DMSO - Dimethylsulphoxide

If you can't do the colonics yet, do the coffee enemas in the morning and salt water in the evenings. 1.5 tsps salt (pure) to one liter of distilled water.

As for the oral DMSO, I'm taking it every night for over a week now and I think that this, along with the "wash-outs" and psyllium husks stirred in water and drunk quickly in the morning, and something is going on!

Oh, I think I would dilute DMSO for the eyes down to about 25%.

LissyLou said:
Psyche said:
Hi M.A.O.

For the eyes I would use distilled water or sterile saline solution (0.9%) which you might be able to get in the pharmacy.

For the eye, sterile saline is a good idea. You can probably still find sterile saline OTC next to the contact lens solution in any large chain store. As for the DMSO, be sure to get pharmaceutical grade (99.9% is best). I purchased mine off Amazon from HerbalRemedies.com. I'd be a bit leary of purchasing DMSO from a farm store, or even from a vet. Any impurities in the DMSO is going to get absorbed. :scared:

Pete02 said:
Thats the way I purchased mine. Sold as 99% pure DMSO it says is for solvent purposes only and user takes their own risk if they decide to use it otherwise. I'm gonna try diluting to 30% and see if I can get my dad to use it as eye drops. He has a case of glaucoma covering up his eyes and refuses to admit it. Maybe if it starts to help him see clearly he'll be a little more positive on life again. Thanks again for all the info everyone. :)

I'd order the 99.9% pure DMSO, especially for use in the eye, Pete02.

It is the 99.9% LissyLou. I special ordered it from my local health food store. I seem to be very fortunate with them because there hasn't been much I can't find at that place so far. Thanks for checking. ;)

Laura said:
Oh, I think I would dilute DMSO for the eyes down to about 25%.

Thanks for that Laura, will do!

I've bought my DMSO from a brand called Dr Jacob's 70% strength. £21.00 for 120ml. But....

Having paid for and used it several times I then searched a bit more on the internet and my DMSO is in a plastic bottle. which seems really bad.

Would it be sensible to stop using it ? Is it drawing the chemicals out of the plastic? I've emailed the company but haven't heard back yet. Would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks

I have Dr. Jacob's 90% strength in a plastic bottle too. I'm not sure about the plastic.

Some automotive fluids eat certain plastics, so they use specific plastic or metal containers for those fluids. I couldn't find a recycling logo (the logo with the number in it) on my DMSO container, so maybe it is some kind of special plastic for pharmaceutical grade fluids?

Divide By Zero said:
I have Dr. Jacob's 90% strength in a plastic bottle too. I'm not sure about the plastic.

Some automotive fluids eat certain plastics, so they use specific plastic or metal containers for those fluids. I couldn't find a recycling logo (the logo with the number in it) on my DMSO container, so maybe it is some kind of special plastic for pharmaceutical grade fluids?

This gets worse in actual fact because I checked on Dr Jacobs website and the container is HDPE plastic. Checking that out on a plastics website it is used for containers and is OK for any use except solvents. Now isn't DMSO used as an industrial solvent? Ahhhhhhhh :(

slowone said:
Divide By Zero said:

This gets worse in actual fact because I checked on Dr Jacobs website and the container is HDPE plastic. Checking that out on a plastics website it is used for containers and is OK for any use except solvents. Now isn't DMSO used as an industrial solvent? Ahhhhhhhh :(

No problem with that, DMSO is a very polar liquid and the only solvents able to affect plastic are ethers and some hydrocarbon, DMSO is like water and don't attack plastics. In chemistry any liquid which is able to dissolve any sustance is called solvent. Water is a solvent for salts too. Don't mind for the word "solvent".

wanted to report another success with DMSO. I have been applying it to my face for two weeks and taking MSM, a related supplement, orally, together with some berry-based antioxidants. I had a bout of acne in March, and this healed the damage pretty well but what amazed me is that my hyperpigmentation (melasma) -- diffuse brown spots on face, linked to sun damage and hormone imbalance -- has also faded very noticeably. In fact, it's amazing!

This must have something to do with DMSO's antioxidant properties, as well as with its ability to carry nutrients deep into the skin -- I am also using a skin whitening product on and off, but it has not been nearly as effective in the past, without DMSO. I have purchased a 99.9% solution in a glass bottle on eBay, and dilute it to 50-70% before application.

thank you very much for this valuable information!

Shijing said:
I have a quick question about DMSO -- is there any reason to believe that it would be effective against psoriasis?

Shijing

I too have had a problems with psoriasis, over the last couple of years i have tried all concoctions on my problem areas, the back of the head and the left lower leg. It was so unsightly i would wear jeans in the summer so nobody would see, and the itchiness was horrible, i would itch and end up breaking the skin until it bled . I started reading somewhere about using organic coconut oil topically so i gave it a try. The psoriasis just seems to fall off, my leg has hair growing back, the skin is pink and the itching has reduced to almost nothing.
While this isn't a cure, if i miss putting on some coconut oil for a week it starts to come back, it helps in the itching and unsightly skin department. Some of the active ingredients in coconut oil are caprylic acid, capric acid and lauric acid. I don't know which active ingredients in coconut oil enables it to clear up psoriasis in days, but i am glad it does.

FWIW i drank daily until August last year, and have noticed flare ups when i have drunk the occasional beer or wine. I have stopped gluten just before Christmas and been on strict diet since but still get psoriasis even when i haven't drank. So it seems that i could do with a full colon cleanse. I have also read that there is a connection between mercury toxicity and skin disorders, i will look into this connection more and post my findings.

Thanks for the info, rolyateel -- I will look into getting the coconut oil and give it a shot! I am trying to implement the recommendations that were given me one at a time -- I have been taking psyllium every day and just started activated charcoal. My next step is to do the enemas (coffee and saline) that Laura recommended, and I plan to order a set of DMSO and DMSA soon -- the latter for the mercury which I'm sure I haven't avoided despite escaping fillings in my teeth.

FWIW, I seem to have two kinds of psoriasis -- the first kind was dry and patchy, would crack open, and appeared only on my hands. Changing my diet seems to have been the only thing necessary to treat this. The other kind (which appears on the back of my head too, as well as other areas) tends to be weepy, with fluid that ends up crusting over into scaly patches (sorry everyone for the gross-out, but that's what it is!). This is the kind I'm trying to treat with the current recommendations (including coconut oil now!).

Shijing said:
Thanks for the info, rolyateel -- I will look into getting the coconut oil and give it a shot! I am trying to implement the recommendations that were given me one at a time -- I have been taking psyllium every day and just started activated charcoal. My next step is to do the enemas (coffee and saline) that Laura recommended, and I plan to order a set of DMSO and DMSA soon -- the latter for the mercury which I'm sure I haven't avoided despite escaping fillings in my teeth.
If you get plugged up or feel that way due to the psyllium/charcoal, you may want to use prune juice, cayenne, or other herbs (and lots of water) to keep the flow going. The stuff definitely plugs me up, and I wanted to establish a good flow prior to working on the liver with citrus/olive oil and CEs. The liver work resulted in a fair amount of foul sludge and I was thankful to have that stuff out ASAP. The CEs (5 so far) are great - I feel much better - clarity, focus, mood, etc. A great next step to the colon cleanse, imo. FWIW and hope it helps.

LQB said:
If you get plugged up or feel that way due to the psyllium/charcoal, you may want to use prune juice, cayenne, or other herbs (and lots of water) to keep the flow going. The stuff definitely plugs me up, and I wanted to establish a good flow prior to working on the liver with citrus/olive oil and CEs. The liver work resulted in a fair amount of foul sludge and I was thankful to have that stuff out ASAP. The CEs (5 so far) are great - I feel much better - clarity, focus, mood, etc. A great next step to the colon cleanse, imo. FWIW and hope it helps.

Thanks LQB -- the psyllium so far seems to, if anything, have had the opposite effect on me, but I will keep this in mind in case things turn around. I look forward to trying the CEs to see if they have the same effect that you describe.

rolyateel said:
I started reading somewhere about using organic coconut oil topically so i gave it a try. The psoriasis just seems to fall off, my leg has hair growing back, the skin is pink and the itching has reduced to almost nothing.

I have been reading about coconut oil for a little while now. Coconut oil is supposed to be a good fighter of bacteria, fungus and virus if I remember correctly. (And I try to use coconut oil in cooking whenever I can.)

Now I am reading about DMSO, and it is also supposed to be good at fighting germs. And it can get into more parts of the body, like the skin and nails. So I am wondering if a mixture of DMSO and coconut oil might be really useful in treating fungus in the nails and the toes ("athlete's foot"). And maybe the mixture would be good for many other uses, as the DMSO might help the coconut oil get deeper and help more.

I plan to try this out when I get my order of liquid DMSO in a couple days. I already have a gel, but I think the liquid DMSO would be easier to mix with coconut oil.

Shijing said:
Sounds good -- lots of advice coming back is that this may be an intestinal problem, so I might do some reading and then look into taking the DMSO orally.

Have also a look at this post, "The Enema Within". It is a detailed and quite funny report about colonic cleansing. Notice also the following mention and thread on the "Blessed Herbs Colon Cleansing Kit". It could be that you need a more intense intestinal cleansing. I tried this product and I was amazed what came out of me, to say the least!

Shijing said:
FWIW, I seem to have two kinds of psoriasis -- the first kind was dry and patchy, would crack open, and appeared only on my hands. Changing my diet seems to have been the only thing necessary to treat this. The other kind (which appears on the back of my head too, as well as other areas) tends to be weepy, with fluid that ends up crusting over into scaly patches (sorry everyone for the gross-out, but that's what it is!). This is the kind I'm trying to treat with the current recommendations (including coconut oil now!).

Interesting that you mention this. I had somewhat similar symptoms to you about this time last year, which spurred me to shift towards an anti-candida diet with distilled water, good fats, no dairy, gluten, soy and the whole box and dice. The first stage of my skin problems was itchy underarms that, once scratched, led to the weepy fluid you described. This lasted for a month or so and was likely exacerbated by prescribed antibiotics (big mistake). The second stage involved red skin under my eyes (which I initially mistook for sunburn, having fallen asleep on a plane trip next to the window lol!), which lasted two weeks before fading. By the time the third stage came around, it was dry skin over parts of my face and body. A few weeks later, I was on a role with fighting candida (or whatever it was) and six weeks later it was about 99% gone. Only my dry scalp remained, which I've had since I was a child (likely due to a childhood diet of dairy and gluten). No amount of fish oil or good diet has fixed this.

In the last few weeks, I've experienced a repeat of the above stages, despite no deviations from my diet, although something small may have slipped through without my knowledge. A month ago I did test myself with a gluten free pasta and cream based sauce and my stomach was complaining afterwards. The last time I had a cream-based sauce was over a year ago and I never had a reaction like that. The sensitivity is definitely back - and that's a darn good thing, actually.

Anyway, despite my relapse of skin issues, instead of lasting months they lasted a few days and was about 10% of the severity of last year, which is interesting. I've read elsewhere in detox books and on the forum that heavy metals need to removed or else candida can return quite easily. So it seems to me that it's very important to really go after the heavy metals in order to finally address any persistent symptoms of remaining toxicity. Now, I should mention that I have never used colonics (except the oral, herbal variety) or any sort of enema, so I completely understand your reluctance. But the more I read through this thread, the more I'm thinking if we really want to beat this thing completely and not have it continually coming back to bite us, we need to get serious.

After reading the threads that Data mentioned, should we seek out a health clinic to undergo colonics and enemas?

Be careful with cayenne... it's a nightshade. Even a speck of it sends me into pain for weeks.

Back
Top Bottom