What's the weather where you are?

Unusually warm for this time of year for us on the Mid-North Coast NSW, Australia- blue skies and tops of 24-27 degrees Celsius. A week ago we had torrential rain and thunderstorms for a few days. It's normally starts to cool off as we head into autumn, but summer wants to hang around, or so it seems.

Still very cold here in Québec, minus 14C and we had another snowstorm a couple of days ago.

Hah, beutiful sunny day in Split, Dalmatia. Spent a couple of hours on Bucche Beach. Sea water temp was 12/13 °C - like OK for Cold Protocol practice. So i've recorded this short video and uploaded it on Vimeo. My first video EVER :-[

:boat:

Still very cold here in Québec, minus 14C and we had another snowstorm a couple of days ago.

Yeah, here too. Snow and ice still in the yard - -20's in many places with snow advisories foretasted for today (Alberta).

Fwiw, here is the Farmers Almanac forecast for the summer in Canada - its drawn out so you can seek ahead to the area's in which one lives (there is one for the US too):

Europe is predicted here in a set of maps.

EFFIS - Long-term seasonal forecast of temperature and rainfall anomalies

Last edited:
In the Netherlands, records were broken once again last weekend with the hottest 7th and 8th of April ever recorded.

Amsterdam had 21° and 22° C. which was 11° and 12° C. above the historical average for those days.

Spring came in with a bang, so to speak. ;-D

Storming to beat the band right now in SW France. Very unusual storm for Spring - more like a late summer thunderstorm with wild winds and driving rain. Crazy!

Caught a blizzard in the highway in Northern Central Spain today. I checked the traffic and weather report before leaving and there was no notice of blizzards. There was snow in the weather forecast a few days ago, but they changed it to rain yesterday.

I was behind the snowplow by several kms, but the wind piled some snow back in the highway. And people thought me crazy for driving still with my shovel and snow chains in the trunk. Anyway, it went well. Temperature was 0.5 degrees Celsius.

Reactions: Ca.
Quite warm and cloudy in Split and Dalmatia - if not for clouds it would be rather hot... Reportedly yesterday in Dubrovnik it was measured 30° C!:whistle:

Also it seems that Saharian air is all over the place - where it rains it brings down dust/sand down - and meteo services announced that the following week could be a summer like:umm: due to hot air front from Sahara...

Dusty and hot - MAMMA MIA!!!

I'm in the SE of the US. Last week we had beautiful weather here - almost summer like. Yesterday it dropped low enough to snow. We had really light flurries on and off all day in my neck of the woods.

Saw this on facebook just now and it seems to be so true:
Was just thinking about this meme when I saw you posted it.

Back
Top Bottom