Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

If anyone wants one of these thingies but can't get it, we'd be happy to order for you and send it on if you cover the cost of purchase and shipping. PM me if interested.

Just wondering before going ahead with this. I've been aware of hypoxia training masks for a while now (haven't used one though). Here's a short video on the benefits. While these masks are designed to be used while exercising, I'm wondering if they can be used while at rest like the Samozdrav device too?

Normally I have issues with allergies that cause asthma and I take medication to keep it in check
I have had allergies to almost everything, and today I still have an allergy to dust mites.

One day I read about royal jelly and its benefits.

I read that the magical properties are found in fresh, untreated royal jelly, and that in fact the queen bee rejects royal jelly treated in the laboratory.

The fact is that the first time I took it, I felt as if my pituitary gland had dried up.

Suddenly I was breathing in an incredible way and to this day I have almost no allergic reactions.

The recommendations is to rest from taking it from time to time, but I don't do it and I don't have any problem.

It is likely that you already know about this and of course, it works for someone, it does not always work for another person, but I comment on it just in case.

And it has to be fresh Royal Jelly, safeguarded in a cold chain.

I am about 75 sessions in now, totalling 50 or so hours as my session times vary depending on the day of the week. I would say that there is approx. 10% improvement in my immune system and I am able to do more physical work with my body before the sneezing episodes could begin. I have had this issue for the past couple of years where if I exert too much physically, I begin to sneeze uncontrollably which then leads to runny nose, headaches and fever. Its likely damage from the vaccines too.

Seeing others’ experiences, I probably have to do another 50 hours equivalent to realise more benefits. Its also summer here now so, I am able to do more sessions regularly.

Thank you, Wandering Star. I'm pretty sure I have tried some in the past for one thing or another, but I didn't pay attention to whether it was fresh or not. I will try it that way and see.
I found Ganoderma (reishi) very effective for both allergies/asthma -good at this time of the year ! ,coming into spring.Cordyceps sinensis is also good imo - you might have come across this already- theres quite alot of research been done on these mushrooms,I can send links on research articles if required. I ve found alot of the challenge is in sourcing a product that is of a high standard and quality !

ER

I've done 150 HBOT sessions, and now our collectively-purchased Macy Pan is going to be moving on to its next home.

My experience overall with HBOT has been excellent. I have more energy, and the kind of energy I have has changed - its like its a more stable and lucid energy. I was really quite low in all kinds of ways when I started the sessions, and now feel good in general, able to work long days of physical labour and not have to do a faceplant afterwards. My back pain has healed up as well.

My mood and mind has been able to find more acceptance and gratitude, and it's been easier to get a handle on negative thought loops or laugh at them and send them on their way. So perhaps there's some brain healing that has occurred that shows up as a more finely tuned inner perception.

Thanks to all for the Samozdrav info. With the Macy Pan moving on for now, I was thinking it would be nice to continue experimenting. So I've ordered one (via Samozdrav LLC's Amazon store) and it should come in a week or so!

The only possible side effect, which may or may not be related, is that I have been having occasional short term headaches for the last couple of days. I'm going to see if I can find out if it's related, but I thought I'd mention it in case someone else gets the same.
Hello Andromeda, I rarely get headaches, and with the practice of Samozdrav, especially in the beginning I had "situational" headaches, which went almost unnoticed, as most of my time on the device I am mentally busy reading, seeing the posts on the Forum, petting my cat...

Today I am a month away from the second step, and I have arrived at the practice of one hour a day, half an hour in the morning, and the rest in the evening.
A week ago I had to go back down to half an hour a day due to migraines after the practice, and nausea in the morning (maybe also due to the cold), but indeed an excess of CO2 can lead to headaches.
Our organism really has to adapt as we go along, just like the different campsites at different altitudes for alpinists.

During the half hour of practice, it's often the first few minutes that a small headache arises and ends up disappearing, and towards the end of the half hour, I sometimes feel so good that I'll stay under the mask a little longer.
Whereas when I went from the first stage to the second, before reaching the first half hour, I had nausea during the practice, which I stopped, only to start again the next day, Samozdrav gives you no choice but to be reasonable and listen to your body and its limits!

One thing I have noticed is that since practicing Samozdrav, I have a lot less mucus, now in the morning I have an almost dry cough, and I had to take some NAC to loosen this glue from my lungs.
I keep'on samozdravin'.

Just wondering before going ahead with this. I've been aware of hypoxia training masks for a while now (haven't used one though). Here's a short video on the benefits. While these masks are designed to be used while exercising, I'm wondering if they can be used while at rest like the Samozdrav device too?
Hi Joe, I have no experience with these masks either, but I can see their practicality compared to the Samozdrav, CO2 is an indicator of metabolic activity with receptors that cause a hyperventilation reflex to too much of it, and here we join the Bohr effect explained by Gaby and Tyomodachi.
Physiologically, the more CO2 there is in the blood, the more effort we make, and consequently the more oxygen we need.
And on this scale of effort the Samozdrav is I think more adaptable and efficient when at rest than these masks.
I was able to put into practice the advice to use the Samozdrav device after practicing a sport to prolong the benefits.

By now, I have done four sessions, with the first three being in November. During the first, there was quite a lot of pain, so the pressure was reduced a bit before increasing it again, since then the pain of the first time has not returned. After the first three sessions, my ears were blocked partially and my hearing reduced for about ten days. In this case, the usual unblocking methods did not seem to work. I tried a medicine, Zymelin, that contained xylometazoline hydrochloride 140mcg/dose, but it was ineffective. Instead, time cleared the obstruction to the point where the unblocking methods began to work. It was a bit similar for me to going up and down in an aeroplane, where up and down is no problem, but up and down twice or more can be.

After finishing the latest session, I felt when coming out for a moment as if I did not have enough air. Maybe I had adapted too much to the luxury of higher oxygen levels :)

In the second and third session, I brought a little fridge thermometer into the HBOT bag, and it measured an increase of two degrees Celsius when the pressure increased and a drop of two degrees when the pressure returned to normal, but before the bag was opened. The room temperatures were in this case about 22-23.

I've just ordered the Samozdrav from a seller on Ebay so hopefully it will get here in the next couple of weeks and I can give an update. I tried to buy one from the official website but kept getting a Paypal error. Then the French website didn't like my postcode. Amazon US and UK also don't have any at the moment.

It seems very simple to use. I'm looking forward to trying it out when it arrives.

Which seller did you buy from? If you don’t mind me asking…I ordered one from eBay a while ago. I took a gamble and got the one with fastest shipping, but it’s coming from Ukraine and the tracking number is not showing any movement.

Which seller did you buy from? If you don’t mind me asking…I ordered one from eBay a while ago. I took a gamble and got the one with fastest shipping, but it’s coming from Ukraine and the tracking number is not showing any movement.
I ordered from a seller in Belarus: IVGift | eBay Stores
Hopefully it won't take too long. Estimated delivery is somewhere between 2 and 5 weeks. I'll let you know when it arrives.

A few days ago, I bent down to do something and my L5 went off... like the disc suddenly started pinching the nerve. It was VERY painful and did not let off when I was lying down. So, Gaby gave me an injection of procaine at the site and I went to sleep. Next morning, it was about 50 % reduced so I took two naproxen and went into HBOT chamber for a little over an hour. When I got out, my back was perfect. I thought it might be the naproxen but it hasn't returned at all. I did get taped just to be sure, but that is the fastest recovery from a pinched nerve I've ever had.

My knee, also is much, much better. I use the leg press in the gym twice a week, but I go for repetitions rather than increasing weight. I tried increasing the weight once, and could hardly walk for several days. So now, just reps... Anyway, I'm up to 100 reps and no problems at all with my knee. I can go up and down stairs easily and without any stress at all.

Thanks Laura for sharing your experience with HBOT, much appreciated.

With regards to my back, i had a similar experience. Sometime around the 70th session, one day i innocuously got out of bed as normal and felt and light "crack" in my lower back - and i think my nerve got pinched again. It was similarly very painful, but the pain was way more manageable; and within 3 days, i had an acupunture session as well in my lower back - and it got significantly better. Within a week i started training again, and although i still felt sore - it was similar to yours where i felt the recovery process from the pinched nerve was faster and much better. Maybe there is some "re-adjustment" going and it is part of the recovery process.

With regards to my left knee - i actually put a bit more weight on it during leg presses. It hurts more, but i find my mobility better but minor pain is present. I think your suggestion is good, and i will now lower the weights during the leg press and go more for endurance to help better with healing.

Thanks again.

Wonderful! Will use that next time I had to go to shops, doctors, hospitals with a mask

There is some chance that your 1.3 ata chamber can stand 1.5 ata. Many soft chambers can and the 1.3 ata value is mostly because of US regulations.

You could ask your sales person about this. If 1.5 ata is possible you just would need to exchange the valves.

Funny you mention this as I was thinking about it while in the chamber this morning, if I could swap the valves. My rep is on vacation for Chinese New Year until the end of the month, but I will ask her.

No go. Apparently the 1.5 model is reinforced in some areas, like windows, so no swapping out valves. Maybe I will upgrade at some point, but I will make do with my 1.3 for now. I'm pretty happy with it so far 😊.

I've done 10 sessions now at 1.3 of 1 hour at Pressure. The first few sessions made me really tired, not sleepy, more like exhausted, zapped of all energy, and hungry. After one of my first few sessions I was meant to break down some boxes for recycling and I just couldn't do it. Although, I have also been adding 30 minutes of sauna, so that could've contributed. Mostly I feel pretty good after now. Will report back after more sessions.

So THAT'S how you do it?! My bad, should have done more research!

iu

Back
Top Bottom