What are you listening to?

A girl I work with showed an interest in material that was very similar to the material available on this site. I introduced her to the breathing program that is available on this site (she doesn't have access to the internet). Since I was previously in medical school I had an anatomy book available and as we listened to the introduction together I used the book to help her see the anatomy of the Vagus nerve and its connections to the diaphragm, heart, and the musculature of the throat as well as to the brain. After the initial informative introduction we watched the introductory video to the three stage breathing and Ba-Ha (spelling?) breathing techniques. We have been doing the breathing program for the past two weeks together. She is currently learning the Prayer of the Soul. Interestingly, she has been experiencing quite a bit of synchronicity and deja vu which has more or less become "old news" to me but very new to her. She is also going through a lot of hell not only at work and with her home life as well. I gave her The Wave book part one and she just loves you Laura! She especially loved watching you on the Eiriu Eolas program. What you said really resonated with her.

In her very first breathing session she zoned out and upon "awakening" she said she "felt" the number 502 to be something of importance. Of course, it could mean nothing at all or perhaps not who knows. The next breathing session was much more intense and she started to see faces in addition to a very bright blue light. This past Monday when we planned on doing the session something came up that kept us from actually doing it. (I'd like to make the note that it is because of her of interest that I started to do the breathing again in the first place. I will admit that I am weak when it comes to having the willpower to do something that I see will only benefit myself. I know that, in reality, it may not only benefit myself but others as well. I just have a hard time making such a thing "real" to me since I feel myself to be of zero importance in the scheme of things!

Anyway, the reason I'm writing this post is not only to begin once again to become an active member of this forum (I have so much catching up to do!), but to post a song that the girl I work with wanted to listen to after watching the Crossovers from another Dimension video on crop circles and also to share what I feel to be a beautiful experience! It was after I mentioned to her that my favorite crop cirlce was the one that looked like a DNA helix wrapped onto itself that she mentioned the following song:

soley234.JPG

It was the one that represented The Goddess of All Creation. The following is that song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8djQEYvLdQ8
Noah and the Whale - Five Years Time

Oh well in five years time we could be walking round a zoo
With the sun shining down over me and you
And there'll be love in the bodies of the elephants too
And I'll put my hands over your eyes, but you'll peep through

And there'll be sun sun sun
All over our bodies
And sun sun sun
All down our necks (?)
And sun sun sun
All over our faces
And sun sun sun

So what the heck

Cos I'll be laughing at all your silly little jokes
And we'll be laughing about how we used to smoke
All those stupid little cigarettes
And drink stupid wine
Cos it's what we needed to have a good time

And it was fun fun fun
When we were drinking
It was fun fun fun
When we were drunk
And it was fun fun fun
When we were laughing
It was fun fun fun
Oh it was fun

Oh well I look at you and say
It's the happiest that I've ever been
And I'll say I no longer feel I have to be James Dean
And she'll say
Yah well I feel all pretty happy too
And I'm always pretty happy when I'm just kicking back with you

And it'll be
Love love love
All through our bodies
And love love love
All through our minds
And it be Love love love
All over her face
And Love love love
All over mine

Although maybe all these moments are just in my head
I'll be thinking ‘bout them as I'm lying in bed
And all that I believe (?) might never really come true
But in my mind I'm havin' a pretty good time with you

Oh

Five years time
I might not know you
Five years time
We might not speak
Oh
In five years time
We might not get along
In five years time
You might just prove me wrong

Oh there'll be love love love
Wherever you go
There'll be love love love
Wherever you go
Wherever you go
Wherever you go
Wherever you go
Wherever you go

Wherever you go there'll be love

After listening to it I decided to find the page where the C's said that there were five years remaining. I had forgotten that they had also said this!:

A: 5 more years! 2 go! 0 new year!

520 or 502.

It's both strange and beautiful how the Universe works. If I hadn't met her I may not have began to do the breathing program again. She mentions this song by Noah and the Whale of all the bands that exist in the world entitled" Five Years Time! This is my first post in a long time (too long) and I would like to reconnect with everyone here and DO what is in me to do to help build this Ark! She has helped me to realize my state and is helping me to become. She helped me come up with a resolution for the new years. I like to think of it as a bread for life:

Breathe
Read
Exercise
Apply knowledge
Detox

Now, I 'll get back to catching up with all that I have missed in the past few months!

Hi ,one of my favourite songs is Youth Of The Nation ( P.O.D)

Last day of the rest of my life
I wish I would've known
Cause I didn't kiss my mama goodbye

I didn't tell her that I loved her and how much I care
Or thank my pops for all the talks
And all the wisdom he shared

Unaware, I just did what I always do
Everyday, the same routine
Before I skate off to school

But who knew that this day wasn't like the rest
Instead of taking a test
I took two to the chest

Call me blind, but I didn't see it coming
Everybody was running
But I couldn't hear nothing

Except gun blasts, it happened so fast
I don't really know this kid
Even though I sit by him in class

Maybe this kid was reaching out for love
Or maybe for a moment
He forgot who he was
Or maybe this kid just wanted to be hugged
Whatever it was
I know it's because

[chorus:]
We are, We are, the youth of the nation

Little Suzy, she was only twelve
She was given the world
With every chance to excel

Hang with the boys and hear the stories they tell
She might act kind of proud
But no respect for herself

She finds love in all the wrong places
The same situations
Just different faces

Changed up her pace since her daddy left her
Too bad he never told her
She deserved much better

Johnny boy always played the fool
He broke all the rules
So you would think he was cool

He was never really one of the guys
No matter how hard he tried
Often thought of suicide

It's kind of hard when you ain't got no friends
He put his life to an end
They might remember him then

You cross the line and there's no turning back
Told the world how he felt
With the sound of a gat

[chorus]

Who's to blame for the lives that tragedies claim
No matter what you say
It don't take away the pain

That I feel inside, I'm tired of all the lies
Don't nobody know why
It's the blind leading the blind

I guess that's the way the story goes
Will it ever make sense
Somebody's got to know

There's got to be more to life than this
There's got to be more to everything
I thought exists

Hi to all,

The last week was one of the most busy weeks of my life, I was applying for a master program that is highly competitive, and all the while I try to gather the required documents, General Law combined with my Negative Introject attacked me, telling me to give up. All those times I singed this song to remind myself that I need to win this battle, and I am worthy enough to fight with both of them. Is there a better role model than Don Quixote in such a battle?

It is from the musical "Man of La Mancha", the song is called "I, Don Quixote", singed by Linda Eder who has an amazing voice, osit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ynrky_iw6Q

Hear me now oh thou bleak and unbearable world
Thou art base and debauched as can be
And a knight with his banners all bravely unfurled
Now hurls down his gauntlet to thee!

I am I, Don Quixote, the Lord of La Mancha
Destroyer of Evil am I,
I will march to the sound of the trumpets of glory
Forever to conquer or die

Hear me heathens and wizards and serpents of sin
All your dastardly doings are past
For a holy endeavor is now to begin
And virtue shall triumph at last!

A Name all the world soon will know
And the wild winds of fortune will carry me onward
Oh whither so ever they blow

Whither so ever they blow
Onward to Glory I go!

A Name all the world soon will know
And the wild winds of fortune will carry me onward
Oh whither so ever they blow

Whither so ever they blow
Onward to Glory I go!

As a note, I take the lyrics not in literal meaning, but fighting with your false personality.

P.S.: SeekingtheTruth, it is good to see you again! You were on my mind for some time, I was wondering what happened to you. I am glad that you decided to join in and continue your seeking. ;)

Anyone who is familiar with the Sufi's and is aware of the role that music has played in much of their work, teachings and appreciation of life, may also be aware of the "Talking Drum."

Anyone who hasn't listened to Sufi arhythmic talking drum music might find it interesting from the point of view of self-observation - noticing the effect it may, or may not, have on your present mental/emotional patterns.

I find this fascinating, and as I poked around, listening and reading here and there, I was led back to Kate Bush...two of her songs in particular.

Anyone who knows Kate Bush's music, probably knows that dance and movement are central to much of her work. Movement often conveys messages just as important as the music and lyrics. She is known to implement a vast array of symbol systems with language and images drawn from Catholicism, Sufism, Wicca, and the Tarot.

With that said, the easiest way to experience the effect of Sufi arhythmic talking drum music, if you never have, would be to check out the two songs I mentioned that contain it in a fuller context:

Kate Bush - Sat in Your Lap
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEVMfG8z490 (my favorite)

and

Kate Bush - Get Out Of My House
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMDgvxbsvPw

(From "The Dreaming")

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Just for the info:

Some of the most visible Sufi-related music on the internet (so far as I've looked):
West African Sufi order, the Qadiriya of Senegal

Here's Macodu Samb "Ndiaw" playing tama (Talking Drum) in Usine Ben Tally-HLM. Dakar, Senegal.

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y-ixTIi9wA&feature=related

Rasaki Aladokun, The Master of the Talking Drum
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA6hsgOAgoY&feature=related

Portal to explore Sufi Music in general:
_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Sufi_music

Megapode said:
Breton said:
Megapode said:
E Muzeki-

"The group's primary instrumental blend includes acoustic guitar with either Gypsy or Celtic violin, or the Greek bouzouki as the melodic lead, and vast array of percussion. Often, however, the musicians will shift voices introducing the indian sitar or sitara, Flamenco guitar, accordion, penny whistle, and rauschphife, creating rich and exuberant musical textures rarely experienced by western ears.

Drawing from Gypsy, Greek, Spanish, and Celtic traditions while not being bound by them, the group has developed a unique and captivating style. Whether playing actual folk repertoire, or one of their original compositions, E Muzeki brings fresh emotion to ancient musical tradition, drawing listeners of all ages and from every walk of life." http://www.emuzeki.com/emuzeki.html
[...]

hey, this group is GOOD! Thanks for the introduction! :)

Agreed! Apparently they have moved on to different groups. Mark Varelas has gone to Wine and Alchemy. www.wineandalchemy.com and Jenny O'Connor has formed Elysium with some other people. I can't find a website for Elysium yet.

Jenny O'Connor formed Circa Paleo. You can listen to clips on their site. Circa Paleo
Circa Paleo said:
Who we are:

circa: from Latin circa “about” or “around”

paleo: prefix used in scientific combinations; from Greek palaio-, comb. form of palaios “old, ancient; also “far” (in space and time)

circa Paleo: around the world in approximate times.

Jenny and Josh hunt and gather from world-wide musical influences, while Jay provides wisdom of paleolithic proportions.

Jenny O’Connor, Violin, Fiddle, Guitar

The inspiration to learn violin first came when I was 17, as an Irish violin aire was playing on the family stereo. It was the only instrumental piece in an album of vocal folk ballads and had been played unnoticed countless times throughout my childhood, but at that moment I was totally captivated. The slow, simple melody spoke to me of the emotion of someone from the distant past, asking that I remain still and simply listen. That day I dug out our broken, dusty heirloom violin, untouched for decades, and began a journey of learning which continues to this day.

My studies ranged from classical violin to folk fiddle, and my interest in Irish and Celtic music soon spread to other cultures. I was drawn to the musical traditions of Greece and Eastern Europe, and the civilizations they defined. Being especially enchanted by the tough spicy culture of nomadic Romani people, also known as Gypsies, I was naturally led to the country of their origin, which is believed to be India. More recently I have explored the sounds and lives of Mongolia, Armenia and Persia…all strong influences in the first circa Paleo release…

In partnership with Greek bouzouki player and guitarist Mark Varelas, we founded E Muzeki and discovered the nation’s Renaissance Festivals. We were introduced to an amazing concentration of listeners with an eager ear for the exotic sounds we offered. The generous support of these listeners and fans offered us the opportunity to travel the country for seven years of joyous musical performance. This tradition of sharing continues, in a new way, with circa Paleo.

Joshua Amyx, Plethora of Percussion and Hand Drums, Saz, Guitar

The cycle of the sun, phases of the moon, the ebb and flow of the tide; these are rhythms of the world. They are joined by the drawing of our breath and the beating of our hearts; the rhythms that are life. Our paleolithic ancestors began by rhythmically beating their chests, struck sticks and stones together and chanted in unison, discovering that sound into rhythm is simply and profoundly captivating. These realizations gently guided me to lend my hands to this universal component.

My introduction to world percussion and the deep traditional rhythmic structures of world music left me no choice. I unreservedly embraced the mystery rooted in this enduring, unyielding ingredient of the universe. And then, there was caffeine. With a superfluity of tea and coffee at my side, I knew that there was only one course of action: immerse myself in this depth of sound and groove. Clutch it, to the very end, or be lost. Lost, but heavily caffeinated.

Jay Elkins, Guitar, Stick and Mallet drums, Percussion

I have a more formal and classical history than my bandmates. Come to think of it, I’m the only member of the band old enough to have a history. I survived the public school band program in Texas, I scraped by long enough at the University of Texas at Arlington to fake my way to a Bachelor of Music degree, and I spent an eternity one summer traveling and competing as a member of the Madison Scouts Drum and Bugle Corps in Madison, Wisconsin. I spent too many years as an educator, adjudicator, composer and performer in the Houston, Texas area while studying music composition, percussion performance, and instrumental conducting at the University of Houston Graduate School of Music. I’ve played, conducted and/or taught gazillions of musicals, variety shows, concerts, contests, halftime shows, private lessons, master classes, clinics, and marched in so many parades I needed therapy. No, really, ask any of my ex-wives.

JayTrained primarily in Western music (that’s Western as in Hemisphere, not “Country and…”), the opportunity to learn and perform new styles and new instruments from other cultures around the world is very exciting for me. For years I’ve been a diehard renaissance festival patron mostly to drink beer and sing dirty songs with Iris and Rose, but also for a chance to experience the magic of artists like Owain Phyfe, E Muzeki, Wolgemut, Cantiga, Istanpitta, Wyndnwyre, and other phenomenally talented musicians who travel the renaissance festival circuit. The opportunity to be a part of Circa Paleo has made a dream of mine a reality; a five-day weekend.

And that now perhaps I, too, can be a part of the magic.
They sound great! Shikee, Shikee Baba

Marcin Wyrostek - The winner of Polish Got Talent 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH96qsPRQp0

Kings and Queens - 30 seconds to mars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VhZDiG7ye0

Into the night
Desperate and broken
The sound of a fight
Father has spoken

We were the kings and queens of promise
We were the victims of ourselves
Maybe the children of a lesser God
Between Heaven and Hell
Heaven and Hell

Into your eyes
Hopeless and taken
We stole our new lives
Through blood and pain
In defense of our dreams
In defense of our dreams

We were the Kings and Queens of promise
Maybe the Children of a lesser God
Between Heaven and Hell
Heaven and Hell

The age of man is over
A darkness comes at dawn
These lessons that we learned here
Have only just begun

We were the Kings and Queens of promise
Maybe the Children of a Lesser God
Between Heaven and Hell

We are the Kings
We are the Queens
We are the Kings
We are the Queens

TRIANA - LUMINOSA MAÑANA

Ayer tuve un sueño
alto como el cielo
cuando desperté
algo me quemó muy dentro.

El pájaro cantaba
la triste melodía
que brota de la tierra
sin cesar ni un momento.

De pronto me vi
como un extraño
comencé a caminar
sin saber a donde ir
sin saber ...

Los árboles contaban
historias de otros mundos
con danzas expresivas
para un corazón sediento.

Luminosa mañana
prendida de sufrimiento
hoy he visto la luz
que todos llevamos dentro

On a very sad note, Lhasa de Sela, a wonderful singer and songwriter, died on New Year's day after battling breast cancer for the last two years. She was 37.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOLg_XY2cWA

For anyone that even remotely likes Sting, I highly recommend his new album 'If On A Winter's Night'! We got this album for Christmas and we've been listening to it almost every day :)

Galahad said:
On a very sad note, Lhasa de Sela, a wonderful singer and songwriter, died on New Year's day after battling breast cancer for the last two years. She was 37.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOLg_XY2cWA

That is sad. :cry: I believe Lhasa understood harmony (of spirit, music and voice). I didn't understand the lyrics, but I was moved by the experience of watching that video. Thanks for sharing it.

Nevena Coneva - Izlel e Delio haidutin

This song is a real masterpiece. It was sent into space on the board of Voyager as a message for aliens :D I hope our grey and lizard friends would like it a lot. ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3suy4Wj9SA&feature=related

Listening to this right now. I really love this song and wanted to share it. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKfEzadyrO0

Thievery Corporation: All That We Perceive

Everything that's real
And everything unrealized
All infinity
Starts falling from your eyes
We are fluid dreams
Vivid memories
All uncertainly
Leads to eternity

All that we perceive
In every mystery
Who are we
What we see
I can't comprehend

Who are we
What we see
I can't comprehend

Illuminating love falls from the skies
To water the illusions in our eyes
All that we desire and all we fear
All our aspirations grow unclear

We feel endlessly
Beyond all gravity

Who are we
What we see
I can't comprehend

Wo are we
What we see
I can't comprehend

EDIT-

Oh and this song is also by the same group.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCnQEA-eI30&feature=related

It's very old and in Persian but I found the translation so here it is :)
One note on the translation though- the part that the translator has said "get sick of one another" I think a more accurate meaning would be they "feed on each other until they are full" but that's a very long sentence/meaning to portray in English, so they have chosen the word "sick". That's how I interpret the word when I listen to it anyway- fwiw.

Hope (Omid) by Thievery Corporation

روز به روز آدمها
Rooz be rooz adamha (x4)
Day by Day, people
از هم دیگه سیر میشن
Az ham dige sir mishan,
get sick of one another
از هم دیگه قهر می کنن
Az ham dige ghar mikonan,
(people) chase each other away
روز به روز آدمها
Rooz be rooz adamha (x2)
Day by Day, people

من از همه جدا شدم
Man az hameh joda shodam,
I chose solitude
از این دنیا بیزار شدم
Az in donya bizaar shodam,
For I lost faith in my world (I've hated this world)

آرزوی صلح داشتم
Arezooye Solh dashtam,
I had dreams of peace
چقدر ساده دل بودم
Che ghadr sadeh del boodam (x2)
How simple hearted was I
(2x

بیا امید کاری بکن
Bia Omid kari bokon,
Omid (Hope) do what is in your power
چاره دردها رو کن
Chareye dard ha ro kon,
To save us from all this pain

نذار که زندگی، سریع و تند تموم شه
Nazar ke zendegi, Saree o tond tamoom beshe (x2)
Forbid our lives to go by, So fast and abruptly
بدون عشق و شادی
Bedoon eshgh o shaadi (x2)
Without true love and happiness

I couldn't help myself, just need to share this one more. This goes out to all of the French speaking forum members ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qifwy_eFgd0&feature=related

Couleur de vie, couleur de joie Colour of life, colour of joy
Où sont tes larmes, tous tes mots Where are your tears, all your words
Et puisque t'en as marre de voir And since you're so tired of seeing
Tous les gens souffrir All the people suffer
Cette notion trop simple et naïve This simple, naïve idea
Parvenir à vaincre une loi Will manage to overcome a law
Loi invisible, si injuste An invisible law, so unjust
Si injuste, si sombre So unjust, so dark

Vis ta vie, elle est si belle Live your life, it is so beautiful
Vis ta vie, c'est la tienne Live your life, it is yours
Vis ta vie, sans mensonge Live your life without lies