Word Puns & Associations - An Exercise In Divergent Thinking

bngenoh said:
Laura said:
October 31, 1998

Q: Okay. Now. This woman with this book "The Horse of God," talks about the shadow of the horse in the Shepherds of Arcadia painting that is evident if you turn it upside down. I know that I dreamed that the painting was a map. In terms of this map, what would be the zero meridian that one would use to place the map?
A: There need not be a zero meridian.

Q: Is there any one thing... I doused the picture, and it seemed that the head of the kneeling man with the beard was the important figure. Where, on a map, would one place this head in order to have the other figures in correct alignment?
A: Best to split the image, head to head. Vertically.

Q: Split the image and put the same guy head to head to his own head?
A: Close.

Laura said:
Session 12 December 1998

Q: Now, in reference to your question to me: 'where is Arcadia,' that I need to look at this some more, I was reading in Gregory of Tours' History of the Franks, and he was recounting that the Franks who colonized along the Rhine...
A: Arcadia is a crossroads for the one Essene, the Aryan one of Trent.

Trent:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/trent?s=t said:
3. A river in central England, flowing NE from Staffordshire to the Humber. 170 miles (275 km) long.

300px-Nicolas_Poussin_052.jpg

River_Trent.png

If you look at the 4 people, their legs seem to match vertical Trent river system paths and the arms up by the heads seem to match horizontal Trent paths. The pointed to tomb with the bearded face and rearing horse would then be south of Derby. Derby is south of the Peak District highlands.

From Iliad Book II
And those that held Arcadia, under the high mountain of Cyllene, near the tomb of Aepytus, where the people fight hand to hand; the men of Pheneus also, and Orchomenus rich in flocks...

From http://cassiopaea.org/cass/Laura-Knight-Jadczyk/article-lkj-04-03-06-h.htm

Phrygia is the second frontier of the Troad mentioned by Homer and he describes it as an "upland." We can look for the etymology of the word Phrygia in both the name of the Norse goddess Freya, and the name Phrixos, the brother of Helle. The name of the kingdom of their father was Orchomenus and there is, in fact, a place in west Scotland called Orchy, and on the north of Scotland there are the Orkney Islands, the archaic spelling of which is Orcheny. In the Orkneys, there is a town named Aith, the same as the name of Agamemnon's horse. Following the principles of etymology, we even find the name of King Athamos preserved: Atham > Ethem > Eden> Edin > Edinburgh.

Perhaps "Orchomenus" made its way south from Phrygia to the Trent River system too.

derbyshire-caves.gif

The closest hill to Derby with caves (since Hermes supposedly hung out in a cave of Cyllene) is the coincidently named "Heights of Abraham" which is labeled 6 above and is 18 miles from Derby.

There are sheep in Derbyshire:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derbyshire_Gritstone

The Derbyshire Gritstone is a breed of domestic sheep native to the United Kingdom. A hardy hill sheep, it is also one of the oldest British breeds. The Gritstone is generally found around Derbyshire, Cheshire, Yorkshire, and Lancashire. They are large, polled sheep with black and white faces.[3] The Gritstone has a finer fleece than most hill breeds, but is still kept primarily for meat production.

Laura said:
Secret History of the World said:
Sargon is known almost entirely from the legends and tales that followed his reputation through 2000 years of cuneiform Mesopotamian history, and not from any documents that were written during his lifetime. The lack of contemporary record is explained by the fact that the capital city of Agade, (note the homophonic similarity to Arcadia) which he built, has never been located and excavated. It was destroyed at the end of the dynasty that Sargon founded and was never again inhabited, at least under the name of Agade.

According to a folktale, Sargon was a self-made man of humble origins; a gardener (think “gardens of the Hesperides”) having found him as a baby floating in a basket on the river, brought him up in his own calling. His father is unknown; his mother is said to have been a priestess in a town on the middle Euphrates. (Note all the similarities to the story of Moses as well as Perseus.)
RyanX said:
I think this post from Approaching Infinity from many years ago just recently summed up these things really well for me:

Laura, you have said that the Sephardic Jews are the 'real' Jews, and also that the Aryans are the 'real' Semites. Trying to tie the threads together, I come up with the following:

Abraham was a Hittite, and thus a 'Northern' Aryan (like Sargon). This "Abrahamic" line are the carriers of the 4D 'Trojan Horse' gene encoding. These are the Semites that 4D STS want to eliminate. Unless real 'Jews' and real 'Semites' are different classifications, then it seems that by 'mixing the bloodlines' (with the tribes that migrated to Judea during the Thera cataclysm), this group may survive in the Sephardim/Palestinians.

Then there are the 'other' Aryans, who are NOT 'real' Jews: the Ashkenazim (from the Turks/Khazars). By adopting Jewish religion and culture, they have 'evolved' in a nature described by MacDonald for intelligence, or more likely, psychopathy. Judaism is such that those with the "Perseid" bloodline (passed on via mtDNA, from unknown founding 'mothers') are stunted via first circuit programming/circumcision/etc, and those with the psychopathic bloodline breed more psychopaths and become more ponerized.

Laura said:
August 23, 2001
Q: (L) Well, we should have figured that. There's hardly been anybody else running things for the last 300 thousand years or so. Okay, going in another direction: what other names were the Danaans known by?
A: Scythians.
Q: (L) How did the Scythians get to Egypt?
A: VIA Akkad.
Q: (L) Was Sargon a Scythian?
A: Yes.

Laura said:
August 20, 2001
Q: Well, that's bizarre. Was King Scorpion of Egypt the "Joseph" of the Bible?
A: Mainly.
Q: Does that mean that Joseph was a composite story?
A: Yes.
Q: Was King Scorpion a son of Sargon the Great?
Q: Was he, as the Joseph story tells, kidnapped and sold into Egypt?
A: No.
Q: Was he sent to Egypt to have a hand in the unification of Egypt and the control system there?
Laura said:
February 2, 2003
Q: (Galahad) So, the Ark was an object created by STS. Did this amount to some sort of realization on Moses' part? Did he start to wake up?
A: Yes. The story of the "contending with the angel" was the significant turning point as well as the moment of return.
Q: (L) What was the blessing he gave to quote Esau, if giving the object to the "angel" was the event of returning the ark? What was the story there?
A: Two separate events.
Q: (L) So, he returned the ark to the so-called angel. And then, he gave something to someone else. Previously, when I asked about this, you said that what he gave to Esau was "trampled leaves of wrath, the blue apples incarnate," and remarked that I should inquire into the "core meaning."
A: And who was "Kore?"
Q: (L) Was this Abraham's daughter?
A: It was the last living member of the Perseid family.

So we have Sargon linked with Arcadia via Agade/Akkad and linked to Moses; Abraham; Jacob via Esau & Joseph; Danaans via Scythians & Perseus & Jacob with Kore; and an Aryan Essene of Trent.

Also along the Trent is Newark on Trent (New Arcadia-like) with an interesting "blue water/white skies" and other comet symbols for a coat of arms:

240px-Blason_ville_uk_Newark-on-Trent_%28Nottinghamshire%29.svg.png

Newark on Trent could be crossroads-like given:

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newark-on-Trent

It stands on the River Trent, the A1 (on the route of the ancient Great North Road), and the East Coast Main Line railway. The origins of the town are possibly Roman as it lies on an important Roman road, the Fosse Way.
Newark on Trent is in Robin Hood territory (Nottinghamshire); here's a recent rendition of Robin Hood talking about historical figures getting turned into mythical stories (a la Sargon, Abraham, Moses, Jacob, Perseus, Caesar, etc.):

Robin Hood: You are her hero, I think.
Doctor Who: I'm not a hero.
Robin Hood: Well neither am I. But if we both keep pretending to be — ha ha — perhaps others will be heroes in our name. Perhaps we will both be stories.

Doctor Who also had his Gallifreyan second city, Arcadia, start to fall via tons of comet-like Daleks in the sky firing plasma beams. The moment frozen in time as a painting known by two names.

This thread blows my mind:)

Session 12 December 1998

Q: Now, in reference to your question to me: 'where is Arcadia,' that I need to look at this some more, I was reading in Gregory of Tours' History of the Franks, and he was recounting that the Franks who colonized along the Rhine in the area about which we are seeking clues, came from an area called Pannonia. I looked up Pannonia. It is in Eastern Austria and crosses the border into Hungary. In Pannonia there are vineyards. It is a very famous grape growing and wine making area. A statement from the 4th century says: 'Pannonia is a land rich in all resources and fruits, beasts and commerce.' Pannonia is also the location of an interesting lake. The lake is called Neusiedl, or 'New Town.' This is the only 'steppe lake' in all of Europe. It is only six feet deep at it's deepest point and is a giant, shallow sweet body of water surrounded on the Eastern bank by marshlands, numerous salty ponds and pools. Apparently, this place produces a very fine environment for grapes and wine, in particular a type of wine called 'Eiswein.' This Eiswein is called 'The treasure of liquid gold.' It says here: 'the production of Eiswein remains the winemakers ultimate challenge.' Only a small amount of this wine is produced. Etomologically speaking, Pannonia is probably named after the God 'Pan,' and that derived from Sylvanus, the 'Shepherd God.' So, all in one spot, we have shepherds, a wine called liquid gold, a lake called Neusiedl, and an 'Arcadian environment.' Can you tell me if there is any particular significance to my discovery of the terms relating to this area from whence came the Franks to the Rhineland? Is this, in fact, Arcadia?

Trent leads to another snippet

July 26 1997

Q: Okay. I have several books on the subject. I will start tomorrow. Now, when the Templars were arrested, they were accused of worshipping a head, or skull, and also the god Baphomet. Were thes spurious accusations designed to defame them?

A: Skull was of pure crystal.

Q: What is the definition of the god 'Baphomet,' if they did, indeed, worship such?

A: The holder of the Trent.

June 20, 1998

Q: What was the head worshipped by the Templars that was supposed to have been called "Baphomet?"

A: Seer of the passage.

Q: What does that mean?

A: Remember, secrets of Knights Templar were kept in caves guided by eternally burning lamps.

As I remember Fulcanelli in "Dwellings" mentions about some kind of eternally shining lamps or lanterns.

About templars

July 26 1997

Q: Speaking of these tall guys, William Wallace's life was sort of symbolic, in my mind, and he was supposed to have been over 6 and a half feet tall. During the time that all that mess was going on over in Scotland with Wallace and the Bruce, the Templars were being dissolved in France...

A: Dissolved?!? We think not! They merely went "underground."

Q: Is that literally or figuratively?

A: Why not both?

Q: Well, there are Templar organizations that some Mason's claim to be in contact with.

A: And where do you suppose these are?

Q: Underground?

A: Bingo!

About Etruscan and Templar carriers

June 21, 1997

Q: Change of subject: I am tracking the clues through the various languages and alphabets. I would like to know which of these alphabets, Runic, Greek, or Etruscan, preceded the others, and from which the others are derived?

A: Etruscan. Q: Well, who were the Etruscans?

A: Templar carriers. Q: What does that mean?

A: Seek and ye shall find. Q: Well, how am I supposed to do that? I can't find anything else on the Etruscans!

A: No. Q: What do you mean 'no?' You mean there is more out there on the Etruscans?

A: Yes. Q: Okay. What are Templar carriers?

A: Penitent Avian Lords.

A: For your search. All is drawn from some more ancient form.

For etymologies and meaning in this particular case I am using:
_http://www.etymonline.com/index.php
and
_http://linguaeterna.com/vocabula/alph.php (russian-latin dictionary)

Avian is derived from latin avis
Avis has several meanings. One of them is "bird", "prophetic bird" or "omen".
Another meaning of avis is "grandparent", "ansestor".

Etymology of penitence
c.1200, from Old French penitence (11c.) and directly from Latin paenitentia "repentance," noun of condition from paenitentum (nominative paenitens) "penitent," present participle of paenitere "cause or feel regret," probably originally "is not enough, is unsatisfactory," from paene "nearby, almost"

Curious resemblance of paene & paean...
Cindy wrote:
And the is a paean, which I did not know before today also- 1590s, from L. paean "hymn of deliverance," from Gk. paian "hymn to Apollo," from Paian, a name of the god; originally the physician of the gods (in Homer), later merged with Apollo; lit. "one who touches," from paio "to touch, strike."

Zee Ley said:
About Etruscan and Templar carriers

June 21, 1997

Q: Change of subject: I am tracking the clues through the various languages and alphabets. I would like to know which of these alphabets, Runic, Greek, or Etruscan, preceded the others, and from which the others are derived?

A: Etruscan. Q: Well, who were the Etruscans?

A: Templar carriers. Q: What does that mean?

A: Seek and ye shall find. Q: Well, how am I supposed to do that? I can't find anything else on the Etruscans!

A: No. Q: What do you mean 'no?' You mean there is more out there on the Etruscans?

A: Yes. Q: Okay. What are Templar carriers?

A: Penitent Avian Lords.

A: For your search. All is drawn from some more ancient form.

For etymologies and meaning in this particular case I am using:
_http://www.etymonline.com/index.php
and
_http://linguaeterna.com/vocabula/alph.php (russian-latin dictionary)

Avian is derived from latin avis
Avis has several meanings. One of them is "bird", "prophetic bird" or "omen".
Another meaning of avis is "grandparent", "ansestor".

Etymology of penitence
c.1200, from Old French penitence (11c.) and directly from Latin paenitentia "repentance," noun of condition from paenitentum (nominative paenitens) "penitent," present participle of paenitere "cause or feel regret," probably originally "is not enough, is unsatisfactory," from paene "nearby, almost"
Abraham Abehsera made some interesting connections in his book Babel.

The Lating root of avis (AV) corresponds to Hebrewe word root AV which means father. In Chinese QiN is a word that means both bird an family links. In Hebrew QiN means birds nest. The English KiN (as in next of kin) posesses the same meaning of the Chinese QiN.

All that reminds me of the Russian Folk Tales The Language of the Birds (_http://www.gutenberg.org/files/12851/12851-h/12851-h.htm#THE LANGUAGE OF THE BIRDS) and Nightingale the Robber. The most interesting is the latter one (_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightingale_the_Robber)

Nightingale the Robber or Solovei the Brigand (Russian: Солове́й-Разбо́йник, Solovey-Razboynik), also known as Solovey Odikhmantievich (Соловей Одихмантьевич), was an epic robber from bylinas poetry of Kievan Rus'.

The bylina concerning Nightingale the Robber is also called "The First Journey of Ilya Muromets", and is one of the most popular Russian epics, having been recorded 132 times (Bailey, p. 25). This monster had partial human and bird like features, was able to fly, and lived in a nest, had a human family, and received drinks with his hands (Bailey, p. 27). He was said to live in a forest near Bryansk, and would sit in a tree by the road to Kiev and stun strangers with his powerful whistle. It is said that Nightingale the Robber would scream, "All the grasses and meadows become entangled, the azure flowers lose their petals, all the dark woods bend down to the earth, and all the people there lie dead!" (Bailey, p. 34).

According to legend, he was defeated by Ilya Muromets, who survived even though Razboynik levelled half of the surrounding forest. Nightingale the Robber was shot down with arrows to the eye and temple by Ilya Muromets, who then dragged the defeated monster to Vladimir, the prince of Kiev. Vladimir the Great wished to hear Nightingale the Robber whistle, but the creature claimed he was too wounded to whistle. Nightingale the Robber requested wine to drink so that his wounds would disappear, then he would whistle for the prince. When he whistled all of Vladimir's palaces were destroyed and many lay dead. After this, Ilya Muromets took Nightingale the Robber into an open field and cut off his head (Bailey, pp. 28–36).

Solovej.jpg

The full version: _http://www.artrusse.ca/byliny/ilya_robber.htm

Altair said:
Nightingale the Robber or Solovei the Brigand (Russian: Солове́й-Разбо́йник, Solovey-Razboynik), also known as Solovey Odikhmantievich (Соловей Одихмантьевич), was an epic robber from bylinas poetry of Kievan Rus'.

Some thoughts on "Who is Odikhmant?"

(slightly changed bing translation)

The name "Odikhmantij", "Odikhmant" in Rus is not seen anywhere else. As far as the author* is aware the Tatars (and other nationalities living on the banks of Volga river), Finno-Ugric people, the Mongols do not have anything resembling "Odikhmant". Generally assumed that this Nightingale suppose to look like a Tatar or Mongol. There is nothing similar to this name neither in the former Cuman territories, nor in the Caucasus, the South**, the Balkans.

The West what is left for a possible solution . If the Visigoths, Ostrogoths, Germans, Normans has a name "Odegmund" and similar, the obvious is to assume that the Nightingale the Robber is the son of Odegmund the warrior of some Ermanaric, Theodoric (Dietrich), Roerich by one of the campaigns mentioned in the sagas and chronicles.

*apparently the author of the post
** generalization

Source (in Russian)
_http://otvetof.org/pochemu-solovey-razboynik-odihmantev-syin.html
Имя «Одихмантий», «Одихмант» на Руси не замечено более нигде. У татар и иных поволжских, финно-угорских народов, у монголов ничего похожего на «Одихмант» автору не известно. Вообще совершенно безосновательно рисуют сего Соловья похожим на татарина или монголоида. Не известны такие имена ни у половцев, ни на Кавказе, ни на югах, ни на Балканах.

Остаётся обратиться внимательно к Западу. Если у вестготов, остготов, германцев, норманнов есть имя «Одегмунд» или ему подобное, то вполне очевидным станет предположение, что Соловей Разбойник — , порождённый сим Одегмундом, одним из воинов какого-нибудь Германариха, Теодориха (Дитриха), Рёриха вследствие одного из их походов, упомянутых в соответствующих сагах и летописях.

Zee Ley said:
Altair said:

Some thoughts on "Who is Odikhmant?"

(slightly changed bing translation)

The name "Odikhmantij", "Odikhmant" in Rus is not seen anywhere else. As far as the author* is aware the Tatars (and other nationalities living on the banks of Volga river), Finno-Ugric people, the Mongols do not have anything resembling "Odikhmant". Generally assumed that this Nightingale suppose to look like a Tatar or Mongol. There is nothing similar to this name neither in the former Cuman territories, nor in the Caucasus, the South**, the Balkans.

The West what is left for a possible solution . If the Visigoths, Ostrogoths, Germans, Normans has a name "Odegmund" and similar, the obvious is to assume that the Nightingale the Robber is the son of Odegmund the warrior of some Ermanaric, Theodoric (Dietrich), Roerich by one of the campaigns mentioned in the sagas and chronicles.

*apparently the author of the post
** generalization

Source (in Russian)
_http://otvetof.org/pochemu-solovey-razboynik-odihmantev-syin.html
Имя «Одихмантий», «Одихмант» на Руси не замечено более нигде. У татар и иных поволжских, финно-угорских народов, у монголов ничего похожего на «Одихмант» автору не известно. Вообще совершенно безосновательно рисуют сего Соловья похожим на татарина или монголоида. Не известны такие имена ни у половцев, ни на Кавказе, ни на югах, ни на Балканах.

Остаётся обратиться внимательно к Западу. Если у вестготов, остготов, германцев, норманнов есть имя «Одегмунд» или ему подобное, то вполне очевидным станет предположение, что Соловей Разбойник — , порождённый сим Одегмундом, одним из воинов какого-нибудь Германариха, Теодориха (Дитриха), Рёриха вследствие одного из их походов, упомянутых в соответствующих сагах и летописях.

Odegmund can relate to Eymundr Hringssonar, a Norvegian konung (king) who was a commander of mercenaries squad and helped Yaroslav the Wise (_https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yaroslav_the_Wise) to get to the throne. The old Norvegian name Æimundr, Audmund corresponds to old swedish Ödhmund, Ødhmund, Emund (_http://lingvoforum.net/index.php?topic=42421.0)

Well that reminds me of Laura's article "Xenophobic Self-Destruction Or, How the Odyssey and the Old and New Testaments Can Predict Our Future" (_http://www.sott.net/article/274265-Xenophobic-Self-Destruction-Or-How-the-Odyssey-and-the-Old-and-New-Testaments-Can-Predict-Our-Future);

Icelandic historian, poet, and politician Snorri Sturluson obviously noticed the similarities and felt compelled to give a rational account of the Æsir in the prologue of his Prose Edda; he speculated that Odin and his peers were originally refugees from Troy (surprise, surprise!) as the Greeks, Romans, Goths, British and others claimed also. In other words, the stories of the Norse gods were just the Northern version of the Odyssey. The point of this is that the ideas and principles conveyed in the Odyssey, the oldest form of the stories extant, were part and parcel of the way humans evolved to survive in ancient times, and I would like to suggest that they weren't necessarily a superstitious bunch who danced naked in the moonlight or smeared bear grease in their hair.

Is it possible that etruscans migrated from Scandinavia after being defeated at the Trojan war which took place some in England (http://cassiopaea.org/2012/07/08/where-troy-once-stood-the-mystery-of-homers-iliad-odyssey-revealed/)?

Altair, what actually surprises me is the resemblance of Nightingale narration to Perseus myth.

Excerpt from the book of Anton Platov “Magical Arts of the Ancient Europe”/Антон Платов «Магические Искусства Древней Европы»

Some remarks:

In the name of Ivan Bykovich, Bykovich is patronymic part. It means that Ivan is a descendant of a bull. The other known name of this hero is Иван коровий сын/Ivan the son of a cow.

Kalinov Bridge (Калинов мост/Калиновый мост) – could be translated in several different ways.
1. Калина (Kalina) originally means viburnum, guilder rose. In this sense the place could be called The Bridge of Viburnum.
2. As well it could be a reference to someone named Kal or Kalin. The Bridge of Kal(in)

Smorodina literary means currant. There is another possible interpretation of this name in the quoted text below.

The word ”Dragon” could be translated as “male snake”.

8. The Fight on Kalinov Bridge

Ivan Bykovich has arrived at the Kalinov Bridge across the River Smorodina. Suddenly waters of the river became wavy, eagles on the oaks started to shout. The Dragon with six heads appeared. The horse under him hobbles, the black raven on his shoulder tousles, the dog behind him bristles.
Ivan Bykovich fought with the Dragon and overcame him. On the second night he killed the Dragon with nine heads and on the third night – the Dragon with twelve heads.
The only one against whom Ivan hasn’t won was old crone, the mother of Dragons. She has led Ivan into the underground to elder, the father of Dragons. Elder calls twelve of his servants and says: “Take iron fork, open my black eyelids, I want to have a look at one who have killed my sons”
Servants have lifted his black eyelids up…

Famous fairy-tale, traditional story. Numerous researchers were involved it its analysis. Most of them agree that tale has a deep mythological meaning and happens to be a paraphrase of some ancient Slavic myth. It’s quite obvious that river Smorodina which divides foes is a river between our and Other worlds known to all Indo-Europeans. The name of this river consists of two ancient stems: mor (*mri) – “death”, and rod – “birth”. Undoubtedly Dragon and his sons standing on the other side of the river are The Lords of Netherworld. Take a notice of repeating epithet “black” or have a look at Dragon followers (wolf/dog and raven) or that the habitat of the Dragons is situated underground.
[…]

[T]exts about the Fight on the Kalinov Bridge appears to be a paraphrase of some ancient myth. So if we want to understand a deep meaning of these texts, we have to solve a double puzzle. First of all what kind of myth it is and only then we can search for a hidden meaning.
Of course only one Slavic text, moreover the text that already crossed the line between fairy-tale and myth, could not become a sufficient material for such kind of research. We have to bring into play all the sources available from now till the time of ancient Indo-Europeans when the myth and teaching we are interested in were still alive.
The searching of mythological analogies is a tidy and even risky business. There’s always a danger to cross some line of validity were personalities of gods and heroes are starting to blur. Assumption here, assumption there and all the richness of Indo-European narrative heritage appears to be the Indo-European central myth. Everything else turns into analogies.
In this particular case we have a picture that hardly could be mixed up with anything else. Elder calls twelve of his servants and says: “Take iron fork, open my black eyelids… This unnamed Someone, whose glance is deadly and whose eyelids are so incredibly heavy that can be moved only with a fork, is fairly called the most mysterious personage of Slavic mythology. He is a frequent participant in Eastern Slavic fairy-tales. But the real fame came to him after a story of Nikolai Gogol. His name is Viy.
However “Viy” is not a real name of a character. It’s just a moniker. In Ukrainian language word вия(viya) means “upper eyelid”. Extremely heavy eyelids is the obligatory trait of this character. His glance according to the Eastern Slavic mythology turns into ashes everything around. Ivan Belkin, who tends to identify Viy with Black God, includes in his book the noteworthy fragment from Slavic legend:
“…There is no child in all Podolia, who won’t tell you about this furious destroyer. The one who kills with his sight and turns cities into ashes. Luckily his deadly eyes are closed by heavy eyelids and dense brows”
Another trait of Viy in tales and legends is fork, iron fork in the hands of dozen strong men who are lifting eyelids up.
So, we have the Lord of Nether World who has a deadly glance, huge heavy eyelids and iron fork for their moving. Indeed, it’s hard to mix up this hero with anyone else. His is also known as Balor in Ireland and Ysbaddaden in Wales.
Irish Balor, grandson of Neit originates from the tribe of fomorians mythical rivals of Thuatha De Danann. The story goes that druids of his father the chieftain of fomorians were brewing a magical potion while curious Balor was peeping out of the window above… After the contact with poisonous fumes one of his eyes died and the other acquired a deadly trait: nine foes fell instantly dead after looking into his eye. But the eyelid of this eye became so enormously heavy that only several warriors could open it and only with the help of a spear pierced trough. From now on in any battle Balor was going in frontline of fomorian army.
Welsh Ysbaddaden, the chieftain of giants, is living in his castle far away from populated places. In comparison with fomorian hero he has two healthy eyes but as well as Balor and Viy his eyelids are so heavy that he has to hold special servants and firm fork in order to open them. The text about Ysbaddaden had been written down in the middle of the current millenium. This personage lost his deadly glance however text preserved noteworthy phrase relative to Slavic Viy: “Hey, open my eyelids!” It’s possible to assume that we have here a direct textual correspondence.
From Irish and Welsh texts undoubtedly follows that both Balor and Ysbaddaden reside in not ours, Nether World – in the world on the other side of river Smorodina. This detail one more time convinces us that those two and Viy are one and the same ancient mythical character. Moreover the plot of the narrations in general is same.
In Cath Maige Tuired – in the battle between the gods of this and Nether World – Balor has a fight with bright god Lugh. Lugh kills the foe firstly gouging out his deadly eye with the help of the sacred Spear of Assal and then decapitating him.
In the clash with bright prince Culhwch Ysbaddaden dies after being hit by the magical spear into the eye under heavy eyelids.
The father of Dragons with all the attributes of Viy eventually lost the fight to Ivan Bykovich as well.

The same text in the language of original

8. Бой на Калиновом Мосту

Вот пришёл Иван Быкович да под Калиновый Мост через реку Смородину. Вдруг воды на реке взволновались, орлы на дубах раскричались — выезжает чудо-юдо Змей шестиглавый; под ним конь споткнулся, чёрный ворон на плече встрепенулся, пёс борзой позади ощетинился...
Стал Иван Быкович биться со Змеем и победил его. На другу ночь побил он Змея девятиглавого, а на третью — Змея о двенадцати головах...
Только старуху старую, матушку Змееву, не одолел Иван. Привела она его в подземелье к старцу — отцу Змеев. Позвал старик двенадцать воев и говорит им: «Возьмите вилы железные, поднимите мне веки чёрные, ужо погляжу я, кто сыновей моих погубил».
И подняли ему веки чёрные, веки тяжкие..

Известная сказка, традиционный сюжет. Анализом её занимались многие исследователи; большинство из них соглашаются с тем, что сказка глубоко мифологична и представляет собой пересказ одного из древнейших славянских мифов. Действительно, довольно очевидно, что река Смородина, разделяющая противников, — это река между нашим и Иным мирами, известная всем индоевропейцам; недаром и самое имя её содержит сразу две древние основы: mor (*mri) — «смерть», и rod — «рождение» . Неоспоримо и то, что по ненашу сторону реки стоят Владыки мира мёртвых — Змеи и их отец, достаточно обратить внимание на обилие эпитетов «чёрный», или на спутников Змея — волка (пса) да ворона, или на то, что логовище их находится под землёй...
[…]

[T]eксты, посвящённые бою на Калиновом Мосту, представляют собой именно пересказ некоего древнего мифа. Поэтому, если мы хотим разобраться в глубинном содержании этих текстов, нам придётся решать двойную задачу: сначала понять, что это за миф, а уже потом искать его сокровенный смысл.
Разумеется, один-единственный славянский текст, тем более текст, уже пересекший границу между мифом и сказкой, не сможет стать достаточным для такого исследования материалом. Нам придётся задействовать всё, что сохранилось до наших дней с тех древнейших времён индоевропейского единства, когда интересующий нас миф был ещё живым, как было живым соответствующее учение.
...Поиски мифологических аналогов — занятие сложное и даже рискованное: всегда есть опасность перейти некую грань достоверности, за которой начнут размываться лики богов и героев. Допущение здесь, допущение там, и — глядишь — от всего разнообразия индоевропейской мифологии уже осталось что-нибудь одно (например, «Центральный Миф Индоевропейцев»), а всё остальное превратилось в аналоги.
Однако в данном случае мы обладаем образом, спутать который с каким-либо другим вряд ли возможно. «Позвал старик двенадцать воев и говорит им; “Возьмите вилы железные, поднимите мне веки чёрные...”» Этот безымянный Некто, обладающий взглядом невероятной силы и веками, столь тяжёлыми, что поднять их можно лишь вилами, справедливо считается одним из самых загадочных образов славянской мифологии. Он нередко встречается в восточнославянских сказках, но наибольшую «известность» ему принесла несомненно, знаменитая повесть Н.В.Гоголя. Это — Вий.
«Вий», однако, не является собственным именем персонажа; это всего лишь хейти — на украинском языке слово вия означает «верхнее веко». Действительно, тяжкие веки, прикрывающие глаза, являются его непременным атрибутом. Взгляд же его, согласно восточнославянским легендам, испепеляет всё вокруг . И.Белкин, склонный отождествлять Вия с Чёрным Богом , приводит в своей работе замечательный отрывок из славянской легенды:
«...Нет ребёнка в Подолии, который бы не рассказал вам, об этом страшном истребителе, взглядом своим убивавшем человека и превращавшем в пепел целые города. Счастье только, что этот убийственный взгляд закрывали прильнувшие веки и густые брови».
Другой непременный атрибут легенд и сказок о Вие — это вилы, железные вилы, которыми дюжина добрых молодцев поднимает его веки.
Итак, Владыка Иного Мира, имеющий смертоносный взгляд, огромные тяжкие веки и железные вилы для их поднимания. Действительно, спутать этот персонаж с каким-либо другим сложно. Именно он известен в Ирландии под именем Балора и в Уэльсе под именем Ысбаддаден Великан-из-Великанов.
Ирландский Балор, внук Нета, происходит из племени фоморов, мифологических противников богов из Племён Богини Дану . Согласно преданию, некогда друиды его отца, одного из владык фоморов, варили во дворе замка некое колдовское зелье, и любопытный Балор, высунувшись из окна, подставил свои глаза под ядовитый пар, что шёл от котла с зельем. После того один его глаз погиб, а второй приобрёл смертоносную силу: девять врагов падали замертво, заглянув в тот глаз. Но веко того глаза стало таким тяжким, что только несколько воинов могли открыть глаз, орудуя продетым сквозь веко копьём. С тех пор в битвах всегда шёл Балор впереди войска фоморов.
Валлийский Ысбаддаден, предводитель великанов, обретается в своём замке вдали от населённых земель. В отличие от Балора, он имеет два глаза, но так же, как у Балора и Вия, веки его столь тяжки, что ему приходится держать специальных слуг, дабы те совместными усилиями поднимали ему веки в случае необходимости и подпирали их прочными вилами. Образ Ысбаддадена, посвящённые которому тексты были записаны только в середине текущего тысячелетия, утратил важную деталь — смертоносность взгляда из-под тяжких век. Зато эти же тексты сохранили замечательную фразу, равно характерную и для славянского Вия: «Эй, поднимите мне веки!» При желании можно было бы считать это прямым текстуальным совпадением.
И из ирландских, и из валлийских текстов однозначно следует, что Балор и Ысбаддаден принадлежат ненашему, Иному, миру — миру по ту сторону реки Смородины, и это лишний раз подтверждает, что эти двое и Вий — это один и тот же древний мифологический персонаж. Наконец, совпадают и фабулы главных связанных с ними сказаний.
В Битве в Долине Туиред — битве между богами этого и Иного миров — Балор сходится в поединке со светлым богом Лугом, и Луг убивает своего противника, сначала выбив священным копьём Ассал его смертоносный глаз, а затем и отрубив голову.
В противоборстве со светлым королевичем Килухом гибнет Ысбаддаден, получив удар волшебным копьём в глаз под тяжёлыми веками.
Проигрывает поединок Ивану Быковичу и отец Змеев, обладающий всеми признаками и атрибутами Вия.

Well, I think that all the legends about dragons/heroes is a combination of some factual cosmic events (comets in the sky?) and archetypical images of people who are struggling their predatory mind (animal nature) and liberating their soul. You can check this thread: http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=32701.0

Zee Ley said:
This thread blows my mind:)

Session 12 December 1998

Q: Now, in reference to your question to me: 'where is Arcadia,' that I need to look at this some more, I was reading in Gregory of Tours' History of the Franks, and he was recounting that the Franks who colonized along the Rhine in the area about which we are seeking clues, came from an area called Pannonia. I looked up Pannonia. It is in Eastern Austria and crosses the border into Hungary. In Pannonia there are vineyards. It is a very famous grape growing and wine making area. A statement from the 4th century says: 'Pannonia is a land rich in all resources and fruits, beasts and commerce.' Pannonia is also the location of an interesting lake. The lake is called Neusiedl, or 'New Town.' This is the only 'steppe lake' in all of Europe. It is only six feet deep at it's deepest point and is a giant, shallow sweet body of water surrounded on the Eastern bank by marshlands, numerous salty ponds and pools. Apparently, this place produces a very fine environment for grapes and wine, in particular a type of wine called 'Eiswein.' This Eiswein is called 'The treasure of liquid gold.' It says here: 'the production of Eiswein remains the winemakers ultimate challenge.' Only a small amount of this wine is produced. Etomologically speaking, Pannonia is probably named after the God 'Pan,' and that derived from Sylvanus, the 'Shepherd God.' So, all in one spot, we have shepherds, a wine called liquid gold, a lake called Neusiedl, and an 'Arcadian environment.' Can you tell me if there is any particular significance to my discovery of the terms relating to this area from whence came the Franks to the Rhineland? Is this, in fact, Arcadia?

Trent leads to another snippet

July 26 1997

Q: Okay. I have several books on the subject. I will start tomorrow. Now, when the Templars were arrested, they were accused of worshipping a head, or skull, and also the god Baphomet. Were thes spurious accusations designed to defame them?

A: Skull was of pure crystal.

Q: What is the definition of the god 'Baphomet,' if they did, indeed, worship such?

A: The holder of the Trent.

June 20, 1998

Q: What was the head worshipped by the Templars that was supposed to have been called "Baphomet?"

A: Seer of the passage.

A: Remember, secrets of Knights Templar were kept in caves guided by eternally burning lamps.

As I remember Fulcanelli in "Dwellings" mentions about some kind of eternally shining lamps or lanterns.

I looked up "arrest of Templars", and lo and behold, it's still happening!
_http://wtfrly.com/2015/05/06/masonic-police-sheriffs-arrest-descendants-knights-templars/

No mention of Baphomet's skull, though!

Back
Top Bottom