What are you listening to?

I kept this running for the music but ended up actually watching most of it. Apart from stars and planets there are lots of comets zipping by (or into) like 2011/12/15, 2013/11/28 or 2016/08/3.

from STCE Newsletter
The spacecraft is also the best comet chaser in history, having made its 4000th (four thousand!) comet discovery just a few months ago

Decades of Sun from ESA & NASA’s SOHO​

December 2, 2020 marks the 25th anniversary of the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory...​

A shorter version of this was posted some months ago, and I unfortunately I can only remember the Avatar but not the name of the forum member at the moment. I was listening to it and came across this is a longer version. Then I realized the singing is in Farsi, which I didn't notice in the shorter version before. So I looked for the translation.

Armand Amar feat. levon Minassian - Bab'aziz

If I am not mistaken, Farsi to English Lyrics for the song Bab'aziz, apparently a poem by Rumi:

Poem of the atoms

Intro by unknown
Any bit which exists in the air or in the Hamoun
Look carefully to see it is lovesick just like us
Each bit, if it is happy, if sad
But is crazy lover for the pleasing undeniable sun

Main by Salar Aghili
Oh you, the day, come so that the bits dance
The one by whome, the Earth and the skies dance
The heats and souls dance from extreme happiness, in an uncaring, free mood
I'll wispier in your ears that where will they dance
Any bit which exists in the air or in the Hamoun
Look carefully to see it is lovesick just like us
Each bit, if it is happy, if sad
But is crazy lover for the pleasing undeniable sun

This played after. I find it soothing as well:

Armand AMAR & Levon MINASSIAN​

"The superstar trio of Michael McGoldrick, John McCusker and John Doyle put a couple of Scottish piper Fred Morrison’s tunes together during the Saturday Night at the Savoy concert in Glace Bay, Nova Scotia, Canada on October 7, 2017."

Worlds away with memories
Of killing time and dreams
Think of me, it was so cold we burned
And as they leave, they cross my mind

No time, I think it's over
This life inside I steal as mine
Look in your eyes, you're worlds away
And life is locked inside you

Then, you sleep and city walls
They dissolve to dreams
Children cry, they're losing everything

From heart to heart
The beat slow fades
The sun explodes the night time
For all we know
There's nothing changed

Look in your eyes you're worlds away
Where art is love is science
A million miles, a thousand minds
Now worlds away

Oh no, don't say goodbye
When you can love only one thing
And they want you to know
It's you, it's you
Worlds away
Don't say goodbye

Have to thank c.a. for inadvertently introducing me to these guys, plus the resulting effect that Spotify (in it's wisdom) happens to have been smashing me with this awesome track since - which happens to ,blessedly, bring back glorious memories of youth, darkened rooms and...well you know;

Finally got around to looking for meaning in the title this evening and thought this seemed cool;

Tamu Massif was formed during one, geologically brief eruptive period, which scientists had previously thought was impossible on Earth.[9][10] If confirmed, the suggestion that it could be a single volcano[11] would make the Tamu Massif the largest known volcano on Earth...

The following is a small song from the film ‘Pooh’s Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin’.

This one may be a bit silly but it caught my attention how Rabbit’s mentality reflects that of both the current media and authoritarian followers blindly agreeing with the officially declared ‘truth’. We are now our bombarded with a incredible level of lies and are encouraged to accept the changing and contradictory ‘truths’ rather than our own observations.

Note that in the context of the film Rabbit is a follower of authority and whose ignorance leaves him vulnerable to manipulation. I find it notable that he leads or rather pushes his companions off a small cliff in the video before following them over. His character arc in the film involves learning to rely upon his own mental faculties to help ‘save’ Christopher Robin.

It is Owl that better reflects the STS manipulator, being responsible for misleading the group. Misreading Christopher Robins letter to imply he is at the sinister Skull (in reality School) and manufacturing a nonsensical map whilst notably not joining Pooh bear and his friends on the quest to save him.

Back
Top Bottom