Ultra Simple Diet

Al Today said:
Gee said:
For the colonoscopy I decided to postpone it, since seeing the improvement with my stool. I don't know if I really need it, I had a stool analysis done a little while ago and they found nothing. Plus getting sedated, kinda scary. :/

I would not recommend postponing a colonoscopy. Too many have passed away because of postponement or apathy. Better to know what is going on than throwing darts at a board... I've known people who are no longer here because of not going through that procedure. And don't worry about the sedation, they will give happy/apathy juice. And you shouldn't remember a thing. I get to do the "Scopes" from 2 orifices, Oh-Boy...
:P :P :P

Hi Al Today,

Sorry for responding a bit late, I really had to think about it.

After thinking about it, I think its probably a good idea just to get checked out. Even though things are improving, you never know. Though I did rescheduled it, have to wait a couple of more weeks now.

Looking at it, I basically let my paranoia and anxiety get to me. Probably should talk to my therapist about it.

After 6 weeks of the detox diet I have tried with almost all the allergic food ( eggs, tomatoes etc) and I noticed that the tomatoes are allergic for me, when I ate them I had pimples on my face.
I also notices something weird but very good for me, when I woke up I always had pain in my left shoulder and I thought It was my sleeping position(I had this about one year ago) but I really think it was something I ate, I don't know what but there are many things I don't eat anymore for example potatoes, dairy, gluten and I don't have that pain anymore :)
Now I just started with the Paleo diet and I feel really good and I'm very happy becuase my wife has seen the change in my body and she started the detox diet 4 weeks ago so now It is easy for me because I had to cook for me and right now we are cooking for 2.
I also have to say that sometimes is very dificult when I go out whit friends or family (by my previous habits) I used to drink too much beer and eat a lot of french fries( you know Belgium is known because its french fries), but I don't eat them any more and don't drink beer so much as before.
I just wanted to share this with you

Congratulations jhonny. It's great that your wife is on board too. It makes things so much easier. Funny you should mention shoulder pain...I used to wake up with awful neck pain that would last for days. Since low carb-ing I don't have any stiffness issues. This diet is great. ;D

This thread helped me tremendously with USD. Many of my questions have been answered before I could even ask them - thanks to those who have been on USD for sharing their experiences. I do have a question about my father. He has terminal colon cancer and is on weekly chemo for life. Lately he's been having a lot of problems with his stomach - pain, heartburn, bloating. After my brother and I tried to convince my dad for years to try USD, he finally decided to give it a shot after his recent episode that left him in bed for days. He is on his second week of USD and says he feels good. The problem is he is loosing a ton of weight. He is already pretty frail from all the chemo and pain medicine, so needles to say, everyone is concerned about him loosing so much weight. Is there anything he should be eating to help him stop the weight loss? We was thinking about adding more meat (pork and red meat) into his diet, but we have to be careful not to over do it, since he already has problems with constipation from all the narcotics he is taking. Any advise would be highly appreciated!

Hi Firefly,

Since it is the second week, he can try adding several fats to foods: olive oil and specially ghee butter to vegetables and meats. If he finds trouble digesting fats (which will help counteract the constipation) and proteins, some ox bile and digestive enzymes with lipase will help, also betaine hydrochloride makes a lot of a difference. In general, people who don't want to loose weight have to increase caloric intake from fat consumption which has to be anti-inflammatory: saturated fat from animals or coconut oil, fish oils, ghee butter. Fatty meats become very important but also real nutrition coming from organs. This is emphasized in some quotes of Deep Nutrition posted here:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,22916.msg284294.html#msg284294

Organs can be very yummy when prepared appropriately.

Constipation can be counteracted with enough magnesium citrate and vitamin C.

I hope he feels better.

Psyche said:
Hi Firefly,

Since it is the second week, he can try adding several fats to foods: olive oil and specially ghee butter to vegetables and meats. If he finds trouble digesting fats (which will help counteract the constipation) and proteins, some ox bile and digestive enzymes with lipase will help, also betaine hydrochloride makes a lot of a difference. In general, people who don't want to loose weight have to increase caloric intake from fat consumption which has to be anti-inflammatory: saturated fat from animals or coconut oil, fish oils, ghee butter. Fatty meats become very important but also real nutrition coming from organs. This is emphasized in some quotes of Deep Nutrition posted here:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,22916.msg284294.html#msg284294

Organs can be very yummy when prepared appropriately.

Constipation can be counteracted with enough magnesium citrate and vitamin C.

I hope he feels better.

Psyche,
Thank you so much for your reply. My dad also has his gall bladder removed. Will it be a problem with adding too much fat?

Firefly said:
Psyche,
Thank you so much for your reply. My dad also has his gall bladder removed. Will it be a problem with adding too much fat?

It is problematic and he probably is deficient in all fat soluble vitamins. Fatty meals are essential for a good nutrition. In this case, make sure he has ox bile, digestive enzymes with lipase and the HCl (betaine hydrocloride). This last one only if he doesn't have peptic ulcers. He can increase his intake of fats with all these supplements. The ox bile is particularly helpful. He might feel better by virtue of having fats again even if at the beginning it can take some adjusting. Slowly but surely will eventually do it.

Some good cod liver oil will help him get some vitamin D and A.

Thank you, Psyche! Much appreciated! We'll try re-introducing organ meats, fats and fatty fish with suppliments to his diet - I will report back on the progress.

Well of late Ive been having a dry mouth, I have been drinking plenty of water. I think it might be low potassium, I looked it up and it is a potential symptom. Ive started taking it two days ago. Diet wise, Ive been just eating sweet potatoes, carrots, cucumbers, green peas, pork, beef, and ghee. Trying to find some organic lard or duck fat. Though I had a banana and some chocolate today and I feel like CRAP! No more fruits and chocolate for me.

Well a bit of a update. I just had my colonoscopy done(not being able to eat solid foods for more then a day was brutal!), results were normal. Doctor thinks that I might be a Celiac so he wants be to get an endoscopy done, had the blood tests done today for it. Could explain why I have/had a lot of undigested food show up in my stool, though the digestive enzymes have been helping. Been eating the vegetables and meats, started eating more fat, though its been only ghee, still need to find some good organic animal fats. Have eliminated the eggs, seems like nuts are a no no for me also. I still have a dry mouth, Ive been drinking enough water and taking potassium so I don't know whats causing it, maybe I should go see a doctor for it. Then again it could be caused by all the good ol damage I have from eating all this crap. I think its probably best if I stay on this diet for a couple of months until my gut heals before I even think about going on the low carb diet. Then again if I do have Celiacs, then its probably going to take a lot more time.

I cant believe a stupid protein can do all of this damage, what a load of BS! Sorry for my little rant. Need a smoke now, :cool2:.

Since getting well into this high protein/fat and low carb diet (paleo/primal), I've noticed that previous sensitivities to pork, other than cured forms, is reducing (almost there in terms of acceptance), yet my sensitivity to eggs is increasing - from three a week being ok to just one hitting me immediately with a sleepless night and grogginess on awakening!

Trevrizent said:
Since getting well into this high protein/fat and low carb diet (paleo/primal), I've noticed that previous sensitivities to pork, other than cured forms, is reducing (almost there in terms of acceptance), yet my sensitivity to eggs is increasing - from three a week being ok to just one hitting me immediately with a sleepless night and grogginess on awakening!

Thanks for posting this about the pork. I've been thinking of seeing if organic free-range pork would make a difference for me. So I think I'll give it a try soon. And if I can't it it yet, that won't stop me from trying later. :)

I've been on the fence about the diet for a long time (a year and a half I guess), telling myself that I was eating right because I reduced intake of "evil" foods like wheat, dairy, corn and soy, but not really committing to it. I never took the time to go through the serious detox diet to test myself for allergies, and although I seriously reduced my intake of evil foods (a few years ago I ate tons of cheese, pasta, bread, etc.), I told myself that a little bit wouldn't make much of a difference as long as it was "good" organic food. I think the catalysts for me was moving out of my parent's house 3 weeks ago, and a conversation I had with a friend who is gluten, dairy, corn and soy free. I realized that I was talking the talk, but not walking the walk. For the past year and a half I have been obsessing over the foods I eat without committing to change, sitting on the fence.

I first read Ultra Mind Solution last spring. I read Life Without Bread this past spring and have been eating by those guidelines for most of the summer, but without completely eliminating evil foods. I started the FOTCM version of the ultra simple diet one week ago today. :D

This is what I'm noticing so far:

- Clearing of "brain fog". I didn't realize I had brain fog until a couple of days ago when it started to clear.
- Reducing "moodiness". The first couple of days were a little rough, I felt pretty cranky.
- Some cravings, mostly for butter, bread, beer and meats like pork (bacon) and beef.
- Loose stool. This seems to be starting to firm up a bit yesterday and today.
- Increased awareness of bodily sensations. This is interesting because I feel more aware of my posture, breathing and chronic tension patterns and pain in my body. I think this is what Wilhelm Reich would call muscular armoring. Pipe breathing and POTS at night have been helping.
- Increased awareness of dreams. I normally remember more dreams at certain times of month, so this could simply be part of a "normal" cycle, but interesting to note.

I'm expecting the diet to help with the muscular armoring I mentioned, and I think it is a little bit already. I know that EE will help with this as well, because it has in the past. I practice pipe breathing and POTS almost every night before I go to sleep, but I haven't been practicing the full program regularly, so I think I need to try to add it, but one thing at a time.

I'm planning to stay on the strict FOTCM ultrasimple diet for another week at least since I am still having cravings. I'll post any other observations or findings I have here.

Back
Top Bottom