DMSO - Dimethylsulphoxide

Psyche said:
LissyLou said:
I am also wondering if DMSO applied topically along the inflammed lymph nodes would be helpful?

Oh yes, I think it will definitely help.

My DMSO arrived yesterday. I diluted a 50% solution and applied it topically to the inflammed lymph node. I applied it again this evening. I am totally amazed! There is a noticeable decrease in the size of the node, in just two applications! And it no longer feels matted. This node has been swollen for over 20 years!!!

Coincidentally, I awoke this morning with a bit of swelling to my upper lip and the unmistakable tingling, that lets me know I am about to get a cold sore. I applied DMSO to my upper lip, and within 20 minutes, the swelling was gone and there is no sign of a cold sore!! I say coincidentally, because I haven't had a cold sore in well over two years....makes me wonder if the DMSO didn't shake the dormant virus up a bit!

FWIW, I cancelled my order for DMSO in HDPE plastic, and re-ordered from another company in glass. There was some discussion about this earlier in the thread. I started a research on plastics (as I realized I didn't know squat about them) and feel glass is probably best. I decided against HDPE (high density polyethylene) after reading the following:

The following are findings presented by Dr. Hildegarde Staninger, RIET-1, Industrial Toxicologist/IH & Doctor of Integrative Medicine.

"Morgellons"

- - - A disease in which individuals have the growth of fibers from their skin that burn at 1,700 degrees F and do not melt. (20)(* see below) A private study to determine the chemical and biological composition of these fibers has shown that the fibers' outer casing is made up of high density polyethylene fiber (HDPE).

I may be jumping to conclusions, but the only article I found touting the safety of HDPE was one of its makers, Exxon Mobil. :scared:

I've also had great results with DMSO on a lymph node behind my ear that seems always swollen. It went down within days!

The only side effect is that my co workers say I stink like garlic or Butane, lol. One was thinking there was a gas leak somewhere!

(Wow, it has been almost two weeks now. Sorry about that. Better late than never.)
Laura said:
Why mix the DMSO with coconut oil? What's the objective?
I was thinking about the anti-fungal properties of both, and maybe they would be more effective together. I am thinking of fungus in the toenails and athlete's foot.

Remember, DMSO will carry whatever is mixed with it through the cells.
That's a good point, and I guess I am now ready to share the rest of the story.

I added a small amount of grain alcohol (probably less than 10%) to my mix of DMSO and coconut oil, and it helped them mix even more. I put just a little bit on my hand, a few drops. Within a few seconds, I started tasting the alcohol and started to feel like I was getting drunk. It was that fast. The effects started going away in maybe ten minutes and were gone soon afterwards.

Looking back, I see that it would be unwise to add anything to DMSO that I would not want to have in my bloodstream. The alcohol was not dangerous, but the problem was that I was surprised when the alcohol got into my bloodstream. I should have expected that.

Again, please don't add anything to DMSO that you would not consider injecting into your blood.

curious_richard said:
Looking back, I see that it would be unwise to add anything to DMSO that I would not want to have in my bloodstream. The alcohol was not dangerous, but the problem was that I was surprised when the alcohol got into my bloodstream. I should have expected that.

Again, please don't add anything to DMSO that you would not consider injecting into your blood.

That's what I said. You have to be VERY careful when using DMSO with other substances. I am really kind of shocked that you would think that adding alcohol would be a good idea.

As for toenails, a little DMSO and specific-for-fungus creams do nicely together as long as it is a pure product.

As I read through this thread, I note that no one has responded to an early question; what is the shelf life of DMSO.

Having taken my first hit of oral DMSO yesterday at the chateau, and having been impressed with the results, I started looking around for the food grade DMSO that I have carried around for about ten years. The shelf life question was relevant for me, eh? Anyway I found this:

http://www.arkema-inc.com/literature/pdf/360.pdf

It appears that shelf life is 2 years. There is a wealth of info in this PDF file. The link came from a search which landed me at this site, which has links to several pertinent DMSO study summaries:

http://www.arkema-inc.com/literature.cfm?pag=121

After my dose of DMSO yesterday, I was treated to a few of the chateau kitchen mini buckwheat pizzas - tres bein. Following that, and at Laura's suggestion that 5HTP would likely correct some recent sleep problems, I took my first dose of that supplement. I awakened this morning, after my first night of uninterrupted sleep in a week feeling rested and alert. No middle of the night trips to urinate.

I am now convinced that DMSO and 5HTP are valid therapies for me.

I had acquired the DMSO originally after spending an afternoon with Daniel Haley, author of the book, Politics in Healing. He was working on his second book and was in California to interview, for his second book, the president of our corporation who was one of the early researchers in vitamin C and the inventor of EmergenC, which is the only product which contains all of the actual bioavailable mineral ascorbate components of what the body converts ascorbic acid into, in readily usable form. Unfortunately it also has a rather large quantity of sugar.

Haley, in his 80s, related to me the importance of keeping DMSO on hand at all times. His wife, a nurse, had administered it to him orally when he had a stroke. By the time the paramedics arrived, the clot had already dissolved and the ER had little left to do.

His stroke had happened after he had written in his first book, in the chapter on DMSO, this passage:

...If given soon after a stroke, DMSO, one of the world's greatest solvents, has been shown to dissolve the clot that causes the stroke, thus restoring circulation and avoiding paralysis. How soon? Dr. Stanley Jacob says within the first few hours is best and intravenously is better than oral, but oral works too. Once DMSO gets into the body either daubed on the skin, given I.V., or by mouth, it permeates the body and crosses the blood brain barrier, so even taken orally it can dissolve the clot. One man who had a stroke at 7:30 AM refused to go to the hospital until his wife had spoken to Dr. Stanley Jacob, which didn't happen until 6:30 PM. Starting at 7:00 PM the day of the stroke, she gave him a teaspoonful of 50% DMSO in a little orange juice every 15 minutes for two hours and then every half hour for two hours. The next day her husband was fine. A substance that can stop a stroke as its happening is something many might want in their home medicine chest.

Neurosurgeon Dr. Jack de le Torre is a professor of physiology and neurosurgery at the University of New Mexico, in Albequerque. He and Dr. Jacob believe that DMSO should be in every ambulance and emergency room so as to start giving it to stroke victims intravenously in the ambulance as soon as picked up or, at the latest, as soon as the patient arrives at an emergency room. If such were the established practice, the number of people dying or incapacitated from strokes would plummet.

Haley had a seat in the NY State Assembly for 12 years. He saw first hand the pharmaceutical industry money working on his colleagues to prevent acceptance of effective and inexpensive methods such as DMSO for preventing or mitigating catastrophic illness. He goes on in this book to list the other uses for DMSO, such as in limiting damage to spinal cord accident victims. He quotes Dr. Morton Walker:

DMSO tends to protect nerve cells... following injury. It provides better protection than any other treatments. Scientists have verified this by observation with electron microscope and the light microscope. Thus DMSO prevents the paralysis that may ensue following trauma; it alters the severe effects seen after a brain stroke.

Dr Walker also observed the work of Dr. Weinstein, with learning disabled and retarded children, using a DMSO therapy. There was notable improvement in IQ, reading, writing and mathematics, as well as reduction in behavioral problems. There was elimination of of anger for no reason, a general reduction irritability and a lessening of disobedience.

It would seem then that in addition to DMSO's virtues discussed in this thread, it is also a valid prophylaxis for arterial and vein blockages, and much more.

Source: Politics in Healing, Daniel Haley, 2000, Potomac Valley Press, ISBN# 0-9701150-0-8
http://politicsinhealing.com/

Psyche said:
In the book DMSO: Nature's Healer, it says that in pure form, the life of DMSO is indefinite, so it may be used for years.

I received mine friday (1 gallon in a plastic bottle) and the degree of purity is 99,996%. They say it can be kept for an indefinite time.

It is written on the paper which came with the bottle that it is a solvent and can not be use for internal use and don't ask us if you can use it internally since it is totally pure because we can not say anything else that is a solvent according to the law.

I bought it from that website : _www.dmso.net

So can i take it internally ?

Geez, the smell is just awful.

Is there a preferred dilution for internal use and a frequency/amount?

Gandalf said:
Psyche said:
In the book DMSO: Nature's Healer, it says that in pure form, the life of DMSO is indefinite, so it may be used for years.

I received mine friday (1 gallon in a plastic bottle) and the degree of purity is 99,996%. They say it can be kept for an indefinite time.

It is written on the paper which came with the bottle that it is a solvent and can not be use for internal use and don't ask us if you can use it internally since it is totally pure because we can not say anything else that is a solvent according to the law.

I've got some of the same stuff and that's what I take.

Yeah, it smells worse than it bites!

I think dosing and dilutions have already been discussed in the thread. For oral doses, I just put two teaspoons (or one) in a half glass of distilled water and down the hatch! Follow with another glass of water (ordinary size). I take it on an empty stomach and wait half an hour before eating.

For eyes and ears, we made a dilution of 25% pure DMSO in 75% saline solution from the pharmacy.

Gandalf said:

Cool, thanks for the website. I couldn't find large quantities on amazon. It's a good price considering you don't really use much when you dilute it. I have some DMSO in a plastic bottle that I think I might toss.

Laura said:
Gandalf said:
Psyche said:

I think dosing and dilutions have already been discussed in the thread. For oral doses, I just put two teaspoons (or one) in a half glass of distilled water and down the hatch! Follow with another glass of water (ordinary size). I take it on an empty stomach and wait half an hour before eating.

I have just tried it. I put 1 teaspoon in a glass of water and put it in my mouth. As soon as I tried to swallow it, it went outside and quite fast. :-[ :(

I do not know how I am going to handle that situation. Probably, instead of using 1 teaspoon, I will go with 1 drop and see how I am going to react.

Gandalf said:
I have just tried it. I put 1 teaspoon in a glass of water and put it in my mouth. As soon as I tried to swallow it, it went outside and quite fast. :-[ :(

The liquid stuff is definitely an acquired taste. I found that chasing it with a big glass of apple juice is VERY helpful.

Guardian said:
Gandalf said:

The liquid stuff is definitely an acquired taste. I found that chasing it with a big glass of apple juice is VERY helpful.

Probably is okay to do if that's what it takes. But actually, I don't find it that awful tasting.

I don't think a drop will do anything useful.

Psyche said:

If I can ever track down my bottle, I can determine its strength/purity. Thanks for the info.

When my link mentioned formaldehyde formation, I became a bit nervous about taking an aged DMSO.

Laura said:
I don't think a drop will do anything useful.

I don't think so either but it might help me to get used to the taste.

I still have the taste in my mouth this morning. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom