Fires around the world

And so it begins?!

So wondering what is going on that isn't being said - difference of opinion on fighting the fires or maybe won't go along with the program?

Also want to find out what this Sheriff Deputy said that placed him on an administrative leave - the deputy was supposed to be notifying people of the fire danger:

About fires being intentionally set...

Of course. You need only see the way the rioters destroy the cities. A opportunity to be destructive they can't ignore.

But it is out of chaos opportunities arise, and so - while fires are being set by these people, it is also possible that they are being burned out. Homeless populations grow, they take to living in the woods, and establishing themselves on the land, and posing a threat to the existing order.

So, as they riot, it is by their own desperation they are motivated to being destructive, and the ensuing chaos provides cover for their being burned out from their wilderness settlements.

Our govt. doesn't account for anything under the banner of freedom. So homeless people can be under/over estimated, as policy determines. And so as a threat that homeless people represent, in our tough economic times, and the fact that they are divorced from civilization and rebellious, it is better to burn them out even with all the collateral damage it causes.

So it is like civilization is splitting and the established civilization is trying to keep from being destroyed by the chaotic, overpopulating, rebellious and growing populace that grows as the economy declines.

And so it makes sense that in order to pull us all together, we must have a common goal - to rebuild. And for that, we need destruction. And if a lot of homeless are burned, that is also a necessary evil, as with prosperity arises overpopulation and with it degeneracy.

So as the worlds population grows, the frequency of these solutions out of chaos grows, sending us in a downward spiral, and the destruction grows until a need for a final solution.

So, with this civilizational rift, we are stressed internally - as we face a choice - and either side has our sympathies. Both right, and both wrong.
And it isn't so much political, or ideological, but natural. It happens - not out of our designs - and we must deal with it.

Some attribute these things to a diabolical master plan, but it is more a understanding of the cyclical nature of things. And so you must be graceful - as opposed to being manipulative. On tv, you see people taking their misfortune gracefully, that is how it should be. But I think they boost that aspect of a tragedy to omit other aspects. I suppose the mass-media needs to make everything idyllic, sheltering us from the truth in hope of keeping us in blissful ignorance, because if we haven't grace, we need a narrative as a backup.

So wondering what is going on that isn't being said - difference of opinion on fighting the fires or maybe won't go along with the program?

Also want to find out what this Sheriff Deputy said that placed him on an administrative leave - the deputy was supposed to be notifying people of the fire danger:

Hmm, yes interesting, it does make one wonder. I've been following whats been coming out and the FBI quickly said this wasn't antifa related, so thats another question. I wonder if the deputy made a comment about arsonists or antifa. I suppose we'll find out more as time goes by as nothing is able to be hidden for long these days.

Regarding the sheriff, I heard something I didn't know yesterday. Police chiefs must follow the dictates of the state government and so act according to what they're told to do by that source. A sheriff is elected by the community and is responsible to them, so they are more likely to follow the will of the people. Sheriff's sound like a better choice. I've never looked into the operations of law enforcement before all these riots and deep state offences (in the public eye) started happening. Now that so many laws are being broken by criminals at large, I learn more about the law as I follow along.

11 September 2020
Without any wind, firefighters can tame some of the fires burning up and down the West Coast. But without wind, the smoke from those fires just sits over entire regions making the outdoors dangerous, and the built-up smoke blocking the sun's warmth is itself perpetuating the cycle by keeping breezes low.

Skipping Down

As we noted this morning, little motion in the current smoke mass is expected through today, and Garcia seems to suggest that nothing much will change until Sunday or Monday. The tweet below from the weather service's Portland bureau was a bit more optimistic, showing some dispersal of the smoke beginning today and suggesting that a "modest westerly breeze" would be moving in (at least over Oregon) in the "next couple of days."

As Garcia tells SFGate, "I’ve worked in California for almost 11 years and it’s not about how bad [the air quality] is. It’s about the duration of this. If you remember 2018, we had smoke from the Camp Fire. That air quality was horrible... But that lasted only a day or two. Then we had wind come in from the east and blow it out. We have no wind right now."

Published 7 hours ago Video
Two of the suspects remain unidentified, and authorities dismissed potential political affiliations
Four have been arrested on suspicion of arson in West Coast areas already under seige from major destructive and deadly blazes, according to reports.

As wildfires continue to rage across three states, police investigated separate incidents near existing wildfires. Two men in Washington state, one man in Oregon and one woman in California are facing charges, according to the Daily Wire.

The latest reports suggest that at least 20 people have died in California, eight in Oregon and one in Washington state as firefighters struggle to contain already deadly fires.

WILDFIRES IN CALIFORNIA, OREGON, WASHINGTON: AT LEAST 15 DEAD, 16 MISSING AS BLAZES CONTINUE IN WEST

Ashland, Ore., Police Chief Tighe O'Meara announced Thursday that a criminal investigation was opened into the cause of the Almeda fire calling the circumstances around the fire 'suspicious'.

The fire sparked in Ashland Tuesday and although it mostly spared the Oregon Shakespeare Festival town, the blaze has killed two people and destroyed hundreds of homes.

I live in Southern Oregon. Yes the air quality here is brutal; the damage shocking. Pretty much the entire state under a blanket of smoke. On the bright side, some rain is forecast for early next week. Speaking of climate impact, we had temps of 100 degrees forecast but the smoke has whacked about 20-25 degrees off the temperatures. You can look directly at the sun. It's just a dull orange disc.

Found more info on the sheriff's remarks that put him on paid leave

Really don't have any idea about the origins of these fires - the weather conditions last Monday and Tuesday certainly made it possible for fires to take hold under the right conditions, as it was warm, very dry, and suddenly extremely windy. I know the fire closest to where we are was started by someone but don't know the details. Hoping this is all simply because the current weather created a tinderbox situation that is now escalating, but there are so many reports of arson its hard to know what the truth is - and guessing officials do not want people discussing any possibility of arson until more is known, but really shouldn't be saying that there is no possibility that antifa or others are not involved until they know for sure.

Found more info on the sheriff's remarks that put him on paid leave

Really don't have any idea about the origins of these fires - the weather conditions last Monday and Tuesday certainly made it possible for fires to take hold under the right conditions, as it was warm, very dry, and suddenly extremely windy. I know the fire closest to where we are was started by someone but don't know the details. Hoping this is all simply because the current weather created a tinderbox situation that is now escalating, but there are so many reports of arson its hard to know what the truth is - and guessing officials do not want people discussing any possibility of arson until more is known, but really shouldn't be saying that there is no possibility that antifa or others are not involved until they know for sure.

I'm not sure if it's a combination of weather conditions, natural and arson created fires that has beset the entire West Coast. I'm living in the hell that is now California. Eerie red orange skies, horrific air quality and an insane Covid-19 control structure in place makes me long for an exit. My husband and I talked about this a few years ago, but my husband decided he no longer wants to leave the area. Nature or whatever is the cause for this West Coast apocalypse nightmare may change his mind.

A neighbor of ours has family who live in and outside of Portland, Oregon. The neighbor's family are certain that many of the fires are being deliberately set by insane Leftists who were making noise about doing just this a few months ago on Antifa/BLM social media accounts. She sent me this article from a source I'm not familiar with, so please take it with a grain of salt. It says the Oregon Governor fired the Fire Marshall for implying that arson might be the cause for some fires and appointed a Latino woman who, get this, has possible ties with or has an admiration of...Antifa! The story is here: Kate Brown Appoints Police Superintendent, Fires Fire Chief, Replaces With Young Latina With No Field Experience, and an ANTIFA Supporter.

There have been verified reports of arsonists being arrested. Yet the MSM and West Coast government officials are denying actual cases of arson and using the old Climate Change, Mother Earth is angry narrative. It's frustrating.

I'm not sure if it's a combination of weather conditions, natural and arson created fires that has beset the entire West Coast. I'm living in the hell that is now California. Eerie red orange skies, horrific air quality and an insane Covid-19 control structure in place makes me long for an exit. My husband and I talked about this a few years ago, but my husband decided he no longer wants to leave the area. Nature or whatever is the cause for this West Coast apocalypse nightmare may change his mind.

A neighbor of ours has family who live in and outside of Portland, Oregon. The neighbor's family are certain that many of the fires are being deliberately set by insane Leftists who were making noise about doing just this a few months ago on Antifa/BLM social media accounts. She sent me this article from a source I'm not familiar with, so please take it with a grain of salt. It says the Oregon Governor fired the Fire Marshall for implying that arson might be the cause for some fires and appointed a Latino woman who, get this, has possible ties with or has an admiration of...Antifa! The story is here: Kate Brown Appoints Police Superintendent, Fires Fire Chief, Replaces With Young Latina With No Field Experience, and an ANTIFA Supporter.

There have been verified reports of arsonists being arrested. Yet the MSM and West Coast government officials are denying actual cases of arson and using the old Climate Change, Mother Earth is angry narrative. It's frustrating.

Sorry to hear you're in the midst of the muck too NR. I sure hope it clears soon. Man I miss clear blue skies. Temps sure have dropped too....Hmm.

I just read today about the 'restructuring" ole gov Brown is pushing for. Seems a rather odd time to me. In the midst of such a crisis, let's retire the most experienced old guard.??

Not sure how arson plays into the fires here in NorCal. We definitely did have a pretty intense lightning storm with very little rain around Aug. 15th. The fires associated with this storm usually have the word "lightning" in their names. The August Complex also started at this time. A few in Oregon as well but I don't recall how widespread the lightning was.

And it only happened once to my knowledge. All other fire discovery dates could have been started by anything/anyone. The ones in Oregon do look like a pattern the way in which they are all near major urban centers.

I used to think how easy it would be to pull off a coordinated attack by a group of terrorists armed with camel cigs(that don't go out) this time of year. I have to be extra careful just smoking my rollies outside. 🙏☔

Last edited:
Just wanted to point out that the "kate brown" link above starts with this:

"Oregon is wet and cold, it makes no sense to have unprecedented fires."

Ummm. I could be wrong but I don't think it's wet and cold right now. Maybe January. Not sure why that was mentioned.

Regardless, the 1 comment at the end though is definitely of interest.

Just wanted to point out that the "kate brown" link above starts with this:

"Oregon is wet and cold, it makes no sense to have unprecedented fires."

Ummm. I could be wrong but I don't think it's wet and cold right now. Maybe January. Not sure why that was mentioned.

Regardless, the 1 comment at the end though is definitely of interest.

When I first smelled the smoke on the first day it came up here across the border, it smelled sweet & moist. Very uncharacteristic for how smoke from fires smell around here, usually it's a very dry scent.

I've friends in California and have kept aware of things from their location; scary. Very sorry, NormaRegula and others who are close to the firestorm fronts - caught your photos and descriptions; keep vigilant.

Up north in BC, above Idaho, the major fire here seems to be contained (around 8,000 ha.), however there are many more, and now a mass influx of smoke from Washington and Oregon has turned day to smoke haze - no sun visible, so that is a major shift in airflow, and it also hampers air support on existing fires. Here is the Western US/Canada smoke forecast map. By the 16th of the month, smoke drift is projected to head east to Montreal, Quebec.

As for the discussion on ignition cause (arson et cetera) in Washington and Oregon (Cal too), forensics can usually pinpoint cause - lightning (these are mapped and responded to, so they will know, or should know), accidents will be well detailed, neglect (like those gender parties, kids with matches or leaving unattended camp fires etc) should be captured in data, and wilful ignition (arson) should be easily understood through forensics, so don't know if there are muzzles being applied on the press. If there is local talk of arson (which is being reported), it can be a good indicator that that is what happened - local people usually have good interconnected networks. Misinformation can be at play, too.

Not sure how arson plays into the fires here in NorCal. We definitely did have a pretty intense lightning storm with very little rain around Aug. 15th. The fires associated with this storm usually have the word "lightning" in their names. The August Complex also started at this time. A few in Oregon as well but I don't recall how widespread the lightning was.

As said, there will be detailed lightning strike maps, and (at least up here) they would assess their locations (and risk rate them) and then fly them and record observations - and follow up, or dispatch crews (if accessible) or helicopter rapid attack (called something different in the US). With all that dry late season grass and heavy fuel laden canopies, lightning ignition might be immediate or take a couple of days, yet the point being they should know if that was cause. Wind, as always, plays its hand, and that is the worst situation.

In a couple of the photos shown above of thick forested mountainous terrain that you had posted, cholas, could not help noticing the difficult steep terrain and the age class of the forest - whatever the history on that landscape is with historical fire, it looks like that fuel has built up for 80 - to 160 years? If so, that terrain has not seen fire since the 40's or late 1800's (the latter likely). This is the same thing in much of the landscape up into Canada, too, so it is not a good long term situation when things erupt.

There is a pretty good paper (at a glance) here that discusses landscape level fire in Oregon, Washington and parts of California, and this photo example below (with text) outlines the situation in many areas (same up here in Canada). Note the 1925 and 2009 photos, wherein the former had landscape level natural fires often, until policy changes after 1925. So basically that 2009 photo has not seen fire since probably late 1800's (or some spot fires in between).

1600064472189.png

In this next photo (page 6 from this document) from northern California, you can see ponderosa pine with young trees (mixed) in the background. Pine like this (thick bark) has a history of surviving fire (hardened shell), in fact they get fire hardened and thrive. This does not happen anymore just as the above photo discusses.

1600065387659.png

All these fires, and unfortunately they will continue in intensity based on current fuel loading and age class, is not about climate change per se (winds seem more intense, yet that may have been the same back in time), it is long standing polices and forest interfacing.

May you all keep safe and have an emergency plan.

Back
Top Bottom