What's the weather where you are?

There was this on Sott: Drought in Norway causes over $133 million in crop losses - Lowest rainfall in 70 years on Sott.
Just South of Norway in Denmark, there is an expectation that this years harvest will be the lowest in 50 years and 35 % less than average over the preceding 10 years. The estimate is based on 69 % of the harvest being completed, and usually there is 0-5 % deviation from the estimate made on this basis. Sun and dry weather is still prevalent, although some parts received 35 mm at the end of July.

Reactions: Ca.
Temp's have dropped significantly (in the last 24 hrs), here in the valley. With cool fog and sound's of occasional distant thunder.
With it being in mid 90's (36*C) yesterday. And now 19*C and a very light drizzle.

We (me and the cat), may see a spectacular lighting show this evening.

Translated from French by Microsoft
#orages local Forts burst in #Pyrénées, seen here from the webcam #PicduMidi, while the valleys are still under the gray

It's getting ready to storm here in SW France. We had a week of real summer and maybe, after a few days of storms and such, we might get another dose of warm weather.

Here In Québec, we have a very hot summer and so far we had more than 3 heatwaves. It is one of the hottest since 2003.

With the so-called "return to normal weather" here in SW France, after the storms two days ago (we only got moderate rain here though flooding North and SE of us), it is now 14 C/ 58 F this morning. It was 15 C/ 59 F yesterday morning. No, that is not normal. Yesterday's high was about 27 C/ 81 F, and it may go a bit higher today as it continues to warm up, but it's just not normal. Now, I'm not saying I don't like it somewhat because I'm not crazy about too much heat, but having a week long spell of decent heat just wasn't a "heat wave" to my way of thinking.

Actually, pretty nice. :cool2:
2db639be5789d61fbefc7fe2ccd15d02.png

Edit Add Extended Forecast:
a7586b5aecac2c532b5036e18c6662e8.png

WeatherNation - Weather. It's What We Do.

In Scandinavia, the unusual dry and warm weather in many areas that began in early May has come to an end. Rain has arrived, only Oslo (Norway) still has a warning about the risk of forest fires. Today max temperatures will range between 12 degrees in Tromsoe (Tromsø) in northern Norway and 19 degrees in Copenhagen (Denmark). Next week should see slightly higher temperatures in the south but colder in the north. Late summer, with tastes of autumn has arrived, and we appear to be back to what we are used to.

Yesterday, Sunday the 12th in Hermosillo,Sonora, a rain fell for 3 hours, refreshing the atmosphere a bit, but only a few hours.

Today 8 at night we are at 28°C, and forecast more rains, hopefully the forecast will be fulfilled.

Last month or so I noticed rain has been weird here in Massachusetts. It is really sporadic, often over a small area, and lasts for a short time, like someone keeps turning a shower on and off. In just the last few weeks I had rain randomly start on me while having a cigarette outside, and sometimes stop before I finish it. I also saw rain while the sun is out multiple times in the last few weeks - this used to be a rare treat, but not so much lately, where a small but intense storm cloud doesn't cover the sun, with an intense downpour in with total sunlight, it's kinda surreal.

All weather apps have also been utterly failing me, even Dark Sky which used to be known for its hyper-precision down to the minute because it's using real time satellite data over your GPS location. Now it often says "no rain" for the day while it's pouring, and vice versa! Weather apps are useless now!

Today August 23 at 3.10 in the afternoon there is a heavy rain falling with hail and strong winds in Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico.
At 45 minutes of all that, a strong electrical storm was added. I hope it refreshes for, at least all night.

I'm up early - moon woke me up. And guess what? It's 12 C /54 F right now. This is the 25th of August and we have only had a couple of weeks of real summer weather so far and it's already acting like autumn.

Sounds like you guys really didn’t have much of a summer. I’d have to say that the coolest weather we experienced on our trip was when we visited the Château in June, the rest of the time for the months of June and July it was very very hot in Greece, Spain and Italy- no rain and average temps were 32-35C.

Well we finally had a light sprinkle here on the coast of NSW, nothing to write home about. We need much, much more and further inland.

With a few days reprieve from wildfire smoke, we are back in it. However, it got cold again - low daytime temps and overnight recovery of moisture. It feels like frost is in the air soon. Daytime temps in the teens (c) and low twenties, if that. Overnight it goes down to 5ish c. September can be warm, so we will have to see the daytime effects, however, the days are significantly shorter - thus avg. heat potentials are much less.

As for the local fires, there are many yet they are not as vigorously active here. Fire Weather conditions - its behavior, dropped down to Rank 2 (Rank 6 being extreme). Although not a lot of rain (a few mll's) has fallen, in Northern BC is not the same with fire still more active.

It was 11 C / 52 F this morning. Didn't get over 25 C / 77 F all day. Nice sunshine and breeze, but cool.

Back
Top Bottom