Jordan Peterson’s wife, Tammy, still in hospital after surgery complications

Thanks for posting the update Voyageur! I'm relieved to hear that she's doing better. And that does sound like quite a miraculous healing experience, so perhaps the prayers of everyone concerned about her from around the world helped.

That is really wonderful news for the whole family. Amazing grace, indeed! :love:

Yes, amazing grace!

JP's weekly released today has short update:

On the personal front: I am back in Toronto with my wife, Tammy, after she underwent a successful catheterized medical procedure in Philadelphia. They released her, to our great surpise, two weeks ago. She is now free of all IVs and external tubes and is regaining both her weight and her strength with amazing rapidity. We’re still shocked by how quickly the situation reversed (she was suffering from chylous ascites due to a kidney removal, made necessary by a cancerous tumor. Chylous ascites is a condition where lymphatic fluid drains, often at a high rate, into the abdomen because of damage to the lymph system). We actually managed to visit our small cottage north of Toronto in the Muskoka region for a few days. It was very calming to be somewhere familiar (our house is currently under renovation, and we’ve been staying at an airBnB close to the hospital where Tammy spent the last few months in Toronto). She had a CT scan yesterday to check for recurrence of cancer, so now we have to wait for the results of that. However, the last three scans were clear, and she appears to be in increasingly good health, with no pain, so perhaps we’ve dodged the bullet.

I'm glad they got away from what they have all been through together. And indeed it looks good for Tammy! :-)

Just jumping on to post an update (from JP's weekly):

On the personal front: My wife had a CT scan last week to detect potential recurrence of the cancer that has been plaguing her. It was clear, as were the last three. Chemical analysis of the fluid that was leaking internally (damage which was also near-miraculously repaired three weeks ago) also tested negative for malignancy. Thank God. We are currently attempting to recuperate in the country on the East Coast of the US. She has gained back about half the weight she lost during her battle with surgical complications, and is looking very much like herself again, and feeling better every day. Thank all of you for your support during this incredibly difficult period.

Step by step...:-)

From September 16th:

A caution from JBP on his wife Tammy's health (recently finding higher levels of creatinine), and I hope these are just sort term body adjustments too.

On the personal front: We had a scare this week that is still not resolved. Although Tammy is out of the hospital, with her surgical complications from cancer surgery resolved as of three weeks ago, and with a clear CT scan (indicating no residual cancer, miraculously enough) her levels of creatinine are high, indicating some malfunction of the remaining kidney. Ultrasound indicated no damage. We’re awaiting the results of further tests, and hoping that it’s a temporary state, brought about by her body adjusting to everything she’s been through in the last six months.

Thank you for the recent updates, Voyager. Like others, I will continue to keep the Peterson family in my thoughts as well. Hopefully this latter incident can find a resolve too; at least that seems relatively minor in comparison to the ordeal Tammy had gone through.

Wishing them all the best in dealing with this one as well, and with a speedy overall recovery for Tammy from all this :flowers:

Mikhaila gave an update tonight on her YT, including an appearance by Tammy. It was rather shocking to hear of the admission that Jordan has checked himself into rehab in NYC due to withdrawal from clonazepam. Sounds rather serious

Thanks for the update, I was wondering how Peterson was doing. Didn't know know that clonazepam was such a nasty beast! I wouldn't even think of attempting stopping it cold turkey. According to this study it can take between 4-7 months to safely taper off. So hopefully the clinic is not too aggressive in lowering the does.

Back
Top Bottom