Atreides and "The List"

Re: Re: Session 12 December 2010

Laura said:
He came within an inch of losing his colon or his life.
This is chocking. The attack on him was on two fronts at least, emotional and physical (and probably on the third front too since the attackers spent so much energy). I imagine that if you announce this here in the forum it means he's already winning the battle right?

Big Hugs to you Atreides!! :hug2:

Sorry to hear this as well, but glad that he is home and doing better. You guys are all in our thoughts.

Get well soon!! :flowers:

I am sorry to hear, that it went worse for Atriedes. But it is good to hear, that he is home from hospital now. I hope, it will get upwards from here on now. Get well soon, Atriedes! :flowers:

It is also good to hear from your progressing recovery, Ailen! Your request for everyone to detox is indeed timely and really worth to think about. An alert to take more care. I have my own issues regarding diet and detox and need to work this out as well (lots of it may be predator related). So thank you for the reminder!

Ellipse said:
But I don't understand something, would it not have been possible for you to open the channel and ask about this dire situation ? From the exterior you seem to do it so easily.

Also had a similar thought. But I also thought at the same time, that maybe Laura and the others at the Chateau knew, what they were doing - as they have already overcome many attacks together and knew somehow, what was the right thing to do in this case. Or so I think at least...

Atriedes and Ailen, I hope, you will have recovered fully soon! :hug2:

My thoughts go out to you all in the Chateau and you will be in my prayers. :hug:

EDIT: spelling and grammar

mkrnhr said:
Laura said:
This is chocking. The attack on him was on two fronts at least, emotional and physical (and probably on the third front too since the attackers spent so much energy). I imagine that if you announce this here in the forum it means he's already winning the battle right?

Posté par: Learner
Your request for everyone to detox is indeed timely and really worth to think about. An alert to take more care. I have my own issues regarding diet and detox and need to work this out as well (lots of it may be predator related). So thank you for the reminder!

As mkrnhr saw, attack can take many forms as in Atreides case. So detoxing should be on all 3 aspects, physical, mind and emotional body. So EE is as important as diet and following a detox program. This is our own personal battle again our predator every one, who want to distract us from using our knowledge. The battle is always present, on a moment to moment so, be vigilant.

dant said:
Always expect attacks and modes of the same. STS
forces are ruthless, have no conscience nor respect.

I am sending my prayers to the DCM for the protection
and restoration of health to Atreides and Ailèn.

Please get well soon!

You will be in my prayers too Atreides and Ailén. :hug2:

Mod's note: Edited to remove blank spaces.

Laura said:
We brought him home this afternoon. He had a bit of applesauce, his first food in 6 days. He came within an inch of losing his colon or his life.

This was a real shock. I hope you're feeling better soon Atriedes. Here's a big :hug: to help you :). And Ailén too, I hope you're well on the way to recovery. :hug: for you, too :).

I hope you heal well Atreides, that was quite a shock. Wishing you and Ailén continued support and healing. :hug2:

My heart goes to you Atreides :hug:. I hope that now you will heal quicker and without so much pain :hug2:
Ailen I'm so glad to hear that you feel much better. Thank you very much for your concern, it's deeply appreciated :love: :hug2:
Take very good care of yourselves chateau crew. :love:

Big Hug Atreides :hug:

Sorry to hear how awful it has been. Thinking of you all. XXX

Wishing You Atreides and Alien a comfortable and speedy recovery! :hug: :)

Everyone stay safe and keep vigilant! It's an intense time of year.

Whoa... Just getting up to date after a few days away from internet... Best wishes for your recovery, Atreides!!!

mkrnhr said:
Laura said:

Yes, I would say that he was weakened by emotional attack and that made him more susceptible.

Interestingly, we learned something very valuable from this experience. There was something else that was weakening his system. Let me explain.

Some time ago I had a little email exchange with a friend who asserted confidently that she could NOT eat vegetables, that only meat suited her system. I was very doubtful of this, certain that if she detoxed she would be able to tolerate veggies.

As ya'll know, we've worked with our diet with the conviction that veggies - complex carbs - should be a significant part of it, right?

Well, when Atriedes was given the instructions on how to prepare for his colonoscopy - this was before we decided that we couldn't wait for the scan - he was told that for three days prior, he was to eat "no residue foods." I asked what that was: NO veggies, NO fruits, only meats.

Say WHAT? I thought that eating veggies CLEANED the colon!

Apparently not. And gastroenterologists know this and those are the instructions for preparing for a colonoscopy.

Okay, I put that in my hat and things continued to happen. Then, we went through several wrong diagnoses from doctors including ulcerative colitis and diverticulitis, until finally the scan and partial colonoscopy were done and it turned out to be neither but a massive infection of the sigmoid. He was told that he had to eat NO residue foods during the healing process, i.e. eat only meats. Well, yeah, there are other things suggested as no residue foods but most of them are evil. Atriedes is gluten, egg and dairy intolerant so anything along that line is also out. Okay, I put that in my hat.

I went on the internet and read about the related conditions. Nearly every single website announces practically in big, bold letters: "this condition is NOT caused by diet!!!" And then they say: "However, dietary changes do seem to help/accelerate healing/bring relief" and "certain foods do seem to trigger attacks" etc.

It just boggles the mind that they can say that!

Anyway, they tell a person to go on a no residue diet during flare-ups, and then they can go back to regular food until their next acute attack.

Right.

How about they go on the no residue diet and stay on it and NEVER have attacks again? After all, in the majority of cases, after a certain number of attacks, the only "cure" is to remove the colon and wear a sack until - and IF - they can rebuild the system.

I mean, how many neurons does it take to figure this out? I'm supposed to tell my son: "Oh, eat this until you are better and then go back to eating what made you sick"???!!! And in a few years, we'll buy you a colostomy bag for Christmas!

And I'm now totally convinced that there are some people who just can't eat vegetables - or very few, very seldom.

Funny thing is, Ark is the same way. For years I've been trying to get him to eat his veggies and for years, he's been telling me - and I've witnessed - that they cause him extreme pain and suffering. Only a little bit now and then seems to be tolerable. He lived for years on hot dogs and instant mashed potatoes because they were the only things that didn't upset his stomach. Obviously, hot dogs are not the best meat source, but I now see why he ate them: NO residue!!!

So, this bit of information is going to go into our diet thread because I do want people to know that there are some of us who really can only eat meat: veggies kill some people.

Back
Top Bottom