Ancient Comet ‘Atlas’ is Back! Plus Giant Asteroid

If you are on Twitter, one can search for Comet Atlas or Comet C19 and one will get fresh updates. There was no source for the following, but it said:
Con Stoitsis
@vivstoitsis
1h [Link]
Not great news on Comet ATLAS. Is this the end of the comet? It has shown a decline in brightness recently, and the orbit also shows a high level of non gravitational effects, indicating the nucleus is small and may be about to disintegrate. Image Michael Mattiazzo.
This would have to be confirmed from other sources. For the moment it is something to be aware of as a possibility.

If you have a Twitter account and go to Apr 4 then, as long as the Tweet is active you can watch a recording of the Comet made by this person:
☆Matthijs Burgmeijer
@MMBurgmeijer

Comet c/2019 y4 (Atlas) *update*. Tonight I had a three hour window of clear skies to do my observation on Comet Atlas. Despite the bright moon it definitely shows a more pronounced tail than a few nights ago. #Astrophotography #cometatlas #comet #astronomy #space #science

From the simulations posted by tempo, it seems like it's closest to the sun right at the beginning in June. Maybe we'll see more news of increased sun activity then. With the comet being so close to the Sun (similar distance of Mercury from the Sun), I wonder if it will alter the trajectory of it in some way as the Sun imparts energy on it?

Reactions: luc
What is the possibility of the ATLAS comet and OR2 colliding?
This time there's zero possibility. You can look at the simulation of C2019/Atlas which tempo posted earlier...

Found an interesting website that seems to give detailed information on this comet, and others.

Also has a neat little 3D solar system simulator so you can see it's orbit, and where it will be on what dates.

...and compare it with 1998 OR2...

...to see that the asteroid is circling the Sun on our ecliptic plane while the comet's orbit is out of it and only intersects the plane when in perihelium (first days of June as discussed earlier) - it will be (very roughly) half way between Mercury and the Sun by then. Those two bodies won't get close to each other.

Hello to all the good people here. I haven't been around here for quite some time. I've listened to Jordan Peterson's advice and went out to face the world and my fears, which roughly and in short looked like living a normal life, finding a girlfriend, getting a job as a booking agent, all of which helped me combat my social anxiety and low self confidence. I am aware that I am still hiding away from my full potential, but also I can also see how much I've grown and strengthened in the past few years. JP's advices really do work wonders! A lot of strange things have happened in my life during my "hero's journey" and I hope I will have the opportunity to share experiences and insights that I've gathered.

I would like to share something with you on the pressing matters in todays world, that has been on my mind past few days. I feel great resistance of writing here but that's the more reason to do it I think, and perhaps it will have some merit to us.

Since sometime in early fall last year there was a feeling in me that something big is about to happen in the world. Yes I know, that's probably true for everyone reading this forum, the same way it was for me, even since I was five or six years old. But this time it was and is different, more pressing. When I read the closing message from Cassiopaeans in session of 28.12.2019., I wasn't even surprised, to say the least, because it was exactly matching the feeling I was having.

That same feeling reminded me of the dream I had that I wrote about on the forum here: Phone call from myself At the same time this was happening, late January - early February I was finally finishing my driving lessons after more then 3 years since I first started them because I was avoiding them (I never liked cars and even had a fear of them). I remembered that a man from the dream that led me to the house from a dream looked strikingly similar to my driving instuctor, and for it to be even more strange, every single time he picked me at a specific place in front of my building, unlike two of my previous instructors who never picked me anywhere near my building. The location where he always parked was the same location where the man from my dream picked me up and led me to the house with two women that I had an amazing connection of love with, and where I later received a phone call from my future self who told me: "get out of your hide and ride, they are coming you must wake up fast!"

Also, since I was away I got into cryptocurrency, especially one that I specificaly found interesting because of the conspiracy theories it is surounded by. It is called XRP and in majority it is owned by a company called Ripple. XRP | Ripple Later I can give a more detailed presentation of the conspiracies, hits and signs that suggest that XRP token could be used as a new global currency and fuel for the new digital economy, but for now suffice it to say that there is something brewing in that sphere of our world and it appears Ripple the company is heavily involved in it. And I also find it curious how all the big names in the industry when they talk about digital economy and use the term "level playing field" and then describe exactly what XRP is designed to do, every last one of them fails to mention XRP or Ripple the company while having no issue mentioning bitcoin or ethereum or other cryptocurrencies. Their avoidance of the word XRP and Ripple is telling by itself, especially because Ripple is so closely connected to the central banks and other financial institutions and many high ranking players in the world of economy. Now to get to my point. There is a strange twitter account that goes by name of Mr Pool (Mr Pool (@looP_rM311_7211) | Twitter), that has been posting cryptig messages, hints and riddles that most people thought only revolve around XRP and it being used as a global currency. I was following him for a while out of curiosity, and I soon began suspecting that he is giving clues about more then just XRP. Still I wasn't sure if that individual had any inside knowledge or knowledge at all, and I am still not, but what struck me was his post from 9th of November 2019: Can you see what I see, or am I crazy? He actually "predicted" that on 11th of March there will be a new false flag
attack, which seemingly he describes as dod(department of defense?) astro test 11.
viber_image_2020-04-05_16-53-43.jpg
And there is a dragon eating it's tail surrounding the picture. And we all know what dragons symbolize!
Make sure to check his posts if you have time, perhaps you can find some other clues.

All that was happening, plus other weird events and signs in and around my life, while in the same time I had a feeling that something big is coming. Then fast forward to few days ago when I read this thread about a green comet coming our way which made me remember my dreams that I wrote about here and an object on the sky from my dream that looked eerily similar to the picture of comet atlas: Session 4 July 1998 and also here: realistic dream of lightning storm

It was the sequence of 4 dreams, all happening during same night and they were all unusual dreams to say the least. In first dream I was on my balcony during daytime watching a sort of greenish-blackish omnious object on the sky that apparently appeared over night and caused a worldwide concern. Second dream I interpreted as a personally symbolic for me, it was on my other balcony and it was night and I chased batman like figure from my floor to the floor above me, and after that the scenery changed to the third theme, and I was outside with my family or friends and we went to the supermarket to prepare and everyone was stacking on food and in panic mode. Finally after that I had the most intense out of all dreams that night, which felt like a sequel to the first three, and in retrospect this one indeed felt more like a vision then a dream. I was literally there, in my living room with my brother, looking through the windows that connect to our first balcony and there was the worst lightening storm you can imagine raging outside. Thunderbolts were destroying everything outside. I vaguely remember telling my brother something along the lines of don't go outside at any cost! Gives a whole new meaning to #stayathome :-P

To make things even weirder, when I looked at my post here where I shared those dreams, by a chance I wrote down a date of when I had the dream, and the date was 11th of March 2012. :scared: Then, when I opened this article, I found out that apparently the official date that comet atlas was first spoted was 28th of December 2019. The same date as the session with Cassiopaeans where they warned us about things soon becoming very strange in our realm. Comet atlas is supposed to have it's closest approach to Earth on 23d of May, then around middle of February 2021 Earth will pass close by the area of space where comet Atlas and it's huge plasma tail had passed through. That is about 11 months from 11.3.2020. when dod astro test 11 post was shared by Mr Pool. Who knows what kind of an effect could that have to our atmosphere, and that's not even counting the possible viral friends it might have as passangers.

Then there is this:
And this:
And this (the first mission of U.S. Space Force) notice the name of the rocket:
And these Ronald Reagan speeches:
This was also shared by Mr Pool on twitter: 'Presidential Alert': Trump text slides to October 3
And don't forget recent economist magazine cover (hand that is holding humans on a leash is in the sky): https://www.worldofmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/The-Economist-Latin-America-–-28-March-2020.jpg

I don't know if I am seeing to much into everything, but I just wanted to share it with someone who sees our reality with similar eyes as me, and also I can't help but think and feel that everything is somehow connected and that all this feels at least to me really bizzare and strange. We are definitely not in Kanzas anymore kind of feeling.

Unfortunately I couldn't have made this post shorted without sharing everything I feel and see as best as I could. Moderators will probably decide if this post belongs to this thread. If nothing, I at least hope you found all of this interesting. I know I did. Who needs crazy SF movies when you got all of that and more in this strange realm!

What is the possibility of the ATLAS comet and OR2 colliding? Or another NEO? The closest approach of ATLAS to earth I believe was April 30 and OR2 is April 29. Is it possible to model both bodies on the same trajectory modeling?

Hi jlmeredith, I notice that this is your first post here. It's customary for new members to write an introductory post in the Newbies forum to tell us a bit about themselves and how they found their way here.

In light of the news on the 3rd of April that Comet 2I/Borisov is thought to be 'falling apart', a recent tweet reports on the 6th April that Qicheng Zhang (Caltech) thinks that something similar could be happening with Comet Y4 Atlas, this comes just after its brightness was observed to be "flickering". I'm not sure whether this will effect its expected trajectory..

See the Tweets for dates but they should show the most recent at the top and oldest at the bottom:

Last edited:
The green comet, last year I think or possibly 2 years ago, was showing then it went dim and then it went very large. Astronomers had a hard time trying to figure out why as they mostly believe in the dirty snowball theory. They don't know what to think about an electrically charged rock several km's in diameter carrying an electric field 1/2 the size of the Sun loaded up with carbon. All bets off, but it should provide a good show if it is what they say.

Comet Atlas, in addition for a dimming and and slight change in trajectory, seems to be fragmenting:
next_20200405.png

left: a more or less round pseudo-nucleus, right: and elongated pseudo-nucleus, suggesting fragmentation.
It will be more clear in a few days ahead:

We confirm the appearance of a nuclear elongation reported by Ye & Zhang, with a total nuclear elongation of 3.5 arcserc at the time of our second epoch of observations. The distribution of nuclear material appears somewhat bimodal, with a suggested gap between a sharper "leading" peak and a following more extended section.

Same thing happened to the 2I/Borisov (interstellar) comet:
HST_Borisov_March_23.28.30.jpg

Comet Atlas, in addition for a dimming and and slight change in trajectory, seems to be fragmenting:
next_20200405.png

left: a more or less round pseudo-nucleus, right: and elongated pseudo-nucleus, suggesting fragmentation.
It will be more clear in a few days ahead:

Same thing happened to the 2I/Borisov (interstellar) comet:
HST_Borisov_March_23.28.30.jpg

So, if it is fragmenting, that means different trajectories, right? Unknown at present?

The trajectories of the main fragments should remain roughly on the same path, unless one of them slows down enough to a less eccentric orbit. If there are smaller ejecta that are not visible which adopt a more different trajectory, it is hard to speculate.

A bit more information on Atlas' break up from Space Weather:
"It's possible that this is the beginning of the end," says Battams.

Recent measurements of the comet's position also point to trouble. Battams explains: "The comet's orbit is now being influenced by 'non-gravitational' forces. These forces are the result of gases lifting off the comet nucleus and causing the nucleus to move very slightly in the opposite direction-sort of like a jet engine. Most active comets experience this to some degree, but ATLAS's non-gravitational forces have kicked in very abruptly and are quite strong. This supports a narrative of a small nucleus being pushed very strongly by extreme outgassing, possibly along with fragmentation."

"Finally, let's not forget that ATLAS is a fragment of a larger (unidentified) comet also related to the Great Comet of 1844," says Battams. "Fragmenting is a family trait for these guys."

Earth phoned to Atlas :
Hey, can you send me a cleaner, im infested with parasits at this moment ?

Atlas answer :
Sure, delivery already on-going - You know that you can always count on Universal Planet Sponge for a fast and efficient work
(do not forget to answer to our satisfaction survey this time)

Back
Top Bottom