Jordan Peterson: Gender Pronouns and Free Speech War

As an example of just how inane the level of public discourse has become, and how mendacious the Western press is, check out this list from today of the UK Independent's 'most popular' stories. (third one down)

Attachments

• Indy-Peterson.jpg
    Indy-Peterson.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 66
So I clicked on the article, and it's totally outrageous as a supposed 'informed' or even accurate opinion piece.

Jordan Peterson's remarks show how Nazi apologism has crept back into our politics

Jordan Peterson's shocking remarks remind us how Nazi apologism has crept back into our political debate
There are many instances in which Holocaust comparisons are inappropriate, but using the Holocaust to minimise the moral repugnance of a government’s policy is an act far more offensive to the memory of its victims

In life it’s wise to be wary of those who tell you they’re free-thinkers; like fame, free-thinking is something better displayed than proclaimed.

To the casual observer, Jordan Peterson bears all the hallmarks an intellectual powerhouse: bestselling books, a professorship in clinical psychology at the University of Toronto and, in a currency that’s increasingly relevant, more than a million YouTube subscribers. A closer look, however, reveals that he’s been providing pseudo-science bullets for the alt-right’s online infantry for some time (including such gems as how serotonin levels in lobsters might justify the gender pay gap).

Footage emerged this week, from a podcast recorded last year, of the professor discussing the conditions that led to the Holocaust. There was the normal equating of fascist and Antifa, on account of the latter’s "proclivity to violence" (as if violence were a moral constant); there was discussion of Hitler’s bravery during the First World War, as well as the revelation that "[he] was very sensitive to disgust". According to Peterson (and I’ve no reason to doubt him), Hitler used Zyklon, an easy version of the gas used in the gas chambers at Auschwitz, to clean rats from German factories – and this, along with the economic instability in post-Versailles Germany, to Peterson’s mind, is evidence that the Holocaust was a logical progression.

That the Holocaust followed a series of logical progressions is, in a sense, true: if one were to reverse-engineer the Final Solution, each step would appear to follow rationally from the one before.

But this – as if it even needs saying – is not proof that the Holocaust was logical (and so unavoidable, an objective response to some natural phenomenon, an earthquake or a weather front for example) but that it was the endpoint of a deliberate process that had started many years before; a process that was constantly testing its contributors by moving the conversation further and further towards what would once have been unthinkable.

A process that began with words and ended with bodies.

Footage also emerged this week from the US-Mexico border of US border agents firing tear gas at beleaguered asylum seekers. This too was not the first stage in a process.

In response to images of toddlers in nappies fleeing smoking canisters, newly-elected Democratic congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez tweeted of her shame: "Asking to be considered a refugee isn’t a crime… It wasn’t for Jewish families fleeing Germany… And it isn’t for those fleeing violence in Central America." The tweet was quickly picked up on by Senator Lindsey Graham who suggested Ocasio-Cortez visit the Holocaust museum in Washington to "better understand the differences".
Watch more

There are many instances in which Holocaust comparisons are inappropriate, but using the Holocaust to minimise the moral repugnance of a government’s policy is an act far more offensive to the memory of its victims.

What Graham’s comments display is a mirror image of Peterson’s: while one seeks to contemporise the past as a way of making its horrors seem logical and therefore justified, the other cultivates a historical blind spot which places us outside of history, and so frees us to ignore its lessons and repeat its mistakes. Both are apologia that work at once retrospectively and pre-emptively.

Peterson appears to excuse the Nazis by drawing comparisons to our own current economic concerns,
while Graham excuses Trump (and his own complicity) by treating each of his choices as the response to an objective condition, and not the response to a previous choice in a campaign of his own making (one of dehumanisation) that makes firing tear gas at toddlers appear to be a logical step.

But, of course, what both fail – or, more likely, refuse – to do is examine the premise on which such logical steps are taken. For Peterson, Hitler’s "othering" of the Jews and the other people he "went after" was more than a useful political tool; it was a response to some visceral, microbial disgust that operates beneath the level of reasoned thought and so, ironically, can also be forgiven. Once you accept this premise, that a group of people can be considered ‘less than’, what happens next is inevitable.

And then they have the gall to add the bottom:

"Support free-thinking journalism and subscribe to Independent Minds"

Peterson's response on fb:
Congratulations, Mr. Greene. You have now written the article that misrepresents my viewpoint more perniciously than any journalist has yet managed. And the competition is intense. Nazi apologism? I was documenting the dangerous progression, not the logical progression.

Haha, oh how I love his way of turning the tables on them...

Interestingly, JP said of his busy itinerary that he will be speaking to The Trilateral Commission.

well, that caught my eye aswell... I was wondering whether THAT could be so turning point to his reception here in Germany. At one point (from only my perspective) it seemed to tilt and he became a no-no, not worthy to be touched any further, and this was already the so called alt-right comment which appeared (for me) out of the blue.

And there was a pic of Peterson being in drag make-up, dont know what the story is to this, but that such photographs are used to make an official point on someone clearly signals that ppl are now intended to go below the belt.

Shakhnazarov: Liberals Are Mentally Ill, Need to Work Out Their Inferiority Complex to the West

I have one problem with what he is saying,

Мы хотим ....
We want ....

I'm not so sure about this "We". When I was there no one told me ANYTHING like that. Shakhnazarov is repeating a Myth. The average Russian , I am willing to guess, wanted a normal way of Life. What they got instead through help of a "special group" was highway robbery. There was no "Rules to live by" in joining of the Western Club. The Rules served Russia in 1990 are today being served to the average American, Debt Serf Existence.

1, 2 and 3

Over the past few years, we’ve examined more news items from the transgender agenda wars than I can keep track of. Of course, the ones that seem to draw the most attention are the stories involving children in public schools and activists’ demands regarding access to bathrooms, locker rooms and showers.

All too often, these debates are engaged in by armies of politicians, lobbyists, mainstream journalists and bloggers. The arguments always seem to focus on more clinical questions of privacy, freedom of speech or expression, and the claims that society is trying to “erase the existence” of people by not allowing boys into the girls’ showers.

What’s too often missing are the voices of some of the students who are most directly affected. Oh, sure… you can find endless interviews with the transgender students who are supposedly being oppressed by society.

But what about the actual boys and girls (not to mention their parents) who are suddenly losing their privacy rights when schools impose transgender agenda policies, sometimes without even informing the students and parents in advance? We find one of these stories in a recent guest opinion piece at USA Today written by Alexis Lightcap, a high school student from Boyertown, Pennsylvania.

Alexis wound up in precisely the situation I described above. With no official notification to the students or the community, Alexis suddenly found herself face-to-face with a boy in the girl’s bathrooms. I hope you read her entire story, but this portion was particularly compelling.

I’m OK with the school district’s desire to hear voices other than mine on this issue. But I have a voice, too — and Boyertown officials have little interest in my perspective. They didn’t even bother to tell me or the other students that they changed school policy to allow students to choose their locker rooms and restrooms based not on their sex, but on their beliefs about their gender.

The moment I walked into our girls’ restroom and found a boy standing there, I turned and fled — the school’s surveillance video caught me running out. I tried to get the attention of administrators to explain to them how uncomfortable — how scared — I felt sharing the girls’ restroom with a boy. They wouldn’t listen. The principal simply wrote down my concerns on a Post-it note and said he’d contact me soon. He never did.

My parents were no less shocked by this new policy. Boyertown officials kept it a secret from them, too. The administrators never sent home a memo saying that, from now on, our school locker rooms would be open to students based on what sex students believed themselves to be.

The entire story is distressing and Alexis and her friends have every right to be heard. Particularly in 2018, you would think that the fears of a school girl who feels herself to be potentially in danger of sexual assault would merit more attention. But the only voices being listened to or broadcast by the media were those of the transgender activists.

Now Alexis and her friends and family have requested that the Supreme Court look into her case.

Will this finally be the case which breaks through to the highest level of our court system and sheds some of the light of sanity on this deteriorating situation? We’re going to need an answer sooner or later.

The nation deserves an answer from the courts before this politically correct madness becomes the new normal and it’s too late to turn back the clock.

And when in comes down to Milos alleged smartness, I would suggest that there are quite a number of people out there who were gifted by nature with similar fast cognitive abilities that translate very quickly into a fairly articulate and fast speaking mouth. People who are gifted with such fast articulate mouthy abilities often think they are superior and smarter than others simply because they can engage verbally with others so fast and have a smart answer right away for everything in a matter of split seconds. I think viewing such people as "outstanding", "smart" and "leader like" is a trend that is very common in our society and is a big part of the reason why Milo is so successful and famous.

Milo is certainly famous (or infamous rather) and highly intelligent (by his own admission), but perhaps not as smart or successful as he thinks he is. If the following story from the Guardian is true, he is not so smart in either business or financial matters.

Milo Yiannopoulos 'more than $2m in debt', Australian promoters' documents show

The far right activist Milo Yiannopoulos was more than $2m in debt during 2018, according to a collection of documents assembled by his former Australian tour promoters and seen by Guardian Australia. Creditors listed in the documents include employees of his company, a wedding venue and his former sponsors, the billionaire Mercer family.

The documents indicate that as of April 2018, Yiannopoulos owed $1.6m to his own company, $400,000 to the Mercers, $153,215 to his former lawyers, $76,574 to former collaborator and Breitbart writer Allum Bokhari, and $20,000 to the luxury jewellery brand Cartier.

As of 2 October, Yiannopoulos owed sums of several thousand dollars to far right writers including Ian Miles Cheong, anti-Islamic ideologue Pamela Geller and science fiction writer Theodore Beale, aka Vox Day, the documents indicate, amongst others.

And speaking of Vox Day (aka Theodore Beale), the essay where Milo trashes JP in a fit of envy and hurt feelings is actually from his introduction to a new book (novel-length hit piece) by Vox Day called - Jordanetics: A Journey Into the Mind of Humanity's Greatest Thinker.

https://www.amazon.com/Jordanetics-Journey-Humanitys-Greatest-Thinker-ebook/dp/B07JY9XV38

From the book's description:

Of course, Jordan Peterson also happens to be a narcissist, a charlatan, and an intellectual con man who doesn't even bother to learn the subjects upon which he lectures. He is a defender of free speech who silences other speakers, a fearless free-thinker who never hesitates to run away from debates, difficult questions, and controversial issues, a philosopher who rejects the conventional definition of truth, and a learned professor who has failed to read most of the great classics of the Western canon. He is, in short, a shameless and unrepentant fraud who lacks even a modicum of intellectual integrity.

And who is this Vox Day?

He is the son of former WorldNetDaily pundit and convicted tax evader Robert Beale.

Vox Day - Wikipedia

Personal life
Beale allegedly has a several children.[64]As of 2015 he lived in Northern Italy.[65]

Political views
Beale describes himself as a Christian nationalist.[66] He has been described as a prominent member of the alt-right movement by several outlets, such as Breitbart, Vox, Wired,[25] and Business Insider.[67] Writing for Publishers Weekly, Kimberly Winston described Beale as a "fundamentalist Southern Baptist", [18] but other journalists have made more pointed characterizations, such as Mike VanHelder's assertion in Popular Science that Beale's views are "white supremacist."[68]

White supremacy
Day has been supportive of the white supremacist Fourteen Words slogan,[69] promoting it in his Sixteen points of the Alt-Right,[70][71] which placed the sentence "we must secure the existence of white people and a future for white children" as the fourteenth point.[72]

Concerning the notion of white supremacy, Day has said, "white supremacy simply isn't true. Whites are not superior, but whites are the only tribe willing and able to maintain Western civilization because they are the only tribe that truly values it. The answer for those who support Western civilization, regardless of sex, color, or religion, is to embrace white tribalism, white separatism, and especially white Christian masculine rule."[73]

Birds of a feather, as they say...

Just finished this one:

I must say it’s a rather interesting conversation, particularly in the context of the latest Truth Perspective show on “The Crowd”. The people who are overwhelmingly worried with climate change seem to be doing so as a way to resonate with a crowd and manipulate them for power. But when it comes down to it, most of the things they’re proposing to address it would be super expensive and have no benefit or very little, which explains the yellow vest situation in France, which they touch upon briefly.

JBP posits a good question: if you’re worried about the dispossessed, why wouldn’t you, when presented with this data, jump on the opportunity to make their lives easier starting today?

Back
Top Bottom