2011 Crop Circles

Well, that has to be the first one this year that's actually made me think its genuine (despite the odd kinks, which I think are just the field itself).
Have a comet tail (including front end discharge) as the last 'chapter' of the book seems about right to me.

I disagree - it's really two dimensional and I don't think the irregular lines are the field, I think they're irregular lines. Just my take, of course.

Yeah, those wobbly lines are a bit disconcerting. The "cosmic serpent" angle to it is pretty interesting though. It also looks like it's splitting a "world" in two...

It looks real to me. The wobbly lines are from a tractor, so maybe a drunk farmer if the field isn't leveled? It would be interesting though to see some ground photos.

Also the ying yang look is interesting.

anart said:
I disagree - it's really two dimensional and I don't think the irregular lines are the field, I think they're irregular lines. Just my take, of course.

I got a similar feeling and was not intrigued by it either. Would be interesting to know by who or what the creators get influenced, from where they get ideas/clues, if it is a creative process. Well, if maybe 4D STS has also self importance I think, they would like to see that it is also from then, like a signature. Also here, just guessing on my part.

Gawan said:
I got a similar feeling and was not intrigued by it either. Would be interesting to know by who or what the creators get influenced, from where they get ideas/clues, if it is a creative process. Well, if maybe 4D STS has also self importance I think, they would like to see that it is also from then, like a signature. Also here, just guessing on my part.

I don't know, for some reason also wasn't impressed by the design. It feels off for it to be a 6d STO thoughtform. But that's just my subjective take on it.

anart said:

Hmm...last night when I looked at it, it seemed 3D....but on reviewing it I see how flat it is. Must have been filling in the gaps :rolleyes:

the_hammer said:
It looks real to me. The wobbly lines are from a tractor, so maybe a drunk farmer if the field isn't leveled? It would be interesting though to see some ground photos.

I still don't think that those wobbly lines are all due to tractor tacks. There are just too many of them.

Yeah, the image is cool, but I was very turned off by the wobbliness.

Physics may explain crop-circles mystery ;)
_http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/uncategorized/physics-may-explain-crop-circles-mystery_100553422.html

Washington, Aug 1 (IANS) Crop-circles which appear on farmers’ fields, with their gigantic yet intricate patterns, have intrigued scientists and UFO buffs for decades, but with none emerging any wiser.

However, Richard Taylor, director of the Materials Science Institute at the University of Oregon, takes a serious, hard look at a topic that critics might claim is beyond scientific understanding.

Taylor says physics could hold the answer, with crop-circle artists possibly using the Global Positioning System (GPS) as well as lasers and microwaves to create their patterns, dispensing with the rope, planks of wood and bar stools, the journal Physics World reports.

Microwaves, Taylor suggests, could be used to make crop stalks fall over and cool in a horizontal position — a technique that could explain the speed and efficiency of the artists and the incredible detail that some crop circles exhibit, according to an Oregon statement.

Indeed, one research team claims to be able to reproduce the intricate damage inflicted on crops using a handheld magnetron, readily available from microwave ovens, and a 12V battery.

As Taylor writes, the “crop-circle artists are not going to give up their secrets easily. This summer, unknown artists will venture into the countryside close to your homes and carry out their craft, safe in the knowledge that they are continuing the legacy of the most science-oriented art movement in history”.

And don't forgot to check out SOTT's take on the article above. :)

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/232805-Mysterious-Crop-Circles-Debunked-by-Physics-and-Technology-Not-Really

Nienna Eluch said:
the_hammer said:

I still don't think that those wobbly lines are all due to tractor tacks. There are just too many of them.

Yeah, the image is cool, but I was very turned off by the wobbliness.

My subjective impression is that, being such a huge design, but kind of giving me the creeps (and as a design being a little off), it might be a piece by 4D STS artists. Notice that the theme of the serpent appeared in a previous cc this year, one which had encoded something like "beware 666", which sounds very dis-informative to me.

Generally speaking, however, I am of the opinion that just because a cc is asymetrical, 'flat' or wobbly, that doesn't necessarily mean it's fake. 6D could have intended it exactly like that. In fact, some of the earlier ones were quite flat looking and some had no symetry at all; they looked more like the thought bubbles you see in comics. That was in the times in which not so many Dougs and Daves were running around doing cointelpro. Laura asked specifically about some of them to the Cs and they said which concept they stood for, implying they were genuine.

For a period of time, there has been a secret circle lying in the Warwickshire landscape. Various people have kept images of this formation a secret by not showing them. It was shown briefly at the Crop Circle Connector gathering a while back. A brief glimpse of about five seconds was given to the audience. Then it was taken away, until now as I am showing the images to all. We took a long flight today to photograph this wonderful formation as it seems only a few people are allowed to see it. We wanted to change that. Enjoy!
-Steve Alexander (Facebook, 8/3/11)
22-3.jpg

21-1.jpg

Oh WOW!! What has this one been doing hiding away??

It seems the Australian government has solved the mystery of crop circles, claiming it is wallabies, stoned on opium/poppy, that are stomping out the designs in fields. :lol:

Here's the link to the full story.

_http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/02/crop-circles-stoned-wallabies_n_916196.html?icid=main%7Ccompaq-laptop%7Cdl3%7Csec1_lnk3%7C220875

I'm not convinced by the last circle either, it looks really big, but again boring and sloppy.

Lilou said:
It seems the Australian government has solved the mystery of crop circles, claiming it is wallabies, stoned on opium/poppy, that are stomping out the designs in fields. :lol:

Here's the link to the full story.

_http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/02/crop-circles-stoned-wallabies_n_916196.html?icid=main%7Ccompaq-laptop%7Cdl3%7Csec1_lnk3%7C220875

IMO I read similar news some time back, eventually last year. But couldn't find a reference.

Back
Top Bottom