Iodine and Potassium Iodide

Konstantin said:
Or eggs are just one of those foods that re not very well tolerated by many people and that is the end of the story.
So another of " my believes" that eggs are super food are believes again.

Big surprise for me too.

I thought that I tolerated them just fine. In the original elimination diet, eggs figure as a big culprit for most people.

Konstantin said:
I suppose that all eggs intolerance are for chicken eggs. Maybe the IGG will be different with different eggs.
Then i tried to get a picture of a paleo man some 20 000 years ago i try to think if humans in that time have eat eggs like we are today.If we know that most of the land was under an ice, then it was not so easy to find eggs and eat them every day.

Or the main culprit for a strong IGG reation to eggs are those "modern" eggs and chicken which are full with chemicals and lack of many important nutrients. ? :umm:

Or eggs are just one of those foods that re not very well tolerated by many people and that is the end of the story.
So another of " my believes" that eggs are super food are believes again.

Fairly sure the eggs in France are some of the best available, i maybe wrong. Also, from memory, eggs from different birds are noted on the thread. But i'm with you, i'm still eating eggs but i'm under no illusions at the moment.

Also, just to note, i watched this talk by F. Batmanghelidj, M.D (someone shared it on FB) - his ideas noted by Gaby here:

Gaby said:
Re: "Life Without Bread"
Here, we come back again to the importance of proper hydration which is often underestimated: [...]

Save your money by avoiding sodas, juices, and other unnatural, unnecessary, and sugary beverages. Water is always best. And it's afford-able. Among dehydrating beverages are caffeine, alcohol, some herbal teas, all juices, and sodas. Be sure to add another 12 to 16 ounces of pure water to, your daily intake for every 8 ounces of diuretic beverage consumed. For further excellent information, look for the book Your Body's Many Cries for Water, by F. Batmanghelidj, M.D. Also see the Water Cure website, at www.watercure.com.

Water, Natural salt (Not sodium) first, then diet and exercise in that order! [the title of the talk on YT... 2 hours long]

https://youtu.be/8xweziIaUMo

And since starting the protocol, i've been getting my salt water in the morning and sometimes at night. Anyway, after watching the talk which is basically what Gaby posted in that thread - dehydration causes many pains, and salt water helps almost everything in the body. He specifically talks about sleep - "a pinch on the tongue if your high cortisol at 1-2am wakes you up". Sleep escapes me often, and since i sweat a lot in bed, plus i do daily saunas (still), i certainly need more, even if i love salting my food. So i'm going to experiment with 3/4 - 1tsp a day and see how i get on.

Last night, itook 2 extra 1/4 spoons within about 2 hours of each other and I have to say it did feel like my muscles, which can ache easily, almost immediately stopped aching. Plus i only woke up once at night and slept like a log. That was on the above idea of 3 x 1/4 spoons. Also, i'm making an effort to supp as much water as possible (bottled, spring, fizzy). Still on the coffee though (it's good for me for sure, for now!).

It was only due to the Iodine that i started the salt water so i'm actually interested to see if the apparent benefits will continue. For sure my cortisol/stress thingies were out of whack for a long time, so i expect i will probably need this dose for longer than most. As i've stated before though, the diet settled much of that. However i've still been having trouble sleep and much of it seems to be related to the physical, as opposed to the mental, for now anyway, before it was another story, so hopefully the extra-extra salt will go some way to helping here.

Added: I already supplement with potassium and so on so i doubt it's solely anything like that, but i could be wrong.

While reading Dr. Brownstein's book I am trying to familiarize myself with some of the acronyms. One is TPO.

TPO
What is the official name of the TPO gene?

The official name of this gene is “thyroid peroxidase.”

TPO is the gene's official symbol. The TPO gene is also known by other names, listed below.

Read more about gene names and symbols on the About page.
What is the normal function of the TPO gene?

The TPO gene provides instructions for making an enzyme called thyroid peroxidase. This enzyme plays a central role in the function of the thyroid gland, a butterfly-shaped tissue in the lower neck. Thyroid peroxidase assists the chemical reaction that adds iodine to a protein called thyroglobulin, a critical step in generating thyroid hormones. Thyroid hormones play an important role in regulating growth, brain development, and the rate of chemical reactions in the body (metabolism).

To function properly, thyroid peroxidase must be located in the cell membrane of certain thyroid cells, called follicular cells. Thyroid peroxidase has several different versions (isoforms), which vary by size and location within the cell. Some versions do not function because they are not located in the cell membrane.

I wonder if "butterfly wings" could have another level of meaning to our Iodine research? :huh: :)

Started swallowing some drops of iodine 'Lugol 2%' three weeks ago. The month earlier I was just into the morning salted glass of water alone.

Did 1 drop every other day in the first week, then took 4 drops one morning and 2 in the afternoon/evening the following week and shook all night into the bed! Then I went on with 1 drop a day the following day, no sleep problems, and then the 3rd week I experienced problems with blood pressure, waking up one Friday with a 'balloon-head' sensation and dizziness. Pressure was quote high, 85-180 in the morning, and then I've lost appetite and quit my 2 eggs & bacon breakfast. That would be the third day by now without a fatty breakfast. Today my blood pressure was 78-159 at 1:30 p.m. just before lunch. No dizziness. Still no breakfast but the need to take 2 drops in the morning and 2 drops in between the blood pressure test and lunch. I quit the salted glass of water also... I'll see what is going to happen tomorrow.

I've started taking much higher doses. I have my reasons for doing so. I wanted to see if I could without having some bad reaction and I can. So I will keep y'all posted. Wednesday after upping my dosage on Tuesday I had a headache all day and evening. I just had a nice glass of salt water when I got home from work and have been fine since. Some acne cropping up in out of the way places but other than that I'm great. I'm not afraid of the iodine, was just a little concerned about detox reactions. Now it will just be a matter of deciding how much will be enough to nuke the critters and for how long.

genero81 said:
I've started taking much higher doses. I have my reasons for doing so. I wanted to see if I could without having some bad reaction and I can. So I will keep y'all posted. Wednesday after upping my dosage on Tuesday I had a headache all day and evening. I just had a nice glass of salt water when I got home from work and have been fine since. Some acne cropping up in out of the way places but other than that I'm great. I'm not afraid of the iodine, was just a little concerned about detox reactions. Now it will just be a matter of deciding how much will be enough to nuke the critters and for how long.

Is is recommended to start with very low doses for at least 2-3 weeks! We are so depleted that we use all iodine during this time to remedy this. After this time things could get bad even if before everything was fine. A lot of us started to get bad symptoms around Christmas. Check it out in this thread, please. A few of us had even very severe symptoms. You already have acne, which could be detox. I recommend to do low doses a couple of weeks before you do any experiments with very high doses.

Take care of yourself, genero81

Dirgni said:
genero81 said:

Is is recommended to start with very low doses for at least 2-3 weeks! We are so depleted that we use all iodine during this time to remedy this. After this time things could get bad even if before everything was fine. A lot of us started to get bad symptoms around Christmas. Check it out in this thread, please. A few of us had even very severe symptoms. You already have acne, which could be detox. I recommend to do low doses a couple of weeks before you do any experiments with very high doses.

Take care of yourself, genero81

I started in November, have kept up with this thread as well as posted in this thread. I'm pretty close to five months in.

genero81 said:
I started in November, have kept up with this thread as well as posted in this thread. I'm pretty close to five months in.

OK - just ignore my comment, please. :-[
Take care of yourself when you are experimenting with higher doses, genero81.

Today's my blood pressure was back to normal despite a very stressful day! I'd go on with 1 drop per day and no salted water for awhile... Problem may be that apart from Vit. C, Mg and some K, I'm not really into the prescribed list of co-factors as yet. I've skipped large portions of this thread and in this weekend I'll sweep it all from the beginning.

I'm wondering how to know when you are finished the iodine(apologize if this has already been asked). I'm curious because I'm only on my 4rth month but I'm getting stomach aches after half hour of taking only 2 drops of 5% lugols. I go without for 2 days a week but even the following day is the same thing, and I keep getting the idea that I may be done so I'm wondering how to tell? I've tried the iodine on the skin method and it lasted a few days but maybe there is some other method. The general time frame is 6 months to a year but I've always eaten quite "healthy" so maybe 4 months is enough or I could be missing something else.

Thinkingfingers said:
I'm wondering how to know when you are finished the iodine(apologize if this has already been asked). I'm curious because I'm only on my 4rth month but I'm getting stomach aches after half hour of taking only 2 drops of 5% lugols. I go without for 2 days a week but even the following day is the same thing, and I keep getting the idea that I may be done so I'm wondering how to tell? I've tried the iodine on the skin method and it lasted a few days but maybe there is some other method. The general time frame is 6 months to a year but I've always eaten quite "healthy" so maybe 4 months is enough or I could be missing something else.

You are never done with your need for iodine. You might want to just take one drop every three days though. As the books say, it's for life.

Thinkingfingers said:
I'm curious because I'm only on my 4rth month but I'm getting stomach aches after half hour of taking only 2 drops of 5% lugols. I go without for 2 days a week but even the following day is the same thing, and I keep getting the idea that I may be done so I'm wondering how to tell?

Could you tell how and when do you ingest the lugola? Is it after meal? The dose is rather small, so if you have parasites, they can be just irritated, and their activity may be painful.

Michał said:
Thinkingfingers said:
I'm curious because I'm only on my 4rth month but I'm getting stomach aches after half hour of taking only 2 drops of 5% lugols. I go without for 2 days a week but even the following day is the same thing, and I keep getting the idea that I may be done so I'm wondering how to tell?

Could you tell how and when do you ingest the lugola? Is it after meal? The dose is rather small, so if you have parasites, they can be just irritated, and their activity may be painful.

I take it after a breakfast with B2, B3, and selenium and Vit C an hour after (I used to be able to go 2 hours and sometimes forgot Vit C with no problems). Only these past several weeks are when I began to have aches. I most likely have parasites, but wouldn't the parasites be irritated more when I was taking 4-8 drops as I have been up until late march?. Unless they are finally starving after 4 months of keto.

Laura said:
You are never done with your need for iodine. You might want to just take one drop every three days though. As the books say, it's for life.

Right yes, I should have clarified that by finish I meant dropping the dose and focussing on removing them pesky parasites.

Thinkingfingers said:
Right yes, I should have clarified that by finish I meant dropping the dose and focussing on removing them pesky parasites.

Yeah, I would suspect anything else and not the iodine.

I had stomach pains yesterday after having a meal with some veggies. I also have stomach pains after having minerals such as zinc or a multi-mineral formula. It made me realized that I was having some low stomach acidity issues.

Some sources claim that pretty much everyone has SIBO. I was talking with a correspondent yesterday who has Lyme's disease, hemochromatosis, heavy metal toxicity and a host of other stuff... She said that after years of dealing with SIBO, she finally managed it with 4 grams of HCl! She has been doing 12.5 mg of iodine for several years now too.

How does your diet look like?

Gaby said:
Thinkingfingers said:

Yeah, I would suspect anything else and not the iodine.

I had stomach pains yesterday after having a meal with some veggies. I also have stomach pains after having minerals such as zinc or a multi-mineral formula. It made me realized that I was having some low stomach acidity issues.

Some sources claim that pretty much everyone has SIBO. I was talking with a correspondent yesterday who has Lyme's disease, hemochromatosis, heavy metal toxicity and a host of other stuff... She said that after years of dealing with SIBO, she finally managed it with 4 grams of HCl! She has been doing 12.5 mg of iodine for several years now too.

How does your diet look like?

I thought that as well but it's usually when I take the iodine that I get upset stomach relatively quick. My diet basically consists of 6 - 8 oz a day of a mixture of beef, eggs, chicken, bacon, or sometimes lamb (all grass fed and what not). About 200 - 250 g of fat in the form of fat bomb (non coconut milk), half avocado, and grass fed butter. I eat 2 meals a day, but I only get upset stomach sometimes in the morning after the iodine and it disappears after Vit C. Although aside form the cofactors, iodine, Magnesium, and omega oils i'm not taking any other supplements. I will look at SIBO and go through the autoimmune thread to find out more but it seems like dropping the iodine eliminates the stomach aches. I will try day on day off with the iodine to find out more and check out this new info, let me know if anything else sticks out.

Appreciate the help

Also HCL??!! that's a very powerful acid, what did she take it with?

Back
Top Bottom