What are your thoughts on having children?

EMA

A Disturbance in the Force

The reason I'm asking is because I'm so conflicted with wanting to have another child with the state that the planet is in in regards to all the corruption in capitalism, agriculture, medicine and government and its effects on humanity and the environment. As well as all the earth changes. Is it selfish? Should I not live in fear?

Thanks so much.

I think you're responded to your questions in his first post:
EMA said:
The material in the wave helped me get through some rough times and helped me understand the issues I was dealing with at the time with in myself and the relationships around me. I was able to recognize who and what was inhibiting me from growing. I've had alot of energy drainers in my past but I am aware now that I may have contributed because of my own STS tendencies that I previously had.

I found out I was pregnant not long after finishing the series. My son is almost 2 now. I can't even explain the love I have for him. He's changed my life. He fills me with so much happiness and adoration. Gives me so much inspiration, passion and strength. I am very grateful that I woke up before my pregnancy because now I have the knowledge to protect and raise my son in a toxic world. I did all the research on vaccine, pharmaceutical, medical and water/food industries. I knew it wasn't going to be good but I didn't realize how bad it was. I was shocked, disgusted and saddened by all the deception around us. Of course now I try to spread the word as much as I can.
Be a good mom, enjoy the pregnancy, more read and inform yourselves and yor children (when you are asked, when they grow up) about the advantages and disadvantages of certain things, situations, food .... :read: and :hug:

EMA said:

The reason I'm asking is because I'm so conflicted with wanting to have another child with the state that the planet is in in regards to all the corruption in capitalism, agriculture, medicine and government and its effects on humanity and the environment. As well as all the earth changes. Is it selfish? Should I not live in fear?

I would say having a child in the current global milieu would be problematic, in the sense that it may be difficult to protect and properly care for an infant/young child in the event of an economic collapse and/or major catastrophic earth changes events. Both scenarios do look to be possible in the near future, so one should take that into account when thinking about bringing a soul into the world. The desire to have a child can be selfish, if having a child is about your happiness. This is an incredibly cruel, difficult, and painful world we live in, so that should be taken into account. You may be happy, but what about the child? I personally would never bring a soul into this world under the current conditions, no matter how strong the drive is to procreate.

The choice to not have a child could also be viewed as selfish. What if there is a soul who wants to enter this world to be here for the amazing transition? I don't think we necessarily have children for our own satisfaction. We can have a child to serve that soul. Perhaps that soul has some karmic need to be incarnated at this time? I guess you have to look carefully at your own motivations to have another child. People have had children throughout all times in history - through the dark times and in stressful environments as well as in lands of milk and honey. This still goes on. I am sure there are still people in Greece and Africa having babies. It depends on your true and honest intent. It depends on your lesson profile. What is your destiny in this life?

BHelmet said:
The choice to not have a child could also be viewed as selfish. What if there is a soul who wants to enter this world to be here for the amazing transition?

As you said, there are people all over the world having babies. There is no shortage of opportunities for souls that want to experience 3D. I see the above as merely a narrative covering someone's real reasons for wanting a child.

Keyhole said:
EMA said:
Is it selfish?
Hi EMA. This can't really be answered with a simple "yes" or "no", mainly because the answer is dependent on your reason for wanting to have another child.

Can I ask, why do you want to have another child?

Agree with the above. All I can say is that I personally can't imagine bringing a child into this world in its current state. The cards are stacked against children's best interests: health-wise, economically, socially, intellectually... Gads, just thinking of all the things wrong with this world that children have to go through gets me worked up!

Approaching Infinity said:
Keyhole said:
EMA said:
Is it selfish?
Hi EMA. This can't really be answered with a simple "yes" or "no", mainly because the answer is dependent on your reason for wanting to have another child.

Agree with the above. All I can say is that I personally can't imagine bringing a child into this world in its current state. The cards are stacked against children's best interests: health-wise, economically, socially, intellectually... Gads, just thinking of all the things wrong with this world that children have to go through gets me worked up!

Yeah, definitely not in this world.

BHelmet said:
The choice to not have a child could also be viewed as selfish. What if there is a soul who wants to enter this world to be here for the amazing transition?

If that was the reason for someone to decide to have a child, why stop at one? There's probably many more wanting to enter this world, so how many babies should we have before we decide where the cut off point is. When would we say it's not selfish to have any more?

This is a good question EMA and it is wise to think consciously about this so you can arrive at the right decision for YOU.

My 2 children have grown up and I understand your concerns.

My 2 daughters and husbands are both planning to have children in the next two years. They are smart aware people ( though maybe not with the level of awareness that we have on the fourm) and I do worry what sort of a world my grandchildren will be born into, however I do have hope! Then I tell myself that the planet needs more smart aware people and those souls may have a purpose here. We really dont know do we?

Do you think we need to look at the way we raise children in this increasingly disturbing world and adapt? Is home schooling an option for you? These are questions running through my mind and it may be of help to you.

Tracy Anne said:
I do worry what sort of a world my grandchildren will be born into, however I do have hope! Then I tell myself that the planet needs more smart aware people and those souls may have a purpose here. We really dont know do we?
Hi Tracy Anne,

I am interested to know whether you think hope would be of any benefit to someone seeking to see reality objectively?

Have you also considered that perhaps the latter quoted part of your post might merely be a narrative you have created to avoid facing the reality of the situation we are faced with, and which also essentially invalidates the "I do worry what sort of a world my grandchildren will be born into" part? I am suggesting this because it is easy to invalidate our own feelings, and reality to a large extent, through making justifications, wishfully thinking and spinning narratives in order to "soften the blow" and to reduce the shocks of life. Through reading the above part of your post, this was the impression I recieved.

Keyhole said:
EMA said:
Is it selfish?

I contemplated this a great deal during my wife and I going through the adoption process. Personally I could of lived as we were and I thought on many occasions wether it was the right thing to do. I am fully aware of the world and where it's heading. I think my wife was sold on the idea of adoption from the start and she had her reasons for that.

i tried to think of myself in the child's situation and this was before we received the profile of our boy. What was their situation, could I provide support in the world we live in which will only get worse. If we don't adopt will the child be left in care and what fate will befall the child, it all crossed my mind. Eventually as we had gone through the process i opted to go through with it. It took a lot of soul searching on my part and I knew their would be massive changes for us personally. Of course there has been and parenthood continues to be the greatest learning experience I have ever had which is an ongoing process. I wouldn't change a thing though I worry everyday about the state of the world and his future.

I think simply it boils down to this. You can't stop living your life because of what might happen. Things that are beyond our control as we would never do anything? Yes the cards are stacked against a child's best interests but hasn't this been the case throughout history.
EMA said:

Thanks so much.
I think it is healthy to have those fears as it is a massive decision for you with the current state of our world. Look at every detail and decide what's right for you.

Keyhole said:
EMA said:
Is it selfish?

If I could be sure of giving a child a perfect or as near perfect as possible, upbringing, then I would like to, but the odds are stacked against that for two reasons: 1) I wouldn't be fully confident that my own interaction with my child would not have negative effects on him/her. 2) The high chances of their childhood being dominated by first person shooter war videos games and/or watching hyper-sexualized deviant 'role models' gyrating on YT videos.

So given the choice, which we apparently have, right now I would not choose to have a child, but then again, I could be completely wrong. In the end, it's definitely a personal choice that will be based on many factors, some of which you proably aren't even consciously aware of.

To reiterate what others have said in a nutshell, and barring a few truly exceptional and somewhat outlandish circumstances, I think having a child in this kind of world is selfish. Bottom line, people do it to feel good; whether it is for the sex, the enjoyment of having a "mini-me" following you around, or the pride you can get from the child's accomplishments, it's usually all about you.

I think the adoption scenario is somewhat different. While you can still raise a child for narcissistic reasons, a lot of the biological rewards such as sex and the continuation of one's bloodline are removed, so it's already a little bit less self-centered. Also since such a child is already here and in a bad situation, there is more room for you to make a net improvement in the world by intervening rather than irresponsibly adding to the problem of an overburdened and quite heartless system by having one of your own.

There can be equally selfish reasons to have or not have a child. One side has already been spoken for. So I am picking the other. Selfish reasons to not have a child could be "I don't want the responsibility/I would like to do as I please without restrictions coming from having to care for a child/......Humans have used their intelligence to figure out how to have sex without having offsprings - so that leaves the door open for physical indulgence and gratification without having to " pick up the tab". And the "horrifying state of the world" could be used to justify not having a child legitimately only when other life decisions and actions are aligned and consistent with the same view.

I do not think there is a general yes or no answer to the question whether it is good to have children. Like Perceval wrote, it is a choice based on factors some of which are not within conscious grasp. Essence pattern destinies and associated lesson profiles play a role here among other factors, which includes the unconscious instinctive drive to procreate.

Back
Top Bottom