Jordan Peterson: Gender Pronouns and Free Speech War

I thought so too. It was refreshing that these women had no agenda and appeared genuinely happy to have the opportunity to interview him.

I really enjoyed this too, it’s nice to see JBP so relaxed. I love Christina Hoff Summers, she is a rational voice against intersectional feminism and leftist ideology. Her talk with Camille Lapaglia is also worth a watch.

Peterson apparently believes the British deep state's narrative that Jeremy Corbyn is a dangerous anti-Semite:

In his tweet, he recommends that Britons not elect the opposition leader into office, while linking to a Quillette article that essentially repeats the MSM slurs about Corbyn being on a mission to gas the Jews.

:nuts:

Yep.

This is why networking is important. I think one of the most prescient bits of advice I heard for living effectively in our realm is that no single source of information can possibly come close to accounting for the whole of Reality.

At best we get small facets of Truth, with each one of us being responsible for seeing as clearly as possible through the one little window we are provided, through our eyes and ears and the unique spatial and temporal locations of our bodies. You're the only one who can be exactly where you are in the moment you are in it! A humbling thought, I find. You are given one precious speck of reality to mind; one polished bit of the Grand Cut Diamond which looks in on the Source, and it's your job to keep that surface polished and to see clearly.

Where it is difficult with a figure like JBP is that he occupies an elevated status in the media, so unlike any of us regular slobs, his errors are magnified. That's the cross he's bearing, as per his own best prescription for how to live; it's scary to consider, mistakes can really hurt you and the world, but it's a far worse thing to defer to fear and not take on the burden. Imagine if there was a Jordan shaped hole in the cultural discussion today? If he never stepped up? Now that's a frightening thought.

Elon Musk is another such figure. His conventional anti-human views on Global Warming, I suspect, are a convenient front put in service to his electric car business. He's not doing the work necessary to keep his facet of the diamond clear of murk.

Only through networking the incoming signals from lots and lots of sources can we estimate a true picture of the whole.

I really enjoyed this too, it’s nice to see JBP so relaxed. I love Christina Hoff Summers, she is a rational voice against intersectional feminism and leftist ideology. Her talk with Camille Lapaglia is also worth a watch.
I just finished the Femsplaining vid. What a pleasure. The hosts were knowledgable about Peterson's work, let him talk, and responded to what actually he said. Who knew?

The best part was they made him feel welcome and comfortable, so Peterson was willing to expand a bit more on his youth, his wife and kids and how he applied the Rules in managing his own life. Delightful. I'll be checking out their interview with Camille. That one should be a cracker.:grad:

This short video is apposite to the discussion above in respect of his friends such as Rubin:

It is worth watching just to see him get emotional at the end when he talks about his life now. It got me going too.

He tends to get emotional when discussing that very same point elsewhere, and when you think about it... it has to be a crazy sensation, to feel so utterly hated by a large and loud group of people and then to walk around being super careful about what you say because you know that it will be dissected by your detractors but at the same time to have, everywhere you go, anonymous voices who continue to tell you that what you’re doing matters so much that their lives changed. That what you’re doing made such an impact that they’re so grateful for your existence and your work and the pain you’ve put yourself through.

It must be overwhelmingly humbling, almost too much to bear for most of us.

He tends to get emotional when discussing that very same point elsewhere, and when you think about it... it has to be a crazy sensation, to feel so utterly hated by a large and loud group of people and then to walk around being super careful about what you say because you know that it will be dissected by your detractors but at the same time to have, everywhere you go, anonymous voices who continue to tell you that what you’re doing matters so much that their lives changed. That what you’re doing made such an impact that they’re so grateful for your existence and your work and the pain you’ve put yourself through.

It must be overwhelmingly humbling, almost too much to bear for most of us.

Indeed and so very gratifying to see that he has such widespread support and appreciation. I think that people instinctively realise that what he did in standing up to the social justice bullies took a considerable amount of bravery. He saw a policy and law being implemented and it would have been so very easy to just go with the flow and keep his head down. He spoke up however and immediately made himself a target. That is one of the hardest things to do, in life, I think. I suspect that we have a deeply set instinct to not go against the herd because for much of our time as a species that had the very real potential of calling into question our continued existence. If we were not outright killed by the rest of the tribe then we might be cast out which would probably amount to the same thing.

This is why networking is important. I think one of the most prescient bits of advice I heard for living effectively in our realm is that no single source of information can possibly come close to accounting for the whole of Reality.
I missed JBP attempt at dispensing political advice to foreign countries. He sometimes wonders off in directions that make me wonder "Why is he going there?" My suspicion is that he doesn't even know history well enough to deal with Solzhenitsyn's work.

JBP might just be ready for a "time out" as otherwise he may fall like Icarus. His visit at the American Enterprise Institute was not , of course IMHO, a badge of honor. :-)

With regard to Corbyn. Since he is getting so much heat from MSM he must be doing something right. Micron is the prefect example of this in reverse. He was so perfect that MSM saw no issue with him but Marine Le Pen was evil incarnate.

Indeed and so very gratifying to see that he has such widespread support and appreciation. I think that people instinctively realise that what he did in standing up to the social justice bullies took a considerable amount of bravery. He saw a policy and law being implemented and it would have been so very easy to just go with the flow and keep his head down. He spoke up however and immediately made himself a target. That is one of the hardest things to do, in life, I think. I suspect that we have a deeply set instinct to not go against the herd because for much of our time as a species that had the very real potential of calling into question our continued existence. If we were not outright killed by the rest of the tribe then we might be cast out which would probably amount to the same thing.

Indeed he did, and he speaks of this sometimes like, all that it would take is 20 professors to say no, and this nonsense would stop, yet they don't say it. No different that 20 influential journalists to say enough is enough, yet they don't say it et cetera et cetera.

Was thinking that when the C's once said, help is on the way, and whatever that means, one might consider that it has been people like JP who are a part of that help, and perhaps, optimistically, others will find their voice to help rebalance the obvious societal tilt.

I came across this video of a conversation hosted by BBC 5 at a boxing gym between JBP and a few young men who (through boxing and discipline) have managed to turn their lives around. This whole business of toxic masculinity BS is causing so much harm to men, It’s a real plight and no wonder JBP gets so emotional when he hears that young men have been able to get their acts together.

Since this topic is also about the "Free Speech War" in general, I thought I would share an interesting video clip between two left-of-center bloggers online: Hasan Piker and Kyle Kulinski. Kulinski I've heard before on Joe Rogan, and was really impressed with to be frank, since as a self-described social democrat he is intelligent, sane, and non-ponerized compared to many other left wingers who are held up in caricature by centrists and right-wingers. His opponent is more opposed to what's known on the left as "free speech absolutism," but I think Kyle makes a persuasive case for it here:

Full interview is here:

Since this topic is also about the "Free Speech War" in general,...

Peterson's Daughter just had a problem with Utube shutting down her account and removing one of her videos.

04.01.2019 - Jordan Peterson says YouTube shut down his Daughter's Account due to Politics
Jordan Peterson Says YouTube Shut Down His Daughter's Account Due to Politics

The criticism came after Mikhaila Peterson posted a tweet with a screenshot from YouTube which informed her that her video had been removed because it allegedly violated the platform's policy on "spam and deceptive practices".

In an interview with Fox & Friends, Peterson said that it's "impossible to tell" whether YouTube had moved to censor his daughter's account because of the platform's disagreement with her political stance.

And that's exactly the problem. The information they provided to my daughter wasn't of sufficient detail to inform her about what they had done. And even in the statement that you just described, there's no indication of what happened or why the mistake was made or why they reversed their policy", he noted.

Reactions: Ca.
Sorry for the double post but I’ve just crossed the 50:00 mark and they’ve just started discussing the papers in question and it’s actually really hilarious, oh man! No spoilers but oh wow! The things that were reviewed and approved for publication are insane! Well worth the watch!

Sorry for the double post but I’ve just crossed the 50:00 mark and they’ve just started discussing the papers in question and it’s actually really hilarious, oh man! No spoilers but oh wow! The things that were reviewed and approved for publication are insane! Well worth the watch!

Yup, crazy, and glad they could still laugh about it given the circumstances.

Here is the SoTT backstory.

{Peter Boghossian} These professors are looking at the classrooms as an ideology mill...

JP said:
They know absolutely nothing whatsoever about biology...

Helen Pluckrose said:
(on the papers)...they can look at our references, they can look at our arguments that they enabled us to make...

James Lindsay said:
(on reading some of the background cited papers)...really really painstaking to pour through these papers...I went into dark places and dark psychological places...

JP said:
(activist indoctrination)...its such a corrosive and cynical view of the world...

JP asks some important questions in the last 10 min. and gets some interesting answers. It ends on some serious personal matters.

These folks need support!

Nice quote here from Peterson:

"Consciousness is a mystery that faces the mystery of potential and transforms it into actuality. We do that with every choice we make. Our choices determine the destiny of the world. By making a choice, you alter the structure of reality."

Last edited by a moderator:
Earlier today Jordan announced his new site JBP Daily:

This platform has been designed so that the people who have supported Jordan, and those who still want to, can get something back. The support over the last two years has been overwhelming and has made Jordan’s life a bit less stressful. Thank you. We’re hoping this platform can improve your daily lives.

This is a simple way to stay connected to what Jordan is doing in a more intimate manner.

Monthly subscription is $9.99/month and includes:
  • Access to our private discussion forum (with special guest AMAs)
  • Exclusive video of a full lecture from the 12 Rules tour
  • Weekly member-only newsletter
  • Monthly video Q&A
  • Event pre-sale codes (when available)

Yearly subscription is $99.99/year and includes the monthly offerings plus:
  • Free access to the Understand Myself personality assessment (regular price $9.95)
  • Access to the Future Authoring (regular price $14.95)
  • Limited-time bonus: Sign up by February 15th to receive free access to Dr. Peterson’s first ever online video course, Introduction to Personality (coming soon — regular price $99.95)
This challenging new eight-part video course includes over five hours of lectures. Detailed course notes accompany each lecture. This is real university style education.

Back
Top Bottom