UltraMind Solution Quizzes

Psyche said:
Other than detoxing, taking care of your diet and the aid of supplements, the things that comes to mind is a massage or a chiropractor adjustment. It can bring a lot of relief :)
Thnx! I guess the 'everything effects everything' applies, as always:)

I remember Laura saying that her chiropractor(?) recommended distilled water for her backproblems, or something in those lines. Maybe I will add the dist. water to my "toolpack" also...

Sardines - how do you eat this without, in my case, throwing up?

I guess the fish oil pills will have to do, though I have not been able to keep it up for long. I would have had better luck counting the things that aren't bothering me.

We love sardines in our house. I can eat them right out of the can! It's nice to have them on a buckwheat cracker, too, or on a salad.

I also love sardines out of cans, but say, Laura, I wondered about the salt content in them.
They use normal "industrial" salt (don't know the English term for it: natrium?) for canned
sardines and canned fish in general. While this "industrial" salt seems to be evil and
sea salt is a much healthier type of salt, isn't it? So what do you think?

My family are all the same, gobbling them down. I could never bring myself to eat them. In fact, I tend to avoid fish and must force myself to eat it, when I do. Could that be another program? Something good for me, which I am turned off from eating?

I have also seen thin 6"-8" long worms in the flesh of warm fish.....thread worms?.... that was in the 70's. That was always my fear about fish, is that they had good value but they were also contaminated. I did wear the vest of "my body will eat the parasites" for a while, but when you don't have any dependable information to use, it is just a best guess scenario. We do need to be concerned about parasite ingestion. In the end, eating fish still makes me feel sick. Sardines, possibly with a blindfold and a clothes pin on the nose.

Or, I was a fish once and some of those memories are retained? I can swim for miles.

Right now, salt is an issue for me and I have been watching my uptake since 2005.

I like sardines too, especially in olive oil. As for the salt, I don't think it's sea salt. You could drain them to get rid of some of the salt.

3D Student said:
I like sardines too, especially in olive oil. As for the salt, I don't think it's sea salt. You could drain them to get rid of some of the salt.

It's table salt, no good. I do drain them, but the salt does enter the fish. Well, it seems those tiny amounts of table salt aren't that bad, otherwise canned sardines wouldn't be recommended on the diet list, right?

Speaking of salt, is iodine actually an "essential nutrient" or is it about as essential as soduim fluoride?

I don't worry about the salt. I use sea salt when I cook, but I don't stress over getting "ordinary" salt in my system. It's not that it's bad (unless it is adulterated which most canning salt is NOT), but rather that it just doesn't have the added minerals that sea salt has.

Have some of you tried the on line version of the quiz? I ask this because I've tried it several times and I'm confused about how ones 'account' saves the previous results. When I log in and look at 'view results of previous quizzes' the numbers are all wrong and no older (than the supposed previously done) quiz results can be found. I wonder if this is a bug or is the numbers shown some kind of average of the previous ones....but that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.

_store.ultramind.com/Quiz

Added: Okay, I tried it again. Made the quiz and logged in. Score was correct. But when I logged out and in again, the 'results for previous quizzes' showed what I believe is the score from my very first quiz a few weeks ago. That's why I got confused. Pity it doesn't work as it's supposed to. Of course there's always the possibility that I might be doing it wrong somehow ...

My family are all the same, gobbling them down. I could never bring myself to eat them. In fact, I tend to avoid fish and must force myself to eat it, when I do. Could that be another program? Something good for me, which I am turned off from eating?

I have also seen thin 6"-8" long worms in the flesh of warm fish.....thread worms?.... that was in the 70's. That was always my fear about fish, is that they had good value but they were also contaminated. I did wear the vest of "my body will eat the parasites" for a while, but when you don't have any dependable information to use, it is just a best guess scenario. We do need to be concerned about parasite ingestion. In the end, eating fish still makes me feel sick. Sardines, possibly with a blindfold and a clothes pin on the nose.

Or, I was a fish once and some of those memories are retained? I can swim for miles.

\.

This cracked me up!!

Firstly about the parasites... I eat a lot of raw fish and some raw meat too. When I was on the farm and doing fecals on my animals I noticed that they were healthiest when they carried a small load of parasites. Not to many mind you but a few. We've existed side by side with parasites for a very, very long time. All indigenous people clean themselves out every so often by various means (i.e purging, fasting, herbs etc). So do animals, particularly meat eating animals.

So, I wouldn't worry too much but perhaps once or twice a year take a good herbal formula for two weeks that contains Wormwood, cloves, and Black walnut. There are other herbs that are also effective but Wormwood is the only one that will kill blood born parasites, cloves kills the eggs and black walnut helps get rid of them. There are several good formulas available. Also you can drink cinnamon/clove/cardamon tea, like chai daily. Take Diatemaceous Earth, which is also a good source of silica daily. And of course many spices are antiparasitic like turmeric and garlic. So eat your curry. This is good advice anyway as many parasites can find their way into your body through the skin, so just by walking barefoot through a field or across a babbling brook can introduce you to some pretty fantastic critters.

Believe me after traveling through S. America I had a full assortment. The healthier you are the better the body can deal with parasites using your own enzymes. So, I think just following the diet recommendations will help the body cope with any intruders along with some herbs now and then ;D

Oh I forgot... about sardines.. sometimes you can find them fresh or other small fish like smelt and fry them up and eat them whole like french fries. While I am not a proponent of fried foods generally, this might be a way to 'develop' a taste for them.

Hi Psyche, I'm hoping that you could help me out a bit. The thing is that my friend is really depressed and amongst other things we discussed the role of diet and supplements. So I suggested that she would do the online test, which she did. Now I'm not sure if the online test correlates with the scoring system in the book. So I was hoping that you could take a look at her score and tell me what you think and maybe what chapters in the book would be relevant for her condition. Thanks in advance!

Here's her score:

Fatty Acids Quiz
Dopamine Quiz
Serotonin Quiz
GABA Quiz
Acetylcholine Quiz
Methylation Quiz
Vitamin D Quiz
Magnesium Quiz
Zinc Quiz
Quiz

Score

Insulin Quiz
Thyroid Quiz
Sexual Hormones Quiz
Inflammation Quiz
Gut Quiz
Toxins Quiz
Loss of Energy Quiz
Oxidative Stress Quiz
Adrenal Dysfunction Quiz

Your friend scored severe in several ones, so before listing a bunch of supplements, perhaps the best thing will be if she gets focused in her diet first, while taking some basic supplementation: multivitamin, probiotics, magnesium, digestive enzymes, vitamin C, B,D, omega 3s, phosphatidylcholine (this one helps with two of the severe ones: acetylcholine and the fatty acid one), flaxseed oil. Its best if she reads the whole book, and also Detoxification and Healing by Sidney Baker. She can address the serotonin imbalance as well, with around 300mg of 5 HTP per day (the dose has to be built up progressively, starting with a low dose), that will help her with her mood among other things. But I think the diet is very important and an elimination diet like the Ultra Simple diet will be ideal.

This is a simplified version of an elimination diet, from "Beating and Treating Fibromyalgia and CFS". I think it is "flexible" and some foods shouldn't be re-introduced, but at least it could be a trial test which can be more realistic for her to do if she is reluctant to eliminate some foods completely. FWIW:

Rodger Murphree said:
The elimination diet

To begin the elimination diet for intestinal permeability, avoid all
known and suspected food allergens.

For two weeks, also avoid all gluten-containing foods: wheat,
barley, oats, millet, spelt, sourdough, and rye. This includes wheat
four, breads, taco shells, muffins, cereals, pastries, cakes, pizza,
crackers, pasta, oatmeal, pretzels, and other four-based products.

Also avoid all dairy products, including milk, ice cream, cream,
yogurt, and cheese. Butter and eggs are allowed.

Don’t drink any sodas (Coke, Diet Coke, Pepsi, etc.).

Reduce caffeine consumption, including tea (green and herbal tea
is allowed), coffee, chocolate, and cocoa. The less caffeine intake,
the better. To help prevent withdrawal symptoms (headaches,
mood disturbances, and fatigue) slowly wean of caffeine.

Start by eliminating one quarter of daily caffeine consumption.
For example: each serving of coffee, soda, diet soda, tea, and each
chocolate bar equals one caffeine serving. If you consume four
cups of coffee in the morning, three glasses of tea at lunch, and a
diet Coke before dinner, you consume a total of eight servings of
caffeine daily. You should begin by reducing your caffeine serv-
ings by one quarter (which is two servings). So drink six servings
tomorrow instead. After seven days, reduce your caffeine servings
by another quarter. Slowly discontinue caffeine over a manageable
period of time. Not every patient must go of all caffeine; you will
help yourself if you reduce your intake to no more than one or two
caffeine servings a day.

Reintroduction of eliminated food groups

After one month on the elimination diet, start to reintroduce one
eliminated food group at a time. For example, begin by eating a few
servings from the gluten group: pasta, crackers, or bread. Then, for
three days, eat no gluten-containing foods or any other eliminated
food. Keep a journal handy to note any symptoms that occur.
After three days, reintroduce dairy. Have a few glasses of milk or
three slices of cheese. Be sure to eat enough servings to let your
body experience any negative reactions. If after three days of having
challenged a food group, there’s no negative reaction (headaches,
stomach pain, bloating, runny nose, congestion, muscle/joint pain,
low moods, fatigue, etc.), then start to slowly add these items back
into your regular diet.

If you do experience a negative reaction to any food group within
three days of challenging it, discontinue that group for another
month and then repeat the three-day process.

So she can give the diet and some supplementation a try, then she can re-do the quizzes to see how things are progressing. Also, reading the books will give her enormous motivation to continue her path of health recovery. Knowledge protects :)

Thank you Psyche once again!

Whoa, I compared her scorings with the limits in the UMS book and things are not looking good. Such high scorings in so many categories. Your advice sounds good; my friend needs to do some big changes, supplementing is not enough. I hope she has the will to start "fighting". After all, I can only lead her to the water.

When I compare the scorings with the book, in several categories the result suggests 'Medical care'. This sounds serious, is changing the diet still sufficient or is there imminent danger that would require "professionals"?

Back
Top Bottom