UFOs Today - 70 Years of Lies, Misinformation, Cover-up by Irena McCammon Scott

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Just finished reading this book and it's darned good; I was surprised because it didn't start very smoothly and the author is obviously more accustomed to writing reports than books. Still, she gets a good flow now and then, and throughout she delivers a very good account of the history of modern UFOs and where the subject is today.

Additionally, she brings in some really interesting information that I didn't know and recites quite a number of cases with details that I'd never heard of before.

One thing she talks about that surprised me in a way are the "strange sounds". It gives today's "mysterious sounds in the sky" an all-new perspective.

She discusses at length a mystery roar that occurred on October 11, 1973, and the apparently related UFO flap. And lord, it was a doozie! I never heard of some of the reports she describes. Others, yes, and she doesn't spend much time on those that have been well-publicized, but gives new information even if it is about old times!

Anyway, this terrific boom that occurred in Oct of 73 is just fantastically interesting! She even published a paper about the sound in a peer-reviewed scientific journal. She says:

"With the exception of the Krakatoa volcanic eruption of 1883, the 1973 boom could be the most widespread audible sound on record. The deafening boom roared through a multi-state area in the Midwest ... at around 9 p.m. The sound was accompanied by a sudden increase in UFO sightings, reports of alien abductions and other unexplainable events - some at the exact time of the blast. The boom was felt in 10 states... Shelton Alexander, Penn State geophysics and seismology expert said the only other possibility is that it could have been a meteorite coming into the area. It appeared that the boom represented a physical object entering the earth's atmosphere at a high speed. ...concurrent with the sound, people began to see low-altitude flying objects that fit neither the pattern of falling debris, nor of a high-altitude cloud." (pp. 139-141)

Then this:

"What was called a "City in the sky" UFO event occurred in Columbus, Ohio ... on June 22 1985." She goes on to recount the stories of the various witnesses and it sounds pretty much like they are describing the UFOs in "Independence Day", like freaking aircraft carriers in the sky, low, slow and mostly silent EXCEPT "The object briefly emitted a "blaring sound" that stopped after a few seconds. ... The blaring noise was replaced by 30 seconds of a 'banging sound' like that of heavy machinery. After this there was silence."

There's a lot of discussion about evidence for high level cover-ups that is really bizarre, but surely no more than we expected. Still, it is a fascinating part of the text.

Book is just chock full of goodies.

"What was called a "City in the sky" UFO event occurred in Columbus, Ohio ... on June 22 1985." She goes on to recount the stories of the various witnesses and it sounds pretty much like they are describing the UFOs in "Independence Day", like freaking aircraft carriers in the sky, low, slow and mostly silent

I read about these credible accounts of gigantic UFO's, over large cities. I wonder what going on inside? I imagine a factory style assembly line of programming stations, implants ect. Perhaps the loud noise was a "malfunction" of some sort which made the UFO visible in the first place.

I read about these credible accounts of gigantic UFO's, over large cities. I wonder what going on inside? I imagine a factory style assembly line of programming stations, implants ect. Perhaps the loud noise was a "malfunction" of some sort which made the UFO visible in the first place.

Considering the interactive nature of UFOs as the author describes in some detail, that is unlikely to be the solution. As she details, UFOs seem to be in control of who sees them and who does not. And that leads to the question about "mysterious sounds from the sky"... can it be that they are cloaked UFOs?

The book is well worth reading.

She discusses at length a mystery roar that occurred on October 11, 1973, and the apparently related UFO flap. And lord, it was a doozie! I never heard of some of the reports she describes. Others, yes, and she doesn't spend much time on those that have been well-publicized, but gives new information even if it is about old times!

Interesting, I wounder if portal was breached flooding the world with 4D visitors.
1973: October UFO & Alien Sighting – Think AboutIt – Docs

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, I wounder if portal was breached flooding the world with 4D visitors.
1973: October UFO & Alien Sighting – Think AboutIt – Docs
Interesting... This website lists 150 reports in October 1973 from California to Australia, mostly in US. Diverse nature of reported phenomenon makes me wonder some cosmic natural event triggered some viel thinning? Looked at the any natural earth change type of events for the month, nothing much. There is Yom Kippur war, watergate but I don't think Aliens care any of this.

Interesting... This website lists 150 reports in October 1973 from California to Australia, mostly in US. Diverse nature of reported phenomenon makes me wonder some cosmic natural event triggered some viel thinning? Looked at the any natural earth change type of events for the month, nothing much. There is Yom Kippur war, watergate but I don't think Aliens care any of this.

What is interesting is the sheer volume of UFO reports in that month. According to Scott, there were 150 reports on Oct 17, just in central Ohio on that date. In Wheeling W. VA, there were almost 100.

Right at the time of the "thunderous boom", the famous Pascagoula Mississippi abduction took place; the Charles Hickson and Calvin Parker incident.

Then, there was the Coyne UFO incident where a helicopter crew were terrorized by a UFO during flight; there were ground witnesses of the event as well. The actions of the gov in response to that one were truly weird.

Basically, on Oct 11 thousands of people all through the Eastern US began reporting strange events. The media was not allowed to report all of this stuff, so it wasn't getting out on the airwaves causing a mass panic, either.

On Oct 14 there were apparently some of the first "cow abductions".

On Oct 17 of that year, the first "home invasion" of aliens took place, and the first group abduction. In Georgia, a guy said his entire truck that he was driving down the road was "sucked" into a UFO.

On Nov 5 another thunderous boom preceded a wave of sightings and encounters in New England.

Your have to read the book to get a good picture of this crazy time.

Overall, the UFO phenomenon as recounted by Scott confirms the C's explanations of things right down the line. There is a semi-physical quality, but overall, it is weird beyond anything ordinary science is accustomed to deal with.

Scott points out that the government response to all of it has been cover-up, lies, and even the use of brain-washing and propaganda to produce skepticism. Scott writes:

"The government has manipulated the results of scientific studies such as the one done by Battelle, to show that they found nothing when in fact, they did. In other cases, it has set up panels that purported to examine the subject "scientifically," but instead used them to debunk the phenomena, such as those of Robertson and Condon. It has actively set up debunking campaigns to plant outlandish UFO claims in the media to make UFO reports sound ridiculous. The Condon Report summary cautioned teachers to discourage any interest of pupils in UFOs because such study would be harmful to their development. So if UFOs do not exist, how would an interest in them harm pupils and why should young people be brainwashed? Such activities might not help people, but they would certainly benefit the UFO phenomena by causing people to not take it seriously thus helping it to hide its activities.

"In addition, because UFO phenomena may be quite complex, one even wonders exactly what governments are covering up. And if the observed phenomenon seems to contradict standard paradigms, such as that of controlled experimentation, the science should accept that it doesn't control the universe and develop methods to explore events that may not be under human control. This is important because the idea of controlled experimentation might even turn out to be a fatal flaw of science."

Scott really pulls a lot of things together. I don't think any of it will be surprising to forumites familiar with the C's material, but it is somewhat satisfying to see the various bits of evidence all collected together that support what the C's have said. And, of course, the C's have given even more in the way of explanations that would help these people to understand what they are seeing in this data. People such as Vallee, Linda Moulton Howe, Bigelow, etc. have been doing their darndest to stick to just the evidence, just the reports, to try to bring science to bear on the problem, with very little in the way of results. And the Cs have explained clearly why that is the case.

Heck, after that long period of reading cases, I knew mainstream science wasn't going to cut it very early on and that's why I began the Cs experiment in the first place.

Some documented case of that time.

Have we been visited by space aliens? This story recalls the night in October, 1973, that two men, Charles Hickson and Calvin Parker,

We visit a couple Locations in southern British Columbia Canada where a UFO was sighted The sightings from 1973 were never reported and we are grateful for the info sent to us in 2018

On the evening of 11th October 1973, 19-year-old Calvin Parker was fishing with a friend on the Pascagoula River in Mississippi when lights appeared in the sky. Three creatures with “leathery grey skin and crab-like claws” grabbed hold of the two men and pulled them aboard their spacecraft. Calvin shares what happened next.

From our WFAA Newsfilm Collection: UFOs are seen over the DFW area and several theories are proffered. October 1973.

Today Paul Pepper and BILL WICKERSHAM cover a wide range of UFO topics on today's show, but if you're watching in Columbia, you might be interested in hearing the story about a 1973 UFO sighting here in the area [5:02] . January 21, 2015

The Mount Vernon UFO Train Stop
Published on Oct 26, 2015 / 4:59
Looks at the October 1973 Mount Vernon incident in which a train was followed by a UFO.

FWIW:
Project Blue Book: The Air Force's covert UFO investigation is brought to TV

HISTORY’s upcoming new drama series 'Project Blue Book' is based on the true, top-secret investigations into Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs) and related phenomena conducted by the United States Air Force from 1952 to 1969.

New episodes Tuesdays at 10/9c

Watch full episodes:
Project Blue Book Full Episodes, Video & More | HISTORY

Trailer:
I watched first episode - Air Force pilot and Dr. Hynek attempted to replicate flying manuevers reported by airman who engaged w/ mysterious bright light. They were trying to prove the airman had actually encountered a weather balloon but ended up crashing. Amazingly, Hynek did not suffer any significant injury whereas AF guy had injured arm. Subsequently, airman told Hynek he did not fly the manuevers - that the object controlled the plane.

Assuming this particular depiction is factual, I was surprised that Hynek had been involved in such a crash and walked away basically unharmed. I've followed UFO info enough to be well aware of Dr. Hynek's involvement in investigating the phenomenon. Again, assuming this drama is more fact than fiction, it will be interesting to get details that are new to me.

Last edited:
I finished reading this book the other day and it was certainly interesting to see how the testimonials of some events point to the paranormal aspect of the UFO phenomena where the "nuts and bolts" approach falls short to describe what is involved. Even a specific event can be seen different by several people even though they are standing next to each other. One person can see a fireball, a second one a more metallic object. It is pretty darn!

I thought the book was going to be spookier, but even though it has the most incredible testimonials ever witnessed in mankind's recent history, the writing is approached from a journalistic and research perspective. I'm surprised the author stayed grounded throughout this process. Very interesting reading!

I finished reading this book the other day and it was certainly interesting to see how the testimonials of some events point to the paranormal aspect of the UFO phenomena where the "nuts and bolts" approach falls short to describe what is involved. Even a specific event can be seen different by several people even though they are standing next to each other. One person can see a fireball, a second one a more metallic object. It is pretty darn!

That's interesting! If i remember correctly, John Keel explained in his book Operation Trojan Horse, how the encounters in different eras have features that fit to the expectations of that age. Like how century ago the UFO's/beings may have manifested looking like something that fits to the expectations people had about technology and culture back then.

If there's so huge difference in the accounts of the exact same event, maybe the phenomena interacts somehow with the conciousness it encounters, and camouflages itself according to the beliefs and exceptations of the witness; another one sees something resembling like natural phenomena and other one sees something more like nuts and bolts type aircraft.

I thought the book was going to be spookier, but even though it has the most incredible testimonials ever witnessed in mankind's recent history, the writing is approached from a journalistic and research perspective. I'm surprised the author stayed grounded throughout this process. Very interesting reading!
Having recently finished reading this book as well, I too was surprised by how 'flat' the writing was. She has chronographically researched reported events, and even those not 'officially' reported. Different chapters approach these same events from different perspectives, so it tends to get a little repetitive, from personal reports to documentary evidence, often of a classified nature. Yet well worth reading.

Is it somehow connected with the earthquakes?

This book doesn't particularly refer to earthquakes, but one wonders considering 4D battles and earth changes. Reminds me of a series of predictions the Cs made in the early sessions and which was discussed in this session from 2016:

{From session 3 Dec. 1994:

Ukraine explosion; chemical or nuclear. Hawaii crash; aviation, possibly involving military. More California seismic activity after 1st of year: San Diego, San Bernardino, North Bakersfield, Barstow: all are fracture points. Hollister, Palo Alto, Imperial, Ukiah, Eureka, Point Mendocino, Monterrey, Offshore San Luis Obispo, Capistrano, Carmel: these are all stress points of fracture in sequence. "Time" is indefinite. Expect gradual destruction of California economy as people begin mass exodus. Also, Shasta erupts; Lassen activity. Ocean floor begins to subside. Leave channel open and pause: Queen Elizabeth serious illness; blood related. Princess Diana suicide attempt. Gas explosions this winter in NE United States, Texas and other. Supernova and unusual weather all over. Memphis feels tremors. Minneapolis banking scandal relates to mysterious Nordic covenant. Evangelical sexual tryst exposed. Gold is discovered in California after one of the quakes. UFOs dramatic increase and Gulf Breeze gets swarmed, becomes massive "Mecca". Laura sees much more UFO activity. Huge wave of UFO activity. All manner and origins. Just you wait, it will give you chills and that feeling in the pit of your stomach. Many aliens will appear and we will be visible too. Think of it as a convention. All must awaken to this. It is happening right now. The whole populace will play individual roles according to their individual frequencies. This is only the beginning. Just you wait "Henry Higgins," just you wait!}

If i remember correctly, John Keel explained in his book Operation Trojan Horse, how the encounters in different eras have features that fit to the expectations of that age. Like how century ago the UFO's/beings may have manifested looking like something that fits to the expectations people had about technology and culture back then.

Speaking of John Keel and mysterious sounds from the sky, there are of course the "skyquakes" and the connection between possible overhead explosion and the UFO phenomena. Very good to hear that Keel isn't the only one talking about such things! Although it appears that he didn't consider skyquakes having to do with overhead meteor explosions. Thanks for the recommendation!

Here's the relevant quote from Keel's "Disneyland of the Gods".

In October, 1976, I was pecking away at a typewriter in the foreign press office in Stockholm, Sweden when the entire city was suddenly shaken by a mammoth explosion. Windows rattled and objects rolled off tables. Local newspapermen besieged the airports and military with queries. Strangely, nothing had exploded in the area and the authorities had no idea what had happened. Various rumors circulated, the most popular being that a Soviet submarine base had suffered a disaster hundreds of miles away on the other side of the Baltic. A few days later another violent blast shook Oslo, Norway and, like the Stockholm explosion, seemed to occur somewhere in the upper atmosphere without leaving a trace.

Skyquakes are a relatively common phenomenon but only a handful of Forteans were researching the subject until December 1977, when a series of mysterious aerial blasts shook the Atlantic seaboard. Overnight a wide variety of scientists and self-styled experts embraced the subject, and President Carter ordered the U.S. Air Force to investigate.

One scientist widely quoted in the press actually proposed that the explosions were caused by bubbles of methane gas coming up through fissures in the ocean's bottom. Methane gas. That's swamp gas, folks! The explanation is even more unlikely than the phenomenon itself.

Actually these mysterious blasts have been occurring in the Northeast for many years, and there are legends of ”phantom artillery” going back several centuries. The most famous account is the ”Barisal Guns” of India. British colonists frequently heard the inexplicable booms around Bengal. Others reported similar aerial blasts in the West Indies, around Haiti, and in far-off Central Australia. Lake Bosumtwi, Africa, and Lough Neagh in Ireland were also frequently visited by the mysterious cannons. The Indians in the Black Hills of South Dakota have legends about the explosions, and the Lewis and Clark expedition is supposed to have heard the phenomenon in the Rocky Mountains. Lake Seneca, one of the Finger Lakes in New York state, has a long history of ”airquakes,” as the newspapers of 1977 dubbed the sounds. The gas bubble theory was already old hat in 1897, and was generally discredited by witnesses who reported the lake was frozen over at the times of the blasts.

On December 2, 1977, a skyquake jarred the residents of New Canaan, Connecticut and was accompanied by strange lights in the sky. The aerial sounds followed a course that led southwards over New Jersey to the Carolinas, suggesting that some object had passed along that route into the famous Bermuda Triangle. Military authorities and aviation officials staunchly denied that any supersonic aircraft were operating in those areas at the time.

Back in 1952, when supersonic aircraft were still limited to a few experimental models, officialdom carried out the same exercise in futility. Residents of Long Island, just east of New York City, were plagued that year by skyquakes and the only newspaperperson to take an interest was the late Dorothy Kilgallen. She tried to find out if any military authority knew the cause and was given the usual runaround. Like flying saucers, skyquakes were a non-subject and the authorities reasoned that if we didn't pay any attention to them they would just go away.

The sobering truth is that skyquakes are on the increase. They tend to occur when UFO sightings increase, and they follow the general patterns of the UFO phenomenon. It is possible that skyquakes are produced by the rapid transit of unidentified flying objects. There is no known atmospheric condition that could cause them, and the hundred-year old scientific speculation that bubbles of gas are the culprits is insupportable.

Having recently finished reading this book as well, I too was surprised by how 'flat' the writing was. She has chronographically researched reported events, and even those not 'officially' reported. Different chapters approach these same events from different perspectives, so it tends to get a little repetitive, from personal reports to documentary evidence, often of a classified nature. Yet well worth reading.

Yes, the writing was surprising, but the data was absolutely fascinating! In the end, it was a more compelling read than the breathless, spooky stuff. And a LOT of food for thought!

Back
Top Bottom