What's the weather where you are?

After several days of +30 degrees Celsius in Northeastern Spain, the temperature dropped two days ago to +9 degrees in the morning. From scorching hot to a very cool breeze, now there is rain in the forecast.

ABC 15 Arizona
Weekend heatwave brings memories of the day it was too hot to fly at Sky Harbor Airport- Video
4:18 PM, Jun 16, 2016
http://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/central-phoenix/weekend-heatwave-brings-memories-of-the-day-it-was-too-hot-to-fly-at-sky-harbor
KNXV%20Sky%20Harbor%20airport_1432054911962_18484553_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

PHOENIX - With record heat in the forecast, pilots and passengers are remembering back to that 122-degree day in 1990 when it was so hot that jets couldn't take off from Sky Harbor International Airport.

Some often wonder if it could happen again. The answer, according to American Airlines, is
“yes and no.”

Airplanes don’t perform as well in thin air and air gets thinner when temperatures rise. The hotter the temperatures, the longer an airplane will spend on the runway trying to get up to takeoff speed.

Pilots know exactly how much runway they need for takeoff thanks to detailed performance charts. In 1990, none of those charts went above 120 degrees.

"You could extrapolate and you could guess. [But] we don't fly passengers around on guesswork,” said Jim Tilmon, an aviation expert and former American Airlines pilot.
“Nobody had thought of taking off when the temperature was 120-some degrees.”
American Airlines told ABC15 that all the performance charts for large jets have long-since been updated for higher temperatures and the airline has no worries about delays for those scheduled flights. However, not all small regional aircraft have updated charts.

“If the temperatures rise to the extent that it would inhibit our calculations of weight and thrust for ‘lift’ accurately, then we cannot take off, so we may proactively delay some departures until the air temperature reduces,” said John Daley, American Airlines managing director at Phoenix Sky Harbor, in an email.

Tilmon said airplanes will still fly in extreme heat, but to do so without accurate data is not only unsafe – it’s illegal.

“You didn't want to pretend you had the right numbers and you didn't. That's called guesswork and that's called an accident...and yes, illegal,” said Tilmon.

Tilmon has a cautionary tale from many years ago when the airline industry wasn't quite as careful calculating hot weather. A discrepancy between the temperature at the tower and the temperature on the runway caused him a dicey takeoff on a hot day in Tucson.
“I'm looking down at the end of the runway and it was coming up pretty damn fast,” said Tilmon, adding that his flight crew had to turn off the air conditioning system mid-runway to find the extra power needed to get the wheels off the ground. “It was said that we made a rooster tail across the desert that we were so low.”

Copyright 2016 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

And the weather in the Sky

ABC 15 Arizona
LISTEN: Valley residents call 911 after meteor
2:26 PM, Jun 15, 2016
http://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/central-phoenix/listen-valley-residents-call-911-after-meteor
Remember that asteroid that shook up the Valley a few weeks ago? {1}

Police have released some of the 911 calls that came in when the huge ball of light flew across the sky.

One woman delivering papers early in the morning called in and told a dispatcher that what she saw
"wasn't like a falling star" but was instead like "a big fireball"
"It was very strange,"
she said. She wasn't the only one who was unsure if her eyes were deceiving her!

Another caller told a dispatcher that he saw
"a flare go up in the air"
and wanted to make sure no one was injured. Fortunately, the dispatcher had heard of a few other calls and told him it was likely a meteor.

"Oh my God," the caller said. "I've never seen one. That was quite bright and interesting."

But quickly, hundreds more calls started coming in to 911. A dispatcher apologized for the wait time on the emergency line because so many people were reporting the light, and even explosions and shaking.

Some callers requested officers to check out their property and a firefighter called in to report what sounded like a gas main blow. The firefighter says what he heard was "much louder than fireworks" and even though they sounded far away from his location, he said they were "extremely loud".

Multiple Home Cam Catches Jun 3, 2016
{1}-http://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/central-phoenix/what-was-that-bright-light-streaks-across-sky

Laura said:
South Central France: more days of lots of rain and 11.5 C this morning. That's about 53 F. In short, winter weather in Florida.

Summer isn't a'cummin'in. It's like a protracted March for four months.

The same here in Southern Bavaria. Much rain during the last days and 9,7 C this morning (49.5 F). April weather still ongoing.

On 27th June is Seven Sleepers' Day. They say around here that the weather of that day (or around that day) stays 7 weeks. Could be interesting - April coldness and changeable weather the whole summer...

Hong Kong, and its really hot and humid now - 30+C and rain intermittently. Hence its hotter much earlier in the year. Total rainfall still unusually high for the year; soon the tropical storm season will begin, and I'm curious what more surprises the weather will bring...

Today temperatures in Macedonia. Like in the oven. And the sky is foggy. I listened one meteorologist on one tv , and he said that the sky is foggy because of the dust particles that is brought over the Balkan from the British isles.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 115
Konstantin said:
A heat wave in Macedonia since yesterday. Today's temperatures are from 35 to 40 C , and its very hot outside in the sun. After a pretty chilly weather all the time, now dramatic temperature increase in just 24 hours. Its a shock for the body.

I heard that there was a stream of blasting hot air and dust sweeping over the Adriatic from Africa.

13 C this morning. Spells of sun intermittent with wind and rain. Lots of black clouds piling up and sweeping over. Still only 20-22 right now and this is supposed to be the hottest part of the day.

Laura said:
Konstantin said:
A heat wave in Macedonia since yesterday. Today's temperatures are from 35 to 40 C , and its very hot outside in the sun. After a pretty chilly weather all the time, now dramatic temperature increase in just 24 hours. Its a shock for the body.

I heard that there was a stream of blasting hot air and dust sweeping over the Adriatic from Africa.

13 C this morning. Spells of sun intermittent with wind and rain. Lots of black clouds piling up and sweeping over. Still only 20-22 right now and this is supposed to be the hottest part of the day.

It's around 20 C here too. After about two weeks of anomalous heat here in Siberia (not as severe as Konstantin describes above, but still very hot), we are finally having some rain. I just hope that we are not going to have a long rainy pattern instead, but we'll see.

We had rainy days for couple of weeks with some sunshine, warmish west of Ukraine: When clouds obscured the sun the wind suddenly felt chilling and unpleasantly cold on wet skin[running shirtless]. Erratic rain 'ambushes' stopped now and temps are steadily climbing up toward sweltering heat, but not there yet. TG!

Weather in Croatia is highly variable, after heavy rains, flooding, lightning - lit up the sun, again forecasting rain for tomorrow.

web_analiza.jpg

Laura said:

Yes, the Balkans is currently the hottest part of Europe. Yesterday not only it was very hot in Serbia, but the wind was also very hot. And I had to work in the meadow (hay collecting) all day long. I don't know how I survived.

Today was also warm, but at least the wind was colder so it was much more bearable to work outside. After many days of rain we finally have sunny days so entire village is busy working on the fields.

Today temperatures are about 10 C lower in Macedonia . The max is about 30 C. After more then 40C on Saturday this is really chilling.
On Sunday i was free from job and i and my familly decided to go little in the mountains to one beautiful place so we can chill out a little .One close friends come with us also. We climbed up to 1200 m with the car by the road and find a beautiful place with water spring near. It was in the morning.It wasn't so hot on Sunday and the weather was cloudy.
So after a few hours around 2pm it became very cloudy and very strong cold wind start to blow and a cold rain . It was freezing.We were all with summer t-shirts. Thanks god that we have some blankets in the car so we must cover ourselves with them, collect all the things and get back in the cars and drive home.
In the evening it was also rainy and much colder in the town also.
The weather is changing so fast from one extreme to another that its unbelievable .

Reports from Serbia: a supercell, huge hail, and a tornado (no damage reported from that, as of right now) - less than a few hours ago.

Severe Weather Europe
18 mins · Ljubljana, Slovenia ·

TORNADO over Pančevo, Serbia! WOW! AMAZING view of the Pančevo, Serbia tornadic supercell - look at the massive wall cloud with the tornado underneath it! WOW! Amazing video! Source: IdoInfo.hu -

Pancevo razorni tornado "Aleksandar Vučić"

https://youtu.be/Rtc1rKwnGbI

Another VIDEO of the Tornado
https://www.facebook.com/severeweatherEU/videos/1828120927411000/
https://www.facebook.com/severeweatherEU/posts/1828130460743380 said:
The tornado
13434946_1828134067409686_5808254911747155251_n.png

13445767_1721290918134437_4718701408952054593_n.jpg

The Hail

13512125_1828129927410100_7111608508165155526_n.jpg

13427932_1828129930743433_60968467090172245_n.jpg

In the States......................
Montana Shelf Cloud Timelapse - 18 June, 2016
Published on Jun 19, 2016

https://youtu.be/kHTu5uOMiQM
1hr and 40mins of rear camera footage condensed into a 4 minute clip. Storm motion that day was 50 miles per hour.
Filmed along highway 2 in north eastern Montana

Wichita Kansas Flooded Out Roads - 6/18/2016
Published on Jun 18, 2016

https://youtu.be/BY0DVkZUKdw
Heavy rain fell Saturday evening in Wichita, Kansas creating street flooding which stalled out motorists.
Shot Description

6-19-16 Childress, TX Early AM Lightning

https://youtu.be/1WDUvjcV5F8

This picture below sums up of one of the best days within the month of June that we've had here.

Temps today were about 23'C- or 75'F.

Though we continue to see lots dark clouds as well. It usually starts out to be a sunny morning (over the last few weeks) but by 1100 or 1300, hours the clouds roll in and the temps take dramatic drop.

Just keep taking cold showers and it does help acclimate the body's ability to the sudden drops to lower temps and the moody blues with the rain also.

1133px-Pyr%C3%A9n%C3%A9es_Projet.jpg

La chaîne des Pyrénées vue depuis la plaine de Tarbes.​

Back
Top Bottom