What's the weather where you are?

Persej said:
So far it's good here but Sava is constantly rising. We will probably also get some flooding in the next few days when that water comes here.

That's good to hear.
Since Kupa (from Karlovac) goes into Sava in Sisak, and further down the road Una river (making trouble in NW area of B&H) also goes into Sava, I just hope that all this will not coincide with each other and make additional problems in downstream places which were severely flooded in the spring 2014 when dike on Sava river completely broke in the neighbourhood of Gunja/Brčko just before Serbian border.
Stay safe and dry. :)

Yesterday one my old friend posted this image on his FB. He have a big yard behind his house. The tress were blooming like its spring. Picture is taken on 21-October 2010.
Since yesterday its a little colder here in Macedonia and its raining.
I remember that i read in one article on Sott, and i think it was a Laura article where it says that when times are changing such a unbelievable things such a tree blooming in October happens and that such a things were happening even in the old Roman empire before it all went down. Its probably some Sign of the TIme about big earth and cosmic changes that are more and more noticeable every single day on this planet.

Attachments

• aaaaa.jpg
    aaaaa.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 212
Although I'm not in Zimbabwe, some friends from SA send me some pictures of the Victoria Falls, in Zimbabwe, which is quite dry. It has not been this dry since 1992. You can see pictures here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1086366861374640.1073741871.195706583774010&type=3 There is also a report here http://www.news24.com/Green/News/Where-has-Vic-Falls-gone-Nearly-half-has-dried-up-20151011 However if all is well the rainy season should start soon.

Weather at Mexico City had been better than few days ago, the Sun is here again, we are feeling Patricia extended wings? ... I called family members, they are not at the coast, but still they need to be prepared, they live like 300 km inside land, still, people/authorities, every level are quite active to prepare, many company workers had been taken the evening off to be prepared -as far as I had known from family members and friends, .... since Colima's volcan is also quite near Patricia impact, authorities had evacuated towns as well, for cautious of lahars and mudslides.

The impact area is quite full of tourists as well, I had heard some hotels become refugee sites.

I hope within what Patricia had become in so short notice, there would no be too much destruction.

Because Patricia, out of the blue -due to the reloaded El Niño, I belive, became category 5 in short time, is expected to touch land by 5 pm. I would suppose the incoming/passing by 31 of October asteroid and the behaviour of the Sun with its coronal holes from last week may have something to do, although, I still need to read/learn more to make such connections.

_http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/tropical-threat-heightens-risk/53016886 said:
Patricia Eyes Mexico With Catastrophic Force as Strongest Hurricane on Record

Patricia, a Category 5 hurricane with maximum sustained winds of 200 mph, will bring catastrophic wind and storm surge damage to southwestern Mexico later Friday into Friday night.

Patricia also became the strongest hurricane on record passing both Linda in the eastern Pacific and Wilma in the Atlantic.

According to AccuWeather Meteorologist Becky Elliott, "Patricia rapidly intensified from a Category 1 hurricane with winds of 85 mph early Thursday to a 200-mph Category 5 hurricane 24 hours later." The central pressure of the storm dropped 100 mb during this time.

"There is no reason for Patricia to weaken significantly before making landfall, so the southwest coast of Mexico will likely be experiencing wind gusts of 185 mph or greater late Friday into Friday night," Elliott said.

In advance of the storm, officials declared a state of emergency in dozens of municipalities in the Mexican states of Colima, Nayarit and Jalisco according to the Associated Press. The governor of Colima also ordered that schools be closed on Friday.

A Category 1 hurricane moving ashore is dangerous enough, but a Category 5 storm is an entirely different matter. This escalates the amount of rain, wind and catastrophic damage to hit the area.

"Another perspective on Patricia is that with sustained winds of 325 km/h (200 mph) and gusts to 395 km/h (245 mph) Patricia is like a 15-20 mile wide EF-4 to EF-5 tornado," stated senior vice president and chief innovation executive of AccuWeather Enterprise Solutions Mike Smith.

"Currently, Patricia is expected to make landfall sometime Friday evening along the southern coast of Mexico, northwest of the city of Manzanillo," said AccuWeather Meteorologist Steve Travis.

"Areas along the coast can anticipate life-threatening flooding and storm surge along with destructive winds," said Travis.
With a forecast path to the west of Manzanillo, storm surge will also be a concern for the city and other locations to the east and south of where Patricia makes landfall. High winds from the south will funnel a great deal of water into any bays and channels as the center moves inland causing dangerous flooding.

"Manzanillo sits right in the center of a bay," AccuWeather Meteorologist Rob Miller explains. "Even though much of the city is not situated right on the beach, a significant storm surge of 6 to 8 meters (20 to 25 feet) is likely."

Rainfall of 150-300 mm (6-12 inches) will be common Colima, western Jalisco and southern Nayarit. Over 600 mm (24 inches) are possible, especially over the higher terrain.

Although Patricia will reach the coastline as a dangerous hurricane, significant weakening is expected once the center of the storm moves inland.
"After battering the coast, Patricia will need to move over the Sierra Madre del Sur Mountains to continue northward," Travis added. "Trying to cross the mountains will weaken the system fairly quickly."
In addition to these mountains that are just inland across southern Jalisco, there will be more rugged terrain to cross as the system moves farther inland.

Is at spanish SOTT. http://es.sott.net/article/41857-Colima-Jalisco-y-Nayarit-zona-de-emergencia-extraordinaria-por-huracan-Patricia-ya-de-nivel-5

A letter sent/given to the guests of a luxury hotel at Puerto Vallarta.
_http://www.infobae.com/2015/10/23/1764502-huracan-patricia-un-hotel-lujo-convirtio-sus-clientes-refugiados (Spanish)

Attachments

• 0013615216.jpg
    0013615216.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 165
I live in Guadalajara Mexico 2.5 hour drive from Mainsail beach, very close beach where the Hurricane Patricia landfull. My city is about 300mks away. The day was overcast and intermittent drizzle. There were many precautionary warnings by the Government, Schools let the children leave around 11:00am, Industries and government offices closed operations around 3:00 pm. In the afternoon rain was intensifying also introducing cold air, rain started around 8:00 pm it rained until 23:00 hrs with intense cold air. Until 12:45 am as I write this text has not been presented more rain. The amount of rainfall and air seemed bottom of what usually happens in this area. Especially when you consider that Hurricane Patricia is considered the largest in the Western Hemisphere. Which is appreciated.

The Canary Islands where I live has been flooded by heavy rain these last two days. The most unreal thing that happened to me was that all the while I was watching water level increasing alarmingly in the street, the landscape I could witness from my window was sunny, sky was deep blue, mountains and neighbourhood looked bright and the atmosphere extraordinarily clean during the whole storm. The clouds had actually just stopped above the roof of my house. It was like 'having one foot in paradise and the other one in hell', as we use to say in Spanish. And two or three hours before the storm began, I could also see right before my window two simultaneous rainbows saying hello.

Here a video of Telde city in Gran Canaria island:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNmQjhzXNy8

And another one of the same area, but from an upside down perspective, or rather a very dangerous one, like this guy practising windsurf in the middle of the city!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gTLe8pQcdU

I am very sorry for the people of Telde where really it is a mess after the rain. Here is another video from Las Palmas.

https://youtu.be/BZfRW36pTfY

Some pictures about the flooding here, in Las Palmas

http://www.canarias7.es/multimedia/galeria.cfm?id=16741&n=2

Hopefully in my neighbor nothing serious happened. Just at home we suffer small spilling from the windows and the balcony. Nothing drastic but when rain comes like that you are on alert.

The good side of this is to see how the good humor is always here, with the people of this isle. I adore them!

dulma said:
I live in Guadalajara Mexico 2.5 hour drive from Mainsail beach, very close beach where the Hurricane Patricia landfull. My city is about 300mks away. The day was overcast and intermittent drizzle. There were many precautionary warnings by the Government, Schools let the children leave around 11:00am, Industries and government offices closed operations around 3:00 pm. In the afternoon rain was intensifying also introducing cold air, rain started around 8:00 pm it rained until 23:00 hrs with intense cold air. Until 12:45 am as I write this text has not been presented more rain. The amount of rainfall and air seemed bottom of what usually happens in this area. Especially when you consider that Hurricane Patricia is considered the largest in the Western Hemisphere. Which is appreciated.

It's kind of strange that the hurricane grew from a tropical storm to a category 5 in record time, and then went back to a category 1 rather quickly too. A sign of how chaotic the climate is at the moment, I suppose.

Windmill knight said:
It's kind of strange that the hurricane grew from a tropical storm to a category 5 in record time, and then went back to a category 1 rather quickly too. A sign of how chaotic the climate is at the moment, I suppose.
Yeap, I think the same, climate going nuts, also Patricia, catalogued as the super strongest hurricane ever record due to its winds, -apparently- so far had not leaved proportional damage destruction on its path as was execting, of course, is also too early, most coastal cities were spared, I had read some twitter damage reports from Careyes, Punta Mita, Cuixamala (it entered through there), Punta Perula, Tenacatita, Melaque, Barra de Navidad, etc... in Jalisco; Coahuayana, Arteaga, Peribán, Tancitaro, in Michoacán etc ... some from here: _https://twitter.com/stormchaser4850.
And there had not been reports of fatalities as well.

Have some sister's friends living at Mascota a municipality of Jalisco in the mountains, a cute little town like two hours -if there is no rain- from Puerto Vallarta, there had been reports of mudslides and floods, I had been there and, the road gets quite complicated/dangerous in rainy season. Found a video, an aftermath of Patricia Hurricane. I hone called my sister to get some news, her friend is OK, she lives at the upper region of the town, unfortunately her sister's friend house was flooded at early morning, being at the lower region.

https://youtu.be/ebw6m3CK4gY

I had seen several videos compilations or not, including captions that do not correspond either to Patricia hurricane, nor the affected cities, in fact there is one at RT _https://www.rt.com/news/319589-hurricane-patricia-mexico-storm/ ... the first video, in its title is says: RAW/Video:Hurricane Patricia reaches Mexico; major flooding under ... well, it is not from any city of Mexico -buses, cars, structure, road, etc, perhaps some place from southamerica, though ...

edit: spell check and minor deleting adding texts --- almost missed the post due to bad internet connection and pushed the bottom before previewing it. :P

Picked up a light dusting of snow at the higher elevations near the 1828,8 m (6000 ft mark), with a little more at the summit of Le Pic Du Midi (http://m.webcam-hd.com/la-mongie/4-termes ).

The fire places here in the area have been kicking in lately, with many villagers having stocked there wood plies before the fall.

Fall colors are beautiful as greens gives way to reds and thus the seasonal change. Which has been very gradual (more normal) as to previous years.

Though the weather cool, still not quite cold enough that i feel like i needed to light a fire yet.

So Cold Therapy showers and a high fat diet investment continues to show its dividends. :)

J'ai être allé, sans danger

Le Pic fait son live !
http://www.picdumidi.com/webcam-meteo/

We're dealing with the remnants of Patricia here in Southern Ontario, Canada with Environment Canada issuing a warning that we could see 50mm of rain over the course of the day. That's as much as we usually get in a month :shock: We're also getting wind gusts of up to 70km/h.

I heard on the radio this morning that there were already 4 pedestrians hit in Toronto by 7:30am. Dangerous conditions, for sure, as visibility is quite bad and accumulated water is likely leading to hydroplaning. Hopefully, now that the sun is up, things are a little more safe out there.

dugdeep said:
We're dealing with the remnants of Patricia here in Southern Ontario, Canada with Environment Canada issuing a warning that we could see 50mm of rain over the course of the day. That's as much as we usually get in a month :shock: We're also getting wind gusts of up to 70km/h.

I heard on the radio this morning that there were already 4 pedestrians hit in Toronto by 7:30am. Dangerous conditions, for sure, as visibility is quite bad and accumulated water is likely leading to hydroplaning. Hopefully, now that the sun is up, things are a little more safe out there.

Yes, it's bad and I just saw on the tv that there are now 10 pedestrians that have been hit this morning!

Yesterday afternoon (Monday November 1st), my wife and I were driving in Shellharbour, which is a suburb just south of Wollongong in New South Wales. I looked out over the ocean and could see a storm not far away. This area is prone to waterspouts, and it looked as if a waterspout was in the process of dispersing.
I mentioned to my wife that if it came ashore it would be like a mini tornado.

Later on in the news, we saw that there had been several houses severely damaged in Wollongong by a freak storm, with lots of lightning, hail and strong winds.
Where we were in Shellharbour there was only a light sprinkle of rain.

This morning my daughter rang us from Canberra, and she reported that there had been an amazing storm there with lots of lightning, and heavy rain.
We were heading back there, so we left a bit earlier so that we would not be caught in the weather while going up the escarpment, which is tricky even when it's dry.
So we got home without incident, and I checked the rain gauge, and there was 25 ml of rain, which is about an inch in the old measure (that's a lot for this area).

Sorry I don't have a link, but the TV footage was quite freaky.

Back
Top Bottom