Ultra Simple Diet

Hi Seamus, the Life without Bread thread will be more help to you than the Ultra Simple diet. It's long, but a necessary read.

Re the truths and lies about cholesterol, and specifically Lipitor.......my mom (61 years young) was just recently diagnosed with ALS, and it turns out that she was taking Lipitor (I wasn't even aware of this and she apparently "never felt right" about taking it), and it's likely the cause. Even her doctors posed this as at least a "possibility."

zabe said:
Re the truths and lies about cholesterol, and specifically Lipitor.......my mom (61 years young) was just recently diagnosed with ALS, and it turns out that she was taking Lipitor (I wasn't even aware of this and she apparently "never felt right" about taking it), and it's likely the cause. Even her doctors posed this as at least a "possibility."

Sorry to hear that Zabe. ALS is also linked to EMF exposure (AC magnetic fields for one). Most current research is showing that most chronic conditions are influenced by multiple factors. What we've been working on here is to try to identify the strongest drivers and make corrections - diet being one of the most important (including toxic exposure). Check out the "Life Without Bread" thread for plenty of ideas that may help her and use the Search function.

Thanks, LQB. Yes, as someone who has dealt with systemic candida for years, I've been immersed in all things diet-related for myself...not to mention supplements, detoxing, etc. Just before she was diagnosed, I had finished reading the Paleo Solution (with its info on the evils of grains and such --although I've been gluten-free for years, only recently gave up on grains completely) and there's obviously so much I want to share with her. Delicately, without forcing anything on her, yet in other ways "time" being of the essence.

zabe said:
Thanks, LQB. Yes, as someone who has dealt with systemic candida for years, I've been immersed in all things diet-related for myself...not to mention supplements, detoxing, etc. Just before she was diagnosed, I had finished reading the Paleo Solution (with its info on the evils of grains and such --although I've been gluten-free for years, only recently gave up on grains completely) and there's obviously so much I want to share with her. Delicately, without forcing anything on her, yet in other ways "time" being of the essence.

I understand. Many here have expressed the pain of watching loved ones make bad decisions regarding health and diet. You can offer up the info and the research - but it still may not make a difference ...

LQB,

My thoughts exactly. And my particular "acceptance" stage is a somewhat odd place to be in, since it is in ways different from what my other family members are experiencing ---in that I have a different perspective on death and what's ahead, due to this forum, The Wave, other readings etc. over the years. Needless to say, I'm also encouraging my Mom towards EE. Even that involves presenting the info gently for her to decide. One thing I did was take the written instructions Laura had posted and highlighted and tried to simplify the explanation on how to practice pipe breath, as a start. Thanks again.

zabe said:
LQB,

My thoughts exactly. And my particular "acceptance" stage is a somewhat odd place to be in, since it is in ways different from what my other family members are experiencing ---in that I have a different perspective on death and what's ahead, due to this forum, The Wave, other readings etc. over the years. Needless to say, I'm also encouraging my Mom towards EE. Even that involves presenting the info gently for her to decide. One thing I did was take the written instructions Laura had posted and highlighted and tried to simplify the explanation on how to practice pipe breath, as a start. Thanks again.
Yes, and that can put you at odds in such a way that external consideration suggests that you do not express it as such unless others will understand it.

On the EE, some folks get pretty motivated by watching the EE videos. I think this is because they can kind of "grok" the whole program before starting it.

Hi,
it's not a new issue, however is good to know what side effects statins have, so that you can advise efficiently people who exhibit the following complaints, to advise them:

atherosclerosis
hearth damage-Keshan’s disease,impairment of myocardial function
mitochondrial damage
headaches and constipation
rhabdomyolysis and liver failure
skeletal muscle weakness
being forgetful or depressed
etc,

here's the link
http://www.wellnessresources.com/health/articles/statin_drugs_stimulate_atherosclerosis_and_heart_failure/

Unfortunately, statins are being prescribed relentlessly, that's why I thought to post this article, which further stresses the importance of taking the right supplements which are depleted by the statins (vitamine K2, selenium, Q10. Antioxidant rich, deep colored fruits and vegetables help protect the mitochondria from oxidative stress. Nutrients described above and others such as resveratrol, carnitine, bacopa monniera, curcumin, all B vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin E, K1, NAC, and lipoic acid are just some of the nutrients essential for protecting the heart from ischemic/heart attack damage, heart failure, and mitochondria injury.

Be safe everyone!

Back
Top Bottom