6 Part Podcast Series with Laura Interviewed by Jay Campbell & Hunter Williams

All subtitles are at least in the table now. But how to create then the srt for other language files, needs to be solved, since the above described problem, but I'm thinking of a workaround.

@Gawan, @OrangeScorpion, I was thinking about this and searching for alternatives, and found this page today. You can upload the English subtitles shared above, and you'll see a column on the right to translate the text. You can then export the translation and share it here to be uploaded to the video. What do you think?

There's also the option of downloading the automatic translations from the YT video, and then taking it from there to speed up the translation. You can use this page for that.

I am going to wait for the transcript before I decide how to best start working on the subtitles.

When it comes to the translation, at this point in time, I think that ChatGPT is better for translation of subtitles than Google. And just today, ChatGPT upgraded me to the new version, but I haven't tried it yet. Supposedly, it should be much better than the 3.5 version.
That sounds like a good alternative too, Persej. You can find the SRT file here.

So, I’ve been sharing this wonderful pod cast link, and I’m coming in hot tonight, with an enthusiastic and blown away report from one of my long time “questers” in my Family of my Heart.
Here’s her comment to me, she has given her permission, and I’ve taken out her daughters name, for privacy.

“Ok, I’ve watched the video 2 times now.
Soooooooo many topics holy hell.
I sent it to “my daughter” also.
I want to watch it and take notes actually there’s so many topics that are so relatable and sit well in my gut.

Frig I just enjoyed them talking about all this trans shit and schools she just check marked so many boxes for me.
Also the alien stuff sat well with me also, ya I won’t be encouraging anymore of those encounters. 😬🥴
I want to order her book called Riding the Wave think it’s called.
Sound like from this video it a good place to start. Can’t wait until “my daughter” watches it also.
. Anywho, you have a beautiful night and sleep talk soon.Much love my friend🤗💖🌸

All subtitles are at least in the table now. But how to create then the srt for other language files, needs to be solved, since the above described problem, but I'm thinking of a workaround.
Subtitle Edit is a wonderful software. It can load the video and you can create subtitles as you go in multiple formats. Of course SRT is the simplest, thus best format. (IMO)
It can even use a trained AI translator block-file that you can download and voila! The AI does the bulk of the translation work, while you are "just" fixing the translation!
OpenAI Whisper = voice to text = SRT

How to install: Github link

Another method:

AI-Video-Translation

A simple Google Colab notebook which can translate an original video into multiple languages along with lip sync.
How it works?
1: Upload video
2: Extract audio and get text from the audio (OpenAI Whisper)
3: Translate the text (Google Translate)
4: Synthesize the translated text with the original voice. a.k.a Voice Cloning (coqui-ai TTS)
5: Lip sync the synthesized audio with the original video clip (OpenTalker video-retalking || Wav2Lip)

Yes, @Jacques, that's what I plan to do, it seems to me the most optimal. I'll listen to the podcast first, to get a feel for the exchange and then I'll get down to work with entoushiasm.

Hi @EricLux,

I used one of the tools share by @Luis Miguel and I have the first french draft translation of the vidéo.

Maybe you could do the proofreading since I'm pretty sure that there are some errors.

You could (or I can if you prefer) upload the draft in the google sheet and from that, I think that it will be faster for you to do the proofreading.

Here's the french draft.

Attachments

• traduction épisode 1 Laura.xlsx
    84.5 KB · Views: 9
Really enjoyed Part 1, well done! Great to hear familiar concepts in this format. Hopefully it will reach new audiences and peek their curiosity to learn more about secret histories and our interaction with hyper dimensional entities. Looking forward to part 2 :flowers:

Hi @EricLux,

I used one of the tools share by @Luis Miguel and I have the first french draft translation of the vidéo.

Maybe you could do the proofreading since I'm pretty sure that there are some errors.

You could (or I can if you prefer) upload the draft in the google sheet and from that, I think that it will be faster for you to do the proofreading.

Here's the french draft.
Thanks to both of you (@Jacques and @Luis Miguel), if it suits you, I'm going to use it as support for my subtitle translations (I'm currently about 1/3 of the way through the first hour).

I've noticed that the software has trouble with the conjugation or even the translation of certain sentences, which means that even if they're subtitles, you lose coherence from one line to the next, and even if you're not trying to rewrite everything, it's always good to keep a certain fluency that's specific to spoken language.

If it's okay with both of you, I'll keep it that way :)

I'm aware that all our friends who love the beautiful language of French are impatient, but I prefer to make something that's a pleasure to read.

Don't hesitate to let me know how we can improve our teamwork! Thanks again!​

Back
Top Bottom