Iodine and Potassium Iodide

Lilyalic said:
Thanks for sharing your experiences too, :) I'll wait it out! Stick to 2, it's probably unnecessary the amount I'm taking.

You might also want to think about taking a little bit extra magnesium and omega 3 fish oil capsules if you have any. That usually helps me. It's interesting how we all react differently to dietary changes and supplements (I haven't noticed any effects from iodine on this yet). In my case those symptoms decreased dramatically once I eliminated gluten and dairy from my diet. But some of it comes back if I'm having too many carbs, so that might be another thing to look into. Hope you're ok!

Nienna said:
aleana said:
I have been taking around 3-4 drops of 2% Lugols for the past few months. That seems to be the limit right now. I tried to up the dose slowly to around 7 drops, but I suddenly noticed increased irritability in the afternoons and the rash I have became more persistent. Once I reduced the dosage the rash settled down, but nothing seems to clear it up completely.

Not sure if you heard the Health & Wellness show where they interviewed Lynne Farrow, but she said that for skin flareups, they have found that zinc helps clear it up. If you are not taking zinc, you may want to take some and see how it goes.

Yes, zinc also helped me with the rashes that kept coming up. Aleana, from your post above it seems like when the rash came up for you, you reduced the iodine dose. You might want to get off the iodine for a couple of days altogether. That's what I had to do for the rash to dissappear completely.

I just found this small article in my local daily newspaper. :)

It reminded me of this session:

Laura said:
Q: (L) Well, I know it's a little egotistical to say that our efforts to send a signal could have shifted us into this other timeline and in effect helped with the manifesting of the changes of today... Is it a possibility that we helped even in a small way?

A: More than you have given yourselves credit for!

Of course, I cannot be sure, but since we are the only ones in our region who wrote about Dr Brownstein and Lynne Farrow and Guy Abraham, I think that it's quite possible that somebody was reading SOTT when they wrote that article about iodine.

So you really never know how many people you will reach with spreading the knowledge. :)

Attachments

• jod.jpg
    jod.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 380
Yesterday i started with iodine again :)

This time i`ll go very slowly. I`ll do a heel dosing for about a month and then i`ll see if i`ll continue with oral consumption or not. This first week i`ll do one drop of diluted 5% Lugols ( that will be 2.5 % Lugols ) every second day. First 2 weeks like this and if no symptoms , then maybe i will do 1 drop every day for a 5 days in a row and free weekend.

Konstantin said:
Yesterday i started with iodine again :)

This time i`ll go very slowly. I`ll do a heel dosing for about a month and then i`ll see if i`ll continue with oral consumption or not. This first week i`ll do one drop of diluted 5% Lugols ( that will be 2.5 % Lugols ) every second day. First 2 weeks like this and if no symptoms , then maybe i will do 1 drop every day for a 5 days in a row and free weekend.

Very good idea to go real slow (and even better to start with heel/skin dosing), considering the upheaval last time right away with a small dose. You'll also set a good example for others that have extreme reactions right at the start with very low doses to follow the reasonable approach - and understand that there's no rush.

I decided to skip the R-Lipoic Acid today. I've been taking it twice a day, three hours apart for chelation (aside from the other benefits of it). Every time I've done any chelation protocols, I tend to get some skin reactions, and a common one is one of my ears or sometimes both will feel burning, be red and hot to the touch. Same happened a couple of times since I started the RLA.

Still taking 6 drops ~6% Lugol's twice daily. Still thinking about lowering to 5 drops twice daily starting April 1st. All in all, still feeling great on iodine (including sleeping MUCH better - longer, that is - averaging 7 hours a night).

Lilyalic said:
Marina9 said:
Solie said:
Lilyalic said:
I've been taking 4-5 drops everyday since November 2015ish, but shortened it down after getting a constant metal taste in my mouth (figured I needed to do rounds of DMSA, so waiting till I can afford it) - Although Iodine has been proving to do wonders on my menstrual cycle, I'm now 12 days late and I'm usually very regular. When I've checked around on the web, a few people have reported irregularities with their menstruation whilst taking Iodine.
I'm not too worried, it just feels as though it's "building up" or at least prolonging any PMS symptoms which at times can be pretty bad!

Has any other women on here experienced the same?

I actually have experience this. In the beginning, it cause (or I should say I think it was due to the iodine) a very uncomfortable, painful and strong menstrual cycle. After that, to be honest, I feel like my menstrual pains are actually lighting up :)

I mean, if you don't have a reason to believe it's something else, I'd suggest waiting it out for a bit. If too much time passes with no sign of it, then maybe you should double check with a doctor.

Hello Lyliac and Solie, this happened to me also, last week I started taking iodine again and it was just exactly while I was pmsing, my period came a couple of days later and im very regular, also the pms cravings, mood swings, and irritability were huge, cramps and my breast were hurting a lot. I was also wondering about this.

Thanks for sharing your experiences too, :) I'll wait it out! Stick to 2, it's probably unnecessary the amount I'm taking.

I join you with this. After Iodine I had two months of very strong periods, with lots of pain, cramps, fatigue and brain fog. For me it can be because the Iodine is working on our hormones so the body is changing and adapting again. Also, Candida, because it flared up after taking iodine and it can cause stronger period symptoms too. And then, lack of potassium: I started taking potassium capsules and last month I didn't have any of these symptoms, just mild belly pain on the first day; my bowel movements are also more stable and I'm not having cramps as I was having before. For some reason, I seem to need a lot of potassium.

I was thinking that it is really important to deal with any Candida issue because it can feed on iodine too in low doses, am I right? I was drinking Pau D'Arco and taking Saccharomyces boulardii, but I think I'm going to just take Nystatin again. I had some left from a previous protocol and after the few days I took it I felt so good, without brain fog and with lots of energy. Also, I took 130mg of potassium iodide for 2 days and I felt very well too, but I always feel kind of lightheaded after taking more than 2 drops. It was an experiment because I read that some people use iodine to kill Candida, but if that's so, I have to use a high dose, and I don't feel very well when taking high doses... and again, it could be die-off too. But well, I guess is safer to take Nystatin for a while so I help clear out this Candida.

Yas said:
I join you with this. After Iodine I had two months of very strong periods, with lots of pain, cramps, fatigue and brain fog. For me it can be because the Iodine is working on our hormones so the body is changing and adapting again. Also, Candida, because it flared up after taking iodine and it can cause stronger period symptoms too. And then, lack of potassium: I started taking potassium capsules and last month I didn't have any of these symptoms, just mild belly pain on the first day; my bowel movements are also more stable and I'm not having cramps as I was having before. For some reason, I seem to need a lot of potassium.

I was thinking that it is really important to deal with any Candida issue because it can feed on iodine too in low doses, am I right? I was drinking Pau D'Arco and taking Saccharomyces boulardii, but I think I'm going to just take Nystatin again. I had some left from a previous protocol and after the few days I took it I felt so good, without brain fog and with lots of energy. Also, I took 130mg of potassium iodide for 2 days and I felt very well too, but I always feel kind of lightheaded after taking more than 2 drops. It was an experiment because I read that some people use iodine to kill Candida, but if that's so, I have to use a high dose, and I don't feel very well when taking high doses... and again, it could be die-off too. But well, I guess is safer to take Nystatin for a while so I help clear out this Candida.

Good point Yas :) I was thinking the same thing, iodine helps balance hormone production especially in your thyroid, so it could be the iodine working on your hormones.

Something interesting that's been happening to me this week is that I've been getting these sever hot flashes! This is completely new to me! One second I'm cold and the next I feel like my skin is burning! It's been a persistent anomaly for he past week.

Yas said:
But well, I guess is safer to take Nystatin for a while so I help clear out this Candida.

I would give it a try, specially considering that it helped you so much in the past.

In regards to menstrual problems, I was also thinking that the detox process would be facilitated if all women got rid of the constant glyphosate exposure. According to this SOTT article, menstrual problems are relieved when other options are used:

What all women need to know about tampons & maxipads
http://www.sott.net/article/314655-What-all-women-need-to-know-about-tampons-maxipads

For those of us who have yet to make the switch, the article will help to do precisely that :)

I found that anything above 1 drop of 5% is intolerable anymore. For the past several weeks, minus a 2-drop failed test, it's been that every few days anymore. Admittedly though the initial December experiments with high doses gave me the energy (minus the down stuff) to get through a sea of 10-hour days for December 2015 alone.

I should share my experience if it can perhaps help anyone.

I have been using Lugol to treat an esophageal/tongue candida infection which after very long exposure I suspect spread to other systems, blood at the very least, and wrecked inflammatory havoc on my system and my mind.

At first I went with about 50 mg a day and after a while I had a pretty nasty herx episode with cold, rashes, tremors and acne. Kinda stopped for a couple weeks there. Then I realized this isn't working, I'm gonna have to up the dosage. So, I started with 200 mg a day with salt water 1 tsp split into two to three times a day. I immediately felt better. That was about a month and a half ago. Right now, I'm on 600 mg of Iodine a day and I feel better than I have in a long while. Don't plan to go more than about 800 orally. A LOT more will, energy, mental sharpness and quite a bit more productive. The health problems I've had caused a slip in uni as well so I have to deal with that and physical and mental health this semester which isn't easy, but there is hope. That's what drives me right now. A couple of weeks ago I also realized that I need to start applying it topically to my tongue which makes total sense since it is essentially a skin infection, mucose skin sure but skin. That has proved very effective in treating that local infection. The infection is noticeably weaker now than it was, it is still there, but it is weakening. I shouldn't really expect it to go away quickly considering how long I had it anyway - this is gonna be a long battle. Also to mention, on these high dosages no serious herx reactions, a couple of acne here and there and maybe a lymph node expanding but that goes down after a while.

Right now on iodine, vitamin c, milk thistle, turmeric, osteobiflex and frankincense which are for my osteoarthritis which has btw also improved under high dosages of iodine. Wouldn't be surprised if the osteoarthritis was casued by inflammation from candida. Also, plan to start using iodine on moles that have been scaring me. And almost forgot, I'm on the ketogenic diet for a about two months now which I suspect helped as well with the problems, plan to start making fat bombs soon when I get my stevia from iHerb. Right now, my diet is based on eggs, bacon, raw bacon cuts and lard. Gonna have to start meditating too to help with my psychological problems. I also have to repair my sleep cycle, and a step towards that was that I put trash bags on my window because of the light but I still cheat with a light that turns of after 20 minutes, gonna stop doing that, but been scared of the dark since I was a kid.

Have a pretty large order of additional supplements I found on this topic from iHerb which is gonna arrive soon.

I think about it this way - if I was using fluconazole (which is very hard to get to here) according to the instructions I would have to use a very similar dose and it would make quite a bit more damage than a natural element like Iodine. Not to mention I couldn't apply it topically which is as I've noticed essential for my case.

So, so far my 50 cents for anyone with serious problems with Candida - definitely go gradually, but don't be afraid to go to high doses, be careful but at the same time relentless.

Hopefully I can post here one day saying I've beaten the infection completely. Thank you to all for this information! :clap:

Solie said:
(On a side note... I think we hijacked this thread - us girls XD)

Yeah, perhaps we better ask a moderator to create a new thread or move the conversation to this thread, for example. :)

I happened upon the following deal for Le Guerandais Coarse Sea Salt in the UK - because previously i paid same for x 1! (3-4£ for the product + 3-4£ for delivery). It was free delivery if you spend over a certain amount - for me anyway, and i didn't use Amazon Prime. I post because i couldn't find grey salt anywhere in the usual shops - it's all washed white crystals - and judging by the comments, i'm not the only one who's super happy AND now has enough salt for the year.... ;D I just ordered it with 2 x 1KG bags of Xylitol and it was enough to qualify for free delivery. It arrived this Sunday (a few days from ordering).

Le Guerandais Coarse Sea Salt In Bag 1 Kg (Pack of 3) [3KG in total]
from Le Guérandais
4.8 out of 5 stars 136 customer reviews
| 9 answered questions
RRP: £8.99
Price: £8.92 (£0.03 / 10 g) & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details
You Save: £0.07 (1%)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Guerandais-Coarse-Sea-Salt-Pack/dp/B00ABGOI88/ref=sr_1_2?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1458909656&sr=1-2&keywords=Grey+Salt+of+Guerande#productDetails

edit: grammar

Has anyone tried adding turmeric to the cofactors? It seemed to help when I did.

Damagoj, check out the turpentine and boron threads for helping with candida and arthritis. My mother has been taking boron and it reduces most of her knee pains.

monotonic said:
Has anyone tried adding turmeric to the cofactors? It seemed to help when I did.

Yes, I've been adding lots of turmeric to my food recently and for me, too, it seems to help in alleviating symptoms and improving the detox process. For those who don't know yet, read this on how to make curcumin more bioavailable.

Back
Top Bottom