Spirit Release Therapy - A Retrospective

Just finished THE MYTH OF SANITY. A very sobering book with some very extreme problems. I didn't suffer any childhood abuse as described but feel I do have some very strong feelings from my my younger years. When I get certain feelings or a flashback ,for the life of me, I cannot remember any of the details involved and it's those details I feel I really need to remember. It's very frustrating as I think actual remembering of those is the key.

For me, I've let myself feel about what's happening in my life right now and the threads of memory from way back in the past start to emerge. The way I see it is when our primarily caregivers disconnect from their emotions to cope with life problems, we as children experience trauma. That's because we are emotionally neglected and abandoned in those moments. This is equivalent to being in the deep jungle with an experienced guide who falls asleep while the predators surround us. We are left open and left to deal with the terror of that. Often the only choice is some kind of disassociation. So it makes sense that we might have trouble remembering.

For me, I've let myself feel about what's happening in my life right now and the threads of memory from way back in the past start to emerge. The way I see it is when our primarily caregivers disconnect from their emotions to cope with life problems, we as children experience trauma. That's because we are emotionally neglected and abandoned in those moments. This is equivalent to being in the deep jungle with an experienced guide who falls asleep while the predators surround us. We are left open and left to deal with the terror of that. Often the only choice is some kind of disassociation. So it makes sense that we might have trouble remembering.

Yes alkhemst. I feel that way myself. With my Mum dying when I was three I think I took on my Dad's visible grief more so than my own loss. I never really stopped feeling his pain.

Yes alkhemst. I feel that way myself. With my Mum dying when I was three I think I took on my Dad's visible grief more so than my own loss. I never really stopped feeling his pain.
I'm sorry to hear about that, that must have been a lonely and harrowing experience for you as a young child. I imagine feeling compelled to try and carry your dad's grief couldn't have left you any room to even process what was happening for you.

Thank you Laura, I’m happy to have stumbled onto this one.

I’ve always had a shitty feeling about doing this for myself but have encouraged a loved one too do so in the past. :( now I feel a responsible. Another new scare for 2019. One of many.

Thank you Laura, I’m happy to have stumbled onto this one.

I’ve always had a shitty feeling about doing this for myself but have encouraged a loved one too do so in the past. :( now I feel a responsible. Another new scare for 2019. One of many.

Well, at least now you know better, chaps23. Depending on the details of the situation, you could also share this with the person involved, so he/she will know better, too.

Thank you Laura for this article, this reminds me of what happened a little while back that backfired on me somehow, I was seeing a friend's health deteriorating over months and offered advice when unwanted, which the friend took as an offense. I spent a few months trying to understand where I committed said offense, in retrospect, I can see that telling others without them asking is bad, I suppose I was arrogant there to believe I was doing the right thing, where maybe it was just wishful thinking? I'm working harder at not imposing my views and opinions on others now as I can see how selfish it really is.

The take-home message I finally understood was that, in a sense, SRT is a violation of free will. If a person gets "attached" it is usually because there is a frequency match between the individual - or some part of the individual - and the attaching entity, whether "dead dude" or elemental or demonic. If the entity is persuaded to leave, that doesn't change the individual's frequency; the only thing that can change the frequency is work on the self, by the self. That's the bottom line. And when a person thinks that "oh, it's easy, just do SRT and presto, problem solved!" they are much less inclined to do the very hard and painful work on the self. In a sense, you could say that the attaching entity is causing them the pain they COULD experience by choice, only with better ultimate results, i.e. changing their frequency, direction, and even reality.

Laura,
I think you raise some very valid points that I entirely agree with. As my mother used to say, "there's no such thing as a free lunch".

I used to work with Reiki myself but after some years, I stopped using Reiki as I came to the very same conclusion. Whatever frequency or karma a person is facing is theirs to work out.

What are your thoughts on using Reiki as a way to avoid doing the very hard and painful work on the self. I recall that the Cs have recommended Reiki on several occasions but to me it seems like a way to avoid doing the work one self. There may be some deeper points that I am missing?

Hi Thor,
It is my understanding that Laura was talking about Spirit Release Therapy not being ideal and an abridging of free will of a person, since a person needs to put in the work on themselves in order to address why they are spirit attached and not be re-attached again. And that using Reiki as a means to do SRT is not recommended at all for all the reasons listed in this thread. She wasn't saying that Reiki was a 'free lunch' and should be avoided.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for you comment. I agree that Laura was talking about SRT and not Reiki.

My question was that since SRT can be seen as a violation of free will where the person doesn't get to do their personal work, why is not Reiki as method of healing, also a similar violation of free will, where people do not get to do the necessary work to heal/rebalance their symptoms?

Hi Mike,

Thanks for you comment. I agree that Laura was talking about SRT and not Reiki.

My question was that since SRT can be seen as a violation of free will where the person doesn't get to do their personal work, why is not Reiki as method of healing, also a similar violation of free will, where people do not get to do the necessary work to heal/rebalance their symptoms?

There's a big difference between giving time and universal energy to an individual who can then use it as needed, and using your own energy to enforce a change within that individual.

Would you refuse emergency treatment to someone who is sick because that care does not make them totally well, only deals with a symptom thus allowing them time to gather their own resources to heal?

There's good, there's evil, and there's the specific situation that determines which is which.

I was just thinking if someone gives you the pieces you lack for some reason, you will never be you, you will be more lost.
I don't know, the point is to embrace yourself and trying to be more solid so you can see the world as it is. And if you have the will to heal yourself for other's sake as well then things come naturally.
But I think many of us tried to many tehniques like we were under a spell and nothing worked. What if just a pack of lies can form itself as a giant blockage in life, no aliens, spirits, or traumas? Or they are symbols of some sort of irregularity?

I think that Thor's question is very interesting since it's a good exemple of what we face everyday after having read, thought, discussed.. about the work, about material concerning spiritual awareness generally speaking. It's easy to get lost.

Knowledge protects but knowledge might imply a good/perfect understanding of the information we get. Problem is that the more we dig, we read, we think, the more we get confused because of misunderstandings, cointelpro, lies etc.
But, I do think that at some point, truth becomes clearer, step by step, as we go on looking for it but on the way, there so many paths, so many questions...

There's a big difference between giving time and universal energy to an individual who can then use it as needed, and using your own energy to enforce a change within that individual.

The subtility of this sentence is exactly what I meant. In both Reiki and SRT one could say that you give time and energy to the individual to make him feel better. But in Reiki, you just power him up so that he can do whatever he decides to. Of course, it could be different if you try to force someone to receive a Reiki session...

I was just thinking if someone gives you the pieces you lack for some reason, you will never be you, you will be more lost.

"Nobody can save us except ourselves". It's a kind of expression I read this morning in the Wave, Tome 3. It reminds me the famous sentence "help yourself, then the heaven will help you" or something like that. I also think you shouldn't receive any "part" from others but you could receive advices, energy, information to help you evolve and get back what you already know deep inside. Remember all this network stuff that Laura and her group developped with the C's help.
In fact, we might say that WE are the one to make choices but we can be guided, adviced to do it.

What if just a pack of lies can form itself as a giant blockage in life, no aliens, spirits, or traumas?

I think you got an important point here. We can be blocked by some means but some blockages come from ourselves as the "wishfull thinking" blocks STS 4D to go on evolving. Some of us use to create our own jail by making good stories (lies) about what we are, what we live, what we want, etc. This is why, the work means honesty with the self and the others, it's a first step towards freedom.

My 2 cents...

Laura,
I think this is a very interesting question so I hope you don't mind that I raise some questions about your assumptions.

Thor: I can see that "using your own energy to enforce a change" is wrong. However, someting troubles me about Reiki being something that anybody can pay a couple of hundred bucks for and be initiated into during a weekend course and then they're just able to channel universal energy. I know there are more nuances to it than that and that, as you've written in the Wave series and the Cs have commented on, some people don't really channel anything even though they've gone through the initiation. I suppose this will be determined by their FRV. . I've worked with Reiki and have had clients and I know that it does help threat the symptom. My understanding is that Reiki is channelled through me and what comes out of my hands is filtered based on the amount of work, I've done on myself. So if I give Reiki to someone and you give Reiki to that person, what they receive will be different based on our individual energetic and psychologic constitutions. Therefore, in my understanding, you are always "flavoring" the energy that is being channelled to the receiver of the treatment. As a minimum, I would pay very close attention to the person from whom I'd be receiving Reiki.

Would you refuse emergency treatment to someone who is sick because that care does not make them totally well, only deals with a symptom thus allowing them time to gather their own resources to heal?

Thor: No, I wouldn't do that. But I see other situations where I find it less clear cut. Let's say a person is suffering from depression. As I understand it this is due some consciousness Work they need to do on themselves. Most often it is the pain or suffering that gives people the incentive to do the Work. If you treat the symptom with Reiki the person may be grateful that the depression is no longer there and forget everything about the underlying causes. In such a situation Reiki would be closer in function to antidepressants in that it removes the pain of being depressed but doesn't remove the underlying cause of the depression.

There's good, there's evil, and there's the specific situation that determines which is which.

Thor: The way I understand this in this context is that Reiki can be good in certain situations but detrimental in others. I guess it comes down to the question of whether or not you can avoid or escape your karma. Or maybe when or through the intervention of whom, you can release your karma. In my understanding, Reiki is a psychic power that develops in certain individual along their spiritual development. In the yogic tradition it's called pranic healing. In the yogic tradition, the understanding is that psychic powers are temptations. If you start using them that is almost always a STS based action. In such cases the test to be passed is to avoid using the power. I believe that Gurdijeff came to somewhat the same conclusion about using his psychic powers to coerce other people to do as he wanted. For some people pranic healing or Reiki is part of their development path and they're meant to use it. They get the power to channel universal energy as the result of the work they've done on themselves and not based on taking a weekend course and an initiation. It is then up to their own awareness and integrity to determine when and to whom to administer Reiki.

I guess a fundmental question is whether you can avoid doing your karma. There are a couple of different scenarios:

1. Reiki helps alleviate the symptom, the karma remains but you no longer feel the symptom . Decreasing the pain can make it easier to work on the karma but may also remove the suffering that works as an incentive for change. This may delay their personal development.
  2. Reiki removes the symptom but as the underlying karma is still there, it will pop up somewhere else as it has not been resolved. The person may then seek to have this symptom removed by receiving more Reiki. If this is the case, giving Reiki to a person is actually delaying their development as it will take longer for them to resolve the underlying karma/do the required Work
  3. Reiki removes the suffering and the underlying karma: this would make Reiki somewhat of a developmental free lunch. It could be, however, that this can be administered by certain persons in certain situations. I recall that Paramahansa Yogananda in his Autobiography of a yogi gives an example of his master or his master's master relieving someone of some karma.
I don't know if my assumptions and understanding is correct but there's much too big an element of "free lunch" about the way that Reiki is being used in the west, in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thor,

Thor said:
I guess a fundmental question is whether you can avoid doing your karma.

I don't pretend know what Laura would/will say but I think your concept of "karma" needs to be reconsidered.

Session 30 August 2009:
Q: (L) Yes. What does the weather have to do with it? I just thought it was getting normal for summer – like oppressive and hot as Hades.

A: No not normal considering the overall trends. This was a result of 3D and 4D activity. Notice also how it affected others in less direct ways. Victoria still had gaps in her awareness. Ark, the remark about open eyes referred to her years observing those "others" and collecting information {Her eyes were “opened” regarding her former associates.} In other words, if her eyes were truly open at the time of the accident it would not have happened. It needed the cleansing of confession to erect that protective barrier. And that was her planned action. She was stopped in her "tracks" before that could occur.

Q: (Scottie) That was really bad... (Ark) Well, I'm not sure if I really understand what I want to ask. I understand that there were many factors that came together. But question is if such an end was somehow written in her karma? (Joe) Did she choose? You know, other sources always talk about people choosing to die - at some level there's a choice made. Is that the case here?

A: Too much credibility is given to the idea of "karma". Anybody can be "taken out" if their awareness is not sufficient to the situation. But as is the case, it follows the general rules of 3D reality. 4D STS can maneuver through agents mainly, environment, and that sort of thing.

Q: (L) So in other words, there are rules to the game, and her awareness just wasn't quite there yet. And there was also probably the block to her awareness due to the fact that she had not sincerely revealed things to everyone. I think that when a group of people are connected together that their mutual awareness is greater than the sum of its parts. (To Ark) Like you and I with our eyes open together and all of us here and the way we share and network. It increases the awareness, and she was still somewhat separated from that network because of this barrier that she hadn't come clean with everybody about everything. And I think it probably was working on her mind that she had information that she could have given everyone, and she probably struggled with it because everybody has a program about, "Well, I gave my word, have to keep a confidence, blah blah blah." And then she probably got to the point where she was willing to realize that she gave her word under manipulative conditions and it wasn't worth anything, and now was the time to take that final step of sincerity - in which case then she would have been completely connected into the network, and would have had the protection of networked awareness.

(Ark) So, in other words, if you decide to get faster car, you must also learn how to drive it.

(L) And also the thing about the dog being used as bait: I mean, maybe they weren't able to directly affect her mind with some of their beaming activities or their oppressive activities or the energies being transmitted, but maybe they could act on the dog so he became paralyzed on those train tracks, and she was trying to get him off, and he just simply wouldn't move, and she was completely occupied with that. (Joe) Was she in any way messed with psychologically to force dissociation or something to cause the accident, or was it just like you said?

A: Not exactly. But you can understand that she did have a great distracting mental burden. That was enough.

Any of us can be distracted and taken out. We probably should avoid interfering in someone's "karma" but we also have a challenge to survive whether it is our "karmic-debt" that needs resolving or just improving our awareness of the dangers we don't see in everyday life.

Giving Reiki to those in dire straights may be minor assistance in the larger scheme of things.

We are encouraged to pay strict attention to the lineage of our Reiki initiations as Laura has written about in many places. I think that will be an important step towards keeping the energy more pure so to speak.

Also, Reiki is mentioned in it's relation to "karma" in the following session.

Q: (L) Well, in the case of Reiki, what I specifically want to know is if, say an individual is psychically, spiritually, karmically, or otherwise wounded or discombobulated, does the application of Reiki symbols give messages to the electromagnetic field to re-form or re-arrange the pattern in the perfect pattern intended?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) And can repeated application of this, can not only physical things, but also etheric things, be healed? That is karma and so forth?

Q: (L) So that our continual use of Reiki and application to ourselves and each other literally would cleanse us from our karmic burdens, memories or scars of the soul?

There is no magic bullet but sometimes we need all the help we can get I think.

goyacobol,

That sounds pretty much like a magic bullet to me :-). The positive way to interpret the Cs answer is that Reiki is really, really helpful. The suspicious way to interpret the answer is that there must be more to the picture than meets the eye as it could be understood to say, just do Reiki and that'll take care of more or less everything.

I'd love, if time permits in a future session, for Laura to probe into the benefits, limits and correct circumstances for right application of Reiki.

Back
Top Bottom