Watch the skies and land and oceans

The so-called **Earthquake Clouds**, previously spotted in Bursa, Chile, and Mexico before major seismic events, have now been observed in Bulgaria.

Lenticular clouds in Bulgaria, October 16, 2024.
PSLenticular clouds are lens-shaped clouds that typically form over mountain ranges. They are created when moist air flows over a mountain, causing the air to rise, cool, and condense into clouds. These clouds often look like flying saucers or stacks of pancakes. They’re a beautiful, eerie sight and sometimes mistaken for UFOs.

Interestingly, there was a 5,2M earthquake on 19 October 1896, which goes with the theory that mayor earthquakes happen at the similar time period (I think we discussed it in ECHCC workshop)
19 October 1896 3:50 UTMw5.2 #earthquake struck southwestern Bulgaria, strongly felt at Sofia. Also felt in southern Serbia (and possibly in Northern Macedonia) and as far as Salonica (Greece).

I guess we wait now if something hits Bulgaria; that one in Turkey was devastating and I hope it wont be that strong.

According to the tweet below, these clouds are filmed near Sofia.

Ahead for a cold winter over Europe?

A La Niña event is likely coming to Europe: What does it mean for weather this winter?​

After mounting speculation that a La Niña event could occur this autumn, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Climate Prediction Centre has confirmed there is a 60 per cent chance that it could develop - and last until March.

La Niña is part of a natural climate cycle, but like El Niño, it can cause extreme weather across the globe.

It occurs when sea surface temperatures in the central and eastern Pacific Ocean drop below average. Effectively, it’s the exact opposite of the warm El Niño phase.
[...]
In general, La Niña brings colder than normal temperatures across western Europe. Forecasters are expecting that temperatures will drop on the continent as we head towards November and December.

It also tends to bring wetter and colder conditions to the Alps, which can lead to more frequent and heavier snowfall. With a lack of snow in numerous resorts forcing closures, La Niña could be a welcome event for some.
[...]
Now, France, the UK and Scandinavia are set to be the coldest regions from October, with temperatures likely to be lower this winter than they were last year.

However, some meteorologists believe that, due to the La Niña phenomenon, they may still overall be warmer than long-term averages.

After power outage, hurricane for Cuba:

Hurricane Oscar makes landfall in Cuba as the nation struggles with power outages.​

Historic Flash Flooding in Roswell, New Mexico

News from Ashley:

Canada, Vancouver:

Still a lot of rain to come over some parts of France :

Further bad weather expected in the south-east quarter of France​

At the moment, most models are seeing 200/250 litres of water per square metre. This is rain that will fall after the 700/800 litres of water per square metre that fell last week. 250 litres of water per square metre is the average range, but some models are seeing as much as 300/400. Last week we were forecasting 300/400 and as the week progressed we saw 600/700/800.

Flooding due to heavy rainfall in Guissona, Spain:

and still in Italy:

[…]
Canada, Vancouver:
I would like to add a bit of factual information, to this “fear inducing” video, if I may.
The end of days vibe of it has bugged me all week.
Starting with the headline “Canada Underwater”!
No, all of CANADA didn’t flood.
I’ve been contacted by acquaintances and friends from other countries asking if we needed help, for Pete’s sake.
Although a floodplain area on the West Coast of British Columbia experienced a combination of high tide and heavy seasonal rain, and several communities on the Northern Islands did experience some serious flooding, it IS a yearly event.
Most Canadians probably didn’t even know it was happening unless they watched a weather report.
For reference, here’s a screen shot of the approximate area of flooding:
968E6B2F-6608-40E0-9C26-27BD2EBAA41C.jpeg
A bit of info about these floodplains:
[…]Not surprisingly, the greatest population on floodplains occurs in southwestern BC around the Fraser River. Richmond is particularly vulnerable, as are Delta, Coquitlam and Chilliwack. We calculated that 315,000 people live on the Lower Fraser River floodplain alone. Province wide, 424,000 people live on floodplains – that’s roughly 10% of the total population. Other areas of interest include the population centers of Duncan, Nanaimo, Kamloops, Squamish, Osoyoos, Prince George, and Terrace.[…]

There...rant over.

Massive flooding due to torrential rains in Taif of Makkah province, Saudi Arabia​

Major flooding due to heavy rain in Paysandu, Uruguay​

Back
Top Bottom