What's the weather where you are?

MusicMan said:
Yesterday afternoon (Monday November 1st), my wife and I were driving in Shellharbour, which is a suburb just south of Wollongong in New South Wales. I looked out over the ocean and could see a storm not far away. This area is prone to waterspouts, and it looked as if a waterspout was in the process of dispersing.
I mentioned to my wife that if it came ashore it would be like a mini tornado.

Later on in the news, we saw that there had been several houses severely damaged in Wollongong by a freak storm, with lots of lightning, hail and strong winds.
Where we were in Shellharbour there was only a light sprinkle of rain.

This morning my daughter rang us from Canberra, and she reported that there had been an amazing storm there with lots of lightning, and heavy rain.
We were heading back there, so we left a bit earlier so that we would not be caught in the weather while going up the escarpment, which is tricky even when it's dry.
So we got home without incident, and I checked the rain gauge, and there was 25 ml of rain, which is about an inch in the old measure (that's a lot for this area).

Sorry I don't have a link, but the TV footage was quite freaky.

:halo:
Published on Nov 1, 2015

Late afternoon, 1 November 2015, this almost cyclonic storm came out of nowhere over the Illawarra Escarpment, Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia.

I was at the Level 1 Bar at the Harbourfront Restaurant when it struck. I was lucky to have my video camera with me.

It's always handy to have a camera with you as you wander about, as you never know what you are going to film.....

https://youtu.be/RYZTe4VzAa0

Yesterday early in the morning my wife waked me up saying its an earthquake. I jumped out of the bed and i looked at the chandelier, but it was still.
I know that i felt some strange sound and shaking just a moments before my wife waked me up but the chandelier was still. It was not moving. And it moves under a smalest vibration because its hanging on the ceiling.
I told her that it was probably something else, not a earthquake. and we continue with morning activities.
Few hours later i checked the internet i it was a earthquake at that time in Albania.

_http://www.emsc-csem.org/Earthquake/earthquake.php?id=467650

so the whole western part of Macedonia felt it, except me :)

Later i saw that the whole area of Balkan Peninsula had smaller tremors. From Slovenia to Croatia and lot of small ones in Albania.

Characteristic thing for all of them is that all of them are pretty shallow, from 2 to 15 Km Depth.

Earth is really opening up

Prolonged indie summer here in Split, Dalmatia - if only during the daylight - so i'm having a dip in Adriatic on a regular basis (every day). Feels like late spring this start of October...

:boat:

Today has been particularly foggy for the British Isles. No rain or much wind and a comfortable Autumn temp at around 14C.

Seems the fog caught peoples attention. I'm hoping for a brighter day tomorrow as the Sun was no where to be seen today. :cry:
Stranded! #LondonFog leads to canceled flights, disgruntled commuters (PHOTOS)
https://www.rt.com/uk/320508-london-fog-heathrow-cancellations/

56376781c4618846618b4616.jpg

Fog Map (apparently it was foggy around many parts of Europe)

12208834_1920565158169139_6194029533244819167_n.jpg

From FB:
Lesley Cox‎UK Weather Systems

Still very foggy in Southampton.
12195965_1110227145654950_1363401740371485700_n.jpg

Video of a flight attempting to land

'AMHQ

Fog SO EPIC it hid an entire plane! — at London Heathrow Airport - LHR.

https://www.facebook.com/AMHQonTWC/videos/1150442551652907/
Last image attached is from my window about 10:45am

Attachments

• 2015-11-02 10.45.18.jpg
    2015-11-02 10.45.18.jpg
    962.3 KB · Views: 186
The Netherlands is enjoying an Indian summer for more than a week now, with very high temperatures (15-19 C) for this time of year and a new all time record high of 20.9 C on today November 3, 2015:

_http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2015/11/tuesday-is-the-warmest-november-3-on-record/

Palinurus said:
The Netherlands is enjoying an Indian summer for more than a week now, with very high temperatures (15-19 C) for this time of year and a new all time record high of 20.9 C on today November 3, 2015:

_http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2015/11/tuesday-is-the-warmest-november-3-on-record/

But up North it was chilly and very foggy for about 5 or 6 days and no wind! I thought this was highly exceptional. This afternoon the fog finally cleared and the world looks so much better now. :)

itellsya said:
Seems the fog caught peoples attention. I'm hoping for a brighter day tomorrow as the Sun was no where to be seen today. :cry:

Yeah, still no Sun. Heavy clouds and medium fog ALL day. And the humidity meant it felt chilly on the skin even with no wind.

Central Croatia, Zagreb and its neighbourhood - First frost this season, yesterday and today morning. Temperature well bellow 0°C even at 9AM. Lot of fog in the morning, but sunny and cloudless throughout the rest of the day. Clear skies during the night which results in chilliness in the morning. Preparing for real winter. :)

itellsya said:
itellsya said:

Yeah, still no Sun. Heavy clouds and medium fog ALL day. And the humidity meant it felt chilly on the skin even with no wind.
Still very foggy here in North Yorkshire we'll see if it clears today.

Vienna, Austria.

We have here very warm weather, about 20° C, which is very unusual.

In my garden I have red strawberries and a lot of strawberry- blossoms - for the second time in this year. Normally they are finished in June.
It was one of the hottest summers. Bellflowers that normally are flourishing once a year were blooming three times.

naorma said:
Vienna, Austria.

In my garden I have red strawberries and a lot of strawberry- blossoms - for the second time in this year. Normally they are finished in June.
It was one of the hottest summers. Bellflowers that normally are flourishing once a year were blooming three times.

Same here, Zagreb (Croatia) unusually warm weather reaching and exceeding 20C, continues now for the full two weeks. Few all time highs were set on some places reaching over 27C (81F). November is here usually gray, foggy, dump and cold, but for the last few weeks it's sunny and unusually stable. The weather forecast is calling for the light drop in temperatures for the rest of the week, but still it will be well above average, and with rising trend again next week. If it stays this way this could be the hottest November on record. Summer extended well into second part of Autumn.

This all reminds me of the Art Bell's and Whitley Strieber's book "The coming of the global superstorm" when New York experienced Summer around Christmas and after that everything went big white.

Eastern NC, USA:
After a lot of rain and unusual warmth for November, we now have clear skies and crisp weather. So nice to see some stars at night. Still a lot of standing water. Creeks and rivers are very high. This year is unusual for a poor color display with fall leaves.

The weather here is so warm for this time of year. I can't remember it been like this before in my
Lifetime it does feel strange.

Regulattor said:
naorma said:
Vienna, Austria.

Same here, Zagreb (Croatia) unusually warm weather reaching and exceeding 20C, continues now for the full two weeks. Few all time highs were set on some places reaching over 27C (81F). November is here usually gray, foggy, dump and cold, but for the last few weeks it's sunny and unusually stable. The weather forecast is calling for the light drop in temperatures for the rest of the week, but still it will be well above average, and with rising trend again next week. If it stays this way this could be the hottest November on record. Summer extended well into second part of Autumn.

This all reminds me of the Art Bell's and Whitley Strieber's book "The coming of the global superstorm" when New York experienced Summer around Christmas and after that everything went big white.

Belgrade, Serbia, the same as Zagreb and Vienna. Really beautiful days. Feels like 'the last best days' :)

Avala said:
Regulattor said:
naorma said:
Vienna, Austria.

Belgrade, Serbia, the same as Zagreb and Vienna. Really beautiful days. Feels like 'the last best days' :)

Same here in Macedonia. We still haven use heating at full power. Just a little before dark. Clear sky, sunny.Its unusual for this part of the year.

Back
Top Bottom