Iodine and Potassium Iodide

I tried the black pepper trick but didn't notice a difference. The way it works is the black pepper plugs up your liver so it can't take the curcumin out. At first it escaped me that this might not really be a good idea. Maybe someone who really needs the curcumin to spread throughout the body would benefit, but if the aim is to support the liver, it sounds like a bad idea.

Aiming said:
monotonic said:
Has anyone tried adding turmeric to the cofactors? It seemed to help when I did.

Yes, I've been adding lots of turmeric to my food recently and for me, too, it seems to help in alleviating symptoms and improving the detox process. For those who don't know yet, read this on how to make curcumin more bioavailable.
I've been eating a ton of turmeric since before I went on the iodine protocol, so maybe it did help since I didn't have any bad reactions. I've been making turmeric balls with Turmeric, ginger, quercetin, black pepper, and cinnamon mixed with coconut oil.

Mr. Premise said:
Aiming said:
monotonic said:
Has anyone tried adding turmeric to the cofactors? It seemed to help when I did.

Yes, I've been adding lots of turmeric to my food recently and for me, too, it seems to help in alleviating symptoms and improving the detox process. For those who don't know yet, read this on how to make curcumin more bioavailable.
I've been eating a ton of turmeric since before I went on the iodine protocol, so maybe it did help since I didn't have any bad reactions. I've been making turmeric balls with Turmeric, ginger, quercetin, black pepper, and cinnamon mixed with coconut oil.

I have been taking turmeric for the last two years on a daily basis. I take 1/2 to 1 teaspoon every morning with my oil and a bit of black pepper.

For my blood test last year, I asked to verify the C-reactive Protein and the result was very very low.

Mr. Premise said:

You got a recipe for those?

Joe said:
Mr. Premise said:

My thoughts exactly :D.

Joe said:
Mr. Premise said:

Yes!

In a mixing bowl put in 2/3 cup turmeric powder, two tablespoons ground ginger, two teaspoons ground cinnamon, the contents of 5 one gram quercetin capsules, and sixty grinds of black pepper (in other words take a pepper grinder and turn it sixty times). Then add about 16 drops of Stevia extract and maybe an eighth of a teaspoon salt. The salt and the sweetener help with the bitterness. Stir the mixture well. Then add enough coconut oil to make a nice paste, maybe six tablespoons, but better too much than too little. Mix the coconut oil in with a fork. I then put the mixture in the microwave for a minute or so, but you can heat it on low heat in a saucepan. Apparently cooking the turmeric helps it become bioavailable. I don't cook it too long, just enough to get hot. Then I pour it in a container and refrigerate it until hard, then break it into pieces.

Aiming said:
monotonic said:

Mee too. I`m using a lot of tumeric in my food. Especially in bone broth .I`m using it for a long time and i havent seen any drastic effects, except my lower back pain after a heavier workout is almost gone now.

Since the beginning of this week i started again with iodine but this time only a heel dosing. I`m keeping a journal about iodine suplementation and this is what happened to me just after 2 drops on iodine on heel.

28-03-2016 - 1 drop lugol 2.5% solution on left heel
- No reaction
29-03-2016 - light Depression.
30-03-2016 - 1 drop lugol 2.5% solution on right heel
- No reaction.
31-03-2016 - Slight discomfort and tingling and pain when coughing from the inside, in the right side of the thyroid. Sore throat. Not painful on the touch from outside.

Now with little more experience since my last time i took iodine in January, i can see that Depression was the first symptom from iodine.
I guess i`m very sensitive to iodine since i get this reaction from such a small dosage.

I`ll be off iodine until the end of this week and from Monday i`ll repeat the heel dosage if situation dont get worst.

Konstantin said:
I`ll be off iodine until the end of this week and from Monday i`ll repeat the heel dosage if situation dont get worst.

I would dilute that drop in 10 drops of water when trying again. Hopefully you won't get any reactions.

Gaby said:
Konstantin said:

I would dilute that drop in 10 drops of water when trying again. Hopefully you won't get any reactions.

Yes i will. I have only 5% Lugol, and i put a 10 drops of water and 10 drops of it in a small dark glass empty bottle, and i`ve got 2.5% Lugol.
But i guess that is too much for me.
In fact, first day i put one drop of another alcoholic Lugol solution on my heel, and after that i made the above 2.5% lugol( nornal Lugol not diluted with alcohol)

So i`ll dilute it even more and start it from next week.

It seems after I took a total of about 1g of iodine over three months, my tolerance suddenly decreased. Right now I'm experimenting with 1 drop every other day, or 2 days on one day off, etc.

Aragorn said:
josev said:
My experience:

I have been doing the protocol for 23 days, as Gaby’s Focus said, I started with one drop of Iodine 5%, increasing one drop every three days. I’m at 8 drops now and I don’t feel any reactions, any improve in energy or whatever, I don’t have a serious problem neither, I don’t know if bad memory count. I would like to drink up to 15 drops to see if there are some viruses hidden :D

I only see symptoms I use to have on occasions, stuffy nose (usually dust entering in my room) and a very little discomfort in the lymph nodes of the throat

I'm taking the Iodine with selenium after breakfast between 12:30-13:30 pm, salt (before breakfast and after Iodine), vitamin C 1-2 hours after, magnessium and probiotics before go to sleep, I took the probiotics one week before the protocol began. Instead of B2 and B3 I'm drinking tea with herbs (they're well known in South America) for the liver, digestion and kidneys:

I'd suggest you wait a bit longer than 1-2h before taking the vitamin C, even cut it out completely at some days. You might also consider cutting out all that other stuff, besides the iodine (You're taking Lugol's, right?), and see how it goes. Sometimes less is more, even with supplements.

Andre' said:
I agree with Aragorn here Josev, it's better to go slowly i'm telling you this from my own experience, me too when i've started the iodine protocol, didn't feel almost no changes then i decided to increase the dosage, i've done that and behold, about a week and a half later i got a cold so severe that i couldn't do anything, i was reduced to bed, no energy, weak, very unpleasant, i'm pretty sure that wasn't a "normal" type of cold, i think it was a mix of heavy detox reactions + the activation of some nasty dormant viruses hence the cold, from then on i prefer to go slowly to take no more than 50- 54 mg a day, slowly but surely.

Btw i've noticed too some positive changes, my concentration has improved, brain fogg dissipated, i'm feeling more relaxed and good. :)

Laura said:
It can take much longer than 23 days for the body to replenish its need for iodine. As has been noted, unless a person has a serious condition that they wish to treat - one that is known - just go slow and easy. If you don't have any major issues or diagnoses, I don't see any reason to take more than a drop or two a day. Don't just decide, based on no evidence, that you might have this or that or something else and you are gonna whomp it with iodine! That's nuts!

For those who DO have diagnosis of some serious condition, you need some medical guidance and to be fully informed before you start increasing your intake of iodine.

And keep in mind, in all cases, it can take MONTHS to correct deficiencies.

Sorry for the delay. Yes, I'm taking Lugol. Ultimately I've been taking the vitamin C later. I don't have probiotics anymore, and I'm drinking tea just once. I'll continue with 8 drops and see how it goes now

I'm a bit nutty, sometimes the only way I can learn is suffering my self :D so I don't mind trying it since I work at home usually.

I'd have a condition since 14 that didn't allow me practice sports seriously as I wished (fortunately) I had several diagnostics, some doctors tell me it was arthrosis, I have stretches in my legs when I move with all my capacity. And looking for a cure I met a religious man who diagnosed people with a toothpick who told me that I had a rare syndrome, it appears a German name I don't remember, that would cause me mental deterioration in the future, he gave me a vegetarian diet. He doesn't try to impose his religious belief and don't wan't money. Do you know something about this? He gave me a paper with a text asking for my healing and I had to put it on my chest before sleeping. I never did it, but I'm curious now.

My diagnostics aren't serious but that is why I wanted to try.

If he were sincere, his "prayer" may have some healing qualities, but it sounds like he was trying to scare you. People who do this always seem sincere in person - this is the rule, not the exception. It is far more likely you will heal by your own efforts to understand and cure your condition through knowledge, even if that turns out to mean some kind of surgery.

monotonic said:
It seems after I took a total of about 1g of iodine over three months, my tolerance suddenly decreased. Right now I'm experimenting with 1 drop every other day, or 2 days on one day off, etc.

It might be that you got to the optimal level and the body has enough?

I've been fighting an on and off sinus issue (odd since I rarely get sinus issues) that came up with this up and down weather change in the northeast US. I have upped dosing to approx 6 drops a day with no side effects.

Back
Top Bottom