Your favorite classical tunes...

Gawan

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
One of my favorite classical tunes is from Tchaikovsky "Winter Dreams" or "Winter Daydreams":

Reactions: luc

SlipNet

Jedi Council Member
When I was a young fella in my twenties I dated a classically trained musician for 6 years, and she taught me plenty about the aesthetics of classical music. I saw a completely different side to her during these moments, and I cherish what we shared briefly even today, I learned a lot from her. She loved this piece, so I'll share it here.

luc

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
One of the great piano classics by Mozart:

I'm currently practicing the first movement, and although I don't have as much time/energy as I might want for this, it greatly soothes me, especially given all that is going on. It's kind of a "the way is the goal" thing, mastering something in tiny steps, being fully concentrated on pulling that music I hear in my mind out of my unwilling flesh...

The way Barenboim plays it actually comes close to how I "hear" it, compared to all other versions I know of, but still not quite. It's annoying if you know exactly how you want it to sound, but can't pull it off that way quite yet :-D Anyway, for me it was a great decision to get back into classical piano a bit after a 25+ years hiatus. Love it.

Pashalis

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
I'm not all too much into classical music but there are two compositions that I really like. The first one is "Méditation" from Jules Massenet interpreted by David Garrett:

And the second one is Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata:

Pashalis

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
It's kind of a "the way is the goal" thing, mastering something in tiny steps, being fully concentrated on pulling that music I hear in my mind out of my unwilling flesh...
Practice makes perfect. You will get there!

• Love
Reactions: luc
Top Bottom