Session 14 April 2018

Thank you for the new session! Something that I have always had trouble understanding, is how do incompetent get to such degree of power? I mean most of these elite are born into wealthy family. Is that it? Is the wealth of their parents enough? I don't know, it's an issue that keeps boggling my mind. And it's not just politicians, it's CEOs, the military...etc. How many do you think are truly competent? Do you think that pathology run in families/bloodlines and these families breed incompetence and psychopathy? Let's say the person that founded this family may have been competent and hence be able to get far in life, but then everyone else is useless? I don't know, it's something I have trouble wrapping my mind around.

As I understand it, there is no correlation between competence and psychopathy. Psychopaths may ot may not be competent, depending on what field one is competent in.

Ah ok, I was always under the impression that psychopath were average. However, they excelled in the art of deception and manipulation. But if what you say is right, then it would explain how they can accumulate power.

Have you read Samenow? Everyone should read that and apply it to themselves.
The bottom line is, you're playing games. If you want to keep playing games with people, find another sand box.

Interesting point. When I was reading Samenow, I was thinking: when the felons were in the group they had to speak about their inner thoughts, and Samenow was there to point out their poor thinking, which the target felon would take on, and the other felons could also look into themselves and think about/practice. I wish I had someone wdo would point out my poor thinking for me. and now it occurs to me (Doh!) that this is what the forum is about! Thank you Artemis

Last edited:
As I understand it, there is no correlation between competence and psychopathy. Psychopaths may ot may not be competent, depending on what field one is competent in.

Psychopaths want power and they achieve it to a certain extent, when they have an objective to take revenge on someone they don't like or for other reasons that come from their thought errors, they make tactical mistakes that at a given moment turn against them.

Attention-Based Model of psychopathic behavior:

" ...psychopathic individuals display normal abilities to avoid monetary punishment when this is their only goal. However, they exhibit deficits in the ability to avoid monetary punishment when the task also involves a goal of earning monetary rewards. It is suggested that when their primary goal is earning reward, they are unable to reallocate attention to cues of potential punishment.

Neuropsychological studies have tried to further clarify the nature of the attentional deficits. Research suggests that there are two mechanisms of attention that regulate the processing of irrelevant, distracting information in the environment. One process occurs early and is involved in perceiving and recognizing external information (perceptual selection), and the other occurs later and is involved in suppressing the effects of irrelevant distractors once they have been recognized (cognitive control). The suggestion is that psychopaths have deficits particularly in this early phase— they do not perceive and recognize appropriate signals in the environment and therefore do not attend to cues that should guide their behavior. As a result, psychopathic individuals may have "

What kind of thinking led you to think this was a good or useful idea? It sounds like something a nosy, somewhat obnoxious, child would do.

I was wondering the same thing Shijing. At any point during your decision to share this personal information with a stranger without context did it occur to you to stop and examine your motives for doing so, or even consider asking the parties involved if it was a good idea?

I can kind of understand the impetus for wanting to share anonymous NO reading samples with an 'expert', to see how the results compare. But that you acted on this idea first, without questioning your own thinking or even asking here on the forum if the idea was a good one, is not surprising really, considering your history of similar actions.

It just seems to me like the most basic act of consideration, to check first with those involved before doing something that might be considered invasive or questionable. That's what the forum is for after all.

I translated this Session to german and was told i could just attach it here as a file. It contains also tags/links that are supposed to work in the forum, as I tested in a post preview, so watch out if saving the file with a word processor or similar instead of a simple text editor.

Hi mrtn,

The German translation team has been notified of your translation and as soon as they have the time, since it is a small team, they will do the proofreading and publish the session.

Thanks

I was wondering the same thing Shijing. At any point during your decision to share this personal information with a stranger without context did it occur to you to stop and examine your motives for doing so, or even consider asking the parties involved if it was a good idea?

I can kind of understand the impetus for wanting to share anonymous NO reading samples with an 'expert', to see how the results compare. But that you acted on this idea first, without questioning your own thinking or even asking here on the forum if the idea was a good one, is not surprising really, considering your history of similar actions.

It just seems to me like the most basic act of consideration, to check first with those involved before doing something that might be considered invasive or questionable. That's what the forum is for after all.

Yeah I get paranoid just linking to/citing this forum's information when I'm talking in other forums. I'm even that way with SOTT where I sometimes link to the original article. It can be hard to balance a public forum with not wanting to be the cause of trouble for the forum. I could also see myself being paranoid about adding noise to the forum via asking permission to link to information here. If I linked to this discussion while talking in a forum to someone familiar with NO, would I be any different than Shijing? I have mentioned NO in other forums but I don't think I've done any linking yet.

I have a personality for which David Keirsey says:

They may demonstrate a tendency to take deliberate liberties with logic. They see logic as something optional. INFPs also may, at times, assume an unwarranted familiarity with a domain, because their global, impressionistic way of dealing with reality may have failed to register a sufficient number of details for mastery.

No idea what Shijing's personality is, but I have actually liked his research style even when I disagree with the conclusions or consider them too vague. I like Tony Smith's research style too even though he uses his math mastery in very impressionistic kinds of ways at times and even gets into things that are beyond where his math can go (no idea what Tony's personality actually is either). All personalities kind of have their strengths and their areas for potential problems.

Apart from the thumbnails, the images are not accessible without login/account, so just showing them to somebody else is quite a different thing than just linking to the forum via an URL.

Thanks everyone. Another great session. The show is definitely getting more erratic. I don't know if this is relevent but I've been looking into C. Silver and it actually protects- stops your genes from altering. Just throwing it out there!!!!! Thanks guys and girls for your hard work.

A: Dionysius syndrome activated! Earth reacting! All on track!

this song is almost like explaining it in contemporary sense

LIQUID SPIRIT - Gregory Porter

"Un re-route the rivers
Let the dammed water be
There’s some people down the way that’s thirsty
So let the liquid spirit free
The people are thirsty
'Cause of man’s unnatural hand
Watch what happens when the people catch wind
When the water hits the banks of that hard dry land
Clap your hands now
Go ‘head and clap your hands now
Clap your hands now
Go ‘head and clap your hands no, hmm
Get ready for the wave
It might strike like the final flood
The people haven’t drank is so long
The water won’t even make mud
After it comes, it might come with a steady flow
Grab the roots of the tree
Down by the river, fill your cup when your spirit’s low
Clap your hands now
Clap your hands now
Clap your hands now
Dip down and take a drank
And fill your water tank
Dip down and take a drank
And fill your water tank
Un re-route the rivers
Let the dammed water be
There’s some people down the way that’s thirsty
Let the liquid spirits free
The folk are thirsty
Because of man’s unnatural hand
Watch what happens when the people catch wind
Of the water hitting banks of hard dry land
Clap your hands now
Clap your hands now
Clap your hands now
Get down and take a drink
And fill your water tank
Dip down and take a drink
And fill your water tank
Liquid spirit
Liquid spirit
Liquid spirit"
Liquid spirit
Clap your hands now
Liquid spirit

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Solarmind,

Well, this is not exactly just related to this thread but since so many seem almost enamored with the Cs remarks about the "Dionysius syndrome activated" and forget the reading list Laura has given on the Dionysius subject, I think the chaos coming may not be quite as rosy as some are thinking.

Get ready for the wave
It might strike like the final flood

You might not even notice it until it sails over your head...

For instance, solarmind, there were previous issues you seem to have just let go without much response...

Also, if you re-read this whole thread I think you might find more helpful information.

That is a rather condescending reply solarmind. A few paragraphs is too long to read? Are you sure you're in the right place? No one is trying to "guru" you, just trying to help you see how your writing comes across. It seems you really don't care for honest feedback. Maybe you're in the :wrongbar:

I agree Beau, solarmind's response seemed rather snippy and uncalled for, considering that Ant22 was simply giving her own feedback to solarmind's original post that was mostly critical and complaining of the new forum layout.

I also noticed she responded positively to similar feedback from both Scottie and Luc who hold the positions of Administrator and Ambassador respectively, but she comes across as defensive towards a member without any particular title. It made me wonder if solarmind puts greater emphasis on a person's 'status' when formulating her replies.

Especially considering her remarks about gurus, promotions, ambassadors, sticks and notty (sic) pupils below...

Agree also. Read my signature. If you can't even deal with changing (to the better, really) software, how are you going to deal with larger changes in your life?

Mentioning these previous posts is not easy for me due to my own issues with not wanting to offend anyone as I am beginning to see as I read Healing Developmental Trauma - How Early Trauma Affects Self - Regulation. I am seeing a lot of my own blind spots so I have a long way to go in making corrections to my own life.

Music can be good I think but if it just soothes us without reflecting other realities then it can just hypnotize to ignore the more chaotic dangers we need to face.

Regarding the genetic studies thing... This popped up on my twitter feed. The study titled "The Genomic Formation of South and Central Asia" was posted on March 31, 2018 at biorxiv.org/content/early/2018/03/31/292581

LP=lactase persistence
mcuB5Yn.png

Abstract
The genetic formation of Central and South Asian populations has been unclear because of an absence of ancient DNA. To address this gap, we generated genome-wide data from 362 ancient individuals, including the first from eastern Iran, Turan (Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, and Tajikistan), Bronze Age Kazakhstan, and South Asia. Our data reveal a complex set of genetic sources that ultimately combined to form the ancestry of South Asians today. We document a southward spread of genetic ancestry from the Eurasian Steppe, correlating with the archaeologically known expansion of pastoralist sites from the Steppe to Turan in the Middle Bronze Age (2300-1500 BCE). These Steppe communities mixed genetically with peoples of the Bactria Margiana Archaeological Complex (BMAC) whom they encountered in Turan (primarily descendants of earlier agriculturalists of Iran), but there is no evidence that the main BMAC population contributed genetically to later South Asians. Instead, Steppe communities integrated farther south throughout the 2nd millennium BCE, and we show that they mixed with a more southern population that we document at multiple sites as outlier individuals exhibiting a distinctive mixture of ancestry related to Iranian agriculturalists and South Asian hunter-gathers. We call this group Indus Periphery because they were found at sites in cultural contact with the Indus Valley Civilization (IVC) and along its northern fringe, and also because they were genetically similar to post-IVC groups in the Swat Valley of Pakistan. By co-analyzing ancient DNA and genomic data from diverse present-day South Asians, we show that Indus Periphery-related people are the single most important source of ancestry in South Asia — consistent with the idea that the Indus Periphery individuals are providing us with the first direct look at the ancestry of peoples of the IVC — and we develop a model for the formation of present-day South Asians in terms of the temporally and geographically proximate sources of Indus Periphery-related, Steppe, and local South Asian hunter-gatherer-related ancestry. Our results show how ancestry from the Steppe genetically linked Europe and South Asia in the Bronze Age, and identifies the populations that almost certainly were responsible for spreading Indo-European languages across much of Eurasia.

Then I apologize. There was no personal data attached to the screen captures I shared, and I was hoping it would be helpful to get input from someone who had some professional experience working with NO; however, I'm sorry that you feel I violated your privacy and I'll make sure not to do so again.

What kind of an apology is that, you're sorry she 'feels' you've violated her privacy? You phrase it as if you haven't done anything wrong and are just being a super considerate person to her groundless feelings. She feels offended because you gave away her personal information, thus violating the forum rules. Let alone the thinking errors as Joe and others have pointed out.

Back
Top Bottom