Iodine and Potassium Iodide

the best would be if i can get in touch w someone who can tell me their journey too hopefully to full normalized hormone ranges .i must say i m not functionin w levothyroxine not t3.so this is another reason why i m now highly susspicius i never needed to even go on this syntetic hormone.or maybe just i m not responding but still its bad and i dont want to take it at all
Hi Allie.
After you make your initial introduction as suggested, you can start this thread from start and read it.
You cant find a unique and short formula on how to resolve a complex problem like yours. Read all the information available, consult professional medical help, and make your own decisions and plan what to do and how to do it.

In the iodine thread, we also discussed a book by Dr. David Brownstein - Iodine and why you need it and another book called " The Iodine Crysis" by Lynne Farrow.

In this thread about iodine, you can read about a lot of people's personal experiences and their problems, their successes and their good and bad moments while supplementing iodine and all other cofactors as it is advised and described in the books.

After that, you will have a much better picture and more knowledge to ask something or to make a decision about your next step.

.i think i was not supposed to go on sintetic hormone in the first placw and just go w the iodone especially since ididnt have any sideefects for a year or more ...
You can try a natural thyroid hormone to replace the synthetic one, i.e. Armour.

If you have low thyroid hormones, there's a good chance you'll need thyroid hormones regardless of your improvement with iodine/lugol. Dr. Brownstein shares his clinical experience and I forgot the real number, but a significant percentage of people improve with lugol alone, another significant percentage will need thyroid hormone replacement for life. It's dangerous to not correct an established hypothyroidism.

If I were you, I would look into natural thyroid hormones.

the best would be if i can get in touch w someone who can tell me their journey too hopefully to full normalized hormone ranges .i must say i m not functionin w levothyroxine not t3.so this is another reason why i m now highly susspicius i never needed to even go on this syntetic hormone.or maybe just i m not responding but still its bad and i dont want to take it at all

IR, Insulin resistance must first be overcome. It should be fought equally. Most of the time, this problem cannot be solved unless the IR falls within the normal range. Try removing the milk proteins

hello guys i m wondering if there is anyone here who has been hypothyroid before experimenting with lugols iodone and who can tell me their journey with tsh levels .i had some problems during my journey because i abruptly stoped taking iodone ...after few months of not takin it i got severe muscle stiffness and back pain and all the doctors found was high tsh level and low thyroif hormones .they put me on sintetic hormone which i took foe year and a half and my situation is terrible ...because i feel i never needed this hormone in the first place i m now lookin for some fello hashimoto sufferers who managed to control their disease w iodone only .i think i was not supposed to go on sintetic hormone in the first placw and just go w the iodone especially since ididnt have any sideefects for a year or more ...i just freaked out when at night i couldnt feel my leg like having some cramp in the midle of sleep so i panicked and decided to maybe try to go without..i knew nothin about iodone when starting i followed my moms advice and her research on the topic was sufficient for me to give it a goo.but i now i want to go bk on it and drop syntetic hormone as its not workin for me ..so if you know someone hypo or hashimoto who was also on therapy w radioactive iodone that would be great because i m one of those .thankss it would be beneficial to change experiences .

You must first investigate the relationship between insulin resistance (inflammation) T3 synthesis.

https://www.researchgate.net/public...ulin_to_disturbances_in_metabolic_homeostasis

Is there any interaction between iodine, zinc and copper? While I have read that zinc and copper should not be taken together, I have also read the opposite that this can be beneficial. I want all 3 to take away from vitamin c, so to not make it to complicated I sometimes take them together, but I could not find anything about iodine interacting with either copper or zinc. I guess that means it's fine?

i want to say that i had hyperthyroidism treated w radioactive iodone 20years ago and i lived just fine without synthetic hormone .
i had some symtoms of hypothyroidism dry skin and little tiredness nothing big and i did iodone therapy amounting to 6mg iodone for two years .i supplemented selenium and d vitamin and sometimes magnesium.
i freaked out because i read iodone should not be used for so long so i stoped.
i had pain in the muscles caugh and back pain . i gained abnormal amounts of weight.
i am saying synthetic hormone i went on made my situation worse .
i regret taking it .my doctor was sayin that lugol is destroying thyroid while in reality syntetic hormone is destroying it faster than having zero threatment.
i highly doubt i needed any hormone in the first place because thyroid is self regulatory organ and as mentioned our bodies respond perfectly to the emergency by doing its thing. i shocked my body with taking l thyroxine for two years i was bloated my body just couldnt deal w the fake hormone.who eversaif the hormone isnatural patients and doctors are liars .i was tricked by doctor to believe i m takin most natural hormone but its not its very fake.it messed up my whole system.how come now without thyroid hormone i m feelin better than on the hormone it self.. i m highly suspicious that this disease is all fake

i want to say that i had hyperthyroidism treated w radioactive iodone 20years ago and i lived just fine without synthetic hormone .
i had some symtoms of hypothyroidism dry skin and little tiredness nothing big and i did iodone therapy amounting to 6mg iodone for two years .i supplemented selenium and d vitamin and sometimes magnesium.
i freaked out because i read iodone should not be used for so long so i stoped.
i had pain in the muscles caugh and back pain . i gained abnormal amounts of weight.
i am saying synthetic hormone i went on made my situation worse .
i regret taking it .my doctor was sayin that lugol is destroying thyroid while in reality syntetic hormone is destroying it faster than having zero threatment.
i highly doubt i needed any hormone in the first place because thyroid is self regulatory organ and as mentioned our bodies respond perfectly to the emergency by doing its thing. i shocked my body with taking l thyroxine for two years i was bloated my body just couldnt deal w the fake hormone.who eversaif the hormone isnatural patients and doctors are liars .i was tricked by doctor to believe i m takin most natural hormone but its not its very fake.it messed up my whole system.how come now without thyroid hormone i m feelin better than on the hormone it self.. i m highly suspicious that this disease is all fake
now i am without lugol and without hormone i m fine .i couldnt be fabulous with iodone but i m waiting for other peoples testimonies .all i can find is just people who are on medicines in all groups on fb i joined recently all i could find is around 60000ppl whom are treated w substitute thyroid hormone scared by their doctors to not even try anything.i wish there was more ppl like me so i could compare my findings thats why i wrote here hoping i ll meet some of patients who supllemented w lugol for long time and got healed .i am also on aip food protocol and i m fine .like i mentioned my only concern is whether iodone is great treatment.i m sure syntetic hormone is not i tried all for me is not adequate because my disease is not the one they claim i have.i dont have any of the symtoms and i worse on thyroid medication they tricked me into taking. i m shocked by how little doctors know and also how confident they are in reality knowing all but in reality knowing nothing.i m sad is like that but in thyroid matters it seems they are way off.i read soo many ppl are just plain strugglin and still takin this fake hormone i m really shocked..i havent tried natural because in my country i am at the moment is not available but i ll try it in the future .in the mean time i hope we ll figure out natural healing method such as herbs supllements homeopathy or alike

I'm taking 'Terry Naturally Tri-Iodine' daily and it has made a big difference in the way I feel. It has also cleared up a skin condition that I got after chemical chemo treatments last year. Nothing else worked. Good stuff! FWIW.

Hi,
I 'd like some advice about the dosage of Lugol's. I have a lump in my breast which I'm pretty sure is cancer. I had a biopsy and the results are due next Thursday. I've started taking 50mg Lugols with the co-factors, and I'm wondering if I should increase the dose or leave it at this level. I don't have any other health issues that I'm aware of. Also, is it ok to take the iodine with food, or is it better on an empty stomach?

Hi,
I 'd like some advice about the dosage of Lugol's. I have a lump in my breast which I'm pretty sure is cancer. I had a biopsy and the results are due next Thursday. I've started taking 50mg Lugols with the co-factors, and I'm wondering if I should increase the dose or leave it at this level. I don't have any other health issues that I'm aware of. Also, is it ok to take the iodine with food, or is it better on an empty stomach?
It's better tolerated after eating, depending on the dose.

You might want to check out Breast Cancer Choices - Innovative Research and Patient Advocacy

I'm taking 'Terry Naturally Tri-Iodine' daily and it has made a big difference in the way I feel. It has also cleared up a skin condition that I got after chemical chemo treatments last year. Nothing else worked. Good stuff! FWIW.
Hi kenlee,

I'm thinking of ordering the "Terry Naturally Tri-Iodine" and I see that they have different mgs pr capsules. Which one do you use and how much do you take every day?

Hi kenlee,

I'm thinking of ordering the "Terry Naturally Tri-Iodine" and I see that they have different mgs pr capsules. Which one do you use and how much do you take every day?

I take the 12.5 mg (12,500 mcg) capsules. One per day. Each capsule contains:
6060 mcg sodium iodide, 6060 mcg potassium iodide, 380 mcg molecular iodine. 🙂

I have a lump in my breast which I'm pretty sure is cancer. I had a biopsy and the results are due next Thursday.
Hi @Viv
I read your post this morning, and thought about you and your situation all day.
Your post was Bugging me so much I MUST respond to you...

Your question was about iodine, and doses, which I have no advice or experience with.
The "C" word tho', that crappy overused and stupid word is something I HAVE had a few experiences with.

First, I must post this:
What I am posting is Research for Entertainment Purposes Only.
I have no authority nor license to give any medical, psychological, or life skills advice, I just have information to share, for entertainment purposes only.
I am neither a guru nor a teacher, just a fellow survivor in this war against LIES.
I will ONLY share what I know to be of value, based on a foundation of Knowledge, not beliefs and not fear based woo woo.

First off, I feel for you.
It is a creepy and scary position to find ourselves in, finding a lump, or a spot, and based on programming by the PTB, we immediately feel that something is "Wrong" with us, and then, "tests" are made.

@Viv Don't Panic.

And, for gawds sake, quit rubbing the lump, bugging it, thinking about it, and stop fretting!
Stuff swells up when in Healing mode...think about it.

So,
You haven't posted much personal info on the forum, like your age, if you have kids, how many, how old, stuff that could help me understand what and to whom you are emotionally connected to, who you consider your family circle, your "tribe".
Are you still married?
Are you super attached to your pets?
Has any of those loved ones recently overcome something, and are on the mend?
Or, has Anybody passed on, someone that you got really upset about, and have kinda resolved and overcome the grieving recently?

From what I have learned, all of these types of biological issues are all connected to your "network of loved one connections" and are hardwired into your Psyche, brain and body, by Nature.
All these are emotional and instinctive connections that are individually yours.

Made of your love and devotion, these are precious, yet so misunderstood in clinical medical diagnosis, biological connections and responses, that are for the BEST survival of all.

My understandings of the connections between the Psyche, brain and body are NOT accepted by mainstream medicine, yet, they are in accordance with Nature and biology.

Our breasts are multi layered life giving organs, controlled by different areas of our brains.

Our breast tissues are naturally designed to respond to our emotions, emotions that are conscious and unconsciously felt.

Breasts are designed to provide life saving "Mothers Milk" to nurture and provide for our Nest mates, be they babies or tribe members.

If you have seen or read the classic "Grapes of Wrath" you may remember that there is a scene where a young mother nurses a dying man and saves his life.
This miraculous Mothers milk made by our breasts isn't considered by Nature to be just for new born babies, not in an emergency.
So, biologically, if another pack member is in a Serious Health condition, our breasts could instinctively be asked/triggered to respond by making more tissue, to supply milk if it is "perceived by the Psyche" to be needed to save that beloved member.

I apologize for taking the topic off of this "iodine" thread, but I had to reach out to you, woman to woman and offer an alternative approach for your consideration of this issue.

I will leave it at that for now.
If you do want to discuss some of these different ways of looking at stuff, you could post on the German New Medicine thread, here on the forum.
If you want to check out German New Medicine, the official information site, here is a link:

Back
Top Bottom