A sign that things are about to change drastically?

UK is off to a bad start.

WINTER 2013 TO BE LONGEST IN HISTORY: Heavy snow could fall until MAY warn forecasters

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/444385/Long-range-UK-weather-forecast-warns-snow-storms-and-Arctic-winds-could-last-SIX-months

FWIW, today i asked at the volcanos site here about what they think of the current level of volcanic activity worldwide. Presumably in response, they've placed this item in their FAQ:

We sometimes are being asked if the number of currently active volcanoes and ongoing erruptions, or global volcanic activity, has been increasing recently. Should we be worried "globally"?
The current level of volcanic activity is completely normal, on the contrary (if not on the low end of averages over decades).
The main difference is that there is faster and more information availabe, as well as increased media coverage and public interest on the subject of global volcanic activity. This might give the impression that volcanic activity is on the increase (which it is not).
So, we should not be worried by global volcanic activity.

Still not sure about the current level of activity and its relation to the average, but adding that kind of info permanently into FAQ seems somewhat preemptive.

lostinself said:
FWIW, today i asked at the volcanos site here about what they think of the current level of volcanic activity worldwide. Presumably in response, they've placed this item in their FAQ:

We sometimes are being asked if the number of currently active volcanoes and ongoing erruptions, or global volcanic activity, has been increasing recently. Should we be worried "globally"?
The current level of volcanic activity is completely normal, on the contrary (if not on the low end of averages over decades).
The main difference is that there is faster and more information availabe, as well as increased media coverage and public interest on the subject of global volcanic activity. This might give the impression that volcanic activity is on the increase (which it is not).
So, we should not be worried by global volcanic activity.

Still not sure about the current level of activity and its relation to the average, but adding that kind of info permanently into FAQ seems somewhat preemptive.

Hmm....maybe some normalizing going on there. Seems like a lot of Volcanoes to me. I wonder if this is a symptom of the beginning of pole shift on the planet? Perhaps earthquakes at Yellow stone are part of this too?

I wonder what they'd say if we asked about sink holes or comets, my bet is the same "all is normal, go back to sleep" addition to their FAQ. So I ain't buyin it without the data!

Anthony said:
UK is off to a bad start.

WINTER 2013 TO BE LONGEST IN HISTORY: Heavy snow could fall until MAY warn forecasters

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/444385/Long-range-UK-weather-forecast-warns-snow-storms-and-Arctic-winds-could-last-SIX-months

Expecting also a huge winter storm at the east coast of US, http://www.sott.net/article/269233-Three-million-flyers-across-the-US-East-Coast-told-to-expect-massive-cancellations-as-deadly-storm-rolls-in

SAO said:
I wonder what they'd say if we asked about sink holes or comets, my bet is the same "all is normal, go back to sleep" addition to their FAQ. So I ain't buyin it without the data!

They would probably say:

"We sometimes are being asked if the number of sinkholes has been increasing recently. Should we be worried "globally"?
The current level of sinkhole activity is completely normal, on the contrary (if not on the low end of averages over decades).
The main difference is that there is faster and more information availabe, as well as increased media coverage and public interest on the subject of people being swallowed by the earth while in their cars or homes. This might give the impression that sinkhole activity is on the increase (which it is not).
So, we should not be worried by people, cars and homes being swallow and dissappearing into the earth.

:P

Rx said:
SAO said:

They would probably say:

"We sometimes are being asked if the number of sinkholes has been increasing recently. Should we be worried "globally"?
The current level of sinkhole activity is completely normal, on the contrary (if not on the low end of averages over decades).
The main difference is that there is faster and more information availabe, as well as increased media coverage and public interest on the subject of people being swallowed by the earth while in their cars or homes. This might give the impression that sinkhole activity is on the increase (which it is not).
So, we should not be worried by people, cars and homes being swallow and dissappearing into the earth.

:P

Yes. One acquaintance of mine tried to mock me with something like this - "the end is nigh, whaaaaaa". His explanation was exactly like what you wrote above. What an ignorance.

The "increased media coverage and public interest on the subject" explanation would be pertinent if they offer any data. Media coverage haven't changed much since two, five or ten years. And the "public" has always been interested in the subject. Do they offer real statistics on volcanic activity through the recent years? They don't. And that's even without considering underwater volcanoes that almost nobody hears about.

This person has some interesting data, hard to actually compare this with official information as I couldn't find a similar analysis on any other place (if someone know where to get it, please let me know). Although the author goes in the direction of "Global Warming".

_http://www.michaelmandeville.com/earthchanges/gallery/Quakes/index.htm

14o90df.gif
2ennejt.jpg

Abstract: The Earthquakes Storyboard is composed of a substantial collection of webpages, trend graphs, & images which document earthquake activity in the greater portion of the Earth in magnitudes as low as 2.0, generally for the period 1973 to the present. This collection is designed as the beginning of an annual worldwide summary of earthquake activity, the long term trends in seismic activity, and how this activity correlates with cosmological and geophysical dynamics. The collection was first placed on the Iway in 2007 and will be immature in many ways yet for many years. A basic conceptual framework is provided based on geophysical principles of vortex tectonics Many important but previously unpublished observations about Earth's seismic activity is presented.

ome Major Findings

The most important observation offered by the Storyboard is that tectonic motions in the Earth have been increasing at a growing rate since the advent of the Global Warming era. A threefold increase in major seismic activity has occurred during the past 34 years (magnitude 4+ since 1973) in most areas of the world and it is likely that a fivefold increase of major activity on a planetary basis has occurred since about 1960. Paralleling this increase in seismic activity, a long term acceleration in the annual activity of volcanoes has increased the number of active days by over three times during the period 1950 to 2006. These findings have profoundly important implications for all Earth Sciences, most especially the current investigations and debates about Global Warming. Earth's increasing tectonic activity can easily account for all global warming phenomenon.

Yes, it seems that things are accelerating. No time for play-piddling or fence-sitting... post from today, (11/26) claiming that there are now 35 active volcanoes world-wide...

Here’s a map of the Ring of Fire and the 35 volcanoes that are experiencing sporadic eruptions and other active volcanic activity. Click on any volcano to see what sort of volcanic activity that volcano is experiencing:

11-26-2013-1-38-24-pm.png

_http://www.ibtimes.com/volcano-indonesia-one-35-currently-erupting-volcanoes-heres-where-they-are-map-1486866

It IS an interesting connection to volcanic activity to think about electric or electromagnetic interactions / activity in our "cosmic neighborhood."

Mark said:
Yes, it seems that things are accelerating. No time for play-piddling or fence-sitting... post from today, (11/26) claiming that there are now 35 active volcanoes world-wide...

One can't count out places like Antarctica: _http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/11/18/active-volcano-discovered-under-antarctic-ice-sheet/

snip said:
Earthquakes deep below West Antarctica reveal an active volcano hidden beneath the massive ice sheet, researchers said in a study published in the journal Nature Geoscience.

The discovery finally confirms long-held suspicions of volcanic activity concealed by the vast West Antarctic Ice Sheet. Several volcanoes poke up along the Antarctic coast and its offshore islands, such as Mount Erebus, but this is the first time anyone has caught magma in action far from the coast.

"This is really the golden age of discovery of the Antarctic continent," said Richard Aster, a co-author of the study and a seismologist at Colorado State University. "I think there's no question that there are more volcanic surprises beneath the ice."

Nor the uncalculable amount of sub oceanic vents or fissures that have or could open up.

SeekinTruth said:
It IS an interesting connection to volcanic activity to think about electric or electromagnetic interactions / activity in our "cosmic neighborhood."

Most definitely.

SeekinTruth said:

Agree! I don't think it is a coincidence either that this volcanic activity AND the sudden flare-up in solar activity with an X-class flare last week is happening while a comet or more are passing close by the sun and visible from earth.

Aeneas said:
SeekinTruth said:

Agree! I don't think it is a coincidence either that this volcanic activity AND the sudden flare-up in solar activity with an X-class flare last week is happening while a comet or more are passing close by the sun and visible from earth.

Exactly. Also several pictures I've seen in SOTT articles over the last couple of years where there's spectacular lightning bolts / electrical discharges coming OUT of a volcano toward the sky.

Anyone have any idea what this is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxzTX0SD6pw&feature=youtu.be

Back
Top Bottom