What's the weather where you are?

It's been raining three days and cool here in Southern France.

Laura said:
It's been raining three days and cool here in Southern France.

The same weather here in Belgium.
The person giving the weather report, said this morning that this is the coldest month of July in about 30 years.

Yesterday we had chilling 11 degrees Celsius in Austria -- rain, wind, clouds. And even snow in some places, see pics here:

http://de.sott.net/articles/show/2617-Wintergrue-im-Juli-20-cm-Neuschnee-in-hoheren-Lagen

zlyja said:
In Southern California, it's been ranging from 70-90F in the day and 50-70F in the night the past month. I think it's been a bit cooler than usual, because I recall massive heatwaves in July and summer in general, and I only remember one happening recently. Then again, my family uses the air conditioning so much that a little 90F heat is appreciated in my book!

I'm in Northern California and the weather has been a little bit of a roller coaster in my opinion depending on which Pacific ocean pressure system was coming our way.
Overall, it just seems colder and more windy. We also had a long cold, wet winter and spring.

This is a compilation of data from the past week (from 14 to 19 July) but the weather still quite similar with maximum temperatures of 25 to 27 degrees and minimum 20 degrees Celsius. The overcast sky will continue until Thursday this week (especially at night)

Details: Meteocat - Meteorological Service of Catalonia

Showers in the afternoon and temperatures in the central coast that had not been re-recorded in July in Barcelona for the last seven years.
The largest rainfall have affected the sector's central coast, where they have come to accumulate up to 73.4 mm in Badalona.

The passage of a disturbance over the last morning has increased many clouds, showers and storms have left heavy on the coast, the pre-coastal and the northern third of the country. Rainfall has begun in the northern half of the coast of Tarragona after midnight, and have recently moved towards the central sector of the pre-coastal and coastal showers which have fallen more intense and abundant. While some storms have also entered the north-west of the country who have moved to the northeast, where the early morning there fell the last rainfall.

Early morning showers have declined to disappear, so the Meteorological Service of Catalonia has closed the Legal Status of Meteorological risk (SMR) for intense rain. Anyway this afternoon showers expected new more dispersed and less prominent in parts of north-east.

The forecast for the next few days indicates that until Thursday the weather conditions will be marked by stability. Friday is expected passage of a new frontal system will bring more precipitation in Catalonia.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

After a week of 99-102 degrees we had an afternoon of serious storms. Today the weather seems to be more reasonable for this time of year- about 90 degrees. I live in Pennsylvania.

Jerry said:
Oppressive heat in NYC for many days. We've had 100+ temps.

Ugh, I hate seeing the "air quality warnings" when the heat is so high. Not that the air quality isn't constantly abysmal in NYC, but it ruins the sporadic rainfalls which have been cooling things down a bit. I can only think of sewage and toxic water. Not as refreshing as it should be.

Hope your staying healthy and shaded, Jerry! We've been fighting to keep our immune systems gunning with extra Vit.C Powder. I can feel my body working overtime.

Extreme really IS the new normal!

I no longer live in the Pacific Northwest region of the U.S., but I still keep an eye on the weather there simply to keep an eye on the weather there as things weatherwise are becoming rather intense/strange around the world. Since no one has reported about that area, I wanted to say that in the northwestern Washington state area, things are a bit chilly there all through winter (much more snow than usual), spring and summer. It hasn't gotten above the low 70's there during the day so far this summer with the usual "lots of rain."

So it is very cool there for this time of year. We used to have at least a few days of 80F or above, even the 90s. But not so far this year.

Very hot and dry in the Houston, Texas area. Highs in the upper 90's with slight chances of rain, humidity near 80%.

It's still bloody hot here on the central plains US. Highs 95-100+ F Lows 75-80. Little or no breeze. The forecast a week out doesn't show much improvement.

We usually use the air conditioning about 10 days a year. If the temp drops below 70 at night I like open windows when I sleep. We are likely nearer 20 days of AC so far this summer. I sure our electric bill for July will be a shocker. :O

Mac

The weather here has been all over the place in central Wisconsin.

Last week on Tuesday we got 3 inches in rain in under an hour. Basically unheard of for this area. This caused the sewer drain to backup and flood my basement with about 4-5 inches of water. I'm only now finished with the cleaning, remediation and repairs. It was quite the mess!

During the cleanup process the weather has oscillated widely from heat advisory temperatures in the upper nineties to recently down to the sixties and rainy. It's been very rainy for the July season here. Usually this time of year the grass is starting to turn brown from the heat and lack of rain, but not so this year.

At my parents place near Cannes, France. Weather is several degrees cooler than average this time of year which seldom has rain more than a few minuttes at a time, these days it's raining all day. I don't recall having to take sweaters on in the early evening before, save for wintertime.

RyanX said:
The weather here has been all over the place in central Wisconsin.

Last week on Tuesday we got 3 inches in rain in under an hour. Basically unheard of for this area. This caused the sewer drain to backup and flood my basement with about 4-5 inches of water. I'm only now finished with the cleaning, remediation and repairs. It was quite the mess!

During the cleanup process the weather has oscillated widely from heat advisory temperatures in the upper nineties to recently down to the sixties and rainy. It's been very rainy for the July season here. Usually this time of year the grass is starting to turn brown from the heat and lack of rain, but not so this year.

Sorry to hear about your flooding, what a drag!

Isn't it strange? I'm in S.Central WI, and we've been crying for rain... our grass WAS turning brown. We finally got rain this past weekend, and getting more today. (relief!) Seems like the folks north of here have gotten some real soakers, and more frequently, than here.
A Madison forecaster was just saying this morning that our July temps have been 5+ degrees above average. I recall that our Spring temps were at least that many degrees below average.
Don't remember having ANY days in the 90's the past few summers, yet this summer we came close to breaking/tying a few heat records. In fact, the last couple of Julys were so cool and rainy that I remember gardeners, myself included, were having lots of trouble with late blight in tomatoes and potatoes. (so far so good this year)

Just one more thing I'd like to note, that the two storms we got rain from earlier this summer were accompanied by straight line winds in excess of 75 mph and weren't just leading the front, they were sustained for 15 to 20 minutes after the front passed by, which seemed kind of unusual.

After a summer of relentlessly hellish heat, we woke in north Texas to temp of 70, with highs no more than 85 for the rest of the week. It has been over 100 for more than 3 months, with more than 60 days over 110, with exceptional drought conditions. Probably 20% of the trees in town have died this summer, many despite being watered. The wildlife is very stressed; there are no bugs for the birds that eat them, I have a large flock at the feeder every day. Had a tarantula in the yard a month ago. Do not ever remember a year with no mosquitoes like this. Not even collecting bugs in the lights outside. Everything is coming into town in search of food and water. The forest service say they see no fawns this year. And we have watched all summer as semis loaded with hay from Montana have come in to keep going those few ranchers with good deep water wells who kept breeding stock. If the La Nina does not convert to El Nino (only 50% chance) this winter, we will go into next year with these same conditions. We have had only 3.9 inches of rain this year, our reservoirs are only half full. Texas is historically the biggest producer of steers in the nation. Selling off their herds this year because they could not keep them fed and watered has kept beef prices artificially low. Prices will rise dramatically next year because of the loss of the herds. If there is no rain this winter, allowing for herds to be rebuilt, beef will be astronomically priced. Get a freezer and stock up while you can.

Back
Top Bottom