit, other top staffers, including Andrew Meehan, who served as top aide to acting Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan, resigned from the department as tensions between it and the White House escalated.

The White House and DHS did not immediately respond to requests for comment from The Hill.

Back
Top Bottom