What are you listening to?

Soothing song...
After the painful separation, ....there is always the joyful return 💞..

Bobby Vinton - Sealed with a Kiss

"........Yes, it's gonna be a cold lonely summer
But I'll fill the emptiness
I'll send you all my dreams
Every day in a letter
Sealed with a kiss

I'll see you in the sunlight
I'll hear your voice everywhere
I'll run to tenderly hold you
But baby,(darling) you won't be there

I don't wanna say goodbye for the summer
Knowing the love we'll miss
So let us make a pledge
To meet in September
And seal it with a kiss......"

"Himal Ko Choro (Son of Mountains)" from the soundtrack of the documentary film "14 Peaks: Nothing is Impossible"

Every great movie needs a great song. All the films I watched growing up, the end credits had an epic song over them. #14Peaks needed something really special, a song that captured the scale of the adventure, the mountains themselves and the spirit of Nepal and her people.

Here is a piece by composer Vangelis. It is called "1492 Conquest of Paradise". The images of the video belong to the movie with the same name of this video. Gerard Depardieu plays wonderfully the role of Columbus. Highly recommended film! Now that I know "The Spanish Black Legend", I can detect the profile of what was conveyed in the plot of this movie.

Now... master music!:violin:

And I think this album is wonderful! It has like a spacey sound! It reminds me a bit of Vangelis' music which, by the way, is one of my favorites!

Wow, the first tune I know very well. Not sure where I crossed paths with it but wherever it was it was good luck. The music has energy which syncs with me ideally. The third one is all me.
Glad you put it here as I have so many favorites that it's tough to keep track of them.:-D

Mory Kante - Yeke Yeke​

I have this one in my head from today, I had heard it from the first day it came out, but today it came out afloat

The sky is a neighborhood
So keep it down
Heart is a storybook
A star burned out
Don't make a sound
Lights coming up ahead
Don't look now
The sky is a neighborhood (ah, ah)
Don't look now
Oh, my dear, heaven is a big bang now
Gotta get to sleep somehow
Bangin' on the ceiling
Bangin' on the ceiling
Keep it down
Bangin' on the ceiling
Bangin' on the ceiling
Keep it down
Mind is a battlefield
All hope is gone
Trouble to the right and left
Whose side you're on?
Thoughts like a minefield
I'm a ticking bomb
Maybe you should watch your step
Don't get lost
Don't get lost
Bangin' on the ceiling
Bangin' on the ceiling
Keep it down
Bangin' on the ceiling
Bangin' on the ceiling
Keep it down
Heart is a storybook
A star burned out
Something coming up ahead
Don't look now
Bangin' on the ceiling
Bangin' on the ceiling
Keep it down
Bangin' on the ceiling
Bangin' on the ceiling
Keep it down
oh, my dear, heaven is a big bang now
Gotta get to sleep somehow (the sky is a neighborhood)
Bangin' on the ceiling
Bangin' on the ceiling
Keep it down

I heard many of the last song posted here, then some mp3 i have ... until this last choice of re-listening one beautiful and special album of Archive, my preferred band (well, Muse is also well placed ^^)

This is a special album they released +/- 7y before, named Axiom.
The album is done in the way that you can listen all the 7 songs in a row with no interruption. It's special, you are warned 😅
Here's the first one, named Distorted Angels, and it's very beautiful, it touches something else in me that only a few songs are (cap)able to :

and if you want to listen the whole album, then use this link :

Enjoy !

Here is a piece by composer Vangelis. It is called "1492 Conquest of Paradise". The images of the video belong to the movie with the same name of this video. Gerard Depardieu plays wonderfully the role of Columbus. Highly recommended film! Now that I know "The Spanish Black Legend", I can detect the profile of what was conveyed in the plot of this movie.

Now... master music!:violin:
Thank you soooo much for reminding me of that song! I really really like it! 🥰 🥰 🥰 :lol:

Here is my grandmother playing Dimitri Shostakovich Preludes and Fugues...(not really it is Tatiana Nicolayeva). When in college I think Shostakovich became one of my favorite composers.

Notice there is no sheet music in sight. Kind of my definition of impeccable I guess.

Thank you goyacobol! Wow, impressive!:wow: My husband commented, after watching the video: "It makes you want to learn to play the piano".:love:

Super wow!! If I play like that, my fingers might catch on fire!!:wow::-D Out of jest, I was very struck by the connection that exists between the musicians. They look each other in the eyes all the time, they communicate with the language of music. Wonderful!

PS: I don't know how to play any instrument, I have no knowledge of music, I'm just in the 1st guitar lesson. I am learning in a self-taught way. The only thing I know about music is... ENJOY IT! Long live music!:clap:

Back
Top Bottom