What's the weather where you are?

here in California, is becoming hell on earth, northern California has a huge wild fire, today I read that they were evacuating 20, 000 people, in southern California where I live it has been very but very HOT, humidity is very strong, last night it was 87 around 10 pm, by next week seems like it will be getting a bit cooler.....

Attachments

• heatwave.jpg
    heatwave.jpg
    534.5 KB · Views: 4
A major and destructive storm hit Ireland last night, worst affected was around Co. Cork in the south. Incredible number of homes and businesses lost power. I can't remember a storm of this ferocity occurring in August in my lifetime (August?!)

It is still warm here in Alaska, especially for September. It's in the mid 60sF. The trees are still green and only now starting to yellow. It is sunny and the radiance feels intense. Still, the days are getting shorter and cooling happens faster and daytime heating shortened. We had a heavy rain yesterday, but it lasted only about a half hour at most.

I planted some carrots this year, and a dog kept walking in my garden as he was curious of my activities, and he'd step all over my rows of carrots. So I gave up. And he quit coming.

So, the weather watered my carrots, and I didn't weed the garden, but I still ended up with a bunch of carrots at the end of the season!

For the ninth time this year, the Netherlands registered a heat record.

In fact, we experienced four records wrapped into one: an absolute national heat record of 30.5° Celsius in De Bilt (since 1901); the latest tropical day in the year (previous one was 31.4° C on September 14, 2016); the hottest Budget Day ever in The Hague with 30.03° C (previously 28.7° on September 19, 1961), and also for the hottest place overall in Gilze-Rijen with a smashing 35,1° (previously in Maastricht on September 4, 1929 with 34.2° Celsius).

Full details in English:
Tuesday is the hottest Budget Day on record, with tropical temperatures in The Hague - DutchNews.nl
Latest ever 'tropical day' in NL; 30.2°C in De Bilt

In Dutch:
Niet eerder was het in september zo warm: 35,1 graden in Gilze-Rijen
ad.nl/binnenland/nooit-werd-het-zo-warm-in-september-en-beleefden-we-zo-n-late-tropische-dag~aed72e03/

Reporting not for me, but close kin. Direct hurricane hit last night in Foley, Alabama. My brother called me while in the eye of the storm this morning. Severe home damage (to a very sturdy home). He was going to try to tarp his roof before the other side of the storm hit. Spoke from a land line. Cell towers down or overloaded, no power anywhere. I'm very concerned for the flooding. Hope he can get out of there to higher ground soon, before too late. Lots of bridges and waterways in Baldwin County, probably at risk. Most everything in that storm path is going to drain through there in the coming days. Already I-10 is closed and some bridges are out in nearby Pensacola.
My thoughts: Unusual degree of trouble from a category 2 storm.

Strange weather in the north of Poland. Yesterday, I saw on the thermometer 27 degrees of Celsius; through the night sudden change in the weather and temperature get lower to the 12,5 for this moment; and all of that accompanied by the night's rainfall.

Getting ready for round TWO with an exceptionally erratic, and early seasonal cold period.

It is a very gloomy Sunday which is expected over the eastern two-thirds of France as the occlusion returns from the north, with continuous rains, sometimes moderate, under temperatures close to 8 to 12 ° C in the maximum level from Lorraine to Lyonnais.

Attachments

• IMG_1642 (2).JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 2
For the tenth time this year, the Netherlands registered a heat record.

Source (Dutch only): Weer een dagrecord: warmste 21 oktober ooit gemeten

Another day record: warmest 21 October ever measured

1 hour ago in INTERIOR

HOUTEN - Wednesday is the warmest 21 October ever measured, reports Weeronline. In De Bilt it turned 20.5 degrees [Celsius] at 16.00 hours. The previous record was 20.1 degrees, and came in 1977.

This record is already the tenth date-heat record for maximum temperature this year. The first was January 31st and the ninth was last month, on September 15th. September 21 just did not set a new record, but there was an equalization.

Elsewhere in the country, Wednesday was even warmer with 21.3 degrees in Maastricht.

The national record for this day is 22.2 degrees and was also measured in 1977.

On average, October 4 is the last day it will be 20 degrees or more in De Bilt. The last date that it came to a warm day in De Bilt was October 30, 2005 with 21.1 degrees.

The high temperatures are due to a strong southwest wind that blows warm air from the south of Europe up here.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Similar coverage: Warmste 21 oktober ooit gemeten

Here we go again ! Number eleven: New highest temperature for November 2 set before breakfast - DutchNews.nl

New highest temperature for November 2 set before breakfast

November 2, 2020

gourds-for-sale-560x388.png

Gourds for sale in the autumn sunshine - Photo: DutchNews.nl

The record for the warmest November 2 was broken before the sun even rose on Monday, according to the national weather bureau KNMI.

The temperature at the De Bilt weather station reached 17.5 degrees at 1.10am, beating the previous record set in 2014. By 7am it had risen to 18.5 degrees, making it the warmest November night ever.

The daytime record for the month of 20.3 degrees could fall later on Monday, although a cold front is forecast to sweep in over lunchtime that will bring the mercury down to 12 degrees by sunset.

Monday is the 11th day so far this year to set a new high temperature record, while not a single day has brought a new record low figure.

The KNMI is also warning of strong winds of up to force 8 in northern coastal areas and gusts of up to 75 km/h on Monday. The wind speed will drop later in the week, giving way to drier spells with patches of sunlight.

The temperature is expected to drop to a more seasonal 11 to 12 degrees and could dip as low as 2 degrees overnight, bringing the prospect of the first frosts of winter.

Similar: Warmest Nov. 2 ever measured in NL; Strong winds expected in northwest

Back
Top Bottom