Ascorbic acid (vitamin C)

:cry: If someone is already sick , what about rectal administration of vitamin c???
I've been waiting for that explanation although a I might have missed it. Thanks

michaelrc said:
:cry: If someone is already sick , what about rectal administration of vitamin c???
I've been waiting for that explanation although a I might have missed it. Thanks

The last thing posted about it came mainly from here:

http://www.sott.net/article/284126-Vitamin-C-A-cure-for-Ebola

Sodium ascorbate is suggested because it is alkaline and thus it doesn't "burn" the rectal mucosa. Just like IV vitamin C, you use an alkaline version.

For oral ingestion, plain ascorbic acid would do. In case of severe sickness, you can combine oral ascorbic acid plus oral liposomal vitamin C and if results are not good enough, you can add the sodium ascorbate enema.

Thank you Gaby!!! The enema to cleanse and then proceed next to the 15 to 30 grams of ascorbate? I'm wondering how long the vitamin c will continue to be effective at this dose? Can this be a boon of sorts, and that we've done all that can be done and for how long until this needs to be repeated to maintain dynamic flow?

I know this might seem somewhat out there but I'm very concerned and could give a tinkers dam about what other people think because they don't. Not here of course. :perfect:

LQB said:
davey72 said:
I am curious if there is a form of vitamin C that can be used sublingually?

Yes, but the ones I've seen have lots of sugar
This must be due to the acidity i assume as i tried some powder under the tongue and it is immediately washed away by saliva.Would an alkaline version work better?

michaelrc said:
Thank you Gaby!!! The enema to cleanse and then proceed next to the 15 to 30 grams of ascorbate? I'm wondering how long the vitamin c will continue to be effective at this dose? Can this be a boon of sorts, and that we've done all that can be done and for how long until this needs to be repeated to maintain dynamic flow?

I don't think anyone can give you a cut and dry formula. It depends on the disease and the person. Reading about past experiences is useful, you get an idea of what to expect on how much was used in which condition. There are articles posted in this thread. For instance, here is a summary:

http://www.health-matrix.net/2013/06/22/vitamin-cs-historical-and-miraculous-record/

Vitamin C enemas were explained within the context of IV access unavailability, i.e. kids. In theory, you start with oral vitamin C and then move unto IV access or enemas if the disease is serious and/or oral intake is not possible due to unconsciousness or vomits.

davey72 said:
LQB said:
davey72 said:

This must be due to the acidity i assume as i tried some powder under the tongue and it is immediately washed away by saliva.Would an alkaline version work better?

You can try an ascorbate but You're probably not going to like it. Cardio-C is a product from the Vit C Foundation that combines ascorbic acid with lysine, proline, and stevia to produce a very drinkable mixture.

LQB said:
davey72 said:
LQB said:
davey72 said:

You can try an ascorbate but You're probably not going to like it. Cardio-C is a product from the Vit C Foundation that combines ascorbic acid with lysine, proline, and stevia to produce a very drinkable mixture.

But then you are just consuming it orally along with other u. Why would i not like ascorbate?

davey72 said:
LQB said:
davey72 said:
LQB said:
davey72 said:

But then you are just consuming it orally along with other u. Why would i not like ascorbate?

I don't think the ascorbates taste very good under the tongue.

:umm: I'm wondering if drinking apple cider with vitamin c added is an effective way to boost your vitamin c levels? I'm trying to have a vitamin c drink at work that l sip through out the day. The real thrust of this question is, does the sugar within the drink eliminate the effectiveness of the added vitamin c? I remember reading that sugars displace vitamin c uptake in the receptors. This answer would help alot, mainly because l've been adding vitamin c to different drinks for a while now. :lkj: l might be a victim of wishful thinking...

If you want a vitamin c drink that you can drink during work you could mix it with water, add a few drops of Stevia and some lemon or orange extract as a concentrated "syrup" and then dilute it with soda water. It makes a great tasting soda.

Mr. Premise said:
If you want a vitamin c drink that you can drink during work you could mix it with water, add a few drops of Stevia and some lemon or orange extract as a concentrated "syrup" and then dilute it with soda water. It makes a great tasting soda.

:) Thanks Mr Premise, I'll get right on this. I figured what l was doing was a wrong headed approach to supplementing vitamin c.

I'm wondering if the liposomal vitamin c is some what protected by being ensconced within the fat molecule of the lecithin? Doesn't that mean the liposomal travels to the liver because of the fat, therefore carbs or sugars in the stomach are a mute point in it's digestion? :lkj:

michaelrc said:
I'm wondering if the liposomal vitamin c is some what protected by being ensconced within the fat molecule of the lecithin?

That would make sense considering that the encapsulation increases the bioavailability of the Vit-C, though I'm not sure what exactly it is being protected from.

Doesn't that mean the liposomal travels to the liver because of the fat, therefore carbs or sugars in the stomach are a mute point in it's digestion? :lkj:

The liver secretes the bile necessary for fat digestion into the small intestine, but it doesn't break down the fats within itself. However, vitamin c absorption is modulated by glucose, so yes carbs are definitely a bad idea to include with a dose of Vit-C.

_http://jn.nutrition.org/content/130/1/63.long

As it happens, vitamin C and sugar use the same port entry to access our cells and when there is little to no sugar to compete, a higher percentage of vitamin C gets into the cells making our requirements shrink. This is why our need for vitamin C goes down to the point where most people had to minimize or even eliminate it in a ketogenic diet – a diet based on animal foods and fats.

_http://www.health-matrix.net/2013/06/17/heal-thyself-with-homemade-liposomal-vitamin-c/

Back
Top Bottom