Trump era: Fascist dawn, or road to liberation?

I'm not sure what to think about Trey Gowdy right now, as he recently has said that he does not think the Russia collusion is a witch hunt. Or, maybe he's just playing it safe, not taking sides. In the same article he says that he's not in favor of impeaching Rosenstein, because Trump could 'fire him with a tweet' if he'd want to. That last part kinda makes sense, but instead of all the talking and hearings, I'd wish that some heads would finally start to roll. But I'm not holding my breath for that to happen.

It could of course be, that Washington Examiner is twisting the contents of what Gowdy said to suit their agenda.

Trey Gowdy dismisses a House effort to oust Rod Rosenstein: 'Impeach him for what? No'

In the last three months or so, I've noticed a slight change in the way Trey Gowdy generally conducts himself - like he's going through all the motions "to indict" but he's dragging his feet? The impression I get - is that things are being set-up and he's waiting for some kind of approval? Beyond that, I'm not really sure what Gowdy is doing but I know he is well versed in Government Law and it's protocols and he follows everything down to the letter of Law.

I would imagine, a lot of things are "up in the air" depending on the outcome and progress in the Trump-Putin Summit meeting?

If you noticed, Trump has been like "a bull in a China shop" with his antics and upsetting everything in his path - between NATO and his visit to London? His unpredictable behavior, might be part of a well constructed plan, to pave the way for changes? The UK and NATO were also heavy backers for Killary ... and Trump "just crashed the party"?

Z-Hedge
Trump, Putin Shake Hands As Summit Meeting Begins
Mon, 07/16/2018 - 06:38
After a brief delay reportedly caused by President Putin, Trump and his Russian counterpart have gathered for a brief press conference before the start of their 90-minute summit meeting, during which the two men will be left alone to discuss a range of issues.
  • *PUTIN: THE TIME HAS COME FOR SUBSTANTIVE BILATERAL TALKS
  • *PUTIN SAYS HE'S BEEN IN REGULAR CONTACT WITH TRUMP
  • *TRUMP CONGRATULATES PUTIN ON HOSTING WORLD CUP
  • *TRUMP: WILL DISCUSS TRADE, NUCLEAR ISSUES AND CHINA WITH PUTIN
  • *TRUMP SAYS AGAIN THAT GETTING ALONG WITH RUSSIA `A GOOD THING
The two men shared a handshake, as Trump said "I really think the world wants to see us get along."

But just like with Trump's summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, who knows what they will say?

NBC News is in full panic mode - "This is remarkable. President Trump, President Putin are going to be alone in a room for 90 minutes with only their interpreters."

And The Intercept's Glenn Greenwald reminds his followers that:
"In 1987, when Reagan met with Soviet leadership, the Far Right took out ads attacking him as a "Useful Idiot" for Russian propaganda, and of betraying America by legitimizing Russian aggression and domestic repression."​
And already the talking heads on CNBC have proclaimed that "it was a weak opening by Trump."
President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump arrived in Helsinki late Sunday night for his long-awaited summit meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin, according to the Financial Times. And though the two leaders have met before, Monday's summit will mark the first sit down meeting between the two leaders since Trump's inauguration. In an interview that aired yesterday, Trump cautioned that he has "low expectations" going into the summit, because no matter what he accomplishes, the media and Trump's political opponents will treat him like it wasn't enough.

Trump said Friday during his press conference with UK Prime Minister Theresa May that he expects to discuss Syria, Ukraine and terrorism with Putin. He said later that he would consider asking Putin about the possibility of extraditing the more than two dozen Russians who have now been indicted by the DOJ over allegations of interference in the 2016 election.

Just hours before meeting with Putin, Trump blamed former President Barack Obama for the so-called Russian interference during the election because Obama knew about the interference but chose to do nothing, and slammed his political opponents for allowing the US's relationship with Russia to deteriorate to a point where it "has never been worse.

Following Friday's latest round of indictments against a dozen Russian military intelligence officials, Democratic lawmakers slammed Trump for refusing to cancel the meeting.

And while Trump berated his political opponents for taking advantage of the indictments and their timing to try and foil the long-anticipated meeting between the two world leaders, National Security Advisor John Bolton said on Sunday that the president had been briefed in advance about the indictments of the Russian intelligence agents. According to Reuters, Trump appeared upbeat during a breakfast meeting with Finland’s president before the meeting with Putin in the Finnish capital, even tweeting his thanks to his hosts for their hospitality.
Shortly before the meeting was set to begin, Putin was filmed getting off his presidential aircraft in Helsinki.
The Kremlin has said it doesn't expect an easy meeting after pushing back against President Trump's criticisms of a planned Russian gas pipeline to Germany, while suggesting it could be difficult to find common ground on Syria thanks to tensions over Iran.

Last edited:
Surprise, surprise...the hashtag 'TreasonSummit' is now trending as number one (or at moments at least in the top three). Peeps promoting this sure aren't too aware of things, instead they're driven by nonsensical ideology. Sigh...

Surprise, surprise...the hashtag 'TreasonSummit' is now trending as number one (or at moments at least in the top three). Peeps promoting this sure aren't too aware of things, instead they're driven by nonsensical ideology. Sigh...
No doubt there are an unfortunate number of real humans who are tweeting this hashtag out sincerely, but I also suspect that the 'bot army' and twitter's manipulation of algorithms is responsible for it trending as high as it has for as long as it has. Or maybe I'm too much of a conspiracy theorist. :-D

The media hysteria is nearing def-con status.

The politicos are just as bad. The psychopathic brain-that-will-not-die Senator John McCain, along with Never Trumper and lame duck Speaker Paul Ryan are appalled by Trump's behavior. Ex-CIA, Deep State swamp critter John Brennan called for Trump's impeachment due to the summit and that idiot Democrat Rep Steve Cohen from Tennessee (the one who wanted to give FBI coup texter Peter Strzok a Purple Heart) tweeted begging the military to save America as Trump was being taken in by the enemy! Then the idiot back-tracked and said he wasn't calling for a military coup. Yeah, right.

It almost makes me want to laugh and eat popcorn whilst watching the head explosions and Russia-hate, but it's fairly serious as there are people who buy into this nonsense and I'm on a low-carb diet so popcorn is definitely out.

I knew that the press and other mouthpieces were gonna be hysterical over the meeting but was kinda blown away by how they’ve gone into full meltdown mode and it’s crazy. It's like seeing every lie that's been told being amplified x1000. I put "Putin Trump" in a search on Twitter and almost EVERY single tweet I've come across is screaming out 'traitor' or ‘Trump is Putin's puppet’ or 'he's disgraced the US' bla bla bla – gimme a break!

No doubt the majority from leftist media area all over it and are really stuck on the ‘election tampering’ point. It’s the same old story and they’re really hitting it hard this time trying to find whatever they can to discredit Trump and the summit.

I gotta say, the timing the ‘indictment’ of the 12 Russian ‘officers’ was impeccable. Perfect fuel for those tweeting that Trump ‘threw US Intel agencies under the bus.’ Good! They’re a bunch of lying cheating bastards and have never, ever had the US public’s interest in mind. Here’s an example, with everyone tweeting variations of it:

Trump says "I haven't seen any evidence of tampering" (which is true, neither has anyone else) and now we get to see them scream bloody murder over 'election tampering in 2016' and quoting Putin back in 2016 saying he hopes Trump wins as ‘proof’ that he masterminded the whole thing and Trump is KGB. The whole cold war "you're commie" thing. :rolleyes: Thing is Special Counsel already said NO collusion, and an ‘indictment’ doesn’t mean anything until something is proved in a court of law, and uh hello? DNC servers? But not that it matters to these lunatics.

Here’s another: Putin has ‘damaging’ info on Trump, mainly the supposed video of Russian hookers ‘pissing on him’. As if the NSA or CIA wouldn’t have already known that?

Hilarious. And there’s tons more like it.

No doubt there are an unfortunate number of real humans who are tweeting this hashtag out sincerely, but I also suspect that the 'bot army' and twitter's manipulation of algorithms is responsible for it trending as high as it has for as long as it has.

I also think there’s some ‘biasing’ going since Twitter is primarily a lefty outlet, along with most other social and news media. So there is likely also filtering going on for anything pro-summit. However, there are lots of posts that aren't using the trending tag, verified users etc so there is also just people jumping on the bandwagon exposing their biases (or more like ignorance) all over the place.

What’s pretty freakish about this for me is how well the Russia narrative has pervaded the American mindset. I also came across lots of other tweets claiming to be Republicans and but now ‘appalled’ that Trump ‘caved’ to Russia’s ‘dictator’. So it’s not all just a lefty thing (although the majority of it is) but overall, it’s really something to see - everyone 'losing their shizzle' and the Deep state’ going into overdrive to try and keep the narrative alive.

Here is the press conference from today. It starts at about 1:11:50:

Thanks Gawan, I had watched it earlier and what came out of it was indeed promising. Here's a link to the transcript:

News conference following talks between the presidents of Russia and the United States

The news agencies in the US are in over-drive. All of Trump's critics are out in fully force, first - blaming Trump with going ahead with this Summit with Putin (because of Mueller's indictment of 12 Russian's "in suppose hacking" of the election) to criticizing Trump for playing into Putin's hands?

Here's a sampling of articles from the Bloomsburg News agency and some highlights:

‎July‎ ‎16‎, ‎2018‎ - Trump Calls One-on-One With Putin ‘Good Start’ After 2-Hour Talk
Trump Calls Mueller Probe ‘Disaster’ While Standing Next to Putin

President Donald Trump said a two-hour, one-on-one meeting with Vladimir Putin was a “good start” on Monday for their Helsinki summit, but gave no indication he had relented to increased pressure to confront the Kremlin leader over election meddling.

The highly anticipated event was running behind schedule after the leaders extended their solo session, at which only their respective translators were in attendance. For Putin, the meeting is a win even before it began, as it helps restore an image of parity with the U.S. that Russia lost after the collapse of the Soviet Union.

Before bringing aides in to join them in the meeting, Trump said the summit was off to “a very good start for everybody.” Earlier, as the summit opened, Trump said their discussions would cover “everything from trade to military to missiles to nuclear to China.”

He didn’t mention a U.S. grand jury’s indictments of 12 Russian intelligence agents on Friday or the Kremlin’s interference in the 2016 U.S. election.

In a bit of gamesmanship, Putin arrived in Helsinki about a half-hour late, while Trump didn’t depart the resort home where he was meeting with advisers for the summit until after the Russian leader arrived at the presidential palace. The meeting was delayed about an hour as a result.

“It is now time to talk in depth about our bilateral ties and sore points in the world,” Putin said in Russian. “There are enough of those that we need to pay attention to.”

Having campaigned on a promise to improve ties with Putin, Trump met the Kremlin leader over the objections of U.S. lawmakers after the grand jury’s indictments of the intelligence agents for their alleged role in meddling with the 2016 election. The Russian agents are accused of hacking email accounts controlled by the Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton’s campaign and publicizing messages. The indictments raised the stakes for the Helsinki summit, even as aides to both Trump and Putin ratcheted down expectations.

“Our relationship with Russia has NEVER been worse thanks to many years of U.S. foolishness and stupidity and now, the Rigged Witch Hunt!” Trump wrote on Twitter as he prepared to meet Finland’s president, Sauli Niinisto, for breakfast.

The Russian Foreign Ministry responded by tweet: “We agree.”

The Putin meeting follows a contentious NATO summit in Brussels last week at which Trump badgered U.S. allies to more rapidly increase their defense spending, insinuating he might withdraw from the alliance otherwise. He continued to castigate U.S. allies during his visit to the U.K., where he involved himself in the internal affairs of British Prime Minister Theresa May and German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

Spoiling The Mood - Trump deflected responsibility for confronting Moscow, saying in tweets and interviews that former President Barack Obama had done nothing to prevent the hacks of Democratic email accounts or to punish the Russians afterward.

The Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement on Friday that the indictments were baseless and had been timed to poison the mood ahead of the summit. Putin has allowed that non-state actors in Russia -- people he likened to “artists” -- may have taken it upon themselves to launch cyberattacks on Clinton’s campaign and the DNC.

“This is an attempt to see if we can defuse and take some of the drama, and quite frankly some of the danger, out of the relationship,” Jon Huntsman, the U.S. ambassador to Russia, said Sunday.

One possible outcome of the summit is renegotiation of a nuclear treaty that expires in 2021. Putin may update Trump on negotiations for pro-Iranian militias in Syria to withdraw from areas near Israel in favor of government troops. The Russian leader meanwhile wants to discuss the U.S. seizure of Russian diplomatic properties in the U.S. as punishment for the 2016 election meddling, as well as the arrests of Russian citizens in third countries at Washington’s request.

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said Saturday on RT that the aim of the meeting is merely to open what he called “frozen” channels of communication. Russia was kicked out of the Group of Eight nations after its 2014 annexation of Crimea from Ukraine. Relations have further degraded over Putin’s support for Syrian President Bashar al-Assad in his country’s civil war, and a nerve-agent poisoning this year of a former Russian spy living in Britain that the U.K. government has pinned on Moscow.

<Trump Calls Mueller Probe ‘Disaster’ While Standing Next to Putin> By Justin Sink, Margaret TalevIlya, Arkhipov, Jennifer Jacobs

President Donald Trump called Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s probe into Russian election meddling a “disaster” on Monday, again questioned whether Russia interfered in the 2016 election that he won and suggested he equally trusted U.S. intelligence officials and Vladimir Putin -- all as he stood beside the Russian leader.

In a remarkable news conference following a summit between Trump and Putin in Helsinki, both leaders challenged the U.S. intelligence community’s conclusion that the Kremlin meddled in the election and criticized the investigation into the interference, led by Mueller, that has resulted in indictments against more than two dozen Russians. The comments provoked a rare on-the-record rebuttal from Trump’s own intelligence director.

Putin said he wanted Trump to win the 2016 election but again denied his government had done anything to help the then-candidate.

In effect, the American and Russian presidents together aligned themselves against the U.S. intelligence and law enforcement establishment. There was swift and bipartisan condemnation of Trump in response, while Russian government officials and analysts delighted in the spectacle.

“The probe is a disaster for our country,” Trump said of Mueller’s investigation after he was asked whether he holds Russia accountable at all for poor relations with the U.S. “It’s kept us apart. It’s kept us separated.”

Trump said that “my people” including Dan Coats, his intelligence director “came to me and some others, they said they think it’s Russia.”

“I have President Putin, he just said it’s not Russia. I will say this, I don’t see any reason why it would be,” he continued. “I have confidence in both parties.”

Coats fired back with a statement later in the day, saying the intelligence findings are “fact-based” and “We have been clear in our assessments of Russian meddling in the 2016 election and their ongoing, pervasive efforts to undermine our democracy.”

Swift Rebuke - Democrats and some Republican members of Congress who have been critical of Trump in the past rebuked the president.

Senator John McCain, an Arizona Republican, said Trump’s press conference “was one of the most disgraceful performances by an American president in memory.” He added that “the damage inflicted by President Trump’s naiveté, egotism, false equivalence, and sympathy for autocrats is difficult to calculate.”

Republican Senator Ben Sasse of Nebraska blasted Trump’s statement blaming both sides for problems in the U.S.-Russia relationship as “bizarre and flat-out wrong.”

Senator Jeff Flake, an Arizona Republican, said on Twitter, “I never thought I would see the day when our American President would stand on the stage with the Russian President and place blame on the United States for Russian aggression. This is shameful.”

John Brennan, who was CIA director under President Barack Obama and helped produce the intelligence reports that first found Russia meddled in the election, called Trump’s statements at the press conference “nothing short of treasonous.” He added that Trump “is wholly in the pocket of Putin.”

Reaction from several Trump advisers varied. Some were aghast, predicting political fallout back home and that the backlash over the news conference would push the White House’s preferred narrative -- the strength of the economy; Trump’s Supreme Court nomination -- out of the news.

Others insisted Trump’s remarks were unsurprising, in-line with previous statements about Mueller’s probe -- he frequently criticizes it as a “witch hunt” -- and that the president wouldn’t be able to improve relations with Russia had he shamed Putin at the news conference.

<Republicans Call Trump Summit Remarks ‘Shameful’ and ‘Bizarre’> By Steven T. Dennis and Billy House

A growing number of Republican lawmakers harshly criticized President Donald Trump’s performance at a Monday news conference with Russian President Vladimir Putin, with House Speaker Paul Ryan saying that Russia must be held accountable for meddling in the 2016 election.

Trump’s strongest GOP critics were those who have faulted the president in the past. A handful of Republicans defended the president’s remarks, made after the two leaders met in Helsinki.

Senator John McCain, an Arizona Republican, said Trump’s comments represented “one of the most disgraceful performances by an American president in memory” and that “no prior president has ever abased himself more abjectly before a tyrant.”

“The damage inflicted by President Trump’s naivete, egotism, false equivalence, and sympathy for autocrats is difficult to calculate,” McCain said in a statement. “But it is clear that the summit in Helsinki was a tragic mistake.”

<Putin Says He Agreed With Trump to Secure Syria Border With Israel> By Henry Meyer

Russia has agreed with the U.S. to secure Israel’s Golan Heights frontier with Syria, a line set in 1974 at the end of their last war, Russian President Vladimir Putin said.

Russia has agreed with the U.S. to secure Israel’s Golan Heights frontier with Syria, a line set in 1974 at the end of their last war, Russian President Vladimir Putin said.

“This will allow us to return calm to the Golan, restore the cease-fire between Syria and Israel and fully guarantee the security of the State of Israel,” Putin said at a news conference with U.S. President Donald Trump after their summit in Helsinki on Monday. “Mr. President devoted a lot of attention to this. Russia wants this to happen.”

Trump said that “creating safety for Israel is something that both President Putin and myself” want to happen.

The U.S. has been pushing Russia to help eject Iran from postwar Syria, something the Kremlin says can’t be achieved. Still, the two countries have been trying to negotiate a deal on a pull back of Iranian-backed forces in southern Syria from the frontier and the deployment of troops loyal to the government in Damascus in their place. The Israeli-occupied section of the Golan was captured from Syria in the 1967 Middle East war.

Putin last week met separately in Moscow with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and a senior envoy of Iran’s Supreme Leader, Ali Khamenei, in an effort to forge a compromise.

Civil War - Trump has shifted away from his predecessor Barack Obama’s policy of demanding the ouster of Syrian leader Bashar al-Assad, a position the U.S. adopted before Russia intervened militarily in late 2015 to turn the tide of the civil war in Assad’s favor with Iran’s help.

Still, there are major questions about Putin’s ability to enforce any agreement involving Iran’s actions in Syria, even if he offers to deploy troops to police the border areas in question. Russia has taken the lead with Iran and Turkey in seeking to enforce a halt to the civil war that began in 2011, so that United Nations-backed peace talks can try to reach a political settlement.

Netanyahu commends the “abiding commitment” of the U.S. and Trump to the security of Israel and Putin’s pledge to uphold the 1974 disengagement accord, his office said in a text message.

<Trump’s Tainted Helsinki Talks With Putin> By Timothy L. O'Brien

By insulting allies and acting as a Kremlin apologist, the president has done nothing to assuage suspicion over his motives. When President Donald Trump meets with Vladimir Putin in Helsinki today he already will have given Russia’s leader a gift that eluded Putin’s predecessors throughout the Cold War’s long and perilous decades: bragging rights for having helped separate the U.S. from its Western European allies.

Trump — who began his recent European diplomatic tour by attacking Germany’s Chancellor, Angela Merkel, before repeatedly undermining and insulting the U.K.’s Prime Minister, Theresa May — told CBS’s Jeff Glor over the weekend that he considered the European Union to be America’s “foe.” He described Russia and China as foes in the same interview, too, but that was something of an afterthought. When asked to identify his “biggest foe globally right now,” his first response was the EU.

Trump, of course, has also gone out of his way to compliment and coddle Putin and his representatives in Washington ever since he launched his presidential bid in 2015. He has rarely criticized Putin during that period, diplomatic and strategic courtesies he hasn’t extended to Merkel and May, for example. Trump’s long string of indulgences for Putin includes being an apologist for the Kremlin’s efforts to sabotage the 2016 presidential election in the U.S.

<Trump’s Helsinki Disgrace> By Eli Lake

The president sees good nations on both sides of the U.S.-Russia relationship.
1000x-1.jpg

Beware Russians bearing gifts. Photographer: Chris McGrath/Getty Images Europe

Nearly a year after Donald Trump crippled his presidency by saying there was “blame on both sides” after a scrum between white nationalists and anti-racist protesters in Virginia, he has created another Charlottesville moment. This time it was on the world stage.

Trump’s 40-minute press conference on Monday with Russian President Vladimir Putin was an exercise in nauseating moral equivalency. In Trump’s view, there are good nations on both sides.

Start with the most obvious example. When asked whether he would condemn Putin for interfering in the U.S. election, Trump launched into a bizarre rant about the Democratic National Committee’s “missing server.” The president of the United States should know better, particularly after Robert Mueller’s latest indictment, which detailed how a dozen Russian military intelligence agents hacked the email accounts of leading Democrats.

Then Trump went further. After Putin said he would allow U.S. law enforcement officials to come to Moscow and watch as his police question the 12 agents Mueller indicted, Trump responded by calling it “an incredible offer.”

It isn’t. Putin was falsely equating his own country’s information operation against the Democratic Party with the U.S.’s refusal to recognize an arrest warrant for William Browder, the chief executive of Hermitage Capital. Browder has spent the last nine years of his life pursuing justice for Sergei Magnitsky, his Russian lawyer, who died in prison in 2009 after exposing embezzlement by government officials.

And who knows what Trump said in private to Putin; they met alone (with only translators present) for two hours before meeting the press. But Trump’s failure to summon a micron of public outrage at Putin’s false equivalency is telling.

<Putin and Trump Couldn’t Make the Relationship Work> By Leonid Bershidsky

The summit ended without agreements because there’s nothing the leaders can do for each other, however much they would like to.

Given the weeks of apocalyptic speculation that preceded the Helsinki summit between Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin, the news conference that followed the meeting Monday should have been anticlimactic: Nothing was agreed, nothing gained or conceded. And yet John Brennan, who ran the Central Intelligence Agency during the Obama administration, tweeted that Trump’s performance was “nothing short of treasonous.”

John O. Brennan @JohnBrennan

Donald Trump’s press conference performance in Helsinki rises to & exceeds the threshold of “high crimes & misdemeanors.” It was nothing short of treasonous. Not only were Trump’s comments imbecilic, he is wholly in the pocket of Putin. Republican Patriots: Where are you???
11:52 AM - Jul 16, 2018

<America First, Unless Vladimir Putin’s in the Room> By Mark Gongloff

Trump’s Helsinki performance shows who’s really No. 1.
600x-1.jpg

Body language. That Helsinking Feeling! Photographer: ALEKSEY NIKOLSKYI/AFP/Getty Images

Many people expressed shock about President Donald Trump’s performance in a press conference with Russian President Vladimir Putin today. But maybe they should have seen it coming.

To be sure, it was pretty surprising that Trump didn’t at least wave in the general direction of the mountain of evidence Russia interfered in the 2016 election. Instead, he gave Putin a pass, said a bunch of confusing stuff about Hillary Clinton’s email server and called Robert Mueller’s investigation “a disaster.” Instead of criticizing Russia for its bad behavior, including naked aggression in Eastern Europe, he retreated to the same “good people on both sides” argument he made in response to white-supremacist violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, last year, points out Eli Lake.

This was the sort of thing Bloomberg LP founder Michael R. Bloomberg expressed worry about ahead of the Trump-Putin summit, which followed a contentious NATO meeting: “Alienating friends who share our values while ignoring a hostile power’s intrusions into U.S. sovereignty is diplomacy at its most incompetent and counterproductive … .” Click here to read the whole thing.

And Tim O’Brien had written that Trump’s motives going into the summit were already suspect, given the many ties between his campaign and Russia and his long history of coddling Putin: “Whatever conversation Trump has with Putin today is going to be tainted regardless of talking points, alas, because Trump has established himself so firmly as a Putin fanboy.”

Some called Trump’s press-conference behavior treasonous. Leonid Bershidsky argues it’s “just sad:” Trump so desperately needs validation that he will even seek it from Vladimir Putin. And while Russia’s President is glad to give Trump warm fuzzies, the relationship can never yield much more, with both sides now appearing hopelessly compromised.

On the plus side, as Eli and Leonid note, though he’d long ago given Putin his dignity, Trump at least gave away nothing concrete.

(Comment: With all this Trump bashing (with the above - as only a small sampling) the hate speech puts Trump in a more vulnerable position of an "attempted assassination" when he gets back on US soil? I pray for his safety - at this point!)

I knew that the press and other mouthpieces were gonna be hysterical over the meeting but was kinda blown away by how they’ve gone into full meltdown mode and it’s crazy. It's like seeing every lie that's been told being amplified x1000. I put "Putin Trump" in a search on Twitter and almost EVERY single tweet I've come across is screaming out 'traitor' or ‘Trump is Putin's puppet’ or 'he's disgraced the US' bla bla bla – gimme a break!

Yeah, that's exactly what happened to me too. I was expecting some hysteria but this level is unbelievable, or maybe I just haven't seen enough of the social media yet.

What really baffles me is the fact that people are so separated from reality this time that it's really a huge case study of mass hysteria. This might be a reduction of a complex thing, but I'd say hysteria can basically be understood as a condition were individuals are unable to come to terms with a reality that is particularly disturbing so they react in all sorts of weird ways that function as defence mechanisms to prevent them from facing that particular issue. You really have to make some serious mental gymnastics in order to see this summit in the way they are seeing it. The usual suspects from the media are clearly doing their job in spreading the narrative, but the mass hysteria is what strikes today. To be fair, with so much propaganda, it seems that the necessary triggers have been pressed long and hard enough for people to start losing it completely.

How come a meeting between the leaders of the most powerful countries in the world be seen as a "Treason Summit"? And why exactly a president who actually does something to improve relationships and work towards solving their issues should be impeached? How twisted must a mind be to say this is the "the darkest hour in the history of the American presidency"?

First, it shows a complete ignorance of the horrors that country has been through in the past which is dangerous in itself ("Those who forget history...", remember?) but it also manifests how disturbed that person must be in order see something in such a distorted way. "War is peace", peace is war... where did we hear that before?

Orwell talked about the distortion of words and we see that too in other areas, but this is a whole different level already; it's interpreting the oposite of what an event actually means. Dialog and a peaceful relationship between "partners" (or even "good competitors"), instead of war against an "evil enemy", is seen as a declaration or war to the values that are so dear to Americans, yet that is precisely what those values (say, freedom, justice, healthy competition, human rights, etc.) stand for, even though the US government hasn't been particularly good at putting them into practice... and that guy clearly hasn't got a clue. Fortunately he's been replied by other people telling him about many other darker hours in American presidency.

What I find interesting is that this particular issue seems to trigger different "moral taste buds" which are more present in the conservative people. We've seen plenty of propaganda triggering the lefty "moral taste buds" with all the "Hitler is a nazi/sexist/racist/whatever" and the immigration scandal, but in this particular episode of "Russia-hate hysteria" most of the noise is about "treason", because a journalist asked if Trump would trust Putin more than "every intelligence agency in the US"-which is a deliberate lie or an ignorance show-off- and everybody started crying because, oh!, Trump loves Putin more than the intelligence agencies who have always lied to the American people and even committed crimes against them.

So basically, we've come to the point were people are actually pissed off because their president asked the intelligence agencies to provide some concrete evidence of collusion and showed some confidence in what Putin was saying. We're talking about the same intelligence agencies that are designed to lie, commit extrajudicial killings abroad and at home, spy on them, and basically work as the actual totalitarian regime that they fear so much. I have no words to express how incredible this is. Are we close to seeing the people actually calling for "a Hitler" to come and trash all their liberties while they think they're defending their cherished "American values"?

Well, Putin was very clear regarding them going against their own democracy:

I have worked in intelligence too, and I know how these dossiers are compiled. This is my first point.

My second point is that I consider Russia to be a democratic state. I hope you do not deny this to your country, the United States of America, either. Is the United States a democratic state? If so, then the final ruling in a dispute of this kind can only be made in court, not an intelligence service.

And since I'm mentioning the press conference itself, I think that we have testified another example of how brilliant Putin is when he invited Americans to be part of a joint investigation with Russia. What can the US say now without being seen as suspect for not wanting to cooperate with such an open Russia? They are invited, it's up to them now, the ball is on their side, quite literally.

And I think Trump's words here were very important and, in some odd way, even inspiring:

I am here today to continue the proud tradition of bold American diplomacy. From the earliest days of our republic, American leaders have understood that diplomacy and engagement is preferable to conflict and hostility. A productive dialogue is not only good for the United States and good for Russia, but it is good for the world.

The disagreements between our two countries are well-known. President Putin and I discussed them at length today. But if we are going to solve many of the problems facing our world, then we are going to have to find ways to cooperate in pursuit of shared interests. Too often in both the recent past and long ago we have seen the consequences when diplomacy is left on the table.

We have also seen the benefits of cooperation. In the last century our nations fought alongside one another in the Second World War. Even during the tensions of the Cold War, when the world looked much different than it does today, the United States and Russia were able to maintain a strong dialogue. But our relationship has never been worse than it is now.

However, that changed as of about four hours ago. I really believe that. Nothing would be easier politically than to refuse to meet, to refuse to engage, but that would not accomplish anything. As President, I cannot make decisions on foreign policy in a futile effort to appease partisan critics, or the media, or Democrats who want to do nothing but resist and obstruct.

Constructive dialogue between the United States and Russia forges the opportunity to open new pathways toward peace and stability in our world. I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. As President, I will always put what is best for America and what is best for the American people.

Finally (I promise), I just wonder, how can all these people not be happy to hear that from the POTUS? Did people even hear what he said? I really doubt it, they're just eating what the media feeds them and few are talking about what has actually been said.

Great Post, Yas! :perfect:

17.07.2018 - US-Russian Cooperation Can Strike Blow to Washington's Militarists - Analysts
US-Russian Cooperation Can Strike Blow to Washington's Militarists - Analysts

Differences on critical issues should not pose insurmountable obstacles to US-Russian cooperation which can help reduce the odds of warmongers sparking a military confrontation, analysts told Sputnik.

At the Helsinki summit and press conference on Monday, Russian President Vladimir Putin said after his talks with US leader Donald Trump that Moscow had passed to the United States its own proposals for joint cooperation on the non-proliferation of weapons of mass destruction (WMDs).

Russia also proposed that Moscow and Washington re-establish a working group on counter-terrorism, Putin said. He also proposed that Russia and the United States could have the leading roles in helping resolve the humanitarian crisis in Syria.

Reducing Risk - Retired US Army Major and historian Todd Pierce said the new proposals can reduce the risk of a global war if Washington can abandon its tendency to overthrow governments it does not like.

Any cooperation by these two nuclear armed countries will be of benefit to the world if it reduces the likelihood of a war and right now, that risk is greater coming from US ultra-militarists," Pierce told Sputnik on Monday. "The beginning of a joint anti-terror [working group] would have to be a commitment by the US to renounce ‘regime change’ as a foreign policy."

The previous two US administrations, Pierce explained, were multipliers of terrorism as a result of military aggression.

"If Russia puts the brakes on another US war, there will be less terrorism… so that would be a successful anti-terror Initiative in itself," he said.

Although Trump was seeking a constructive tone in his talks with Putin, he has a track record already of fueling global tensions including by withdrawing from the Iran nuclear agreement.

Trump with his close friend [Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin] Netanyahu gives one little hope that will change with what is evidence of even more aggression against Iran," he said.

However, the prospective of improved relations and growing, renewed détente between the United States and Russia could act as a restraining influence on Washington’s militarist impulses, thereby reducing the main driving force fanning the growth of international terror, Pierce explained.

Reason for Optimism - Retired US Army officer and historian Colonel Doug Macgregor told Sputnik that the Helsinki meeting had been an important and constructive step forward. "Despite the opposition from the Washington swamp, President Trump's meeting with President Putin signals reason for optimism," he said.

Both heads of state expressed a willingness to cooperate in some key areas, notably Syria and nuclear proliferation, Macgregor observed.

"As for the future there is serious interest in seeking common ground with the understanding that areas of divergent strategic interest will remain, but need not present insurmountable obstacles to future cooperation," Macgregor said.

Trump and Putin both labeled the talks as highly "successful," "productive" and essential for improving the ties between the countries. Putin added that it was only a first step, although important.

17.07.2018 - Efforts to Isolate Russia Have Failed - Putin
Efforts to Isolate Russia Have Failed - Putin

Many things changed for the better during the meeting with US President Donald Trump in Helsinki, Finland, Russian President Vladimir Putin said in an interview with Fox News on Monday.

"A lot of things changed for the better during today’s meeting," Putin told Fox News on Monday. "This [meeting] is the beginning of a path, this is a start. We did make a good start today."

Vladimir Putin said in an interview that Russia is prepared to extend START nuclear treaty that expires in 2021.

"In 2021, the new START Treaty is about to expire so what are we going to do next?" Putin told Fox News. "I reassured President Trump that Russia stands ready to extend this treaty, to prolong it, but we have to agree on the specifics at first because we have some questions to our American partners."

Vladimir Putin added that the United States is not fully compliant with the treaty, but that point is for the experts to decide. Vladimir Putin also said that new Russian weapons are being developed in response to US' withdrawal from Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty (ABM Treaty) Treaty.

"They were not born out of nowhere. They were born as a response to the unilateral withdrawal of the united States from the ABM Treaty," Vladimir Putin said in an interview.

Moreover, Moscow is hopeful that Russia and the United States will be able to find an acceptable solution for both countries with regards to strategic stability, including the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty (INF) treaty, Vladimir Putin said in an interview.

I do hope that in terms of strategic stability we will be able to find an… acceptable solution for both sides, and that applies to the INF Treaty and the intermediate and short range missiles as well," Putin told Fox News on Monday.

Russian President Vladimir Putin stressed in an interview on Monday that Western efforts to isolate Russia have not succeeded. "I think you see for yourself these efforts failed and they were never bound to succeed," Putin told Fox News when asked about efforts by Western countries to isolate Russia.

Vladimir Putin also highlighted the importance of Russia to international security, the economy and its contribution to the world energy market is too big to be sanctioned or isolated.

The United States and Russia must look for ways to address common challenges and address common concerns, Vladimir Putin said. Monday’s meeting with Trump is a good start, Putin added. Moscow is interested in developing security, strategic stability and economic relations with the US, Putin emphasized in an interview on Monday.

"We are interested in developing our relationship in the area of security, in strategic stability, economic challenges, strategic challenges and any other challenges that we have," Vladimir Putin told Fox News on Monday.

When asked about NATO potentially adding Ukraine or Georgia as new military allies, Vladimir Putin said that "moving this NATO infrastructure towards our borders would be a threat… the reaction would be extremely negative."

Putin has also commented on the denuclearization of the Korean peninsula. The Russian president stressed that this issue would require international guarantees and Russia stands ready to help.

"I will point out again that I think President Trump contributed a lot, he did a lot to settle this issue, but in order to achieve complete denuclearization of the peninsula it will take international guarantees and Russia stands ready to make its contribution to the extent that it will be necessary," Valdimir Putin said.

Vladimir Putin also said he and Trump discussed the Iranian nuclear program issue. Both leaders are beginning to achieve an understanding of issues of crucial importance to each nation, which marks a change for the better following Monday’s summit in Helsinki, Putin added.

'Ungrounded Accusations': Putin Slams UK Novichok Poison Claims - When asked about the UK charges that Moscow was allegedly behind the Novichok-type nerve agent contamination, Vladimir Putin stressed that London had not provided any evidence on the case.

"We would like to get at least some sort of a document and evidence about it, but nobody gives it to us," Putin told Fox News on Monday.

Vladimir Putin also said the case could be driven by domestic issues in Britain, saying "Nobody wants to look into these."

"We just see the ungrounded accusations… why is it done this way? Why should our relationship be made worse by this?"

US-Russia Ties Should Not Be Held Hostage to Mueller Probe - During the wide-ranging interview, Vladimir Putin also explained his position on the so-called "Russian interference" in the US elections by saying that the issue is basically an outcome of internal American political fights. "These are domestic political games in the United States. It is not necessary to make relations between the US hostage to this internal political struggle," Putin said.

"It is quite clear to me that this is used in the internal political struggle. And American democracy should not be proud of using such dirty methods in political rivalries," he added.

Moreover, Moscow is surprised Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s office has yet to send an official request related to the indictment of 12 Russian intelligence officers given a US-Russian criminal treaty is in place, President Vladimir Putin said in an interview.

"With the United States, we have a treaty for assistance in criminal cases… that exists from 1991. It’s still in force and it works sufficiently today," Putin told Fox News on Monday. "Why wouldn’t Special Counsel Mueller send us an official request within the framework of this agreement? Our investigators would be acting in accordance with this treaty. They will question each individual that American partners are suspecting of something. Why no single request was filed? Nobody sent a single formal letter, formal request.
It simply surprises me."

Earlier in the day, during a joint presser with US President Donald Trump in Helsinki, Putin said that Mueller could send an official request to question people named in the indictment. Employees of the Russian prosecutor's office and investigative authorities can conduct this questioning and then send relevant materials to the United States.

16.07.2018 - US Media Loses It Over Trump-Putin Presser, Forgets American History
US Media Loses It Over Trump-Putin Presser, Forgets American History

CNN anchor Anderson Cooper did not think Monday’s news conference in Helsinki, Finland, between Russian President Vladimir Putin and US President Donald Trump went well, calling it “one of the most disgraceful performances by an American leader.”

"You have been watching perhaps one of the most disgraceful performances by an American president at a summit in front of a Russian leader certainly than I've ever seen — an extraordinary press conference," Cooper said. Rather than reporting on what occurred, the anchor instead jumped into his own speculation moments after the press conference ended.

During the press conference, Trump reiterated his claim that there was "no collusion" between Moscow and the president's 2016 campaign and impugned Special Counsel Robert Mueller's probe as a "disaster for our country."

It's ridiculous. It's ridiculous what's going on with the probe," Trump said.

Reviewing the history of disgraceful actions on the part of American leaders, several Twitter users noted that it just might be possible that holding a press conference with a foreign head of state is not the most horrific thing an American president can do.

Many liberals have said the news conference was evidence of "treason," though it's difficult to see how two leaders meeting and holding a press conference — doing their jobs — could be construed as evidence of treason in any sense of the word.

Speaking about the US-Russia relationship, Trump said, "Our relationship has never been worse than it is now. However, that changed as of about four hours ago. Nothing would be easier politically than to refuse to meet, to refuse to engage, but that would not accomplish anything. As president, I cannot make decisions on foreign policy in a futile effort to appease partisan critics or the media or Democrats who want to do nothing but resist and obstruct."

Putin also dismissed the allegations of collusion between Moscow and the Trump campaign, saying, "It's difficult to imagine an utter nonsense of a bigger scale than this."

Great post @fabric, my feelings exactly. I had to stop looking at the meltdown of brains "left and right" because it really drove me crazy. This CNN piece almost did me in: https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/16/politics/trump-tweet-putin/index.html This is so dumb, fascist and authoritarian I can't even find words for it.

On a positive note, this piece by Tucker Carlson is just awesome, especially how he totally destroys the leftie braindead at the end of the clip. Tucker really is one smart, disagreeable SOB, gotta love him!

What the heck is going on...now Jim Jordan also writes that "Russia meddled in the election"???

See here:

They are in total meltdown mode because of that meeting with Trump. The whole mainstream world, not just in the US, but all over the western world is playing the same accord in this like seldom before. I think I have never seen a more ridiculous, crazy and utterly senseless mania about a very positive thing in my whole life.

This time, even Trumps republican "party colleagues" are outraged and even the "pro Trump" news agencies like Fox News are going crazy about it and many ordinary people who still believe the Mainstream nonsense as well.

I've watched the press conference live while it happened and I was very positively surprised about the atmosphere between Putin and Trump and the peaceful and respectful attitude from both of them. Actually that was somewhat why I actually expected from it and was happy to see it unfold like that.

It was also very refreshing to hear the statements of both Presidents about all that Propaganda Nonsense. I also got the slight feeling that Trump was impressed by Putin and liked the way he handled the Fake News Media when they asked their utterly ridiculous, mean and rabble rousing "questions" to both Presidents. I also go the feeling that Trump liked the questions that came from sensible real journalist from russian media, including RT, that were not filled with Propaganda but rather with constructive and rational questions.

There are several things besides that, which stood out for me as well, not only during the press conference, but before that point. All of which probably contributed to the mania the western mainstream world is displaying right now about it. Pretty much the whole meeting, including the press conference, is something the western elites see as a very dangerous development for their control over the masses and the President.

- Trump tweeted before the meeting:
"Our relationship with Russia has NEVER been worse thanks to many years of U.S. foolishness and stupidity and now, the Rigged Witch Hunt!"

- Trump wasn't willing during the press conference to affirm the Propaganda Nonsense against Russia and instead expressed confidence in Putin and pointed out things that should be investigated like the Killary DNC deleting of E-Mails

- Trump and Putin talked about peace and the end of the cold war and partnership

- Their meeting was held for several hours between the two alone without their advisors.

- They talked about a host of sensible topics, including, Ukraine, Syria, North Korea, De-nuclearisation of both countries, the Propaganda Nonsense about "russias interference", security etc.

- Trump said during the press conference that he is looking forward to a lot more meetings with Putin in that format in the future

- Trump seemed to be impressed by the way Putin handled the situation during the press conference

- Trump was probably relieved to finally being able to talk with the only person in the world that truly understands what he is going through

- Trumps speech and statements made a lot of sense and where directed toward a rational and peaceful development of relations between the two countries

- Putin probably has a stabilizing and good influence on Trump

After the meltdown started, Trump reaffirmed the positive results of the meeting in following four tweets:

"As I said today and many times before, “I have GREAT confidence in MY intelligence people.” However, I also recognize that in order to build a brighter future, we cannot exclusively focus on the past – as the world’s two largest nuclear powers, we must get along! "

"I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics."

A productive dialogue is not only good for the United States and good for Russia, but it is good for the world.

While I had a great meeting with NATO, raising vast amounts of money, I had an even better meeting with Vladimir Putin of Russia. Sadly, it is not being reported that way - the Fake News is going Crazy!

The reaction of the mainstream is the craziest thing I've ever seen and could be summarized as follows:

"Ohh my god! Peace could break out, let's counteract it with every dirty trick in the book! We can't afford to loose an non existent enemy. Today is the worst day ever for us."

Last edited:
It was unfortunate that I had to listen to the 6:00 pm MSM news last night at work. I almost had a frenzied melt down myself...:scared:

They're really losing it over this "disgraceful, treasonous" meeting. Tokyo Rose/John McCain is still out there being infuriating, "one of the most disgraceful performances by an American president in memory" where his words among others. If we're lucky they all will have some major short circuit in their tiny brains over this that will put them out of commission for good :evil:!

The meeting has given me hope and just maybe progress will be made in spite of all the slime balls in Washington.

Back
Top Bottom