What's the weather where you are?

Here in Central Alberta. we have had an extremely mild winter so far. In most years it would be between -20 and -40 celcius. We had snow two or three days in a row but very light and it was all melted within a few days. very mild so far with average temperatures just above freezing during the day and just below freezing at night.

Croatia, Istria
Fog and humidity, morning and night becomes cooler, daytime temperatures between 13-17 degrees, strange autumn :huh:
11049456_10153567773576072_3189348391440691858_n.jpg

Selce

Last Sunday on the NW coast of England we had constant rain accompanied by hail and a mini downburst... Throughout most of the week and continuing (it's quite amazing how it just doesn't stop) we had gale force winds (25mph), though thankfully it tended to be stronger at night. I thought it was due to this tropical storm Abigail but apparently that hits in the next few days.

'Unsettled' continues as the catch phrase for "we don't know - just not nice weather" but it really has been bad this week. And it's predicted to get worse, since the rain hasn't stopped falling, and where i live in particular the soil is naturally quite boggy anyway, and with a week of incessant rain, they're predicting flooding in many areas of the country. This will be interesting since there's been the odd sinkhole in the surrounding counties in the last few months and the MSM are attributing them to the weather, generally.

Cloud cover has been heavy with the only real sunlight being visible during sunrise/sunset which makes for dark days, and now the sun sets nearer 4 o'clock... :cry: What has been interesting is the 'red sky mornings' (pic attached) which according to the rhyme predicts bad news for shepherds, not sure what it really means but it isn't a frequent sight.

Nighttime has been quite nice in that the wind seems to blow away the clouds allowing for clear skies. And it blows away any flies which made a recent resurgence. But spiders like to ride the wind so they've been popping indoors where it's warmer..

Temperature wise it's been surprisingly mild, even with the wind. Except for Friday which dipped to 8C - it felt much colder - the other days were much more bearable at ~ 13C , i understand parts of Europe had a chance to enjoy it.

Attached is the forecast for the week ahead, and the last week was no different.. soooo :thdown: that said, it seems to reflect current events.

Attachments

• Shep herds D-Lite.jpg
    Shep herds D-Lite.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 183
  • 2 weeks of this.jpg
    2 weeks of this.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 180
I don't think anybody posted here about the recent tornado in California. I have never heard of a tornado in California, although this link reports that they do happen. I was sitting with an open balcony door, and probably have just written a post for the forum, when this crazy wind went gushing by. It was quite intense. Some branches fell, a tree was toppled nearby by the road. Next day I learned the news. I am about 130 miles north of the tornado location. No injuries, it seems.

http://www.weather.com/storms/tornado/news/denair-california-possible-tornado-damage

We had another windstorm and rain today. We lost power for a few minutes and then I went to work. Just got home and there are trees and branches everywhere. The neighbour next door had one of his trees come down into his yard. Luckily the wind blew it to the side and not onto his house. There are still about 47,000 people without power. The forecasters are saying buckle your seatbelts because the full effects of el nino have barely started.

Regulattor said:
naorma said:
Vienna, Austria.

We have here very warm weather, about 20° C, which is very unusual.

In my garden I have red strawberries and a lot of strawberry- blossoms - for the second time in this year. Normally they are finished in June.
It was one of the hottest summers. Bellflowers that normally are flourishing once a year were blooming three times.

Same here, Zagreb (Croatia) unusually warm weather reaching and exceeding 20C, continues now for the full two weeks. Few all time highs were set on some places reaching over 27C (81F). November is here usually gray, foggy, dump and cold, but for the last few weeks it's sunny and unusually stable. The weather forecast is calling for the light drop in temperatures for the rest of the week, but still it will be well above average, and with rising trend again next week. If it stays this way this could be the hottest November on record. Summer extended well into second part of Autumn.

This all reminds me of the Art Bell's and Whitley Strieber's book "The coming of the global superstorm" when New York experienced Summer around Christmas and after that everything went big white.

It seems that this unusual period of nice, warm (very unusually warm) weather in region is about to end. And change will be quite dramatic, according today's forecast. Alps and surrounding may receive more then 1 meter of snow in very short period. Quite a sudden change and nice intro into upcoming Winter here.

Attachments

• snijeg11-15.png
    snijeg11-15.png
    592.6 KB · Views: 137
It has not stopped raining here (Glasgow, Scotland) since the 7th of November, that's 12 days of rain pretty much all day and night. I'm so grateful for my waterproofs!

From yesterday evening a strong south wind is blowing in Macedonia. The whole November was clear without clouds or rain, with pretty high temperatures for that part of the year.
Today windy and heavy clouds. Heavy rain is forecast for tomorrow and from Monday a hard temperature drop.

Here in the Northern Rivers of NSW it has been hot with mid to high thirties for the last 4 days, we finally had a break around 5pm when the cool wind started and took the humidity out, such a blessing!

Tomorrow is forecast rain and 25*, much more civilised.

Konstantin said:
From yesterday evening a strong south wind is blowing in Macedonia. The whole November was clear without clouds or rain, with pretty high temperatures for that part of the year.
Today windy and heavy clouds. Heavy rain is forecast for tomorrow and from Monday a hard temperature drop.

Our drop on the UK NW coast was predicted for today and by gosh the weather reports were actually spot on for once. Today has been no higher than 3-4C from a comfortable 13C and you felt it with a high humidity of 92% but thankfully the week ++ of gale force winds seems to have stopped. I think the last we had of it was maybe last night (Friday) but today started out beautifully bright and clear, ice cold though.

lainey said:
It has not stopped raining here (Glasgow, Scotland) since the 7th of November, that's 12 days of rain pretty much all day and night. I'm so grateful for my waterproofs!

In England, the rain seems to have stopped, if only for the next few days - even though the forecast IS saying 40~% of showers, it didn't.
But it is now icey cold, apparently winds from the north.

There was snow yesterday for some parts of England, i think Scotland started much earlier. I found this tweet apt, because I’ve seen double rainbows but generally rainbows all over the place recently. And there many reports on social media about bursts of snow all over (i suspect) higher altitude areas of England, but it didn't stick because it had been warmer the days previous.

PAUL KINGSTON ‏@PaulKingstonNNP 19h19 hours ago

Today I was out in ALL weathers, heres a selection images I took from the North Pennines #Cumbria #Teesdale #uksnow
CUSTuFxWwAA6a5t.jpg

CUSTvNpWEAA9fcc.jpg

CUSTvOIWUAAhY-n.jpg

CUSTvOLWoAAyb9d.jpg

We had the biggest thunderstorm I've ever experienced in Auckland last night. We get very few in NZ, they don't stay around for long and are very milld. This one went on for half an hour ripping the sky apart. It was as good as any I experienced during my time living in Australia and they have some real whoppers. Apparently there were thousands of strikes all over the city. Wouldn't mind if we got them like that all the time. :)

Winter Storm Bella is packing a punch in south central Michigan, USA. We've piled up 8 inches of wet, heavy snow. Winds are brisk and will bring in a blast of frigid cold air, well under the freezing mark. But by Thanksgiving Thursday, temps back up in the 50's F and maybe some rain. Talk about extremes!

It was a white-knuckled drive coming home from work. Then arrived to see boulders of snow in front of my driveway from the street plow. Blah....gonna be a long, winter. Makes me really miss the desert!!

Nov 21, 2025Near Montréal: we are presently 30 km north, and the weather is outlandishly warn for the season? This time last year we had snow, and today we were cleaning a yard, picking up leaves and stuff in our shirts, and t-shirts. THE PAST FEW DAYS have been cloudy and sunny on and off for a few hours at a time, on the edge of the Saint-Laurent River where it seems that the wind is always busy these days.

I wish I had taken a picture, but I saw a beautiful halo around the moon Saturday evening in the south of England - these supposedly herald rain as they are caused by high thin cirrus clouds? But we haven't had rain so perhaps was caused by ice crystals.

Back
Top Bottom