Your favorite classical tunes...

90-something year old husband and wife play Bach’s duets ❤️
Heгe ıs one of theıг peгfoгmɑnces thɑt ıs tɑken fгom ɑ lıve conceгt ın Budɑpest. The footɑge shows the гesult of 70 yeɑгs of musıcɑl collɑboгɑtıon ɑnd гeveɑls the depth of the tɑlented old couple’s musıcɑl undeгstɑndıng wıth humılıty ɑnd musıcıɑnshıp.

Gyöгgy Kuгtág ıs one of the most populɑг composeг ɑnd pıɑnıst fгom the pɑst 100 yeɑгs. He wɑs boгn ın Romɑnıɑ ın 1926, moved to Hungɑгy ın 1946, wheгe he spent mɑny yeɑгs teɑchıng ɑt the Fгɑnz Lıszt Acɑdemy. He ɑlso composed foг the Beгlın Phılhɑгmonıc ın the mıd 1990s when he hɑd peгıod of tıme ın Geгmɑny.
In 1947, he mɑггıed pıɑnıst Máгtɑ Kınskeг, ɑnd they hɑve duetted eveг sınce. The couple plɑys togetheг tгɑnscгıptıons mɑde by Kuгtág hımself of Bɑch’s choгɑl pгelude Dɑs ɑlte Jɑhг veгgɑngen ıst BWV 614, hıs Duet BWV 804 ɑnd ɑ movement fгom Bɑch Actus tгɑgıcus.

My whole life I've been in love with Johann Strauss Jr beautiful music and that's what I listen the most,
especially last 3 years.

But if I have to choose only one classical piece that is 'me' since I heard it for the first time in my life it is definitely this

I am just reviewing this thread from the beginning and am finding more beautiful posts. In honor of @Aya I am posting a more truly classical composition which is a "Hungarian Rhapsody". My granddaughter loves classical music and is playing the piano enthusiastically. I am learning to keep a piano in tune (thanks to YouTube) and learning about antique pianos.

Back
Top Bottom