Unusual behaviour in animals, and our pets

ANIMALS OF ALL KINDS CIRCLING..
under two minutes - compilation of animals circling ..

Steven KING movie about human phone zombies circling ...2019
CELL , THE MOVIE .

an even longer version
ANIMALS MOVING IN CIRCLES ALL AROUND THE WORLD

Reminds me of ants doing something (apparently) similar:

My curiosity was piqued by the mention of ants in a circle, so I looked it up. Here's a video of it and an explanation that may or may not be accurate.

In the following German article (machine translation) the guy checked some of the claims such "that it is now happening all over the planet". He concludes that some of the recently surfaced videos were made years ago and that the phenomenon is known for decades. IMO it is certainly an interesting phenomenon though, and I'm not sure if we can say one way or the other if it has increased or not (could be IMO). Also, in one video, that was recently published, the people who made it (apparently from/in Mongolia) claim that those particular sheep are doing the circle thing now for 10 days on end:

GreWi fact check: Animals that run in circles

Andreas Müller
grenzwissenschaft-aktuell.de
Mi, 30 Nov 2022 18:44 UTC

Saarbrücken (Germany) - Since the beginning of the month, a video of a flock of sheep in Mongolia has been causing a stir, especially online. It shows how the animals have been walking in circles for more than 10 days. Other recordings of similar circling behaviour of other animal species are now being used suggestively to infer a current and global trend and a hitherto unknown and mysterious behaviour of the animals from the puzzling behaviour of the sheep in Mongolia. However, these claims do not stand up to an unbiased examination of the videos or the behaviour of the animals shown in them.

Schafe Kreis Mongolei
© unknown / Youtube
Still from the current video of sheep running in circles in Inner Mongolia.

The trigger for the current debate and speculation, as it is currently "going viral" on social networks, is a video that purports to show footage from a surveillance camera in Inner Mongolia. In fact, the footage shows the animals walking continuously in an almost perfect circle as if spellbound. The owner of the herd also explains that the animals have been behaving in this way for more than 10 days, sometimes without stopping. Chinese and international media also claim that the sheep are otherwise healthy, but that the behaviour is a mystery.

- While the footage itself seems authentic at first, the claim that the animals have been practising this behaviour for many days cannot be independently substantiated.

It did not take long before more footage of supposedly similar, but not always abnormal, animal behaviour appeared from other countries. Sometimes it was sheep, but in other cases it was other types of animals from cows to reindeer to insects like ants.

While the other pictures are also authentic and undoubtedly show an astonishing behaviour of these animals when they also run in circles en masse, a mixture of facts with unsubstantiated assumptions already begins here, which not infrequently end on the one hand in the assertion that all these events are almost simultaneous and current incidents, and on the other hand the pictures are paired with the assumption, based on this assertion, that the animals are currently sensing something approaching, a major event up to a huge global or even catastrophe. Some authors even speak of biblical signs. Three examples of many of these narratives can be found HERE, HERE and HERE.

In reality, none of the recordings currently circulating in the truest sense of the word has anything directly to do with any of the others. In fact, most of them are several years old and show well-known, understood and well-documented phenomena from the behavioural diversity of different species that run in circles in certain situations, sometimes for different reasons.

For example, the images of reindeer running in circles, which are often used in the current context, are anything but current and were already shown three years ago in the following "Nature on PPS" documentary. In the documentary, the phenomenon known as the "Reindeer Cyclone" is not only vividly described, but the behaviour of the animals is adequately explained as a defence strategy of the animals - a behaviour that is similar to that of schools of fish and which, moreover, has also been known and described in reindeer for centuries:

Something similar applies to the so-called "death spiral", in which some ant species catch themselves when they follow the pheromone trail of their conspecifics and, by crossing these trails, get into said death spiral, from which they can no longer escape until they die of exhaustion. This phenomenon has also been known and researched for decades and has been captured on video many times:

When Ants Walk in Circles

Schafkreis
© Christopher Hogg
Sheep circle in East Sussex, photographed on 26 March 2021.

A "sheep circle" from East Sussex in England (see image) also does not have much in common with the current recordings from Inner Mongolia: for one thing, it was already observed in March 2021, and for another, the animals here stood in a circle and did not wander around for days on end. Similar behaviour was observed in Hertfordshire as early as 2012 and was probably due to the farmer using a vehicle to spread food in the said form.

What is indeed unusual about the current behaviour of the animals in Inner Mongolia is the described (but unverifiable) duration of this behaviour of allegedly more than 10 days.

The animal protection organisation "Peta" and states the following in this regard:

The trigger for the apparent behavioural disorder has not yet been clearly clarified, - but possible causes are being discussed worldwide: The animals could suffer from a bacterial disease called listeriosis, which can cause neurological disorders.

Symptoms of the disease, also known as "circling disease", include a lowered head posture and drooping ears, as well as turning and "manoeuvring" movements. These could explain the sheep's circling.

Agricultural scientist Matt Bell of Hartpury University in England sees the cause elsewhere: the strange behaviour could also be due to serious abuses in sheep farming - as a result of an acute lack of space. Animals that are crammed together for a longer period of time are frustrated and therefore often start running in circles.

Such behavioural disorders are also called zoochosis. They often occur in wild animals in captivity, but so-called farm animals can also develop such behaviours. Bell explains the fact that more and more animals have joined the circle this way: "Since sheep are herd animals, they join their friends."

Whether such circumstances explain the behaviour of the sheep in Mongolia, whether it is a protective behaviour or whether another explanation must be found, on the other hand, is also difficult to judge at present, as an independent investigation of the animals and husbandry circumstances seems unlikely.

ANIMALS MOVING IN CIRCLES ALL AROUND THE WORLD
#Netzfund Turtles circulating in circles at high speed....

😬...Link for the Video play.
It was a terrifying moment for a Connecticut family: a raccoon seemingly came out of nowhere and latched on to a child’s leg while she was standing outside her home.

As FOX 61 reports, the outcome could have been a lot worse had her mother’s instincts not kicked in. Video shows the little girl repeatedly trying to kick the raccoon off her leg before her mom steps in to help seconds later.

Immediately, the mom is seen ripping the raccoon off her daughter’s leg.

"Go inside, go inside baby!" the mother screamed.

From there, the mom had to fight the animal off of her own arm while warning others nearby to stay away.

RELATED: Watch: Man attacked by raccoon while walking in South Philadelphia

"It’s a rabid raccoon. Get in the house," she said.

After a brief struggle, she was able to throw the raccoon off her arm. The raccoon ran away.

Geoff Krukar, a wildlife biologist for the Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection, told FOX 61 that the raccoon appears to be sick — and the mother did the right thing.

"The mother behaved in a way that was very heroic. I think she and she did everything, everything correctly. By avoiding getting bit, warning the neighbor to stay back and and getting the child to safety," Krukar said

READ MORE: Crazy sight! Raccoon gets stuck face-first in Santa Cruz roof

Krukar said there are some things to look for in potentially rabid raccoons. Although they are nocturnal creatures, seeing them raccoons during the day doesn’t always mean they have rabies.

"[If] they see a raccoon that's acting abnormally that could be frothing at the mouth, pursuing them, getting in close proximity, they should definitely report that to the authorities," Krukar said.

Local animal control officials said the raccoon went into the woods and hasn’t yet been captured. 🤔..👍

Last edited:
There was a theory I heard today. Maybe animals are more sensitive to earth changing. And if they turn counterclockwise, it is the same you do when you do Sufi dancing and it creates something. One never knows which is the right direction the animals are moving unless you see them live . .

Maybe animals are more sensitive to earth changing.
Two D behaviors lately may also be related to the many comics events as well as earth changes including the current approach of the WAVE as we have been advised.

Bravo!

Wow like the sessions said "driving will be fun to"

Screenshot 2022-12-04 at 08-12-09 'Reckless driver' turns out to be dog behind wheel of Texas ...png

LOS ANGELES - A terrifying sight for a parent as a young child was attacked by a coyote outside their Woodland Hills home.
The incident, which occurred Friday evening on Martha Street near Capistrano Avenue, was caught on surveillance cameras.

The child and her father got home, parked in the driveway and started to get out of the vehicle. As the father reaches into the car to grab something, the coyote comes along and appears to bite the toddler. The little girl screams and her father rushes to her side and the coyote starts backing away.

According to California Fish and Wildlife, they have received several calls regarding an aggressive coyote in the neighborhood weeks prior to this incident.

Residents say the coyote problem has gotten exponentially worse in the neighborhood, and they're afraid.

"I've been here twelve years and there has never been such a population of coyotes," said Bob, a resident. "The last four years it's grown. You see packs of them, six to seven packs a night. We're all living in fear now, and it brings anxiety to walk your dog in a beautiful neighborhood, and it shouldn't be this way."

GENERIC-WEB-MAIN-3.jpg

Bob said he has contacted local officials for help.

"They then said 'We're gonna put signs out not to feed the wildlife,' but not a lot has been done, and these animals have got way more aggressive, and we're concerned because we have a family ourselves. We have a young one, a small dog. We picked and chose this neighborhood for safety which it's lacking," said Bob.

Ally, another resident, said it doesn't matter the hour anymore for the coyotes.

"Initially it was just at night we were told not to walk your animals, but now I could be walking in the morning at 8 o'clock and the coyotes will be right there," she said.

Another neighbor said the coyote attack with the toddler is not the first.

"One of the neighbors came up to me and let me know that a couple days ago she was attacked at noon and she said another neighbor out here was also attacked and she got bit along with her tiny dog," said Kyle Keppel, a resident.

GENERIC-WEB-MAIN-2.jpg

Rebecca Dmytryk with Wildlife Emergency Services voluntarily came to the neighborhood to look for the coyote.

"I'm trying to look for evidence of what might have led to this very odd behavior, whether it was the coyotes being deliberately fed or whether they're finding food out in the parks," said Dmytryk.

Dmytryk said she saw the surveillance video.

"It's a sign to me that the barriers between wildlife and people have broken down in this neighborhood. I truly think that this animal has been fed deliberately by people," she said.

She believes the best course of action is euthanization for the coyote, once it is found.

"I'm very fond of coyotes and I respect them. They're my favorite species because they are so brilliant, but this particular dog should be removed, euthanized," she said.

SUGGESTED: Pet dog attacked, killed by mountain lion while on walk in Hollywood Hills

Wildlife officials say they took a clothing sample from the girl and will try to extract DNA from it in order to identify the coyote.

Local coyote experts say the attack could be attributed to people feeding coyotes.

"It’s clear, these coyotes have been conditioned to approach people. And how the coyote grabbed the back of the toddler’s pants could be described as demand behavior, where the coyote is demanding food from a human because it's been conditioned to receiving handouts," said Rebecca Dmytryk with Humane Wildlife Control Inc.

Residents are urged to keep their pets indoors until the aggressive animal is located.

There are two horses in the neighbor's pasture which I see all the time as they move around grazing, along with the cows. This week, I saw them standing by the fence, staring intently across the road toward the sheep pasture. I could see nothing unusual. I went over to them, petted them, but they were still intent on the other side (they were facing north). A day later, I saw them in another part of the field, once again up next to the fence, staring northwards. They seem back to "normal" now, just moving around, grazing.

For the last three weeks I have often seen, in the Paris region, groups of wild geese circling instead of going south. Could it be this phenomenon?
The creation of large landscape ponds (and being fed by humans)...like ones businesses sometimes have, interrupted migration of many birds, which would normally go south in the winter.

Also, fyi, LED lighting can cause birds to circle at night, around the lights, many times to exhaustion, where they drop out of the sky and die.

There was a theory I heard today. Maybe animals are more sensitive to earth changing. And if they turn counterclockwise, it is the same you do when you do Sufi dancing and it creates something. One never knows which is the right direction the animals are moving unless you see them live . .
Puma in the thread of volcanoes has pointed to the possibility that due to alterations in the magnetic field, these animals are spinning to adapt.

I think of the turns suggested by the C's to energize us and that these animals do this looking for something similar.

LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — A scary sighting in the northwest part of our valley.
A mountain lion was spotted roaming through a neighborhood near Grand Canyon and Grand Teton.
It was all caught on camera! We spoke with a woman who witnessed the wild cat firsthand.

"I started googling. I wasn't even sure who to call. I tried calling animal control, but I got the wrong county. Then I tried calling my neighborhood security and they were like, 'what are we going to do?' Finally, I called 911 and they transferred me to the proper animal control," said Brittany Avy.

"I'm hoping that they already got him and sent him back where he belongs so he is safe."
She says she and her husband spotted the mountain lion around 2 a.m. and then called authorities just minutes later.

Here's another recent big cat sighting in Santa Rosa California. This current condition may be a result of the destruction of natural habitats and food sources from the fires in 2017, (as well as other speculations below).

For nearly four hours Nov. 28, Rebecca Kracker was trapped inside her Bennett Valley home as a collared mountain lion lurked outside.

She was able to rescue her 12-year-old border collie, Sherman, after the mountain lion dragged him out of the house. A neighbor fired a gun to scare off the animal but it didn’t go far. It was spotted on Kracker’s property two more times that night.

The encounter began a series of events that spanned a week. Animal agencies were called in to investigate and a Sonoma County trapper eventually killed it in an expert said was appropriate due to the animal’s abnormal behavior.

Local animal experts collared the mountain lion six years ago and had been tracking its movement ever since.

Kracker, 29, said officials should have known the mountain lion posed a threat.

“Yes, we’re living with them. But if they still continue to be a danger to the community, there needs to be a quicker response than, ‘Oh, stay inside’ and, ‘Don’t be upset by the fact we can’t do anything about it,’” Kracker said.

The mountain lion, designated as P1, was collared in 2016 when Audubon Canyon Ranch and True Wild, organizations focusing on environmental conservation and wildlife, respectively, launched the Living with Lions research project to track regional mountain lions and study their behavior.

Its officials said they are only responsible for studying collared mountain lions, but live data isn’t available as all movement is based on information collected hours prior. Any unusual behavior is reported to the California Department of Fish and Wildlife, which manages the protected species’ population.

Fish and Wildlife spokesperson Ken Paglia said his agency received information on P1 leading up to the Nov. 28 incident, but there was no indication officials immediately needed to respond and euthanize the creature.

P1 was described as a 15- or 16-year-old that had birthed three litters of kittens over the years with her mate, P5. She was among nine mountain lions being tracked by Living with Lions. As of 2021, she weighed just under 85 pounds and her fangs were deteriorated compared to those of a younger male.

“Clearly, something was wrong with P1. She was very old for a mountain lion which may have led to issues related to aging including tooth wear, slowed responses, weakened senses and possibly other health issues,” Dr. Quinton Martins, Living with Lions’ principal investigator, said in a statement.

“In recent weeks, she was more willing to put herself near human activity with people having frequent sightings of her, as well as feeding almost exclusively on livestock, all of which is very unusual behavior.

A dog dragged, goats killed

Kracker raises dairy goats on a ranch off Grange Road and a 9-month-old buck was discovered dead Nov. 26. She surmised the killing involved mountain lions, which were known to populate the rural area south of Santa Rosa.

Around 6 p.m. Nov. 28, Kracker was watching television with her two other dogs when she heard a yelp from Sherman, her border collie.

P1 had entered the home through an opened sliding door and snagged Sherman, who lay a foot away. Kracker found him struggling to escape the lion’s grasp as they sat at the foot of a three-step staircase leading to the backyard.

“When I saw (Sherman), it looked like he was convulsing,” Kracker said. “I thought he was dead based on his lack of motion. He was outside so long.”

She estimated P1 was only slightly smaller than her 100-pound Germanshepherd, Stella.

Kracker shut the door and spent about 15 minutes filming the site, calling friends and animal officials for help and watching P1 hover above Sherman before the neighbor scared her off.

Around 8:30 p.m., Kracker spotted P1 sitting on the other side of a fence 20 feet to the right of the sliding door. Family members came over to help and saw P1 near the driveway when they left around 9:45 p.m.

Kracker suspects P1 was waiting for an opportunity to find food.

Animal officials showed up the day after the attack and Kracker secured a depredation permit — legal documents that allow property owners to address predators via lethal or non-lethal means — from Fish and Wildlife. She worked with a Sonoma County tracker to find the mountain lion.

On Dec. 3, the tracker killed P1 in Kracker’s barn after two more goats were killed. Bright lights and radio noise had failed to scare P1 away.

Kracker shared her experience in lengthy Facebook posts where she publicly lamented a perceived delayed response in handling P1.

“I shudder to think what could have happened in our community if she hadn’t been killed last night. There needs to be a change in how issues such as this are handled,” Kracker wrote.

Paglia said Fish and Wildlife is investigating the mountain lion and will perform a necropsy on the animal.

According to Living with Lions officials, P1’s abnormal behavior had been ongoing for at least a matter of weeks.

Local residents reported she consumed their livestock, which is unusual since mountain lions mostly eat deer. P1 was also recently documented sharing a meal with another lion and spotted along Highway 12, according to Living with Lions.

Living with Lions forwarded the information to Fish and Wildlife.

“They did exactly what they were supposed to do,” Paglia said.

Mountain lion population

Kracker said she contacted animal officials the night of the attack but resolutions were delayed and she was reluctant to venture outside after dark for a week.

She said delays in processing a depredation permit led to a full day of inactivity and Fish and Wildlife threatened to revoke the permit if she publicly discussed the mountain lion.

Paglia said it’s unlikely a threat was made and a misunderstanding may have occurred. Any delay in issuing Kracker’s permit may have been related to his agency’s due diligence.

“From our perspective, we are trying to do that balance of doing our due diligence and being respectful of her situation,” Paglia said.

Property owners can apply for lethal depredation permits if a mountain lion causes property damage. Since 2017, Fish and Wildlife issued 28 permits in Sonoma County and 10 mountain lions were killed, according to agency data.

Fish and Wildlife will immediately respond and attempt to put down a mountain lion if there’s a threat to public safety, Paglia said.

“All options are on the table, including killing the mountain lion,” he said.

He referenced a February 2020 incident involving a mountain lion that bit the leg of a 6-year-old girl in Santa Clara County. Officials found and euthanized the suspected animal, which was between the ages of 2 and 4.

Fish and Wildlife’s most recent data, from 1996, shows there are 4,000 to 6,000 mountain lions statewide and 22 humans have been attacked in the state since 1986. The most recent fatal attack was in January 2004 in Orange County.

“It’s 100% fair to say mountain lion attacks on humans are rare,” Paglia said. “For mountain lions, humans are not on the menu.”

You can reach Staff Writer Colin Atagi at colin.atagi@pressdemocrat.com. On Twitter @colin_atagi

Speculation.

A coyote paw print was photographed by a residence in Calaveras County, CA. It measured larger than the size of a medium handprint.

The residence's neighbor is a cattleman and his heifers are calving now with the residence (whose pic is shown below), has one large wolfhound and a medium-sized lab. With the danger of aggression especially when the coyotes hunt in packs.

So it is common between the two that it's always an open season of shot to kill with other local ranchers doing likewise.

20221202_161649.jpg

Last edited:
People in Indonesia believe that this phenomenon is due to an approaching large earthquake but authorities have a different opinion.

Bizarre phenomenon, Thousands of disoriented fish jump out of the water off the coast of Indonesia's Pulau Bidadari

In the video that has gone viral on social media, fish are recorded jumping from the shore onto land. The video was recorded by an official of the Directorate General of Customs and Excise, Hidayat Arif, on Sunday December 18th

The head of the Maritime Meteorology Center of the Meteorology, Climatology and Geophysics Agency (BMKG), Eko Prasetyo, ruled out the fish incident as a result of an earthquake or tsunami. According to him, there are several factors that cause fish to jump from sea to land.

"Actually, the phenomenon of fish jumping or stranding on the shore is a phenomenon that has occurred several times in various areas. Not because of a signal of an earthquake or other dangers, including a tsunami," said Eko quoted from detikNews, on Tuesday December 20th

He asked the public not to panic about this phenomenon. This is because the events that occurred on Bidadari Island still need further investigation.

"Researchers still suspect, more research is needed, it could be caused by calmer oxygen levels from the sea to the coast or the coastline," he said.

People in Indonesia believe that this phenomenon is due to an approaching large earthquake but authorities have a different opinion.

Bizarre phenomenon, Thousands of disoriented fish jump out of the water off the coast of Indonesia's Pulau Bidadari

In the video that has gone viral on social media, fish are recorded jumping from the shore onto land. The video was recorded by an official of the Directorate General of Customs and Excise, Hidayat Arif, on Sunday December 18th

The head of the Maritime Meteorology Center of the Meteorology, Climatology and Geophysics Agency (BMKG), Eko Prasetyo, ruled out the fish incident as a result of an earthquake or tsunami. According to him, there are several factors that cause fish to jump from sea to land.

"Actually, the phenomenon of fish jumping or stranding on the shore is a phenomenon that has occurred several times in various areas. Not because of a signal of an earthquake or other dangers, including a tsunami," said Eko quoted from detikNews, on Tuesday December 20th

He asked the public not to panic about this phenomenon. This is because the events that occurred on Bidadari Island still need further investigation.

"Researchers still suspect, more research is needed, it could be caused by calmer oxygen levels from the sea to the coast or the coastline," he said.

It could be the result of the fish evading predator fish. If so out of the fire into the pan is the result.

The final report on the P-22 mountain lion (attacks). Liver failure and old age predominate in his final days.

Snip:
Tests later confirmed that P-22 had been exposed to rat poison and was suffering from mange, a parasitic mite. The photo released of the big cat while sick went viral, showing the once-handsome face bedraggled, the eyes sagging.

The image helped spur action in the California Legislature and ultimately led to a 2020 law temporarily banning some kinds of rat poison.

A few months later, a contractor for a home-security company found the cat lounging in a crawl space beneath a house in the hills of Los Feliz. Soon, helicopters were hovering above the street, covering the incident like an FBI raid. One local news station added a caption that screamed: “BREAKING NEWS: P-22 TRAPPED INSIDE HOME.”

When officials finally cleared the area, P-22 slipped back, unseen, to Griffith Park.

In 2016, P-22 became the prime suspect in the death of a 14-year-old koala named Killarney, whose mutilated body was found about 400 yards away from her enclosure at the Los Angeles Zoo. The attack was not recorded, but the zoo’s surveillance cameras placed the puma at the scene. Few animals can easily leap over an 8-foot fence topped with barbed wire.

The attack is the only known example of a mountain lion eating a koala. The two animals are not found in nature in the same parts of the world.

Back
Top Bottom